(Topic ID: 21974)

Chicago X-Men launch party is at Emporium good or bad?

By EmptyLogic

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ARTMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Chicago X-Men launch party in Chicagoland is at Emporium good or bad?”

• Yes I love new places and to try new things even though when I am waiting to play xmen I can play Space Jam 6 votes
      46%
    • No, Gameworks is nice, suburban and has decent line up whilst waiting to try out xmen. 7 votes
      54%

(13 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

Emporium line up:

Fire Power (but maybe a Transformers now),
    Michael Jordan Space Jam
    The Machine: Bride of Pinbot

Gameworks Line up:
    ACDC
    Family Guy
    Sopranos
    Iron Man
    Tron
    Transformers

#2 11 years ago

It's not out in the mega burbs, so as a city dweller I'm happy with that. This is the first time I'll attend.

#3 11 years ago

How is Gameworks to have a launch party if they didn't buy the game?
    They are waiting to try it?
    Well guess what, somebody else actually bought it and is doing the launch.
    What if they try it then don't like? No party at all?
    The launch parties have become another selling point for pre-orders for ops.
    If Emp. bought early and arranged the launch while GW was kicking tires, then they deserve the launch, even with a weak lineup.
    -DNO-

#4 11 years ago

Actually, GW does have X-Men now. Just saying.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

thats good to know... i'll have my own launch party at GW then

#6 11 years ago

I'm not saying one is better than the other either. I'm always happy when there are new places around here getting games! I'd just prefer not to drive all the way downtown for the launch party where it may be crowded and there's not a large selection of pins to play. This one'll be for the city guys and gals

#7 11 years ago

Im glad of the venue change. Its in the city, and the city never gets pinball events. So we city-dwellers for once wont have to fight 50 minutes of traffic if we even have a car...

Its your turn.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Keep in mind thats the digital print pf and not a screened one. So it might look dull and less vibrant.

#10 11 years ago

For what it's worth, I checked with Jim (manager) from GameWorks. They will have a X-Men in the next week or so. I am a bit surprised GW is not having the launch party although it's not all bad to have another venue in the Chicagoland area. A wee bit of competition is not all that bad.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from temlog:

For what it's worth, I checked with Jim (manager) from GameWorks. They will have a X-Men in the next week or so. I am a bit surprised GW is not having the launch party although it's not all bad to have another venue in the Chicagoland area. A wee bit of competition is not all that bad.

One should have walked threw the front door today.

#12 11 years ago

I'm all for it. There are other places besides Gameworks to get out play some pin. Would be nice to get some of these other places some traffic and exposure they might not otherwise get.

Rob

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Looks like the map needs updating..

Doh. Thanks for the reminder. Done.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-x-men-launch-party-in-chicagoland-is-at-emporium-good-or-bad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.