FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

So you are saying that anyone that asks questions and wants a few more pictures is not a good buyer. If someone is going to drive a long way for a pin, I think that a seller would want to give as much information a possible. Well, only If they are a good seller.

I read it as "It was an easy sell", nothing more.... I would much rather someone just come over, look at it, play it, and then buy it, rather than take a whole bunch of pics first, and then go through the process. Doesn't make me a bad seller, just happy when I don't have to take the time for pics if I don't need to.

1 month later
#434 9 years ago

RBION didn't really do it for you huh? GLWS.... You have some fair prices there for sure...

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just so I understand, for a trade - you would want 1800cash plus a BSD for your RBION? Is that correct?

Nope... 1.2 cash and BSD...

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So 1200 plus a BSD for a RBION that you value at 3k? So does that mean you place a value of 1800 on the BSD plus the 1200 cash to equal the 3000 value placed on the RBION? Do I have that right now?

Looks like you got it....

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well how is that a fair trade? For even a "player" BSD.
And Congo plus 2000. What? Thats crazy talk.
Okay well than how about my GNR for 5000 and your Addams Family.
Sorry but I'm calling shenanigans on danczaz. IMHO.

Apparently you view the value of BSD differently than danczaz. The Congo one was a joke from another thread.... Looking at his prices, I think he is pretty much spot on from what I have seen over the years.

I am not sure where you are getting BSD numbers from, but up here (not too far away from you), I haven't seen a player quality BSD sell for the 2k mark. I have seen plenty of people ask 2k+ for them, but never see them sell for that. Collector quality is a different story....

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well Ive never seen a decent player bsd go for anything under 2k. If you find one let me know, Im buying. But not a chance. Ive never even seen one for sale in a long time except for one in St. charles Illinois.

Will do... in the last two years I picked up one for 1k and two other friends picked one up at 1k each as well....

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I paid 1K for mine. Great shape except cabinet is scratched up on the sides.

That makes 3 friends....

6 months later
#1077 9 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Looking for a early SS with multiball, players condition is preferred

I have a Pharoah that fits this description. Any interest, just let me know.

1 month later
#1317 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I loved it. It was unique because it had a spinner that you could push down as a button as well. Hence why I need the control panel in tact and original. Only game I know of that had it.

Actually several games used a push/pull spinner. My previous Mame machine had an apache push/pull spinner for games that utilized it.

6 months later
#1811 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I've grown to really enjoy the challenge and uniqueness it offers

It must be challenging for ya' .....
Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

5 months later
#2434 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

K, so who is buying a GB and wants to be my new best friend? I need to get some time on one before I decide if I want to unload half my collection to get one.......

I am in on a premium, if you stray too far north of the border somehow, my doors are open. I only had to move a 1/6th of my collection to get one, luckily....

#2456 8 years ago

I am 30 minutes west of MGC if anyone is looking for a nice Jurassic Park. Can't make MGC this year, but will be around Friday and Sunday that weekend...
http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=839

4 months later
#3259 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Are those the same 30-50% who have not donated? One can argue, are they really part of the community then? Site costs money to operate, and not willing to support that....hmmm. Are we debating how much or just anything? $10 annual fee is not unreasonable by any means

I will never donate money to Pinside under any circumstances. I have been in the *hobby* since 1999. I have received plenty of help through the years, and truly believe in paying it back. I don't care how many extra features Pinside tries to jam onto a screen, there is zero chance this place (or any place) survives without actual content (which comes from the user base, not from the designer). There are lots of pretty cars that don't have motors, you can't drive them though.

I have given away tons of parts throughout the years to other members, have given tons of technical help (especially with Gottlieb System 3 stuff, since that seems to be the least documented), and sent forward many deals at exact cost when I was buying machines in bulk. I don't feel guilty for one second that I don't give money to Pinside, nor should anyone else.

This whole money thing is ridiculous. The donation hearts are ridiculous. It is almost a way of public shaming for those to use those icons as such.

If Robin and his brother folded up Pinside, I can assure you that the user base would just gravitate somewhere else, that is just how these things work.

#3262 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Well said!!
PS, just picked up a non-working strikes and spares, any help will be appreciated for booting diagnosis.

Start a thread, I can walk you through it

#3264 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

This is a reasonable, logical and well thought out comment.
However, as someone who is much more likely to need help than to give help, I'm glad to donate a bit to keep the place running.

And there is zero wrong with that..... There are all kinds on here, and all kinds are needed. If we don't keep the information cycle going, there is going to be no one to pass the torch to. Hampering access to the information cycle via money isn't going to help this very small hobby.

#3266 7 years ago

YOU PEOPLE WITHOUT HEARTS MAKE ME SICK!

LOL... I know what you are saying, but it does create unintended animosity....

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

What I love is how many of you with something to say have never donated and the rest have let their donation status expire. You are all a tremendous asset to the site I must say.

#3273 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I respect your opinion and reply. Respectfully, do you attend Expo, MGC, or PA event? Do you pay for admission to those events (or quite possibly bring games)? My quick point, to run those events costs money. Those events provide a venue for hobbyists to come together to talk, give free things to each other, provide tech tips, all things you mentioned in your reply. Why is a virtual site considered different?
Trust me, me loves free, prefers free, and agrees with MANY of your points. However, a small hobby that is growing and a site that makes it a more user friendly global meeting place may require some money to cover operating costs. RGP is free but user interface and reach is limited.

I understand what you are saying, but virtual and real are apples and oranges. In the virtual world, the costs aren't nearly as great as some think they are, but then again, they can be depending on how/where the site is hosted. I have zero idea what the traffic is on this site, but have to maintain/host about 25 other sites, and have a decent understanding of actual hosting costs, bandwidth, etc. The true cost to this site is Robin's time. Look at this place, it's very pretty, and very functional, but adding these things is costing him his time (and there is clearly a ton of time put into this place), more so than additional money.

Real shows need a physical presence. Unfortunately pinball machines are a little larger than stamps, so the venues often need to be very large, and the costs reflect that. I am not super big into shows, as my schedule doesn't allow for it. I bring a couple of machines to MGC every year (wasnt able to last year), and don't even attend the show (I do go to the afterparty). I don't bring games to Expo, mostly because of distance/schedule, but also because the vibe is very different for that show. Dan at MGC makes it very clear that he appreciates the time and effort everyone puts into contributing to the show, I don't really get that same vibe from Expo.

Again, I know there are costs associated with this site, and I see nothing wrong with trying to recoup those costs, especially now that Robin has gone from this being a hobby to a need to provide for his family. But with these costs coming into play, the implementation of them needs to be revisted, as now there is expectation as a paid service that wasnt there when it was voluntary.

#3278 7 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

so uh. Anybody got any machines to sell?

Sure in the spirit of keeping on topic, I have a Gold Wings I just put up locally a few minutes ago.
http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=989

#3281 7 years ago

7 freaking 50! I gotta see the pics...wow. I paid more for a much lower quality machine. damn.

It has a topper too

#3300 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sure in the spirit of keeping on topic, I have a Gold Wings I just put up locally a few minutes ago.
http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=989

$old!

1 week later
#3327 7 years ago

Not without Pin$ide getting their cut.....

I have seen the Met Pro and TWD in person, they are fantastic examples. Have no worries dealing with Ted, super nice guy, and very open and honest about his games. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again if he had something I was looking for.

1 week later
#3367 7 years ago

I have some free stuff if anyone is looking for a reason to cross the boarder...

http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1008

#3369 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Today's pinsider award winner.
I thought for a moment, it would be cool to grab that Black Rose apron and put it on my POTC. But best to leave the parts for people who really need them. I doubt it would work on a Stern anyway.

I dunno if would work on a Stern or not. I am pretty sure it would be a candidate for anyone looking to pimp out their T2 and doesnt want to toast their original apron when they apply the after market apron mod.

#3396 7 years ago

Anyone have a Joker Poker (total basketcase or shopped, don't really care) they are looking to move out? If so, let me know.

1 week later
#3453 7 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Game has been paid for and the buyer is on his way to pick it up. Thanks for the interest.

big thanks joe... this game is EXACTLY what i was looking for...

#3456 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Wait, wasn't this a Chicago For Sale/For Trade thread?

technically, i did buy it in chicago, so we're good... lol

3 weeks later
#3564 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Thx...yeah, not a huge deal, I thought it would add about an hour. Figured I would check to see if someone wanted some gas $ and was already headed that way.

When are you going to be at Expo? I haven't decided if I am going this year or not, but when I do, it is usually just for a few hours on Thursday night. If you are going to be there on Thursday, I can look at my schedule to see if I am going to make the trip out for the night and can swing by Flanks on the way down (he is only about 30 minutes east of me).

1 week later
#3621 7 years ago

I have an I.C.E. Ice Cold Beer with a bunch of extras I just listed locally.... if anyone has a couple of reasonably priced sit down racers, you have my attention.

http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1055

2 years later
#6663 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Does anyone in Chicagoland have experience shipping from the southwestern states? Favorite hauler? Or aprox. cost from out there?
I realize there are plenty of shipping threads. Was just curious if any other options than the obvious (NAVL/STI/uship).

This may be an option?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deliver-your-games-txarokcomoiaohmdtnkygaalla#post-4686092

8 months later
#7666 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why dollar bills? Have you hired a stripper to appear at the event?

After the main event is over, it is phuck around time (even though the main event is not super serious in nature). Often during phuck around time, numerous dollar games are played with whoever wants in on the sweet action.

No one will ever accuse Ballers for Dollars of being a serious league. That is where it shines

11 months later
#8494 3 years ago

Not gonna jump in the debate about fair pricing etc., I have bought from Mike before and if he had the right machine at the right price again, I would buy from him again. That being said, I am not sure how anyone gets a free pass selling on here and not expected to be called to the table for no pics and never plugging it in. The amount of time it takes to plug in a machine and snap a few pics isn't much longer than it takes to post a for sale post saying you have a machine for sale, which he did (twice it looks like, with a price increase between postings).

1 month later
#8683 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I got one but won't sell it.

You should sell that GOTG.. I know a guy...

#8708 3 years ago
Quoted from tomaszb1:

Looking for LAH or T2 for my neighbor whom I’ve hooked on pinball now. Let me know please!

chicago.craigslist.org link

4 weeks later
#8812 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Would be a pain finding a new avatar that I like as much

*Looks at username, and then looks at Avatar, and then scratches head in confusion*

Since we can't post pictures in this thread....
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/bd/12/c4bd12b2ba3b8e7803fadf6eba0c57ef.jpg

#8815 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL. That is an amazing picture...and I just might steal it! Also...how did you know that was what I've been thinking about trading XM out for?

That dang wishlist blew your cover.....

1 month later
#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Will they work on a Stern POTC? What is the difference between them and the new ColorDMD?

They will, but you will need to source the 5 volt and make the connector for it to work. These are nothing like ColorDMD, they just make your display low voltage LED instead of high voltage plasma.

3 months later
#9153 3 years ago

I am looking for a Ninja Turtles Pro or Hotwheels... Will drive for the right deal... Also have a really nice NBA Fastbreak I would trade with cash if it helps shake one. If not, I would consider selling the Fastbreak outright.

Machine - For Sale
NBA Fastbreak Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Completely tore this machine down in 2019, and it has collected dust in my basement since the restore. The basics- Full teardown, new cabinet decals, new legs/levelers, brand new ...”
2021-03-12
Sullivan, WI
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 603 times

1 month later
#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Family issues with first buyer. No response for 2 days from Shazam, so relisting.

What about this guy?

Quoted from shazam78:

I am wanting to buy a Gottlieb Force II pin. If you have one you want to sell or if you just bought and want to make a profit please message me.

Thanks

1 year later
#10248 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Been away for a bit-
I have a GTB Solar City available- was working 100% when folded up last spring. New 47s and rubbers installed. Glass, playfields and cabinet in nice condition. $625
GTB Genie working. Pascal board and rottendog power supply. New rubbers, LEDs, repro plastic set installed. Misc other extra parts. $1650
Pics available on request. No trades, no shipping, cash on the glass, preference to whomever can pick up first as I need the space.

I sent you a PM on Genie…

#10250 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I love Genie! My favorite System 1.

Me too… I bought a project one to restore and sit next to the Sinbad that is nailed to the floor. That was three years ago and it’s still a project…lol

#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I would love the Solar City but just no time to drive down there right now. Genie had an awesome backglass.

If I get a reply and it looks like a decent genie, I can grab the solar city for you and get it a little closer to you, if that helps at all.

#10258 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Been away for a bit-
I have a GTB Solar City available- was working 100% when folded up last spring. New 47s and rubbers installed. Glass, playfields and cabinet in nice condition. $625
GTB Genie working. Pascal board and rottendog power supply. New rubbers, LEDs, repro plastic set installed. Misc other extra parts. $1650
Pics available on request. No trades, no shipping, cash on the glass, preference to whomever can pick up first as I need the space.

Big thanks to Michael! Super nice guy with really nice games. A buddy and I grabbed these today. Don’t hesitate to deal with him!

#10260 1 year ago

Yessir… it’s local, so when he goes to sell I can let you know.

1 year later
#11901 80 days ago

If anyone has a Fishtales (any condition) they would like to swap out for a SWE1/RFM combo, let me know. I am looking to add one back into the lineup for the 5th and final time.

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Revenge From Mars with lots of upgrades. Still has CRT monitor with video amplifier to increase color/contrast. Full Nucore computer setup with audio amplifier and all parts. Custo...”
2024-01-29
Sullivan, WI
Trade
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 311 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 months later
#12105 26 hours ago

I have 3 alley oop skee ball machines. Dm me if interested. I am listening to all offers. Low ball me.

Are these the ones with heads you knock over?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.