5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,960 posts
  • 456 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by floyd1977
  • Topic is favorited by 297 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Was sharpshooter 1 a wide body ?

Nope.

1 week later
#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

I'm sure there are good deals some of the time on these, just not this pro for 5000

Look at the photos. That's not a pro, it's a monster premium.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Even if it looked like it just came out of the box, you would be hard pressed to get $1700 for it. That's a $600 game at best.

Cosigned. I wouldn't pay $1k for a NIB X-Files, unless I thought I could sell it for a profit.

4 weeks later
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If it does not sell by then, well, maybe I will just store it some place.

Free climate-controlled storage in West Dundee!

#386 5 years ago

My issue is I don't have a Blackout.

#390 5 years ago

I'm a Blackout snob. They pretty much all have semi-flaky backglasses and worn playfields. Great game, regardless. If I ever find a super nice one, I'm all over it.

#402 5 years ago

Yeah, a CPR playfield / plastics / backglass package would be awesome. Prices for unrestored Blackouts would double overnight. Maybe I should pick up a beater now just to be safe.

#405 5 years ago

Yup. Sorry, I'm holding out for one with no wear, cupping, etc. Which probably means I'm waiting for a CPR repro.

1 year later
#1797 4 years ago

George Gomez confirmed last night on the Dead Flip stream, new Avengers code is coming. 10k by xmas!

3 weeks later
#1839 4 years ago

Looking to trade my HUO Tron LE for an original Medieval Madness in nice condition. No interest in trading for an MMR (I might buy one NIB, just don't want to trade Tron LE for it).

1 month later
#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Anyone have a set of Stern pro side rails laying around they no longer need?

I have a set that I pulled off my IMVE immediately after unboxing it. Game was never played with them installed, basically new. $20 if you feel like driving to West Dundee.

1 month later
#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one see the gorgeous flash gordon on CL this morning? wow.

Probably still a decent price even after spending a couple hundred bucks to remove the "gold."

1 month later
#2341 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

am I the only hoping that the chic in the my little pony costume has a back door easy access ass flap on that costume?

Wow.

1 week later
#2369 3 years ago

Anybody want a HUO Tron LE? $10k firm, no PayPal, no trades. Metallic orange armor with matching apron & pingulp, arcade mod, custom audio crossover board in head, upgraded subwoofer, tournament button, white rubber, Pinball Life perfect play flipper rubber. Over 1k plays but still in great shape due to Cliffy scoop, inlanes & shooter lane, strategic mylar, pincab protectors. Too lazy for photos right now, but locals are more than welcome to come see and play it.

Edit: sold to a non-Pinsider friend of a friend.

4 weeks later
#2568 3 years ago

Guys, guys. They both suck.

5 months later
#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

In my opinion WPT has the best color dots of any game!

I wonder why.

5 months later
#3964 2 years ago

Coworker is looking for a budget pin for his mom's house, for the grandkids to play. Title and cosmetic condition not too important. Must be working solid 100%, because he's not a pinball guy and I don't want to drive to Lemont to fix it.

Too bad he didn't tell me last week, because I sold a Disco Fever for $400 on Saturday.

#3974 2 years ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

(located in Racine, ~45 minutes from Chicago - Hope it's ok to post here)

Definitely close enough! Welcome.

1 week later
#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Was that the one with the big electronic infotainment screen in the middle?

Yes! Heavy on info, light on 'tainment. My parents had an '87 Riviera when I hit driving age. That screen is burned into my memory. Seemed pretty futuristic at the time.

5 months later
#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

All machines listed are sold. Thanks.

See you in six months!

1 month later
#4972 2 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Selling Super nice JM. blue powder coat, unfaded, amazing shape. will take pictures and list end of the week.

Don't tempt me! Interested in a GB Pro?

#5007 2 years ago

All manufacturers suck! Everyone should just give that garbage to me.

#5027 2 years ago

I'm taking Flip a Card to Expo for free play & sale. Average condition. Dunno how much yet. Just throwing it out there in case someone's interested.

Also selling a HUO GB Pro with Pinball Metal white armor kit, as soon as I get off my lazy butt and list it. Can deliver to Expo or Pinball Life for anyone traveling to the show.

#5061 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Some of us watched the awesome block of Transformer, Gi Joe, Voltron and Pink Panther/rocky and bullwinkle.

I watched Transformers religiously and loved the toys, which is why I'll never own the pin with its garbage pile robots from the movies. Vault edition with first generation art, voices & music would be awesome.

1 week later
#5084 2 years ago

I ain't afraid of no insert ghosting. Because it doesn't have any.

Archived after 42 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “I live about a mile off the highway between Expo and Pinball Life. Walkout basement for easy load-out. You can arrange to stop by my house during Expo week. But please don't cut in...”
2017-10-10
West Dundee, IL
5,000 (Firm)

3 weeks later
#5160 2 years ago

It was a test. You passed.

1 month later
#5340 2 years ago

This doesnt look shopped to me. It looks like some one plopped a bunch of one color leds in it (which looks terrible) and didnt bother to clean the area around the flippers or trough. That is not worth $1300.

Garage door adds $500.

#5355 2 years ago

Sold my Flip a Card at Expo for $500. Buyer immediately put a higher price tag on it. Don’t know if he got it, don’t care. If I sold it too cheap, more power to him.

#5375 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Great Pokerino for sale. $700. 4 flippers of poker fun. Pm me if you want it. I'll be around this weekend.

PM sent.

#5383 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Go good with Disco Fever!

Already gone. One of my wife's colleague's kids fell in love with the banana flippers, oddly enough, and they wanted a cheap basement game.

1 month later
#5604 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Have this thing for sale in anyone is interested.

Argh, wish I had the room! So simple, but so addictive & fun. Well worth $300 if anyone has a square space that won't fit a pin.

#5634 1 year ago

My friend in Michigan (near VFW show) is considering selling his HUO BF. Probably the nicest one you will ever see.

#5641 1 year ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Still looking to sell truckstop
1500?

You should run a blizzard special, today only, just to see if anyone's crazy enough to brave this weather for a Truck Stop.

#5649 1 year ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

We’re crazy enough to drive to your house for league

Too easy! Roads are a thousand times better today.

2 weeks later
#5726 1 year ago

I bet you're fun at parties.

1 week later
#5745 1 year ago

Beautiful game. Not enough nice woodrails for sale in this thread.

2 months later
#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

I have a King Pin in the market price reduced. $850.00

Who ended up with the prototype Volley?

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

The one at MGC? That was mine , sold to a friend. I did not k ow it was a prototype. What differances are there? Thank you.

Nevermind, I thought you grabbed the one off Craigslist a couple weeks ago.

#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Scott's TNA whitewood still works since they did not make any changes that would totally break the original. It does have a different machine config since the wiring is different, but otherwise it can run current code.

Not quite! TNA prototype and whitewood each require code alterations due to different wiring. So every time there's new TNA code, Scott has to make three versions. You know, in case he wasn't working hard enough already.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#6140 1 year ago

It's not on facebook or youtube. Maybe your network is blocking anything with "game" in the URL. My old office used to do that.

Anyway, the list is hundreds of lines long (with descriptions). I'll let someone else post that beast.

1 month later
#6218 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

I have a project Sinbad $495.00

Someone rescue this bad boy! One of the best games of all time.

4 weeks later
#6367 1 year ago

Old people get excited when they can hear things.

1 week later
#6388 1 year ago

You, yes YOU can be the proud owner of the only game with the Silver Surfer humping a pinball machine on the backglass.

Archived after 8 days
Sold for $ 1,700
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “I'd rather sell it all, so a full package buyer gets preference over someone interested in only the game. Works 100%. Rock solid Alltek MPU board in place of the original Bally CP...”
2018-09-17
West Dundee, IL
1,700 (Firm)

#6394 1 year ago

Can't keep 'em all.

Archived after 2 days
Sold for $ 4,900
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Stern Star Trek Pro with Aurich alternate art package and lots of mods. Here's everything I can think of: Aurich translite (original translite included) Aurich speaker panel decal...”
2018-09-21
West Dundee, IL
4,900 (OBO)

#6396 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Can't keep 'em all.

Star Trek sold! ...to an awesome buyer. Pinside fee paid.

#6398 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

You, yes YOU can be the proud owner of the only game with the Silver Surfer humping a pinball machine on the backglass.

Silverball Mania sold! Thanks to all who inquired. Can't wait to see how the buyer's restoration turns out.

#6401 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I find it fascinating how some games get jumped on, while other good games sit and sit. Is it price point? Desirability? Vaults flooding the market? I can certainly see the draw of a sweet Bally compared to a newer Stern, but it's interesting.

Btw - not trying to make a dig at you or your sales, it was just the most recent to quote.

No offense taken. I sold a newer Stern and an old Bally on back to back days, both for full asking price. Dunno if anything in particular made them sell so fast. I just try to hit the sweet spot between priced fairly & priced to move. Once I decide to sell a game I’d rather potentially leave a few bucks on the table than deal with tire kickers & hagglers for weeks. Time (and hassle) is money.

3 months later
#6802 11 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

if you had a restored game by someone like hep or other high end restorer would you ever consider putting radcals on it?

Never. I'd only consider those as a quick & easy way to cover a bad cabinet for someone unwilling to redecal / restore.

2 weeks later
#6876 10 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

It's not just the flippers driving game costs up in the area, it is the old 'supply vs. demand' that does it in this market.

Yup. I know multiple collectors who owned few or zero games less than five years ago, and now have a dozen or more each. They generally start out buying new Sterns and the more popular WPC titles; now those guys have discovered early solid states. When they get around to EMs, the last bastion of affordable collecting is shot.

#6895 10 months ago
Quoted from valgalder:

It really is annoying.. I see all these posts from pinball friends that live in other areas in the country, constantly able to get reasonable pins rotating in and out of their collections and I just sit and watch.. and watch...and watch.. and pretty much give up. Unless you plan ahead and able to pick something up at Expo or MGC, I know the chances are too slim.

My best advice would be to just make a bunch of friends in the Chicago area. Go to monthly tournies at Brixie's, Pac-Man in Schaumburg (formerly Level 257), maybe join a league. Put yourself out there. The more collectors you know, the more inside info you'll get when a guy is tired of a game, considering selling, downsizing to move, trying to free up space/money for a new game, etc. Most of the used pins I've bought never hit any kind of open market. So much easier to sell to a friend than take a bunch of photos, make an ad, deal with tire-kickers & Craigslist flippers, or pay the Pinside fee (sorry Robin).

I know that's not exactly a short term solution, but it has awesome fringe benefits.

#6916 10 months ago

Sold my rock-solid players condition Magic for a couple hundred less than that 18 months ago, but you're right, that's a decent deal now. Even the less desirable classic Sterns are climbing fast. If you want one, buy it yesterday.

#6919 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and still loving it!

It's a great game. Still kinda mad at myself for selling it. How far away is Elkhart, again?

#6943 10 months ago

'sup gang, Chiberia is melting, let's move some games. Dunno know why it's featuring the shooter lane photo but I guess that's what people care about so let's roll with it.

Archived after 45 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Home use only MMR LE # 651 Playfield hand-picked from Stern assembly line High-res color ROM Shaker motor Translucent diffuser installed under playfield inserts Stainless steel arm...”
2019-02-04
West Dundee, IL

1 month later
#7108 9 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

For those in the Chicago area who want to get some time on Oktoberfest, you can stop by our offices next week, Monday through Wednesday from 5pm to 8pm to help us with testing the machine.

I'll try to pop in Tuesday on the way to Level 257 league.

#7133 9 months ago

Already have a Sinbad but I still want this one for no reason I can explain. Someone better jump on this before I get crazy.

1 week later
#7160 8 months ago

I've played that Luci. It is indeed minty fresh. Seller's a total prick, though.

j/k, RazerX is awesome, buy his game!

2 months later
#7376 6 months ago

Flicker is simple but super fun. Maybe the most satisfying captive ball shots ever.

1 week later
#7418 6 months ago

I would not lose sleep over paying a below-market asking price, nor would I feel bad about offering more than asking in an attempt to place myself above other buyers. It's only business. Be honest, but play to win.

#7419 6 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does the amount of money involved matter? For example, would the situation be different in your eyes if someone at a garage sale was selling a vase for $20 that was actually worth $200,000? Let's assume you were an expert on 15th century ceramics, and you immediately realized how valuable the vase was. Would it be unethical to pay $20 for it without disclosing the true value to the seller?

I would sleep like a baby on a pillow stuffed with benjamins.

#7430 6 months ago

It's always a Pinbot.

2 weeks later
#7502 5 months ago

I don't know what you guys' time is worth, but if someone offered me $500 to drive to STL, load a game, and drive back, I'd probably pass and enjoy my day off instead.

1 week later
#7551 5 months ago

Wow, that's a steal for a restored, immaculate (minus backglass) rare game. Buy it before I do!

1 week later
#7598 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Will be listing a Black Knight LE with maybe a few dozen plays on it.

You gotta knock off my GC first!

#7603 4 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Try as I might, I was never able to take down his GC score on my GoT LE, so I did the only thing that I could do and sold the game.

New code took care of that. Any GC under 5 billion is a joke now.

#7616 4 months ago

I played a few games on the new code last night and could only manage 2 billion, so I'm not one to talk. Granted, it was right after a 21-year-old's birthday bar party, so I may have been impaired.

#7645 4 months ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

Can anyone play?

Yup! No prior registration required. Just show up to any IFPA tourney and the TD submits names & results. IFPA website will update your ranking as you continue to play events.

#7657 4 months ago

Great game and even better dude. Someone buy this so I don't! Gotta save space for JP2.

2 months later
#7811 66 days ago

Well, thanks to gweempose I am now looking for reasonably priced ACNC in the area.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah he did the same to me. Teased me with the rather impressive gameplay and sub sound and soon I too was a believer. He’s a bad influence! Lol

Admit it, you guys guys were just in awe of his shiny new CPA trophy.

#7814 66 days ago
Quoted from Scribble:

I still need to get his damn high score off of Sinbad before I get rid of it.

Get... rid... of Sinbad?

1 month later
#7921 14 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Won’t lie..... I brought this game in Today and let’s just say (no joke) my granddaughter is Still crying!!! Lol.

I dig this game and would love to buy it, but can't for the same reason! Well, son instead of granddaughter, but y'know. Super satisfying to bash that moving clown target. Some friends and I played it for a couple hours straight at ReplayFX.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.95
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10,999.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
LightAndTimeArt
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 3.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside