FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbaum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6059 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Looking for an iron man, game of thrones pro, tron. Can travel a bit. Let me know.

This one is in the marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64751

1 week later
#6092 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

No. Keeping an open mind, but they haven't impressed me yet.

#TNA is really amazing. Played it for the first time a few weeks back, now my wife wants one (it convinced her we need a pinball machine in the house),

#6094 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

We all started with one pinball machine. The question is can you wait patiently six months for one after putting down a deposit today, OR will you buy another pinball machine now to tide you over?

I'm probably going to get a different one first (thinking about an Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) or something more classic like #FT or #WW) - she wants that one for herself

1 month later
#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone interested in an Iron Maiden Pro trade for something? I'm getting sorta tired of the shooter lane inconsistency. I'd listen to offers on newer games in awesome shape and/or HUO.
Game I really would want would be a walking dead, but will entertain any offer.

I've noticed some issues with it when I've played it in the wild, is it consistently that bad?

1 month later
#6419 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Not to turn this into a pinball pricing thread, but I've personally changed my perspective on the B/C level games. As those have risen to 2k, I'm like, screw it, I'll just save longer for a game I really want rather than what's "affordable" now in my price range. When prices were lower I would've gladly spent money on a less popular pin, but now that the low end pin price range has creeped up and the newer pinballs price range have sort of maatched classic popular titles it really has me much more discerning.

I mostly agree. I've been looking to buy a machine, but it is really worth it to spend $4500 on an older machine. I've been looking at some one the ones in the $2-3K range that I like (Fish Tales or JP) and think have some value at that price, but I'm still not sure that I shouldn't just buy a NIB IM or DP. The games coming out right now are really compelling and as much as people shit on Stern a lot, the quality has gone up the past few years.

1 week later
#6440 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have the following as is machines, all will need to be shopped. I have not had the chance to dig into issues with all machines.
I will list more shortly.
Big hurt, boots up plays, has a transistor issue for ramp, I think. missing speaker plastic panel $1600
Flash, nice condition, needs to be shopped, has a tilt issue when switch is hit, plasy fine except tilt error $1200
Sega Jurrasic park. Unshopped clean. From home owner. $2900
Jungle lord, nice condition, needs to be shopped, works, plays fine $1300
Black Pyramid, nice cabinet, has playfield wear, worked when taken from home. $700 - Sold
Volcano, x2, both cosmetically in great shape. one has a coil issue, games boot up, $1200, $1100.
NBA fast break. Clean. Not really dirty took in as trade. $2995
Nascar, HUO. One switch not working. Clean. From millionaires home in Barrington. One location.
Roller coaster tycoon shopped. Needs batter holder replaced.
Mars god of War, game boots up , may need tweaking, needs to be shopped out $1000
High speed, game has cpu issue, good cosmetics, need to be shopped and board work fixed. $1100
Golden tee 2003 , HUO near mint condition. $900
Ms Pacman, boots up and plays, has sagging of screen in right corner. $700.
EA sports Sit down Nascar, with flat screen tv, has battery issue , resetting . great condition $1200
Space invaders cocktail table, screen is scrambled. $600
Top dawg shuffle game by Williams, $600.00
Pacman cabaret. $600 works
Ms pacman cocktail. Scrambled screen. $700
Midway haunted House rifle game. Complete. Works but needs to be restored $1200
Who Dun it pinball machine. Clean, working. Complete. Needs to be shopped .
Game show, clean . Needs to be shopped. $1800
Dracula unshopped. Complete. Slight planking, ramp has nipple due to light locked on. May have errors.
Shopped out
Time machine, Excellent condition.Nicest I have come across $2300
Nib
Valley Dynamo All Star Baseball and Zombie League
Houdini
Thunderbirds
Deadpool
Acdc
Batman66
Iron Maiden
Metallica monster
Ghostbusters
Attack from Mars SE
Huo
Simpsons x2
No Fear
Family guy
Star Wars premium

Any chance of pictures of the #JP?

#6443 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I'll try to get pics tomorrow night

Appreciate it.

2 weeks later
#6481 5 years ago

Looking for a Jurassic Park, anywhere around Chicago or between Chicago and Champaign.

#6491 5 years ago

SO I know this isn't exactly the right thread, but I figured since a big part of this thread is moving large objects around, I would see if people had suggestions.

I just moved into a house in Champaign, IL and I'm looking at buying a sectional (found a few quality used ones through a reseller in Chicago that I'm considering). Problem is, I have no idea how to get it from Chicago to Champaign (each part of the sectional is about 9.5ft long). Are there any services people know of that do that run? I figured people might do something similar with machines. Is it just rent a Uhaul and do the drive thing?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I used uship.com once to ship a pin from Massachussets, cost something like $260 and was white glove service in a van. Both vans and trucks bid on your moving job, and you wait to see who bids lowest (and you can choose to accept or not)

This is great! Exactly what I was looking for.

#6500 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Logan Arcade Chicago has a huge selection of games.

Logan is great, I was there last weekend. They are Stern's favored arcade so they have a fairly well maintained stable of Sterns - I also think Headquarters is very solid, especially when the downstairs is open (not always the case).

The Emporiums are ok (but not excellent). I heard the Galloping Ghost now has a pinball area, but I haven't seen it yet.

1 week later
#6559 5 years ago

Anyone got a #fishtales or a #JP they might be interested in selling?

1 week later
#6621 5 years ago

Ok I'll jump in with a bump for an actual buy/sell

Still looking for a Fish Tales Jurassic Park or The Shadow

I'm in Champaign, but am driving through Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison in the next week or so (crossing all the regional sale threads!)

8 months later
#7593 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Anyone have a JJP Hobbit they wanna sell or Trade?

Someone just posted in the Indiana thread they are looking to sell theirs:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-for-sale-in-indiana/page/28#post-5106314

#7623 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Just a heads up for you Chicago folks; Gavin put a Wonka at the Green Eye Lounge in Logan Square. Can't wait to go check it out.

Went last night and played it. Pretty fun, wicked short games. Balls coming out of that left orbit are pure danger.

#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gavin is really good about adjusting and maintaining his games.
Give it another chance. Maybe you had an off day? Maybe that one is just set up tough I am sure he will get it tuned in.
IME, every game is different but after a week or 2 of data adjustments that are small can be made to make a huge difference.
I am absolutely loving our WONKA

Do you have a bumper by the left outane? There isn't one in this one and that made it tough too. These aren't complaints - I really enjoyed playing it and even had a few decent games on it. It's just a faster game than a lot of the sterns out there right now, and many of the JJPs I've played.

#7628 4 years ago

I will say the ball lock plate on that one does need a little adjusting to level it with the playfield. Sometimes when the ball passed over it, it would cause the ball to change directions (not always and mostly when the ball was moving slowly). I've seen similar issues recently with the plexi on Munsters premium and LEs.

1 year later
#8561 3 years ago

I have a question that I figure many of you might know the answer to. I'm picking up an iron maiden pro this weekend but I wanted to make sure it will fit into a 2020 Nissan Armada. The height of the cargo bed is 36.7. is that enough with the head folded down?

#8563 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

The height of these with a folded head is approximately 31"

Thanks! It looked close, but the back seat console made it too short. Going to have to wait until they have a minivan for me to rent (knowing I could have had an Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) in my house this weekend was a bit crushing)

#8568 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Rent a pickup truck from Enterprise, get the orange 4 pack of ratchet straps from Harbor Freight and a decent tarp/cover. Much better than messing with fitting it into a van, unless you just get a cargo van which is also fairly simple.

Got a mini van for Tuesday (had it booked for today, but they ran out ). I would do the pickup, but I'm driving 3 hours to get it - that's what happens when you live in the middle of nowhere

#8571 3 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Im in decatur, only an hour from you and always have a large selection of pins for sale. And a 3 hour trip isnt bad, im leaving in the morning to pick up a truckload of pins, and im driving 30 hours each way, seriously

Wow, yeah this is the farthest I've give since I drove 2+ hours to lose a bidding war for a twilight zone... And picked up a consolation lady luck.

I've convinced the wife to let me have a few projects in the basement though

1 month later
#8700 3 years ago
Quoted from davidz121:

New to Pinside and close to Chicago.
Looking for a project EM machine not selling for restored/retail price.

I would check out this thread too

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/

7 months later
#9262 2 years ago

I'm looking to buy a machine in Georgia but am trying to decide if it is worth the drive (9ish hours) or if I should get it shipped. Any thoughts on someone who people here know/trust that I should reach out to about shipping. I know Brobra is great, but he doesn't seem to be going that far south any time soon

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Imho, no it’s definitely not worth the drive.
I use Navl/Sti for all my long distance pickups.
1-800-959-8880
They’re in Addison.
Brenda usually helps me but it doesn’t matter.
You can pay by cc or cod.
Hope this helps.

Do you need the seller to pack it up and get it to a depot usually or will STI do all that too?

#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

STI will come to your house, pack it up (on legs) and take it.

Any issues with it being shipped with the legs on it? I usually take them off

5 months later
#9594 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Chicago places to play advice needed if you don't mind. Heading down from the twin cities for a three day birthday weekend the 14th-17th.
Last time I was there I hit the Headquarters River North location as well as the Logan Arcade. Headquarters was perfectly fine, and easier to get to but Logan was easily my favorite of the two.
For this trip my wife and I are catching a show at the Den Theater - roughly half way from our hotel to Logan anyway. So planning on hitting Logan again, but notice that the Den is nearly across the street from one (the smaller?) of The Emporium locations.
So - stick to the plan and go the extra couple miles to Logan, or is the Emporium a good enough destination? Or abuse the fact that I can play the birthday (50th) card really hard and hit both?
Beside that - any other spots that someone shouldn't miss?

I would skip Emporium for Logan every time. Emporiums are more bars that have machines. Depending on the location the games are pretty busted up. I tend to skip the one at Logan Square entirely because it is depressing to me as a pinball fan.

Headquarters used to be a good place to go, but I have no idea the state of their games since they moved to a single location.

There's a new place that just opened up in Rogers Park called Mission Control (https://chicago.eater.com/2021/9/16/22674097/mission-control-arcade-bar-rogers-park-images-photos), but it wasn't open when I went two weeks ago, so I don't know much about it.

#9601 2 years ago

Logan's machines have gotten a bit dirtier since before the pandemic for sure, but it is miles ahead of Emporium.

5 months later
#10038 2 years ago

Just posted my Iron Maiden Pro for sale
Full powder coating, shaker motor, side blades, external volume control, a gorgeous machine

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Like new Iron Maiden Pro: I love this game, but another on my grail list became available and I need the room. Powder coated everywhere, including the coin door in red (the pictu...”
2022-03-14
Champaign, IL
7,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 433 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

**I need some garage space back and inside space back**. Too many machines.
Donations will be made to pinside accordingly.
Readily available now in garage, complete unless noted-
No shipping, cash on the glass, no trades
GTB Solar city - workin $625
GTB Royal flush $575
GTB card whiz $575
Exhibit Dale Gun Project. Incomplete $225
BLY Red Arrow parts cabinet. $75
I think there’s a couple of populated pfs out there for wall art. What they are right now escapes me. $75 each.
Updated. Lowered prices.

I'd be really interested in which playfields are available too - might look cool on my gameroom wall

7 months later
#10600 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

This topper came with my TMNT that's too tall for my low ceilings, anybody local interested?
They are the 12" Playmates figures mounted on a piece of black plexi he had velcroed to the top.
https://imgur.com/a/IfDrTn2

It doesn't seem to load

4 months later
#10930 1 year ago

Anyone have a lead on any Godzilla side armor? My 16 month old is getting into hitting the flippers on my games, but he has grubby fingers

1 month later
#11098 10 months ago

I'll just re-iterate what everyone else said about GAP & Mike. Not the best communicator, but solid seller and distributor. I got on his waitlist early for a Godzilla Prem when it was sold out everywhere else and he called me a few weeks later telling me I could have it in a week. He 100% delivers (he just may not reply immediately )

7 months later
#11793 3 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

Foo is a fun game.

I think it is much better in home environments too - I feel there's a lot that needs to be dialed in with it, like the right kicker, and on route games are usually not calibrated right.

1 month later
#11896 52 days ago

Hi All - Asking for a friend. Does anyone have an Evel Knievel they might be looking to sell?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbaum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.