(Topic ID: 195539)

Chicklet club, who has broken a sheet of pinball glass?

By Dewey68

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Cruster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you broken playfield glass?”

• Nope, haven't popped that cherry yet! 11 votes
      50%
    • Once 8 votes
      36%
    • Twice 2 votes
      9%
    • Lost count! 1 vote
      5%

(22 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Who has broken a sheet of pinball glass? (The Judge, I'm looking in your direction)

I haven't yet, but I'm sure it's a matter of time. I think about it every time I pull a sheet off a pin or I"m putting one back on. Sometimes I can feel the tension I'm putting on it, if I don't catch both channels just right and have that "Oh shit!" moment until I get it straightened out.

I'm sure the guys that have been in the hobby a long time have broken multiple sheets.

#2 6 years ago

As posted here years ago; two on Game Plan Sharpshooter. On location at bowling alleys. There is a reason those Game Plan machines were susceptible.....

#3 6 years ago

My machine unfortunetly resides in the garage. Here in michigan it was maybe a month or two ago and it went from being high 80s to low 70s about a day apart. Either it was the temp change or the fact that it was the glass that was in when i got my machine and for all i know it couldve been the original glass. I slid it out and was holding it, nowhere near ground and it just exploded. Little chunks of glass everywhere, all over the playfield. I stood there for a good 2 mins before what happened sunk in. Glass is always a fickle thing, the slightest scratch or imperfection couldve finally given way. I was still finishing my machine so the clean up was going to happen anyway along with replacing plastics and putting in leds. Ordered new glass and its finished but everytime i have to take out that glass I have that constant fear that it will happen again.

#4 6 years ago

Broke a sheet on a game I just sold as I was taking the balls out to show the new owner how to do it. Luckily I had a spare sheet and it popped after the glass was out of the machine.

#5 6 years ago

For a second, I thought it was Chicklet club: Who's lost teeth playing hockey!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicklet-club-who-has-broken-a-sheet-of-pinball-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.