FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

258 posts in this topic match your search for posts by toyotaboy. You are on page 1 of 2.
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Craigslist in Chicago has turned into a race between retail flippers which in turn jacks up prices

That's putting it lightly. Love this post! Still finishing up a couple projects, but will have a couple I'll be looking to sell/trade in the next month.

1 week later
#69 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

FYI went to check to $300 flash out on CL in shorewood today... Waste of time.. Mold... Not worth 50 bucks... Hopefully this will save somebody a trip...

Judging by photos in the most recent listing for $250, and using words like "parts machine", I don't doubt the flash in shore wood is a turd. If I was closer I might pull the trigger at $150.. Hell I have nearly that much saved up in my change jar.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a Farfalla that I might be willing to trade for the right System 11.

Oh man you can't get rid of that, it's a rare GEM!

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

That nasty flash is now on an eBay auction for $100 more than the list on CL

This is the only one showing up:
ebay.com link: Flash Pinball machine by williams

He also has it on CL:
chicago.craigslist.org link

I don't think that's the same one, the moldy one on CL was from shorewood I believe. I still wouldn't buy it, that princearcades guy floods chicago CL with arcade ads with pinball keyword.

#171 9 years ago

Ah, so princearcades is also a flipper (no way he had time to do any cleaning). I question anyone that thinks making $100 is worth driving somewhere to pickup a pinball.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Right now, I have my radar out for a Fire! in decent condition

Look to spend between $1-2k depending on condition and whether or not it's a champagne edition. I know arcade adventures had a champagne edition at some point, I thin he was asking $2200?

Might have a chance if you network with some firefighters, a lot of them have them.

1 week later
#196 9 years ago

Why does terry have pins in his shop that aren't his? Is he storing pins for hobbyists that are out of space, or is he a middleman for selling them off?

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Sounds like you are upset by this yet I have no idea why!

Quoted from TomGWI:

gweempose said:

What makes you think he was upset? It sounded to me like he was just curious.

Good point.

Yea, just curious. I'm in his shop probably once a month or more for parts. If I knew some of the pins were for sale on a regular basis, I'd check them out more regularly. I usually give him a shopping list, so I'm literally walking into his office, handing over the cash, and picking up my box-o-crap.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Usually when I'm down there I will spend an hour or so and just chat with Terry and Mike

Oh don't get me wrong, if Terry isn't busy with customers or their orders, he'll talk my ear off and I love every minute of it. I guess I just try to stay out of the way because I feel so blessed to have a pinball parts supplier so close by.

#230 9 years ago

speaking of PBL, this is new:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=370&pg=1

I saw terry with a 3d printed solenoid at MGC

#239 9 years ago

Free pinball in palatine
image.jpgimage.jpg

#242 9 years ago

So a beat-up xfiles is worth $1700 now? Wow, I hope the buyer knows what he's getting into
ebay.com link: itm

350.jpg350.jpg
353.jpg353.jpg
366.jpg366.jpg

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that has to be shilled. There is no way that went for $1700. That's a $600 game at best.

shilled how? ebay is a legal contract, not like the seller is going to be like "Oh sure, i'll just take $600..
Unless he had a friend up-bid it and was expecting others to continue bidding, or was he purposing making a high sale to inflate prices for upcoming auctions? Not sure that was worth the $42 ebay fee.

#253 9 years ago

someone in milwaukee is selling a Stern Hypnox backglass (only 2 whitewood were ever produced):
ebay.com link: SUPER RARE ONE OF A KIND HYPNOX STERN SEEBURG BACKGLASS EXCELLENT CONDITION L K
hypnox_backglass.jpghypnox_backglass.jpg

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!! What went in the white areas?

Hard to say since the machine was never produced, but I would imagine this was Stern's attempt to steal the thunder of Bally Space invaders, so it probably had a 2nd layer underneath with mirror and infinity lamps.
space_invaders_pinball_3[1].jpgspace_invaders_pinball_3[1].jpg

Stern had to pay royalties to Bally after they reverse engineered their boards, which is why they are interchangeable (just like the alltek replacement board)

#274 9 years ago

If it isn't someone complaining about someone else's ads, it's someone posting the same ad a dozen times in a row (you really think you're going to get any buyers by being annoying?)

then there's the guy in milwaukee that always starts out with "I used to work for williams and helped them design XXX pinball so looking for one now for my collection". I don't know how that little BS story has anything to do with swaying a seller

1 week later
#316 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the Lower ad is probably Terry

Actually I posted that to shut the idiot up that's trying to sell used glass for $29 I'd be happy to pickup glass for anyone that needs it.

#340 9 years ago

anyone see that $400 party animal in winetka at lunchtime? Not exactly a popular title, but still a decent playing pre-system 11 bally

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Is this still available?

doubt it, ad was up for maybe an hour before it got flagged. Oddly the woman had a phone number and address in the ad.

#363 9 years ago

You fools, he warned you about the fourth of july sale, and you waited too long.
The used glass panes are back up to $34 now!

1 week later
#375 9 years ago

Theres a fire! in Milwaukee for $1500, I think someone here was looking for one:
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Saturday, July 19, 9 PM - 2 AM (later hours due to private party rental)

Indeed

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyway, I'm looking for a finished arcade cocktail cabinet (minus the hardware)

Contact Arcade adventures in crystal lake, he's got a warehouse full of arcades (some that end up getting gutted for parts).
http://www.arcadeadventures.com

I bought a nice golden tee cabinet for $100 from him for a Mame system, he may have a cocktail cabinet he'd be willing to let go.

3 weeks later
#512 9 years ago

There's quite a few facebook pages like this, I also belong to the "pinball enthusiasts" facebook page and the "midwest pinball and arcade collectors" page.

Also good for a laugh, the "fans of bryan kelly" page

#514 9 years ago

I'm parting out a 1978 Stern - Memory Lane
What started as a re-theme has turned into completely changing the guts that run my project. All parts worked before I dis-assembled. All boards clean with no burns or jumpers. I am selling the following:
4 original displays (no segments out), $30 each
One barely used pinscore PS-BLY6 display $35
Lamp matrix board $35
Solenoid driver board $40
Transformer + rectifier board $100 OBO
barely used Alltek CPU board $150
Stripped playfield (very little wear, PM me for pics) $25
Empty cabinet (has buttons, coin door, lockdown bar, side rails with backglass, legs not included, could be used for a virtual pin) Make offer

I would also trade parts for a mid 80's williams coin door, lockdown mechanism and lockbar. Would prefer local, but can ship.
1a.jpg1a.jpg
2a.jpg2a.jpg3.jpg3.jpg4.jpg4.jpg5.jpg5.jpg6.jpg6.jpg7.jpg7.jpg8.jpg8.jpg

#526 9 years ago

Boy, anyone looking for a space shuttle or some parts? 2 ads with good prices:

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

US Waterproofing gave me a ridiculously expensive estimate when I first moved in for a new sump and backup system

I too am not a fan of them. I had a crack in my foundation, so it was starting to leak. I could have easily drilled my own holes and bought an epoxy kit myself for $120, but figured $450 was worth it to make sure it got done right, and it was warrantied. Granted I haven't had any leaks, they did a crappy job. They slapped so much coating in the corner that when I decide to finish my basement I'm going to have to either install studs a good 2-3 inches away from the wall, or I'm going to have to chisel some of the coating away.

1 week later
#577 9 years ago

OMG! The niles guy finally caved $200 down after 3 years!

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Said he wouldn't consider a penny less than $3000 for his routed out T2

he is now:

Still too much, but at least he's cracking

#594 9 years ago

The other guy's ad is still up. Even if it were the same one, It'd probably be worth the $300 for LED, new rubber, cleaning, and making sure everything works. Funny how it was impossible to find one a year ago when I was looking, now they seem to be everywhere.

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

At that rate he may sell them in 18-21 years!

I think he's going to be one of these guys that holds onto them until he dies. I've never been to his place, but I would assume if the pinballs are in crappy shape, they aren't making money. So how does he pay for his space?

#623 9 years ago

arcade coming to warrenville:
http://www.mainevent.com/locations/warrenville-il

Looks like gameworks meets bowling alley meets lasertag, doesn't seem to be any pinball coming either

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Maybe a Rollergames, Big Guns,

I played rollergames at MGC this year for the first time, really didn't like it. Felt like the back was way too covered, didn't like the shots. Possibly the only steve ritchie title I don't like.

Big guns isn't terrible, the guns shooting are neat. It does have a GIGANTIC backbox.

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to have to sell something. You interested in anything in my collection?

Don't suppose the congo is up for grabs?

#637 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Got six grand burning a hole in your pocket?

Um no, but it is a SWEET looking congo you have, I won't deny that

1 week later
#658 9 years ago

I don't know if this is the right place to put this (but I didn't want to start a new thread), ran across this page that has some archived photos of the now closed Galaxy World in carol stream:
http://www.clancysarcade.com/galaxy-world-02292012

1 week later
#697 9 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

has anyone personally had any dealings with Mark Battaglia?

No, but all his pins on ebay are overpriced:
ebay.com link: mjb21120

He's also the guy that used to be the partner that ran the defunct "no fear" arcade in algonquin

#701 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

"No Limit"? I thought the ladder,

Typo.. no limit:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/no-limit-arcade-algonquin

His arcade started with 10 pins, then one by one his partner was selling them off, part of the reason they went out of business. Their business license was for an arcade, but they were selling machines on the side which is a separate retail business. Seemed like they were selling off the pins because they had no idea how to repair them. The inflated prices are mostly because he pays a tech to work on them, so he's passing that cost on.

#716 9 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

is anything over $2K too much for a DE Simpsons, regardless of work done/ conditon?

If you plan to keep it forever no. If you plan to sell it in a year, guaranteed loss. It's a shallow pin with repetitive soundbites from the 1st season. Unless you're a real diehard simpsons fan, I would be cautious about paying that much.

#731 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Is this competing with JPOP or in collaboration

Alice in wonderland is an open license, and JPOP still has to complete his first 2 projects.

1 week later
#800 9 years ago

Ok this might take the cake.. The WTB ads aren't working so now we've moved to scare tactics? Oh man, I better sell my pinball machines quick, they're affecting my health!
pinball_health_hazard.pngpinball_health_hazard.png

Whoever this guy is, is a total scumbag. I say we all email him and ask him how quickly he can remove our hazardous machines

[email protected]

#805 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The original guy said newer pinball machines were lined with asbestos on the inside walls and were ticking time bombs and you better call to have someone come remove them. I got a good laugh out of it........

Location shows maywood, which is just southeast of melrose park. Maybe he should go picket Stern's factory with a sign "stop polluting the earth with pinball"

1 week later
#842 9 years ago

I posted on CL, but figured I should post here too. If anyone has any of these titles they wouldn't mind letting go, send me a PM:
Apollo13
CSI
Congo
Space station

#854 9 years ago

Have a family friend that's selling a gottlieb sky jump.
The good:
Backglass is immaculate except for minor flaking in the lettering
The mechanics in the cabinet and backbox are immaculate (I think it's been in a home for the last 30-35 years)

Bad:
Everything works except a GI issue in the backbox that I'm going to fix.
Playfield has some wear, was thinking about touching it up and clearing it

If anyone might be interested, PM me.

1 week later
#861 9 years ago

>>FREE<< Stern - memory lane backglass. Has some flaking. I don't care if you own the machine, if you want to glue this to your ceiling, have at it. I just don't want to toss this if someone can use it. Local pickup only.
memory_lane_backglass.jpgmemory_lane_backglass.jpg

1 month later
#971 9 years ago

Knowing Steve's theme for his collection, I would say yes... though why get rid of freddy?

#981 9 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

If I wasn't about to go spend unexpected money on a new pin-hauler tonight

Dam that sucks, nice pin hauler too. glad your ok.

Quoted from Timerider:

(1st time airbag virgin no-more)

Welcome to the club. I got t-boned in a civic back in 2001, not fun.

1 week later
#1000 9 years ago

Level 257 (namco restaurant/arcade/bowling) in woodfield mall is opening early next year. This article states that they WILL have pinball:
http://chicago.eater.com/2014/12/17/7408691/level-257-schaumburg-pac-man-january

Threw a placeholder up until they open
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/level-257-schaumburg-il

2 months later
#1083 9 years ago

Level 257 sneak peek tonight. Call them to make a reservation: 847-805-0257

#1128 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm likely going to post my RG for sale in the next few weeks. Just not playing it and need the room.

Dam, I thought that was a keeper based on your history with that game. So many pinballs, so little room

2 weeks later
#1185 9 years ago
Quoted from msteinmetz13:

Anyone have an Elvis for sale?

There's one at pinball life, I think the asking price is $3500?

1 week later
#1227 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Anyone got a Big Hurt they want to sell? I missed the one the other day...argh

i think i know who snagged that up

#1236 8 years ago

This is an unfortunate scenario I wish had not panned out like this. Dealing on CL is such a PITA, I wish we could have just done it on here, which would have given me the chance to vet you and see that you are in the community. I have removed all my posts and requested others to delete the quotes as well. I didnt mean to cause any harm and officially apologize for any damage done. I understand if you need to go else where with your sale, no bad feelings. Dont even know if I could meet with you now face to face any ways, feel like a dick

Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I will reach out to Chitownpinball after work. I was a little put off obviously at first

you became "those guys"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8xksflsmcpmhsr/arcade_outsiders_strange_pinball_transaction.mp3?dl=0

1 week later
#1324 8 years ago
Quoted from gaberm1972:

Didn't Discs Of tron have a push pull spinner to aim your disc?

no, it was a common spinner, and you had the same TRON joystick for aiming and firing
CIMG2483[1].JPGCIMG2483[1].JPG

1 week later
#1363 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It might be time for you to drop Kitch a line and see about getting yourself an Escalera!

Route 12 rental in palatine rents the LECTROtruck, $40 for 4 hour or $65 for a whole day
http://www.route12rental.com

#1366 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I would be happy to rent one if I had someone around that knew what they were doing. My buddy and I tried 3 times with a slightly different model than the one showed and we couldn't do it

I've used the lectrotruck and an escalera, I think I prefer the lectrotruck. With the escalera, every step it has the tendency to lunge forward (which is scary, and takes muscle to resist it). Terry from PBL owns an escelara, and he once let a sega godzilla tumble down his stairs when he wasn't focused.
The lectrotruck basically just slides back and forth, so you tilt it back to raise it, then tilt it down so it can push against the next stair. One thing you have to be careful with is making sure you use the tie strap correctly. Because the whole unit moves, you have to make sure you don't strap it around the back. I used the lectrotruck by myself no issue (the buyer also had a bad back, but he just stood behind it to make sure I was lined up)

1 week later
#1398 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I ended up giving my rear projection set away. It was a 60" Sony XBR SXRD

Isn't that crazy? What once cost well over a grand, you can barely give away these days because people want light and thin. Of course if you have the space, nothing wrong with a rear projection.

Someday 42" LCD's will be worth very little, and you'll probably see a spawn of hobbyists building dirt cheap virtuapins.

#1400 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Believe it or not, I paid over $1,000 for my first portable DVD player. It was worth it, though

Oh the price we pay for cutting edge. I remember when flat screens were still pretty cutting edge around 2000, and a friend bought a 50" plasma for $5k. Like 2 years later that price came down in half.

1989-Tandy-cell-phone[1].jpg1989-Tandy-cell-phone[1].jpg

3 weeks later
#1506 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Might be putting my White Water up soon. Teasing with pics:

I can vouche that this is a beautiful white water that plays great.

1 month later
#1582 8 years ago

Sooo.. THE dwight sullivan is selling off 3 machines? sounds like they are all HUO (the test machine had the playfield refurbished before he took it home)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21868

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&ppl=Dwight%20Sullivan

#1597 8 years ago

Looking for any of these titles:
CSI
Congo
Space Station
Black knight 2000

3 weeks later
#1648 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I see you have I500 on your wishlist. Perhaps we can work out a Metallica/I500 trade

do it do it! You won't find a nicer I500 anywhere!

#1670 8 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Been debating about trading my White Water.

I can vouch, it plays great and looks great.

#1680 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Any Chicago people interested in a Big Hurt?

Know someone that's trying to sell one that's clearcoated and shopped out, and can't sell it at $1600.

#1682 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ya, I know its not a popular title

to the right baseball fan, it would sell.

3 weeks later
#1755 8 years ago

So I bought ten 6v white LED strips off ebay, 18" long each. They are aluminum (not rubbery), but easy to cut lengths. Since GI runs AC, I will include soldering in a small bridge rectifier to convert to DC power. My cost is $2.50 each, just looking to break even because I don't need ten of them. I prefer selling locally because I don't want to have to ship these. I can meet in person anywhere between pinball life and Buffalo Grove, or if you're at Expo or Terry's Pinexplosion on that friday I can bring them then. PM me if you're interested.
6v_strip1.jpg6v_strip1.jpg
6v_strip2.jpg6v_strip2.jpg
6v_strip3.jpg6v_strip3.jpg

1 month later
#1852 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I have a beautiful prototype one that once belonged to the programmer

there must be a bunch of those floating around. I know someone that bought the one that was at gameworks which was also a prototype.

1 week later
#1882 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Anyone have an XMLE they are looking to get rid of?

Looks like same guy, but he lists his phone number:
http://www.reachoo.com/ads/27552942

3 weeks later
#1954 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I fully intend to play that song during the teardown if I ever get one.

#1966 8 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Captain fantastic home model:

would that be the brown dirt cowboy?

2 weeks later
#2031 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

BK2K. HUO, collectors quality. Nicest one you will probably ever find. FS or trade. http://imgur.com/a/QmgRN

I see on facebook you want 5k. It's beautiful!

1 week later
#2054 8 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Is that even a pinball game???

technically it's a bat game
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3281

But this thread is a chicago trade seller club, I'd say anything goes in here

1 week later
#2129 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Anyone have or can tell me what lift channel I need for a 6803?

I believe you're looking for this:
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=03-8228-SETF

3 weeks later
#2238 8 years ago

anyone want to take a chance on this? Sounds like he's at the end of his craigslist rope

#2245 8 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Did anyone get this? I have been emailing him since Tuesday and have not heard from him

Looks like it's the same guy trying to sell a no good gofers for the past year for $4500

#2281 8 years ago

Love my apollo13, lots going on for its time. You hardly ever see them either

3 weeks later
#2390 8 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

I may be picky, but I didn't even make an offer. They became irate, I apologized, I left...Waste of my Sat night.

THEY got irate because you wouldn't buy their POS? I wouldn't even apologize. I'd be like "yeaaa.. nope! Gotta go"

#2426 8 years ago

Does anyone know a local(ish) distributor that might be interested in a trade + cash for a Ghost Busters Prem? I have a Star Trek Next Gen that's over-all pretty nice. I know trade + cash deals are a bit tricky sometimes but just putting it out there if anyone has any prior experience to share

GAP might
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

2 weeks later
#2571 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really liked AC/DC. WOZ, not so much.

didn't like woz, or didn't like repairing issues?

#2611 7 years ago

Any of you strapping men free Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning to potentially help get a pinball machine up some stairs in S. Barrington?

PM sent

1 week later
#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I spy with my little eye a HOU Metallica Premium for $5900. I win, PM me.

this sounds like a jedi mind trick.. it MIGHT just work

#2654 7 years ago

reposting this in case you're not on facebook. Seems Rob Berk (founder of Pinball expo) is starting up his own arcade and pinball expo show 6 weeks prior to Chicago expo in rosemont?

arcade_expo_rosemont_(resized).jpgarcade_expo_rosemont_(resized).jpg

#2708 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Chicago's CL wanted adds are really heating up these days...

yea it's really filling up fast.. my favorite is the "WTB ads are ripoffs"

#2713 7 years ago

good seller, bought an EATPM from him a couple years back.

#2737 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

played a Sega Outrun at MGC and thought it would be fun to add one to the room. Please let me know if you have one to sell (need stand up version).

I swore a saw a caberet on CL not long ago.. they are out there, I would KLOV.

2 weeks later
#2867 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

That BOP will be available for all of 10 minutes now with new play fields somewhat available.

it's still there. "players condition" for $2k is a little high, but not that far off

1 month later
#2998 7 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

yes this sounds like the same scam where the person got held up at gun point in Peoria il. a while back

everyone flag the crap out of it then

1 week later
#3039 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm with badbilly. I've never driven more than two hours one way for a pin, and I never plan to

4 hours is about my limit. Once drove to indianapolis and it was not fun. Figure average speed 60mph, 50 cents/mile, that's $260 round trip. Anything beyond that point is approaching shipping rate. Only reason to not do that is if the seller is unwilling to ship and you really want it that badly.

#3043 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

50 cents a mile? You driving a commercial Mack Truck?

that's typical reimbursement from work (I"m including gas and wear and tear on a vehicle)

#3069 7 years ago

really? can't we all just get along? It's making Chicago look really desperate and sad. Those people posting those ads really don't care about your replies. If they did, it would have an effect.

wtb_ripoff_(resized).jpgwtb_ripoff_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#3090 7 years ago

Huge shout-out to Trekie for the amazing help this weekend

Ken is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable people in the hobby

#3096 7 years ago

There are a lot of choices for solid state under $1k. You CAN buy an EM, but don't think that you have to

3 weeks later
#3202 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I really would prefer an annual "members fee" for pinside so Robin can generate the revenue to support the business model he is after rather than disrupt community activities. I would think most of pinside would pay $25 for an annual membership to the site (think Angies list in a way).

I think many would pay that (pretty sure I would). I mean that's $2/month. It would also keep out riff-raff, people creating dup accounts (even kaneda would run out of money). however, if you're new to the hobby, you may not be willing to and it could end up shrinking the hobby.

#3222 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

1st Tier FREE, no annual membership fee, browse, post, pictures, have a ball.

I would add to that, certain forum topics aren't accessible by free members.. Gotta give more of an incentive to pay than just being able to sell pinballs.

#3246 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Would love to see someone take a shot and start up a new site.

I don't know how you can run a site LIKE pinside for free?
Can someone upload a forum based on vbulletin to a cheap server? sure, but you're going to be stuck with the default plugins, and if you start getting a lot of traffic (pinside has 34,000 uers), your server is going to be getting hammered and load times will suck (even with a dedicated server, it's all about bandwidth). Dedicated servers aren't cheap, nor is bandwidth to that magnitude. There's "for the love of pinball", and then there's going broke trying to do so.

2 weeks later
#3379 7 years ago
Quoted from vegasplayer:

There were approximately a dozen or so pins and well over 100 vids set up at the show. The place was a ghost town on Saturday morning and basically had your choice of games at that time.

The exhibit hall had a ton of space, and that was was a refreshing change of pace.

I'm guessing the organizer of the show lost money then. Banquet halls rented, guest speakers booked, probably no rooms booked (I would think only local people would take a chance, not people out of town unless you're a vendor, poor attendance. I'd be curious if this is tried again next year.

#3425 7 years ago

Another suburban barcade bites the dust, tokens & tankards officially announces they are closing their doors on facebook

#3431 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Vince just opened T & T not too long ago (was it even a year?).

opening day was feb 21st. Not even 7 months. Yelp reviews seemed positive, but it sounded like they haven't been busy in recent months (comments about the place being empty).
https://www.yelp.com/biz/tokens-and-tankards-mount-prospect-2?search_key=69976

#3433 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It seems like it's very difficult for a place like this to survive out in the burbs.

Lincolnshire and mt prospect aren't exactly hopping suburb towns. If a place opened in downtown crystal lake it would probably survive.. Tons of bars, and they are all right by the train station. The tracks (great burger place) has a golden tee golf and a touch tunes. Those amusement devices wouldn't be in there if they weren't making money.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/bar/@42.2433461,-88.3193302,16.75z?hl=en

3 months later
#3818 7 years ago
Quoted from RJ23:

Who are the reputable sellers in the Chicagoland area? I don't know enough to buy off of CL so I doubt I would go that route. I want a machine that looks good and something that kids and adults would be happy playing

PM sent!

#3830 7 years ago

I will say this.. my first pin was a bally gator with a broken backglass (that sort of worked) for $150.. that was 5 years ago. Biggest reason I bought it was because I knew I was going to have to learn how to make my own repairs, and in my mind completely messing up a $150 pin was better than messing up a $500 pin.

Like Billy said, sounds like this guy wants a working machine off the bat (even though every pinball breaks). Budget will dictate what he gets.

4 weeks later
#3893 7 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Does anyone know why Headquarters in Lakeview changed to Replay?

website says closed, relocating:
http://www.hqbeercade.com

This article says there's an ongoing lawsuit between partners
http://chicago.eater.com/2016/11/1/13488794/headquarters-relocating-closing-lakeview-settlement

4 weeks later
#4034 7 years ago

Anyone got a Buick Riviera with a bad transmission sitting in their driveway for 3 years they want to part out for a pinball?

#4044 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I used to own one, with a bad tranny. rest of the car was actually really nice. It was an 87. Engine was really good as it was my grandmas car since it was new. If you are looking for parts, I know the junkyard I sold it to if you are looking for the engine. It was an 87 I think

I was piggybacking off the clown joke. Surely everyone has come across this ad in the past 3 years:

3 weeks later
#4208 6 years ago

Anyone with an escalara interested in making some side money moving a machine in the NW suburbs? Send a message if so

you buy more machines in chicago than anyone I know, and you don't even live here

4 weeks later
#4282 6 years ago

I would say super auctions should be tossed in there too. Remember the Niles collection where people backed out of their bids after they were lied to on condition? That widow is probably still chasing down that company for her money. That old dude should have posted realistic prices 5 years ago and got rid of all of it before he passed away.

1 month later
#4384 6 years ago

I don't think $1500 is terribly priced for a flash gordon if it's in decent shape. Doesn't come up for sale often, and when it does the playfield is usually trashed.

2 weeks later
#4442 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

But the big question is:
How much does Gavin charge?

His rates are right in line with most techs, except he works twice as fast. I believe he has a flat rate for travel plus first hour, then a lower rate for each additional hour.

1 month later
#4579 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you really think $800 is really that great of a deal for a game that now has 30k + plays on it?

CL ad was in lincolnshire, for all you know it could have been from the now defunct emporium that was there.. In that case, it would have had REALLY low plays, and $3500 would be a steal. I would bet the seller probably got offers higher than $3500. I don't know what world you live in neo, must be either wishfulthinkingville, or 2008.

#4617 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So who's the CL guy with the NGG that has to go TODAY for CASH?
Seems like he's got enough ads posted.

usually when someone is in a hurry, either something came up in their life (medical, car repair).. or it's stolen

2 weeks later
#4692 6 years ago

Selling my bk2k

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “Beautiful example of a black knight 2000. All mylar was removed by previous owner. Very few if any flaws on the playfield. Fully LED'd, no flaking on backglass, no issues with g...”
2017-08-02
Allyn, WA
2,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 106 days
Viewed: 755 times

3 weeks later
#4898 6 years ago

Pinball Life party in mid october info posted. I really like this format better. Thursday will likely just be out of towners picking up parts, Friday won't be as crowded if it's limited to 200 people, plus $15 cover charge will also limit it a bit more (but is still a great deal for the food and drink alone).

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=274&pg=1

13TH ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE!

During the Chicago Pinball Expo we will be holding our annual Open House.
This will be a two day event with a different format each day.

Thursday, October 12th from 10am-4pm
Free admission
Over 30 games on free play
Free non-alcoholic beverages
Free cold snacks
If you are more about having access to the machines and parts and don't like crowds, this is probably the day for you to attend. We expect this to be a low key, mellow day.

Friday, October 13th from noon-6pm
This is the day we bring the party!
This will be a charity event with all entry fees being donated to The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Admission $15
Official Total Nuclear Annihilation release party!
Over 30 games on free play
Free Pinball Olympic events
Limited free alcoholic beverages (3 drink maximum)
Free non-alcoholic beverages
Free hot lunch
We are issuing entry tickets simply to control the amount of people who attend, as over-crowding has been a concern for many who have attended in the past. A maximum of 200 tickets will be sold. 100% of the ticket cost will go to assist Team G (Bryan and Deb Kelly) in their continuing efforts to fight juvenile diabetes in support of their grandson, Gordon.

More info about this charity can be found here - http://www.jdrf.org/research

1 month later
#5131 6 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

I have a Revenge from Mars where the CRT no longer has a picture when booting up. Does anyone know someone that has experience repairing these old CRT monitors?

Is LCD not an option? You're supposed to be able to run higher resolution once you switch to LCD.

2 weeks later
#5187 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I see you have a Big House on your wishlist. Did you see the one for sale at Expo? I don't remember what they were asking for it, but it was in really nice condition.

thats mike's (psd4me)

1 week later
#5225 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Stern better be careful, the new guys have a very strong & loaded alternative product.

Stern has a lot of good competing companies fighting for that pinball pie. We saw Stern step it up a little bit when JJP was formed, and it seems like that scale has slowly been sliding back again over the years. I don't care what license they obtain, if games feel sparse and re-hashed from previous layouts (star wars is iron man ramps with star trek center drop target lock), you can only do that for so long before people start shopping elsewhere.

4 weeks later
#5354 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I once had a guy pick up a South Park from me for $1700, it was shopped and cleaned. I kid you not, 2 hours later is was on CL with MY pictures for $2250.

Quoted from aobrien5:

Guy that bought my JP for $2200 had it on CL in a week for $2800. He didnt do anything to it because it didnt need anything. Had the balls to talk me down $100 too.

Was he from rock island?

#5398 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I also like the Pinball Life PerfectPlay rubbers

me too, and I'm not biased. It's the best of both worlds.

#5412 6 years ago

yea $700 for a pretty decent flash isnt bad. at $500 it would be gone. its a nice filler game. guy looks like a big collector, probably just trying to make some room.

2 weeks later
#5480 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Anyone have a Congo they want to part with?

You shouldn't have sold yours

#5501 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they updated this one?

Yea, Chad has been updating a bunch of data east games:
http://www.pinballcode.com

#5524 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

EK is, as they say, the new hotness right now

I don't get it.. When I was like seven years old my dad bought me and my brother an evel knievel from an amusement reseller in chicago; so I have built in nostalgia. Played it a couple years ago, did nothing for me.

1 week later
#5555 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257

thanks for the heads up!

#5571 6 years ago

So I stopped in at level257 at 4:00 today.. pinball area was nearly empty for the first hour. About one game in on pirates one of the namco employees walks up to me, said everyone probably thought it was going to be busy so they stayed home. He asks how it plays and before we know it we're playing a dozen games in a row together. Other than TNA, and a little bit Dialed in I haven't felt that "one more game" feeling as much as this game (it's a shame I don't care for the theme). There are so many modes, so many hidden shots, so much practice to get up that left ramp. I asked him about the pins, and commented about how gameworks has been in decline for a long time. He said it's because they don't put in the work like they do to create relationships with the manufacturers initially. He says now they don't even ask, now games get dropped off without asking.

This prototype has at least one old ball in it. Namco guy thought maybe they didn't bring enough balls with so they had to borrow one from an oz. Perhaps they purposely put an old ball in to see how the playfield would hold up. The ramps look like they are still prototypes. Heads up, pirates is also only 50 cents per play. Found it interesting that if you win a free game, the code doesn't show the credit (but it's there).

#5591 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

TWD Pro for sale in Plymouth, WI.

Honest seller and easy to deal with. Wish it were a little lower, might be able to convince a friend to buy it.

#5618 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Anyone have a crane/claw machine working and for sale? Looking for a smaller size one maybe 24" wide and deep

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#5629 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballphil:

Looking for a Batman Forever

You could always overpay Mark Battaglia for his:

3 weeks later
#5723 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

5 Street Fighter 2s instead?

And all 5 should have clearcoated playfields, Cointaker LED's, colordmd display, alternate translite, and a chrome coin door.. And a pricetag of $5k on each of them.

#5742 6 years ago

"chicago expo" over
http://thisweekinpinball.com

The Chicago Pinball Expo has been run by Rob Berk and Mike Pacak for 33 years. They have now split. Rob will be starting a new show called Pinball Palooza. It is not known what will become of Pinball Expo. It is going to be in Schaumburg, Illinois, and the dates will be September 12th-15th. And it will be basically the same idea, the same format as we’ve had with Pinball Expo – only a whole lot more. The exhibit space will be more than double the size of the existing Expo. That is something I always thought it needed. It’ll be larger and more spacious and just everything about it is a plus. It will be nothing but a good experience for people to come to the show. I want people to leave with a great experience – not a good experience, but a great experience – and say “man, this was fun. The whole show was fun from the beginning to the very end.” That is my whole focus.

#5760 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Looking for a set or two of beater early bally ss legs. Don't need them to be pretty, just straight.

Thanks

I have a dolly parton that's already been converted into a homebrew project. There's some oxidation so I was going to replace them with stock williams legs anyway seeing how it doesn't need to be period correct. Have at them.

3 weeks later
#5819 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

None of youse guys would part with your Apollo 13, so I have to go to all the way into Michigan tomorrow morning to grab one.
Thanks for nothin'!

$3500 was a nice offer, but I waited too long to find mine.

#5847 5 years ago

that was fast, what was that 8 minutes?

#5858 5 years ago

Any one ever use ricksgamerepair.com?

I used him about a month ago to fix a pinball board issue. Can't speak for his restoration skills, but he does seem like he knows what he's doing and can read schematics. Talking to him he's a former tech at Lucent in naperville. He usually has a queue of jobs but he's really good about getting back to you. Owner of Hemispheres Amusements in Hampshire says he often uses him for help.

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I believe he charges $150 the first hour that includes travel

not to split hairs, but it's $140 first hour plus travel, then $75 for each additional hour. Not the cheapest, but he's still more reasonable than Hemispheres from what I was quoted.

1 week later
#5890 5 years ago
Quoted from doubledsquared:

Can anyone recommend an EM repairman in the Chicago/Rockford area?

Most people in the Chicago area use John Pedersen. He's not a paid tech per say, but he owns 50 EM machines so he's sort of an expert.

3 weeks later
#5968 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

engineer's game vs a production game?

I'm assuming pinball is the same as any industry.

Engineering sample usually means engineering built everything themselves on a bench, usually with early prototype parts (maybe a mix of production and prototype parts). This is where they find all of the fit issues (so there may be extra holes because something had to move slightly).

After engineering samples, it goes to pilot build (which means a production engineer builds it while engineers observe. Production engineer takes notes of what was difficult to assemble, and either suggests changes to the parts, changes to fixtures, or decides to change the order of the assembly).

#5978 5 years ago

This dude has had one of my system 3’s for almost TWO YEARS and he finally got Gavin to fix it. Ive been asking for my game back, my pin lift, and my oem boards. I get short answers from this guy now, which is really annoying. I just want to get everything back at this point and move on. Ive spent THOUSANDS with this guy, and I feel like I am getting strung along.

Nifty LED? sorry, had to ask

1 week later
#5992 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

If your appalled and want to get that CFTBL out of your house with the video upgrade kit, I'll do you a favor and buy it.

I wish that were the case, but they are still as high as ever (same goes for congo). I'm guessing collectors are hoarding them because they'll never get another trudeau layout?

Quoted from badbilly27:

Seriously though, just so sad he allegedly did these things. Poor kid.

yea it's one thing to follow along with the court cases not knowing the truth (innocent until proven guilty), but reading that recent article confirming at the very least he sexually abused a family member from age 6-13 is truly sad.

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Going to list a MMR HUO 150 plays color chip, plastic protectors, cliffys, What is the going rate?

I saw a stock one not long ago asking for $7500.

#6043 5 years ago
Quoted from balt:

I wasn't fast enough! Someone local scored a Dragonfist for $300 on Craigslist. 1981 Stern, 300-ish made.

I was wondering why this didn't come up in search.. Oh, he calls it "pineball"

2 weeks later
#6088 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Not half as crazy as how people around here get for anything Spooky releases.

I sometimes wonder why you come to pinside? seriously

1 week later
#6115 5 years ago

pair of lw3 projects with missing parts for $800 is interesting too

#6120 5 years ago

it's gone, but no.. he was selling each for $400.. wasn't clear what condition the playfield was in, but definitely missing boards, lockdown bar, translite.

#6146 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Talked things over a bit more with the wife and we are looking for a Whirlwind

I just sold mine to Paul Reno, don't think he intends to keep it (he had a buyer back out). See if he wants to sell it, it's in great condition.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/home-game-room-supply-franksville-2

#6149 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Is that my old one? Great game. Hope you enjoyed it.

Yes, and I did enjoy it. Can't keep them all

#6151 5 years ago

fyi: time warp in schaumburg does not even boot to attract mode

#6156 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

I see its gone did you purchase? Ad stated it works fine

No I passed. Guy said "it worked when we moved it from the store years ago", hasn't been hooked up since. The red led's on the MPU didn't flash once. Whoever bought it either likes pouring money into a pinball, or he negotiated it way down.

1 week later
#6174 5 years ago

i sold my freddy about 3 years ago for 1700, all led, new targets cover, new translite, fully working, but had wear just above the flippers.

3 weeks later
#6219 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Millionaire missing cpu and display $495

is there ever a complete millionaire? I know someone that has one complete one and like 2 other parts machines psd4me

#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

It was complete, and working when I bought it. I needed parts and could not justify spending $500 or more for there replacement.

wasnt a dig, just seems like that game always gets the first axe for parts

3 weeks later
#6320 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I emailed them asking if that was a typo.

Maybe he's related to the california BTTF seller?

#6340 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

How is Expo as a sales location? I've got to unload this AC/DC and I hadn't really considered trying to sell it there.

If the website still maintained that google spreadsheet, often deals would get made ahead of time (I bought a pin from someone one year because it was a title I wanted and was priced right). You may still end up getting a sale early on if priced right, or you may get everyone waiting till last minute to offer you less so you don't have to pack it up and bring it back with you. However you do have the advantage that the chicago area is densely populated with collectors, so you have a better chance of selling here than in indiana I imagine.

#6341 5 years ago

Im willing to bet “Ryan” is one of them

who is this "ryan"?

#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Don't know much about him, except he's made plenty of enemies with Chicago land buyers and collectors on deals, by the typical ill give you this much more if I can get it now!. I know this first hand on a pin that's he's listed on C CL now. Im sure there would be a few more on this thread that could chime in as well on some situations to.

On the other hand his dad Jim I dealt with years back and hand no issue's on some pins.

Bottom line young man, learn better business tactics.

Oh hell, the naperville guy? The overpriced pins that have sat on there week after week for the past couple months?
$1750 millionaire
$5200 sopranos
$2450 bally harley
$3200 Al's garage band
$2500 gottlieb world soccer

I'd say his tactic is working if things sell to suckers, but they aren't. So I guess he's just going to sit on games for a while (maybe a long while if the market keeps getting saturated with more games).

#6351 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I know people in other cities that get good deals all the time on craigslist, but that's virtually impossible in our area because of all the loser flipper dickheads

That's why I search within the maximum allowable distance from my house (200 miles). That gets me listings from indiana, michigan, ohio, iowa, wisconsin, and minnesota

1 month later
#6492 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Problem is, I have no idea how to get it from Chicago to Champaign (each part of the sectional is about 9.5ft long). Are there any services people know of that do that run? I figured people might do something similar with machines. Is it just rent a Uhaul and do the drive thing?

I used uship.com once to ship a pin from Massachussets, cost something like $260 and was white glove service in a van. Both vans and trucks bid on your moving job, and you wait to see who bids lowest (and you can choose to accept or not)

#6508 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Galloping Ghost is insane! I can't imagine there are many other public arcades in the world with that many games set up.

they are officially already the largest arcade in the world at 667 games currently. doc says he has visitors from around the world. on a saturday he has up to 1200 visitors.

#6521 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Glad you enjoyed Chicago! If TVs are being made with built-in bluetooth for wireless headphones, how long before pinball machines that are played in public should also have it? With game prices going up, throw us a bone manufacturers.

while bluetooth is ideal, bluetooth is also fussy with connecting to devices. However, headphones jacks are dirt cheap, and earbuds are too. If I was operating pinballs (or running a barcade) I would seriously considering installing them. When you go to clay's VFW show, I'd say a good dozen machines have jacks and it makes a big difference being able to hear the game clearly (especially one you aren't familiar with).

#6524 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What are options for after market head phone jacks for spikeStern and also classics?

Pretty sure you can wire in a jack to anything with a speaker:

It's not perfect (the audio level gets split). There's probably a way to have it auto switch to headphone jack only when pins are connected. Of course the other question is where to mount it that doesn't permanently modify the machine.

1 week later
#6588 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just suggesting a site feature to block ads from certain sellers, that's it. Just would be a nice thing to have.

So you're basically looking for TIVO for pinside? And you'd like Robin (the guy paying the bills) to implement it? I bet he'll get right on it.

1 week later
#6671 5 years ago

For prosperity (naperville seller)
Warning!!!!
I purchased a pinball machine called Stellar Wars from Ryan in Naperville, IL for $1500. His father Jim fixes the machines and Ryan handles the sale. The pinball machine appeared to work correctly but after I got it home and set up, the ball wouldn't kick out to the shooting channel. I contacted Ryan and his Dad Jim trouble shooted with me but it still wouldn't work. I asked if they could come to my house and fix it and was told no. They said if I bring it back they will fix it. I wanted to bring it back tonight 11/24 and was told Jim wouldn't be able to work on it right away. I said if we do this I want my money back and would purchase it again after it's fixed. I am not comfortable with them having the machine and my money. Jim refused and said it was cash and carry. My understanding is it was cash and carry for a fully working pinball machine. If this was me, I would have gone to the persons house in heartbeat to make sure it was working properly as described in the ad. Don't do business with these men as they don't stand behind what they sell. Less

If I was making $1500 on a stellar wars, I'd be sure it was working.

#6673 5 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

This doesn't sound unusual at all. We've all had pins that had problems after being moved, especially ones that old. They tried to help him troubleshoot it remotely, but it doesn't sound like the buyer knows much about pins from the terms they are using. They are offering to fix it, but can't do it "right away". The buyer may have been expecting it to be fixed while he waits. This is one of the major holiday weekends. I'd have to hear the other side of the story before I pass judgement.

I've been chatting with her tonight. Seller clearly didn't explain anything to a new pinball buyer (including how you should take the ball out of the trough before transport so the ball doesn't pound on the switch). Pretty sure the switch arm got mashed down, she just needs to bend it back up. Yes machines can develop issues when they are moved, but this could have been avoided.

Also $1500 stellar wars and the guy couldn't even spring for a $4 coin door lock :-0
https://imgur.com/a/1bSm0ft

#6676 5 years ago

Well tried to troubleshoot over facebook messenger, I think the switch is working fine but it isn't firing (pop bumpers stopped firing too before I started troubleshooting), but flippers are working. Sounds like maybe a bad playfield connector or a flakey driverboard. I recommended she contact either Rick's game service or Gavin to troubleshoot, this is beyond what she can troubleshoot by herself.

Nothing like souring the hobby by buying an overpriced machine and having to immediately spend another $150-$200 on a service call. If this guy in naperville is on pinside I wish he'd explain his side of the story.

#6682 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

This has to be someone here. toyotaboy? Is that you?

Yes.. it's subtle and doesn't point fingers (and hopefully helps someone new to pinball)

I did not write this: chicago.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#6719 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Does anybody know of someone in the McHenry/Fox Lake or surrounding area that works/repairs juke boxes?
Thanks.

try paul reno at home gameroom supply

#6727 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

And the saga continues......

Btw Rick did get her stellar wars working again. Those guys are FLOODING craigslist with pins, vids and dart boards. At what point are you not just a hobbyist but a real business? Do they even have a business license?

#6738 5 years ago

Flash for sale. Little bit of wiggle room but not much. I put a LOT of parts and labor into this. it's plug and play.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/72379

#6750 5 years ago
Quoted from vj82:

They are selling Sopranos for $5200 listed as "all works" and you can see in the pic that fish is missing a lip ...

he took $900 off it, yet still thinks "everything works". More proof he's just making up prices.

2 weeks later
#6777 5 years ago

Since my ad keeps getting flagged on craigslist, looking to buy one of the following (used not new):
Whitewater
Demolition Man
Viper Night Drivin'
Simpsons Pinball Party
Metallica Pro
Iron Man (any edition)
Twister

Prefer machine to be relatively stock (LED's ok).

#6778 5 years ago

Galloping ghost pinball expansion looks like it's ready to open.. They've got both an Alien and Predator

List:
varkon
baby pac man
granny and gators
caveman
twilight zone
addams family
x-files
tales from crypt
viper night drivn
revenge from mars
gorgar
black knight
f-14
police force
funhouse
pinbot
bride of pinbot
jackbot
fireball
spy hunter
space invaders
qbert
haunted house
freddy
creature from black lagoon
godzilla
alien
predator

1 week later
#6838 5 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

Just be thankful there is no inflatable clown anymore, anyone need a Cleopatra backglass?

no but i do need a prototype nes temco bowl cartridge, anyone got one of those? willing to pay $1500

#6843 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Not sure they are making any money at this point. Good thing Craigslist is free.

Storage isn't free, unless it's on their own property (and even then I'm guessing it has to be somewhat temperature controlled unless they REALLY don't give a crap).

#6845 5 years ago

As long as we're complaining about rinse and repeat chicago CL ads, how about (I'm assuming it's Mark of the former No limit arcade) coming out of the woodwork about once a month out of Huntley trying to sell the same overpriced machines with random toys placed on top as... toppers? and ALWAYS USING CAPITAL LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!! I HAVE 20 PINBALLS FOR SALE BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO PAY MY PRICES!!!!

1 week later
#6871 5 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Just makes me kinda sad about it because I used to have such enthusiasm for collecting and I don't know if the hobby got too big, or if Chicago is just a tough location. I just don't see myself being able to buy anything anymore. /end sad rant

Chicago is tough (naperville guys buying everything and letting it sit), prices in chicago are high (some california prices in the marketplace are lower than here which isn't right), but buck up. I said the same thing for months, and then out of the blue a good deal of a pin in my wishlist came up in facebook marketplace a few weeks ago.

#6886 5 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Maybe we should all take a lesson in overpricing by Ryan in Naperville! LOL

The fact that these are sitting is starting to remind me of that Niles guy. His ads ran for like 6 years, ran his pins into the ground at his arcade, then passed on, and his wife sent his whole collection to super auctions (who took 30%, and I heard she had to fight them to collect the money). As warehouse costs add up, I can only see these pins go up in price to make up for it, which will only push away buyers even more. At some point these pins will end up in either an auction or estate sale.

#6899 5 years ago

That aint a bad deal. If it weren't for the cold this would be worth driving to Michigan
grandrapids.craigslist.org link

#6908 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would Love to Buy in Montana but not Sell in Montana as an example

it's like the seinfeld bottle depsosit return scheme!

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

New idea: I've decided I'm going to copy the pinball flipper model on craigs list but do it on Pinside.
Here goes:
I will pay big cash for your pinball machine. I'm not a pinball broker, I swear I'm not. I'm a collector(not a chance) and will pay fair market value for your machine(not really). Call me at 1-800-555-douchebag.
-I really hate these ads on CL.

but will you buy no matter if its one or a thousand? and have good communication with the seller through the whole process?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#7073 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Munsters Pro up for sale.
$5200 obo

this is like the 3rd I've seen for sale today. Is it a bad game, or are people selling the pro to get the prem/LE?

#7084 5 years ago

Brookfield shows up on WGN. sorry for the poor phone quality, my capture card is broke

1 week later
#7124 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Anyone have a Fire! they want to sell me?

Been thinking about selling mine

2 weeks later
#7191 4 years ago

I see naperville guy is finally caving in on prices. That stupid kids ride with the bear was $1650 forever, now it's $850. Part of me hopes his pinball prices come down too, but I wouldn't buy crap from him

3 weeks later
1 month later
#7370 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

By the way he was talking seemed like the guy in Naperville

oh yay, can't wait to see that pop up on craigslist along with all the other pins he can't sell.

3 weeks later
#7461 4 years ago

Can any one recommend a reliable tech who services the western suburbs? Not to be offensive, but some one who will actually schedule time to come out and do work. Seems like no one wants to come out here.

Rick is pretty responsive, and he's near Elburn so waubonsee college isn't a terrible drive for him
http://www.ricksgamerepair.com

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Gavin's game service.

Gavin is by far THE most knowledgeable and fastest tech in the area (it's mind blowing how quickly he can diagnose problems), but that also means he's often backlogged with work.

#7519 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I will sell my Earthshaker Aftershock if someone wants to spend a bunch of money on an HSA restored prototype #2 Earthshaker with a P-ROC system installed in it. Also, have the original boards. It is a very nice Earthshaker, and I am out of room.

holy shit.. i figured you'd never sell that. its your own fault for buying those racing games

1 month later
#7709 4 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Have a Firepower 2 for sale... if I sell on pinside I’ll make a donation.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1411004832371881/

Looks clean!

#7716 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If you are looking for something unique...

more info here:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/junkyard/americoin_junkyard_crane.htm

Looks like Clay took the liberty of converting the 8-track to mp3.. so if someone could take the DC voltage and power an mp3 trigger the sound could probably be salvaged.

4 months later
#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

Talked to the lady and the guy drove 3.5 hours she said to get it

this reeks of rock island "choggared" dude. expect to see a wiped down LED'd meteor on craigslist in a couple weeks for $1k.

#7985 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Merry Xmas Chicago Collectors!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!!
As you walk through your collections today think hard of what you plan on selling to make room for Stranger Things, Willy Wonka or Rick & Morty. Post those items here first!! I'm always happy to take the hand me downs on you NIB buyers.
Happy Holidays all!!

im going to be putting a fire! and twister up for sale soon

2 weeks later
#8021 4 years ago

always a good idea to be snarky to a pinside moderator

#8050 4 years ago

I put up 2 pins in the marketplace earlier this week.. Just lowered price on both.

2 weeks later
#8086 4 years ago

Have an odd request.. I upgraded my HUO CSI to colordmd (so the old one has low hours):
https://i.ibb.co/k50HhTM/stern-dmd.jpg

Friend has a williams game with a gassing DMD. Assumed stern was backwards compatible with williams, it is not (but a generic cherry display is forward compatible with stern). He doesn't want to upgrade to color, and I've got this display I can't use. If someone has a used williams dmd display (because they also upgraded to color dmd), wanna trade for a fully working stern display? I'd even be willing to toss in $20 if need be.

Photo above is to show there was no damage by plugging it into a williams game.

#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I have a used DMD you can have. I have a lot just sitting around from changing to ColorDMDs. I’m pretty close to you, so you can just come get it.

Dude you are awesome, sending PM

1 week later
#8120 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

So that Kiss that was on CL yesterday... I put a small($50) deposit down on it to hold and pick up today at noon. I've bought lots of games over the years, this one didn't seem much different. Guy was very responsive. Gave me an address, full name and email for Chase Quickpay of the deposit. All pretty normal. Today, doesn't respond to my text in the am confirming noon still works. Couple hours roll by and I text when I leave knowing this shit might not go down but still gonna chance it. I make the hour twenty drive to Grayslake and get to the house. Mailbox overflowing, lockbox on door, all window blinds closed. Knew right away the dude wasn't who he said he was nor was the Kiss real. Knocked on the doors, called, texted... nadda. Drove home Kissless, but still got to make a trip to Pinball life and get some time in on Rick and Morty so wasn't a complete waste of a day!

thats why i would never put down a deposit. if someone beats me to it, it wasnt meant to be. i guess you can be glad they only scammed you out of $50.

3 months later
#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Looks like Facebook Marketplace has become the new wild wild west for pinballs? I had a good time with the chase 8 to 10 years ago from Craigslist. C.L. Chicago now sucks, but I built a nice collection and now I just enjoy the hell out of my stuff.

theres some decent deals on there sometimes, but you still have to watch it like a hawk and make an offer right away.

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

CL everywhere sucks now, FB is where it's at.

But does FB marketplace have pinball parts (too many to list) in algonquin? What about inflatable clowns? What about $150 cleopatra backglass that's been up there for about 8 years? What about a menagerie of pinballs, arcade games, and redemption games all in one stop shop in naperville?

2 weeks later
#8313 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

When oh when will it open!?

facebook page shows a secret VIP soft opening this saturday night (I'm assuming to vet out issues, employee training). If I were to guess, they will probably open to the public next week.

#8341 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

There's a Rollergames up on one of the FB groups for $1500 I believe. Great first game!

Only one I see still for sale is one in ohio. $1600 and needs the left flipper replaced.

1 week later
#8378 3 years ago

Looks like pinball life is doing curbside pickups now
https://ibb.co/0jpRL6X

#8381 3 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Does anyone have or know of or where to rent a stair climber for the day? Escalera or a Powermate?

Check the local rental places.. I know I rented a powermate from a place in the northern burbs somewhere like 5 years ago.

Might have been sunbelt? there's a few in the area
https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/detail/1225/0440087/stair-climber-650lb/

1 week later
#8400 3 years ago

A lot of collectors in chicago will buy the pro so they can play it right away until the LE's and premiums are built.

#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Looks like pinball life is doing curbside pickups now
https://ibb.co/0jpRL6X

So picked up some parts today. When you get the confirmation email it will say "order has shipped! shipping method: curbside pickup". Pickup is in front not the rear (even though there is a sign in front that says "this door locked, all deliveries in rear"). I did have to call, I'm guessing those working there aren't keeping track of time but they came right out and handed me my box. Employee was wearing a mask.

1 week later
#8453 3 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Not sure how you can price something without knowing about it first.

Sure you can.. I paid X, if I sell it for Y I make Z profit. If I have to start going through it and check to make sure things work, replace parts, clean things, the price goes up.

#8501 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not sure how anyone gets a free pass selling on here and not expected to be called to the table for no pics and never plugging it in. The amount of time it takes to plug in a machine and snap a few pics isn't much longer than it takes to post a for sale post saying you have a machine for sale, which he did (twice it looks like, with a price increase between postings).

You don't know the story behind it. For all you know he bought it from a customer that had it sitting for 10 years. While many a hobbyist would simply take the chance and plug it in, if you're running a for profit business you probably wouldn't take the risk. If a game sits, it could have bad bridge rectifiers, it could have battery acid damage, it could have something plugged back in wrong. To really evaluate a game the right thing to do is unplug every board and boot with just the transformer, but again this is invested time.. and by the sounds of it he has a lot of projects and just wanted to sell this as-is.

#8512 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

GAPs friends can rationalize it all they want, but is bizarre business practice plain and simple

Not a friend, I might have met him once at a pinball meetup. Just saying people make a lot of assumptions, and because everyone dogpiled he left this thread.

#8564 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Hey all, more of a Chicago area question who does William WPC CPU board repair in the Chicago area? Looking for a bench repair option.
Thanks in advance,
rob

Doubt Gavin or Rick have a board checker (will need a game to test it in)
http://www.gavinsgameservice.com
http://www.ricksgamerepair.com

If you're willing to ship, Rob Anthony is really good too (I believe he has both bench testers and usually access to test in a game). Guessing since there aren't pinball shows his turn-around time might be better than usual:
http://lockwhenlit.com

1 month later
#8713 3 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Yea saw that one - I was going to go look at it but the wear on the Admit One is a bit much.

There's someone selling gold glitter ticket decals to fix it (common issue, used to own one). I would negotiate down to $2k

2 months later
#8909 3 years ago

This isn't an ad.. I'm giving this away. I'm restarting my homebrew project and going a different route for my cabinet. I started with a williams F14 cabinet. It's in good shape, and includes:
Lower cabinet
Metal apron
Lockbar mech
Lockdown bar
Side rails
Backbox
DMD bezel
Shooter rod
Playfield glass
I have some semi-rusty legs I can throw in
I'm probably going to keep the coin door

Use this for the start of a homebrew project, virtual cab, lots of possibilities.

https://ibb.co/V9WpmD3
https://ibb.co/bFzzr3r
https://ibb.co/b5WbNqH

2 weeks later
#8941 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This isn't an ad.. I'm giving this away. I'm restarting my homebrew project and going a different route for my cabinet. I started with a williams F14 cabinet. It's in good shape, and includes:
Lower cabinet
Metal apron
Lockbar mech
Lockdown bar
Side rails
Backbox
DMD bezel
Shooter rod
Playfield glass
I have some semi-rusty legs I can throw in
I'm probably going to keep the coin door
Use this for the start of a homebrew project, virtual cab, lots of possibilities.
https://ibb.co/V9WpmD3
https://ibb.co/bFzzr3r
https://ibb.co/b5WbNqH

Spoken for, pickup tomorrow

1 month later
#9035 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd recommend that you proceed with extreme caution. He may be legit, but there is no way to really know. Cash on the glass is always the safest way to do a transaction if possible.

I had a sort of odd transaction that worked out when I sold my AMH (still have a folder saved, sold on 4.28.19). Had a woman contact me that was getting into pinball and played it at a show, had her boyfriend and his friend pick it up because they were already into pinball and had a few games. They wanted to paypal the entire thing. This raised a red flag because they could request a refund, but after texting back and forth they said they didn't want to transport $5600 in cash across 2 state lines, so we agreed to do half paypal, half cash on glass. I recorded the entire thing with a webcam (plus my ring recorded them arriving and taking the game out), and made them sign a paper saying they agreed to the condition of the game so I could present that to paypal and be like "nuh-uh, they signed this paper". It worked out, never got a chargeback.

ALWAYS be weary of new users, or any transaction that isn't cash. Unless they are a known person that can at least be legitimized by other users, assume everyone is out to rip you off of your expensive toy.

3 weeks later
#9097 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Out of curiousity, what was pricing and what did you have done?

yes I'm curious too.. and not just the powder coating but the prep work (bead blast)

1 month later
#9203 2 years ago

April fool's indeed. Take image of krull from pinside and make an ad
"Cleaning out a house I bought, there’s an old junk pinball machine. Looks like it was made by a company called Krull. Going in the dumpster if not claimed. Free"

3 weeks later
#9243 2 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

For some reason I never think of Dave and Busters having anything anymore. I mean I haven’t been in one in awhile. I might check them out.

I think Stern is using this as a test center, particularly with their camera rigs. I think that's the only reason why they have any pinball again.

#9247 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Damn, can’t view. I’m not on FB. But when I read your post I was thinking they had streaming rigs setup at d&b’s or something

https://imgur.com/a/G9Mtqyt

2 months later
4 weeks later
#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from Joz:

Anyone recommend a powder coat shop in the western suburbs? Looking to do some legs, rails, hinges ...

Lot of people recommend this place in palatine. Haven't tried them but supposedly good work at good prices
https://freshstartcustomcoatings.com/index.html

1 week later
#9452 2 years ago

I too love Gavin, but he is very inconsistent (I think he's very overworked). He does more than repairs, he also has a huge pinball route. If only we could clone him

1 week later
2 weeks later
#9505 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone have any arcade machines for sale? Been on the lookout for a nice neo geo red mvs cab.

i have a 60in1 im looking to dump for $200

#9509 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I guess I wish to clarify I'm looking for a nice machine. "200 and willing to dump" doesn't sound nice, but if I'm wrong, I'm listening.

There's no sideart or CPO art. There is a multi-game art marquee. I bought new red t-molding (not installed yet). Also the plexi over the monitor was scratched and cracked so I ordered a new custom piece of plexi to slide in. It was fully functioning when I bought it a year ago, CPO would need to be plugged back in. I say "dump" because I just don't have time to work on it so just looking to make my money back.

Quoted from danczaz:

What cabinet is it in?

z-cabinet (like street fighter)

258 posts in this topic match your search for posts by toyotaboy. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.