5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,827 posts
  • 447 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 292 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6457 12 months ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

You mean you didnt offer $2500 to come get it? Thats what usually happens to me.

I offered more but was denied....

#6459 12 months ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

People like you suck. Glad they denied you.

In the Chicago market, if you don't offer more, someone else will. Vicious sharks circle Chicago Craigslist.

#6461 12 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

I won't. That's a shitty thing to do.

it is, and I have been shitted on myself.

I have driven an hour to a game to find out 'I sold it to some one else who gave me xxxx more'.
Seller couldn't have called or texted me instead of wasting my time and gas? Also have had many a sale on CL go to " I had someone offer $xxxxx, do you want it for that much?''

Having sold on CL it's the same way.....

Vultures I tell ya, Vultures....

2 weeks later
#6530 11 months ago

Just in case any locals are interested. Trades would be ok too- I like Williams games....

Archived after 41 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Other - For Trade
“You are seeing this game as I am seeing it- disassembled. I have not done anything with it. I picked it up and moved it to my garage where it now sits. Game appears complete. 3 ba...”
2018-11-04
Montgomery, IL
Trade

1 month later
#6728 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Btw Rick did get her stellar wars working again. Those guys are FLOODING craigslist with pins, vids and dart boards. At what point are you not just a hobbyist but a real business? Do they even have a business license?

Good for Rick and good for the buyer.

1 month later
#6816 9 months ago
Quoted from sugarhillabe:

Wife finally broke down and said I could get game #2. Looking for one of the following:
Metallica Pro
Metallica Premium (Monster)
Houdini
Medieval Madness Remake
The Shadow
If you have one of these and are looking to sell, let me know.

pm sent

2 weeks later
#6867 8 months ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Chief Shuffle Alley
$100 or trade for??? if anyone wants this. It powers up and plays but not all switches work . It's located in Cudahy, WI.
Bill
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/9#post-4787154
post #420

I have this game set up in my parents basement. $100 is about right. I picked mine up 15 years ago for the cost gas to pick it up.

#6869 8 months ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Picked up a Batman Forever yesterday thus far noting getting into it. Pretty sure I'll be listing to trade.

was that the one in Sugar Grove?

#6873 8 months ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Hate to kinda lurk a lot these days and then come in here all mopey, but Im feeling really down lately about pinball collecting as a hobby. Iv had pretty much the same lineup for almost a year and a half, but there just isn't much out there these days unless I want to pay out my nose. Ill jump in this thread every other week to check out whats available, and its just pages and pages with maybe one or two things for sale. Same with the marketplace, if you ignore GAP there are really only a couple listings at any given time.
Just makes me kinda sad about it because I used to have such enthusiasm for collecting and I don't know if the hobby got too big, or if Chicago is just a tough location. I just don't see myself being able to buy anything anymore. /end sad rant

Definitely a tough market. Seems like there are just a *lot* of pinheads in the area- both collectors and flippers. It's not just the flippers driving game costs up in the area, it is the old 'supply vs. demand' that does it in this market.

When looking for games for good prices/good deals, you have to think outside of the box to find them. They are still out there, just more work is put into finding them.

#6900 8 months ago
Quoted from valgalder:

It really is annoying.. I see all these posts from pinball friends that live in other areas in the country, constantly able to get reasonable pins rotating in and out of their collections and I just sit and watch.. and watch...and watch.. and pretty much give up. Unless you plan ahead and able to pick something up at Expo or MGC, I know the chances are too slim.

Is there a specific game you are looking for?

2 weeks later
#6997 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats a fair statement but in 100% honesty this was a game I mistakenly sold some years ago and she never let me forget it as it was her favorite addiction. Just loves that loop champion thing.

I was just talking to Lyman 2 weeks ago. I was telling him at my first Pinball Expo back in 1997 or 98, I remember him playing on Dr Who with Josh Sharpe and watching Lyman do that loop over and over effortlessly. I think I walked away after about 30 loops.....

1 week later
#7047 7 months ago
Quoted from jho159:

Machine - For Trade
Star Trek: The Next GenerationUsed - shows wear but 100% working and clean “STTNG proto/sample for sale. Screened cabinet, proto roms, red boards under pf, etc. Game is in excellent condition and works as it should.”
2 hours ago Peotone, IL
Trade
jho159

Price drop. $5500 O.B.O. Trades welcome

PM sent

1 month later
#7221 6 months ago

Do it and buy the glass so we don't have to see that ad anymore!

#7250 5 months ago

Looking for a players condition/faded condition/fish insert wear FishTales in Chicago area. Also like 50's-60's project Williams Em's…..

1 week later
#7258 5 months ago

Still looking for a players condition Fish Tales (cabinet fade is ok, and some fish insert wear will be acceptable)- prefer Chicagoland area but willing to drive a couple hours...…

Also any Williams EM/woodrail project games in area?

#7266 5 months ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

I picked up a few players machines Monday, and non of them are keepers for me since I either already have them, or just not one that I wanted in my collection.
If anyone has a nice Indiana Jones or twilight Zone, that is interested in working out some kind of trade, let me know. Plus or minus cash, 2 for 1, who knows, just get with me if you have nice examples. Might be interested in others, but these two are top of the list for me, so if you have interesting trades, you can always hit me up. Being a "flipper", lol, I often have customers for titles that I might not want for myself.
Now the ones that I just got in are straight from an operator, so they are currently players machines, unshopped, etc, exactly what you would expect just off of location. faded, etc. Im still going through them, so before a deal would be done, id verify what I have
2x World Cup Soccers (yes two of the, lol)
Bram Strokers Dracula
Fishtales
Demolition Man
Star Trek Next Gen
Austin Powers
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Scared Stiff (probably gonna keep this one though)
Im in Decatur Illinois

PM sent

4 weeks later
#7333 4 months ago

Still looking for a players Williams Fish Tales (cabinet fade, fish insert wear, etc).

EM projects also enjoyed.

#7380 4 months ago
Quoted from Slips:

So is it a common thing to offer more than what an item is listed for?

yes

#7399 4 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You guys are really into POTC huh?

Its a fun game. When I have people over to play, it is always very popular. Theme everyone knows, not overly tough for the novice. Kids love it too

#7409 4 months ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Yes. This morning I offered the guy significantly more than his asking price, and he jumped at that and agreed to sell them to me. I couldn't pick them up today, however.
I was working on a pickup date and time with him when he suddenly stopped returning my texts. Tonight he finally told me he sold them to someone else.
I'm not sure if someone offered more money or if he sold them for less because he wanted them gone tonight. Either way it was a dick move.

So you offered more to bump someone else, but are pissed because someone did it to you?

#7428 4 months ago

I lived downstate Illinois over 20 years ago. I was contacted by a lady thru MrPinball and asked if I was interested in a Pinbot. I came by to check it out and she flat out told me she'd sell it to me for $50 to spite her husband because she just found out he was cheating on her.

Seller knew it was worth more, but offered it for much less. I knew it was worth more, but seller had set price in her head. Should I have no said no, you should take more? Should I have Just passed? Should I have given her the $50?

I gave her the $50.....

#7442 4 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Alright, back to regularly scheduled program.
Who is selling me a shadow? I want one. Sell me one please.

http://mwpinball.com/pinball-machines-for-sale/

#7443 4 months ago

kklank was this the one you just moved?
chicago.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#7508 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't know what you guys' time is worth, but if someone offered me $500 to drive to STL, load a game, and drive back, I'd probably pass and enjoy my day off instead.

I agree with this statement 100%. The time spent is not worth it.

1 month later
#7688 69 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no fade original cabinet? Didn't think that existed.

They exist- I've got a HUO one with zero fade as well

1 month later
#7757 34 days ago

Anyone interested in a project woodrail in far west burbs?

1955 Gottlieb Gypsy Queen. Complete. $250.

Added 21 days ago:

Sold

#7758 34 days ago
Quoted from Slips:

I think this is that flipper guy in Naperville, but is this fish tales a good deal? I've been keeping my eye out for one.
chicago.craigslist.org link

You'd need to see other side of cabinet- fading is really common for this game. Also playfield close ups- the Fish section just above flippers looks like a lot of wear on it- prolly due to raised inserts.

#7761 34 days ago
Quoted from Slips:

What’s a fair price for a fish tales with some cabinet fade just so I know for the future?

Depending on the playfield- $2700-2800. That's if the PF is nice. Less if it isn't. You can get nice reproduction cabinet decals. CPR did a run on PF's a while ago- not sure if any are around.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
€ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 239.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
$ 109.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside