FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nascarrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4469 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have one pit ticket for Iron Maiden tomorrow night. I paid $120. Will sell for $80. Just Lemmy know, thanks.

Nice! 2 of my coworkers are going tonight also....the Chicago 'cooler by the lake' effect should help cool some of those hot tempers....lol

#4475 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Im looking for a nice Fish Tales if anyone local has one. Already reached out to the For Sale ads here on Pinside. Ill be listing an incredible Scared Stiff and Ghostbusters Premium next week if anyone has interest in those. Have a good weekend, guys.

My all time fav game....one day I'll have one....working my way up the pinball ladder....lol

Good luck!

3 weeks later
#4531 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Sale Pending!PokerinoNew!Shopped “Nice condition Pokerino... PF was stripped, cleaned, new rubber and waxed a couple months ago... All LED's in GI and controlled lamps. Rebuilt power supply. Has two NOS player dis...”
15 hours ago Hampshire, IL 675 (OBO)
danczaz

Did this come form Antioch back in april?

#4541 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Nope pulled it out of some guys house moving to Florida who had it for like 20 years.

Ah- I checked out an estate sale back in april that had a super nice FT and a dead Pokerino.....

#4545 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Oh nice, I forgot about estate sales. How much were they asking for FT?

4K on the FT.......it was super clean.......but not for that price.....they had a DOA Pokerino also.....If I remember correctly, the house was in Gurnee.....

#4547 6 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Lots of action on the Chicago thread, nice! I'll add a few machines I am looking to sell/trade to shake up the collection a bit.
Roadshow: $3200. Overall in VERY nice shape, no fish wear. Some USA insert edges cracking/flaking.
Whirlwind: $2500. Full led, 7/10 condition wise. Has some playfield and cabinet wear. Ramp repair at ramp lift. Game plays great otherwise.
South Park: $3000. Extremely clean example. No flipper button wear. Could use a shop.
Pinbot: $1750. Very nice condition overall. Could use a shop. Needs lower credit display($63 at PBL)

You have some of these of FB, right? Nice clean looking machines!

1 month later
#4759 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Hey fellas, going to put a DI standard on location next week.
I have been working with High Line Bar (four Corner's Bar Association owns the bar) Which is located At Wells and Kinsey
in the City
http://highlinebarchicago.com/
They are a new Barcade I have stocked with video games, skee balls, and 5 pins AFMSE, GB pro, DI standard, TAF, AND ??? (as soon as its ready it should be the first in Chi Town) The TAf and GB came form a couple Chicago area pinsiders. thanks guys
Pincades
Jesse T

You mean 'Kinzie'

Sure- you couldn't post this LAST WEEK when I stayed downtown at the Kinzie Hotel a few blocks away Saturday night......

Totally would have spent $ on pinball!

#4760 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Anyone with a WCS or BSD interested in a Demo Man?

This just popped up for sale locally....

WCS

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/53199

#4812 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Got a few to list. Will get ads with pics up in a couple days. All 3 of these games are very nice, clean, plug n play.
Stern BDK 4500
Williams Jokerz! 2200 (early production machine #80 with near perfect playfield)
Williams Space Mission 600

PM sent on Jokerz

#4824 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Anyone got a cheap EM that needs some work for sale? I want to go to that EM repair class Nic (-who did the whole big tour)is having here in Chicagoland... thanks Dan

Dan- I don't have an EM either, so Nic will be looking at one of my SS games......

Workshop is at my work's warehouse right off I-355 & I-88 in Downers Grove. Last I spoke with Nic- he still has room for a few more peeps!

#4828 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I'll most likely be there on Saturday only... can't make Sunday for sure.. trying to find an EM

This just popped up in Edgerton.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/53416

#4852 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There's a couple crappy games at Dicks Last Resort that I'll hit when I'm desperate!

I was at Dicks a few weeks ago. So many people waiting for a table so pins weren't accessable...they looked like they needed some attention...

1 week later
#4887 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

dirty pinball at gameworks schaumburg? Just get right outta town
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/08/31/gameworks-schaumburg/

I really think some OP's don't give a rats azz about game maintenance. Went to a birthday party at the Tivoli Bowl in Downers Grove and was excited to see that they had a good sized game room with 4 pins. The POTC was the most disgustingly dirty playfield I've ever seen. Kickers above flippers weren't working.....and the super bright halogen light right above the game didn't improve game play any. Took a pic to send the OP, but haven't found out who it is yet....

#4892 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Stern BDK--SOLD
Williams Jokerz!--SOLD
Williams Space Mission--Keeping this one for now

Thanks RazerX! This Jokerz was a bit out of my price range, but I couldn't pass it up & local!

Not surprised you kept the Space Mission-great looking pf & cab on that game.

1 week later
#4927 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

exactly, he has been gone, out to burning man, and if I'm thinking right, there is no electronics out there

Hope he didn't see 'mishap' they had out there........

4 weeks later
#5075 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Anyone have a nice Spectrum backglass they want to sell and bring to Expo?

You missed one by about 3 months....found a real nice one at an estate sale in april that was used as wall art, I checked pinside and Jody in Ga was looking for one....

#5082 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I remember the ad for that one. Wasn't there a few more glasses there as well?

They had a really nice KISS backglass also....

1 month later
#5233 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I posted pictures tonight on my facebook page of about 20 or so pins that i now have available, and possibly will be delivering some to the Chicago area for a reasonable fee

*link removed by moderator*

if this post isn't allowed, my apologies, but I'm just not making 20 different ads on here currently

I'd like to see a list of games and prices also.

#5243 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

badbilly27 Thanks for the kind words. As i said in my original post, I wasn't sure if it was allowed, so i even apologized in advance. So that the link was removed is no big deal. Not sure if there is another way to put the list on here since several are over the 3k mark that requires separate ads, if there is, someone tell me without spending hours making 30 or so different ads

Lots of pins exchange hands within participants of this thread!

I might have missed it but I didn't see any prices on your FB post either........youre not that far of a drive from Chi town.....

2 weeks later
#5279 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Machine - For Sale
Guns N' RosesNew!Partially shopped/refurbished “Pretty nice GnR. Cab colors are nice and bright.
100% working, clean, and plays great. NVRAM installed.
Upgraded stronger shooter lane coil to help get it up the ramp.
No topp...”
51 minutes ago Chicago, IL 5,500
RazerX

Buy with confidence from RazerX -great seller!

Now if I could just get him to sell me his FT............lol

1 week later
#5346 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Jim does some awesome restoration work. I believe he used to do stuff for the old Home Arcade Co.

Was this the place in Lisle off of Ogden & Main St?

#5349 6 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

There were 2 places in Lisle. Home Arcade Coporation ran by Paul, and LM Amusements run by Larry. Both have closed.

That's what I thought......visited them a few times before I started collecting....

3 weeks later
#5474 6 years ago

Anyone have any interest in a BW100? It's not beat down like a lot of them are.....pm for details..

Thanks-

Rey

#5477 6 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Just curious if any pinsiders picked up the Pinch Hitter at the estate sale in Naperville on Friday? It was too far for me, but I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Someone got it early in the day-they updated their pics Friday afternoon and that had a 'sold' banner on it........

#5491 6 years ago

BW100 for sale.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Blackwater 100 Archived
Functional - needs minor work - “Survivor BW100. Cab is in great shape-no decal fade. Playfield also is in great shape (1 loose post). 1 broken playfield plastic (the one over the multi-ball start gate-see pic). L...”
2018-02-21
Downers Grove, IL
2,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 770 times
Contributed to Pinside

4 months later
#6070 5 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Machine - For Sale
Fish TalesUsed - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Clean FT completely shopped and all LED. New color dmd. Plays great. Minor fish wear and some cabinet fade but not horrible. Still packed from my move but can set it up if local an...”
2 days ago Elburn, IL 3,400 (OBO)
etnfrd67

sorry for the crappy pictures but it is still packed from move I will try to get it together this weekend for better pics.

Just went to St Louis to pick up a FT a month ago......right around the same price also..... GLWS.

#6072 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Congrats on finally picking up your FT Rey! Great game!

Thanks! I'm sure you're glad I wont be bothering you about selling me your FT anymore...lol

1 month later
#6187 5 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Initial out-of-town Big Guns buyer backed out, still selling both Big Guns and Spanish Eyes.
chicago.craigslist.org link
chicago.craigslist.org link

PM sent on big Guns also.

4 weeks later
2 months later
#6507 5 years ago

They have over 600+ games now.

For me-its like stepping back in time to the late 70's....walking into an arcade full of machines!

#6510 5 years ago

I took NicoVolta there during his North American tour and introduced him to Doc.

Nic was impressed with some of the rare titles Doc has there.

#6512 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I would love to know what Galloping Ghost's electric bill is each month. That place is insane.
Can't wait for the pinball room.. they used to have more pins in the back but they were all in disrepair. When I asked about that they said they really didn't have anyone on staff that knew how to fix them so they got neglected and eventually pulled out. Hopefully now with the proper expansion they will get the right people to keep them clean and up and running.
If you're in that area though for Galloping Ghost and want a pinball fix, I definitely recommend Brixies which is close by. They keep their machines in perfect shape and have a nice selection they rotate in and out. (plus a killer beer selection).

It does get 'steamy' in there during the summer with all those machines running.

I usually take a 'beverage' break when im at the ghost and head to Brixies.

3 months later
#7082 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Anyone know of/have a Gorgar they are looking to part with?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/75902

One just went up for sale...

2 weeks later
#7161 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've played that Luci. It is indeed minty fresh. Seller's a total prick, though.
j/k, RazerX is awesome, buy his game!

+1 for an awesome seller!

3 weeks later
#7212 5 years ago

Got my first Pinside pin in this thread.

The St Louis thread is where I found my FT.

Maybe make a donation?

2 months later
#7431 4 years ago

Wow an 'ethics' discussion on Pinside….who'd have thought? Some people have it and some never will....

1 week later
#7463 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can any one recommend a reliable tech who services the western suburbs? Not to be offensive, but some one who will actually schedule time to come out and do work. Seems like no one wants to come out here.
This is for my bro-in-law. He has a Strange Science he wants heavily shopped, LEDs, Remote battery, flippers rebuilt, and there were some left over mods from a previous owner he wanted input on hooking up possibly. Whatever else you recommend as well. He has cash and is ready to schedule some one to come out. We are both out near Waubonsie High School off Eola Road for reference. He is looking for an in-house tech to come work. The game is a PITA to get into his office on the second floor. You wont want to move it, trust me.
He has contacted a few guys who I have heard (and told him) are solid, and they respond once and then never schedule him. Hes very frustrated, and I can understand why. I would help him do the work, but I have my own games to manage and I have a baby incoming any day now. Any help is appreciated.

Gavin's game service.

https://www.facebook.com/GavinsGameService/

He's in Scahaumburg. Had him come out a few weeks ago and he did an excellent job. He worked so fast, carries replacement parts on his truck, it was amazing to watch.....flipper rebuild on my FT , some board work on my EK for the chimes, more board work on my Gorgar….. getting ready to have him come out again. Highly recommended. He's usually very busy, but hell get er done.

#7477 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone have any interest, or know someone who may have an interest in a free toy kitchen set. It's in great shape, and comes with a bunch of pots, pans, plates, food, etc ... I was about to take it to Goodwill, but I figured I'd check here first.

Other - For Sale

FREE - Toy Kitchen

New!

“Comes with a bunch of pots, pans, plates, food, etc ...”

11 minutes ago

Northbrook, IL

gweempose

Nice gesture! I donated my daughters Dora's kitchen set to an underprivileged family via the Firebelly foundation. I actually volunteered with my daughter at the event...the look on the girls faces that took it home was priceless.....my daughter noticed that also....life lesson.....

It took Gavin a while to set up an appointment, but the wait was worth it..hope he didn't mind me picking his brain while he was working...lol

#7494 4 years ago

I've been eyeing that No Fear for a while also.....hes dropped the price a couple times already (think it was originally listed at $3000??). Just haven't been able to convince myself to make another road trip to St Louis (that's were I got my FT).

#7503 4 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Plainfield is alot closer than St Louis

Machine - For Sale

No Fear: Dangerous Sports

Partially shopped/refurbished “Machine is in good condition and plays as it should.
Flames on the cabinet are bright, little to no fade.

Contact me for additional information”

4 days ago

Plainfield, IL

3,200 (Firm)

ltd73

I've been eyeing yours also...looks super nice!

1 month later
#7699 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Which one of you all got to that Pin-bot at the estate sale in Clarendon Hills? Looked in pretty nice shape!

Whomever did got it for $1000..at the beginning of the sale...looked super clean..nice job!

2 months later
#7861 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Neat promo display also!

I thought the same thing!

Every estate sale is different.... they want you to show up-ive had my offer accepted on the first day (got an EK & a BW 100-they must have liked the motorcycle theme), although on the first day they usually want full price...and they wont tell you what that is until the sale starts......theyre hit or miss....

2 months later
#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Laser Cue is the shit! The artwork is insane. Someone must've been high as hell when they came up with space Vikings playing pool on a round metal table. Just insanity. The layout is a fun shooter, and the combination of the scissor flippers at the bottom, and the upper flipper makes it an exciting game.
I rebuilt all the flippers on mine and it plays great now.

Some times I wonder how much pinball art was conceived 'under the influence'...….lol

2 weeks later
#8075 4 years ago
Quoted from vegasplayer:

The Hydro Thunders have been claimed. Thanks.

Love me some Hydro-Thunder!

8 months later
#8827 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

Ok which one of you guys got the high speed listed on Facebook. It was listed for 1500 and she said you got her parents down to 1200. She also said you were rude to her parents and refused to wear a mask when you were asked. Dude that was a good deal at 1500 and then to be rude to her parent and not wear a mask especially around the elderly. A new low on buying a pinball. I’m sure it will show up from a flipper and probably won’t even fix the problems or shop it

A new low from a flipper.....

3 weeks later
#8877 3 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Gavin at Gavins game service

+1 for Gavin.

Great service, very knowledgeable!

3 months later
#9116 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is this the one from that estate sale in Hinsdale a couple years ago?

I thought that one was picked up by some one from downstate if my memory serves me correctly.

3 weeks later
#9176 3 years ago

Congrats Troy!

1 month later
#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Any issues with it being shipped with the legs on it? I usually take them off

I sold a BW 100 to a pinsider in Denver, he arranged shipping. When he told me to ship it this way, I was skeptical. I removed balls from game and taped the key under where I shrink wrapped the head to the game. I was told to leave legs on. Shipping company showed up and carried it out to their truck and loaded it with the power liftgate. This was the first time I sold a pin this way and took pics to CMA. It made it to Denver in 1 piece!

10 months later
#10075 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

I noticed there's a thread about 7 months old about tech repair in the area and the recommended names were Galvin (http://gavinsgameservice.com/cms/) and Rick (http://www.ricksgamerepair.com/) Do people here still vouch for them?
Has anyone here had any experience with these guys below (good / bad / fake)?
https://mwpinball.com/
http://homeamusements.net/citys.html
http://www.chicagopinball.com/
Much Appreciated

Another +1 for Gavin.

Had him out a few years ago for a flipper rebuild on my FT and he did some board work on my Gorgar.
Worked quickly and efficiently. He knew exactly what needed to be done and knocked it out quickly.

I have not used Rick, bet see some of his posts on Facecrook, looks like he does good work.

1 year later
#11376 8 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:Anyone else find it weird that the World’s Pinball Mecca is a ghost town for selling/trading pins ? WI\MN has got it going on .Alien LV (won’t find a sweeter one and playing 100% for 1/2 year )still up ,looking to sell or a trade with 3/4 k coming my way .Lmk ,not desperate at all ,just want something new and would like new recliners for our basement

A lot of deals happen in private.
And like yancy stated- many sell without ever being publically posted.

Just picked this up from a mamber who posted in this thread last week.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/161914

Thanks vegasplayer !

Been on my wl for a while and voila- 1 pops up 3 miles away!
I don't think I will ever buy a pin closer to my house than this one!
He had a super clean Millionaire that sold to someone from Detroit.

1 month later
#11508 7 months ago

I was at Riot Fest last weekend and the Logan Square Arcade had a tent full of pins and video games-all set on free play.
4 FF pins on free play!

3 locations- closest to Millenium Park is the Fulton Market location.

https://www.emporiumarcadebar.com/locations/chicago/fulton-market/

Not sure if pin lineup in virtual tour is current.

1 week later
#11565 6 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

Post-chicago trip report...
The deep dish at Giordano's and Lou Malnati's were both quite good. Different, but I'd give a slight edge to Lou's.
Logan Arcade was even better than expected. Very cool spot with an excellent mix of games. I think Pulp Fiction might get old eventually, but it is definitely a cool game.
Headquarters Beercade was an unexpected surprise. ~20 immaculate modern games ALL ON FREE PLAY!? I'm not sure if it is always this way, but I really was able to get my feet wet on Venom.
Topped off the trip with a show at Second City, a Potbelly's sandwich, and some Garrett's popcorn.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions - your help made it a great trip. Fortunately, didn't have any malort!

Ah you avoided the 'Chicago Handshake'!
Glad you enjoyed your time in the city.
Next time- you need to make the trip out to the Galloping Ghost in Brookfield.
They have a seperate pinball location-
https://gallopingghostpinball.com/
But you have to see the video game collection a few blocks west.
https://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

1 month later
#11718 5 months ago
Quoted from nacdale:

Just got my 1st machine to fix up. Got an Evel Knievel from an estate sale in my neighborhood. Its been fun so far. Its amazing how much people let these machines go.
If anyone ever comes across an Indianapolis 500 machine. Please pass it on!!

Congrats! Welcome to the sickness! lol
Now there are 2 EK in DG!
My first purchase was also an EK from an estate sale!

#11731 5 months ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Had no idea there were so many of us in DG!

Theres quite a few Pinsiders out this way!

1 month later
#11865 3 months ago

Welcome SlapDrain!

Quoted from yancy:

Welcome! You'll be near a great operator in that neck of the woods, which means you'll be a short drive from a bunch of his locations. If you like craft beer, you're in for a treat.

Most of us know who that is! lol
Made my first local purchase from him! La Grange Park must be where all the cool kids live!
Also check out the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield-one of the largest collection of video games in the world- they also have a seperate building a few blocks east for their pinball machines. Very close to your new home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nascarrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.