(Topic ID: 169533)

Chicago Trip: Best places to see? Stern Visit?

By MnHotRod

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by scottslash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

stern (resized).png
    museum-science-industry (resized).png
    chicago-cruise (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

My bride wants to make a trip to Chicago this weekend. The first thing I asked was "Can we visit Stern?". I'm guessing it will be difficult to get a tour of the facility on the weekend. If anyone has recommendations, we could use some assistance getting in on a tour.

We're also looking for other fun things to do with the family while we are there. My bride mentioned a boat tour of the city. The Museum of Science and Industry looks cool as well.

What's cool? What's not?

Hitting the road shortly. Will check back when we arrive in Chicago.

stern (resized).png
    museum-science-industry (resized).png
    chicago-cruise (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

I've been making an annual Chicago trip with my dad to see a hawks game for a number of years now and I love the city. Not sure what the age of your family is but there is no shortage of things to do. Check out the city pass if you haven't yet:

http://www.citypass.com/chicago

All the attractions on there are worth hitting up in my opinion. If your a sports fan checking to see if the Bears, Cubs or sox are in town is worth the effort. Wrigley is truly a gem of a park and Soilder field offers a tour on off days that is worth doing if you're headed to the Shedd, museum or planetarium.

You have to stop by Cloud Gate and walk Navy Pier if the weather is nice and a river tour is great too. Make time for Garett's Popcorn if you're a fan of sweet and savoury and if you have girls the right age you will have a hard time not stopping at the American Girl store. Walking Michigan Ave even if you aren't a shopper is fun just to people watch.

I can appreciate all of these suggestions are really obvious 'touristy' things to do and are really low hanging fruit as far as making recommendations but Ive enjoyed them all over the years. I'm due back in a month to the day actually and will be taking in a show (thinking about doing the cheers show that is running) and a hawks game and with any luck at all at least 4 new restaurants we haven't hit before because the food is one of the best things about the city. I love it.

#3 3 years ago

Judging by all the license plates I see... Wisconsin is the best place to see if you are from Chicago.

#4 3 years ago

roar's "low hanging fruit" is true. Read his post.

MSI is a must see. (Plan on at least 5 hours)

River Architectural Tour is awesome.

If you can get into Wrigley during the Cardinal series, go and be a part of history!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 210.00
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside