FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

385 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gweempose. You are on page 1 of 2.
#95 9 years ago

I have a Farfalla that I might be willing to trade for the right System 11.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Oh man you can't get rid of that, it's a rare GEM!

I love Farfalla, but there are a couple System 11s that I really want such as Space Station and Diner.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Gweem whats your asking price on Farfalla?

Hmm. I'd have to think about it. I threw it out there as potential trade bait, and I'm honestly not sure what the current market is on them.

1 week later
1 week later
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Sounds like you are upset by this yet I have no idea why!

What makes you think he was upset? It sounded to me like he was just curious.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you both agree to back out of the auction, nobody gets charged fees. That's why it happens so often.

Exactly. It doesn't cost them anything to have their friend shill bid.

2 weeks later
#317 9 years ago

I have five or six sheets of slightly used standard size glass that I will happily give away for free.

2 weeks later
#377 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Theres a fire! in Milwaukee for $1500

It's on the Milwaukee craigslist, but it looks like it's in Green Bay, a couple hours north.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I have a Stern HD for sale ...

Now there's a pin that you almost never see. They must not have made a lot of them. Only 18 Pinsiders list one in their collection. I've never played one. Is it any fun? You would think they would be popular with Harley enthusiasts.

#430 9 years ago

Screw taxis. Uber is where all the action is at!

3 weeks later
#511 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Not sure if any of you guys use Facebook, but I just started a page dedicated to selling and trading of pinball machines, parts, and services for the Midwest region. Please check it out and give it a like if you are interested. Thanks!

Midwest Pinball Trading Post: https://www.facebook.com/midwestPTP

That's pretty cool. It may even get me to join Facebook ...

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Cant remember what an sof is?

SoF = pure awesomeness!

#531 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why are you letting it go then? You do have some kick ass games in your collection, but if it was me. Airborne Avenger would be gone before SOF would even be close to the door.

???

I sold my SoF a couple years ago.

#535 9 years ago

Anyone have a nice HUO Metallica they are willing to part with?

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what are you getting rid of in it's place? Did you get to expand to the big room?

I'll have to sell something, but I'm not sure what yet. Possibly Farfalla. The problem is I love all my games. I still only have two pins in the big room for now (SC and WPT). Any more than that, and I may be sleeping on the couch.

#540 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

You looking for a pro or premium?

Probably a pro. I just don't think I want to spend premium kind of money right now. I suppose I would consider a premium if one came along at the right price. What are nice condition used pros going for these days?

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I know this is off the thread topic....Is there any pinball league in the chi burbs?

Contact Joe (toyotaboy). He runs the Illinois Pinball Club ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/toyotaboy/contact

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This is WAY off topic, but I wondered if you guys could help.

I have had drainage issues at my home since I bought it. The sump pump line and the gutters were all draining onto the brick patio that the previous owners put in. I have been dealing with drain tile likes all over the place for the last few years now to keep the water off the patio, but the time has some to have some one come in and tear up my yard to do it right. Does any one have an recommendations of a company to do this? I have been on Angie's list, but its hard to pin down a company that ONLY does drainage. Most seem to do landscaping and drainage is secondary.

Any help is appreciated.

There are two main companies in the Chicago area that specialize in drainage. They are U.S. Waterproofing and Perma-Seal. I would suggest giving them both a call and getting some estimates.

1 week later
#581 9 years ago

I was just at Golf Mill a couple of weeks ago. It's seriously the saddest, most pathetic arcade I've ever been in. I used to play Mortal Kombat there back in the day, but now it's literally not even worth stepping in to. And don't even bother calling about the pins. They are all beat to shit. I wouldn't even buy the T2 and No Fear as a package deal for $2,800.

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If your buying a package deal of T2 and No Fear, you shouldn't even be in the 2800 price range anyway. 2 faded heavily routed games like that. You should be offering $1700 for the pair or less. Going to take a ton of work, time and parts to get them to presentable condition. If the cabinets are beat to shit, they will take even more. 2800 would be to much for those games routed regardless.

That was my point. He's asking more for one than the two are worth together. He's so far off the market it's ridiculous.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

He wanted $2800 each? Someone is dipping into the crack pipe.

Yep.

T2.PNGT2.PNG No Fear.PNGNo Fear.PNG
#603 9 years ago
Quoted from Al:

MNF, Chicago area, 1500

Now there's a game that you just don't see come up for sale very often. In fact, I've never played one. It is any fun?

#614 9 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

The Niles guy has a few locations. He's got an Attack from Mars at one location that has been out of order for over a year. Well worn cabinet and playfield, DMD almost dead. Just sitting there taking up space. I inquired about it being for sale. "Absolutely not, they don't make 'em like that anymore". I reply "but it's just taking up space not working". "I will get it fixed". Oh well.

Are you talking about the one by the Bunny Hutch?

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

What's currently for sale/trade guys? I'm playing with moving my WW and might be convinced to move my RG or XMen.

With TWD LE on the way, I'm going to have to sell something. You interested in anything in my collection?

#636 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Don't suppose the congo is up for grabs?

Got six grand burning a hole in your pocket?

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Um no, but it is a SWEET looking congo you have, I won't deny that.

Thanks! I'm not looking to get rid of Congo at this time. I still enjoy playing it too much. That's the problem. Most of my games I simply love too much to get rid of. The only ones that I would consider selling right now would probably be Farfalla, Airborne and I500, but it would take a lot to get me to part with I500.

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Hmmm...I like you're Airborne, I500 and Shadow too.

I'm afraid Shadow is not on the table.

1 week later
#657 9 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Yes, that one. Have you checked it out recently? Working yet?

My brother was just there with my nephew over the weekend. Unfortunately, he didn't pay any attention to the pins. He did say that the golf course was in really nice shape. I haven't been there in a long time. They must have put some money into it.

2 weeks later
#747 9 years ago

It's like T2 and T3, but even better ...

#752 9 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

What's a restored and cleared tz playfield worth?

Is it a regular production playfield, or early sample?

#763 9 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'd say it's a regular production

Darn. If it was a sample I may have been interested.

#779 9 years ago

I have a Farfalla for sale if anyone is interested. Thought I would give the Chicago people first crack at it before listing it.

#782 9 years ago

You guys know of any one servicing gottlieb system 1 thats reliable?

Have you reached out to Gavin?

1 month later
#898 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

worth seeing if I can help anyone out in chitown area...
Sorry for short notice but sometimes things line up... I will be driving up to twin cities area of MN and have room to transport 1 game. I am leaving early in the morning on Sat so you would need to get the game you need transported to me tonight.

That's a really nice gesture.

1 week later
#925 9 years ago

I have some games potentially for sale:

Farfalla
I500
Airborne
Congo

The last three are in exceptional condition and I will only let go for top dollar. If you are looking for a bargain or a "players" machine, these are not for you. I am also not interested in trades at this time.

1 week later
#985 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

X-Men Wolvy LE has been sold pending pick up over holidays to very cool out of state buyer. My Chicago thread let me down.

Congrats! I know you had a few deals fall through on that game.

1 month later
#1022 9 years ago
Quoted from Aicfuel:

Any EM or SS pins available locally?

Any interest in a Farfalla?

#1028 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Any chance you are looking to part with WPT?

Afraid not. One of my faves!

1 week later
#1056 9 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

$5900 HUO Metallica Premium Monsters with shaker and uninstalled NIB Cliffy's.

What does the "Monsters" version look like? Does someone have a link?

#1058 9 years ago

Thanks. So is that the premium they came out with after the fact to satiate all the people that were pissed off because they couldn't get a MOPLE?

2 months later
#1245 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yet, there are still people driving slow as shit that you can't get around.

Not me. I once got clocked on I55 going 127 mph. Not one of my brighter moments.

#1264 8 years ago

There is no law preventing you from passing a left turner on the right. You just aren't allowed to pass someone on the shoulder.

#1282 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no law preventing you from passing a left turner on the right. You just aren't allowed to pass someone on the shoulder.

Quoted from calvin12:

According to the cop who stopped me there is.

This is taken straight from page 25 of the Illinois 2015 Rules of the Road book ...

You may pass on the right (but not on the shoulder except for authorized vehicles):

• When you have enough room on a two-lane roadway, and when the vehicle you are passing is making or is about to make a left turn.
• On a one-way street or on a roadway with two or more clear lanes in each direction.
• At an intersection widened for this purpose.

https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_a112.pdf

#1315 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Frontline arcade

When that game first came out, I was so addicted to it.

#1322 8 years ago
Quoted from VirtualKorean:

Didn't Ikari Warriors also use a push/pull spinner?

Ikari Warriors used a rotating joystick, but you couldn't push/pull it.

#1335 8 years ago

Anyone have a nice MAME for sale?

#1345 8 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Rick is really great with fixing pinballs, and I also own one of his 4 player MAME machines. It's pricey, but it's legit and has every game imaginable on it. Unfortunately, I bought mine a good time ago, and I've still got a crummy TV monitor in it instead of an LCD screen.

He doesn't seem to have any information about his MAME machines on his website. I'd love to see some pictures of his work.

Edit: Never mind. I just realized that I've played Rick's MAME's many times at people's houses. I don't think I've seen one of his newer LCD models, though.

#1356 8 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I'm not sure why there's not one of these already, but a group has been started on Facebook for Chicagoland pinball and arcade people. Hoping for general location stuff, chatter, etc. If you have things for sale, you may wanna crosspost there as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicagopinballandarcade/

Thanks for the heads-up. I just put in a request to join. You're the admin, right?

#1360 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Hi Guys. Would any of you be available Saturday afternoon/evening or early Sunday to help me move a machine? I bought a Banzai Run off of a family friend and it is in the basement, and unfortunately my brother in law had a back injury and is no longer able to help. I have never moved a Banzai but read up on some videos and it looks straightforward...just heavy. I have a dolly, just need some muscle. I will probably be renting a truck as well as I don't think it will fit in my Ford Explorer.. unless it is on its' side. The machine is near Barrington/Palatine. Let me know and I'll pay for your time!

Just be careful when you move that sucker. Here is a cautionary tale ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-i-did-the-unthinkable

#1370 8 years ago

I'd be afraid of an Escalera, but that Lectrotruck does seem way safer for your average person to use.

#1372 8 years ago

Why does that Lectrotruck video seem like it was made in the 70's?

#1382 8 years ago

I'm looking for a Space Station.

#1397 8 years ago

I ended up giving my rear projection set away. It was a 60" Sony XBR SXRD. There just isn't much of a market for deep sets like that these days.

#1399 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Isn't that crazy? What once cost well over a grand, you can barely give away these days

When I think about how much money I've blown on tech that became obsolete, it practically sickens me. I paid well over 5 grand for that rear projection XBR. I think I paid about $2,300 for my first flat screen, and it was only 22". And don't even get me started on laser discs ... Believe it or not, I paid over $1,000 for my first portable DVD player. It was worth it, though. You should have seen the looks I got from people on airplanes.

#1411 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I still have one of these, almost 10 years old, lamp is about to go (I've noticed the picture has dimmed quite a bit of late)

Mine was very dim when I finally got rid of it. I was on the original bulb, and I had watched the crap out of it over the years. I was fortunate that I never had the green blob issues that plagued so many of them. It was an awesome set. I bought it when it first came out. At the time, the picture quality blew away pretty much anything else out there with the exception of the really high end front projectors. I remember the first time I fired the thing up in my basement. I was simply blown away by the black levels. There wasn't a flat screen on the market that could touch it back then.

1 week later
1 month later
#1588 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Still looking for an Indy 500.

You know where to find one, you just don't want to pay up ...

1 week later
#1608 8 years ago

I was talking to a local op the other day, and he said he will soon be acquiring a HUO Bally Playboy and a HUO Bally Eight Ball. He plans on selling them. I have no idea what kind of condition the games are in or how much the guy will be asking for them, but if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to forward you his information.

1 week later
#1638 8 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Still looking for a tommy i500 wwfrr demo man or tftc if anyone is selling.

My I500 is still available.

1 week later
#1646 8 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

Toying around w/ the idea of trading my Metallica Pro for a Walking Dead Pro...would anyone in the area be interested? Pin is in great condition, fully LED'd & a few mods (snake fangs, tongue decal, fluorescent plastic protectors, mezel speaker mods & a couple Laserriffic guitars)

I see you have I500 on your wishlist. Perhaps we can work out a Metallica/I500 trade.

2 weeks later
#1710 8 years ago

In case anyone is interested, there is an estate sale in Glencoe this weekend. Looks like they have a couple pins, an EM gun game, and an EM shuffle bowler ...

http://www.estatesales.net/IL/Glencoe/60022/886878

Wizard_1.jpgWizard_1.jpg
Wizard_2.jpgWizard_2.jpg
Blue_Ribbon_1.jpgBlue_Ribbon_1.jpg
Blue_Ribbon_2.jpgBlue_Ribbon_2.jpg
Blue_Ribbon_3.jpgBlue_Ribbon_3.jpg
Gun_Game.jpgGun_Game.jpg
Shuffle_Bowler.jpgShuffle_Bowler.jpg

1 week later
#1747 8 years ago

LMAO!!! Someone needs to get these two together. Maybe the guy looking for the hot tub will give you the SF2 as a finder's fee?

1 week later
#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Looking to sell Transformers Le Combo.

You didn't happen to buy it from a guy in Indiana?

3 weeks later
#1806 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

My gosh. If I had a TWD, I wouldn't be able to give it up fast enough for any WH20, let alone one this nice! Wow. You sure you want to trade that thing? Gorgeous.

I had a WH2O, and it's one of the few games I sold that I really miss. That being said, TWD has become one of my favorite games of all time. It's just amazingly fun!

#1809 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Will be putting up my nice creature for trade soon.

How nice of a Creature?

#1822 8 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

BTW, Im feeling like its time to reduce my collection by 1 and also change my collection up a little. SM and Wh20 (still love it after all these years, thanks Gweem) aren't going anywhere, but the others are on the table.

Glad you're still enjoying it after all this time. I was just playing Bill's last night, and it reminded me of how much fun the game is. There are few things in pinball more satisfying than pulling off the 5X multiball stack and then nailing all three Insanity Falls shots.

1 month later
#1879 8 years ago

Anyone have an XMLE they are looking to get rid of?

2 weeks later
#1902 8 years ago

Anyone interested in trading a MET Premium for a super nice Congo or TSPP?

1 week later
#1947 8 years ago

I put an ad in the market looking to trade my Congo for a MET premium. While MET premium is still my first choice, I'm now willing to consider other games as well. If anyone is looking for a restored Congo with unfaded original artwork and a clearcoated playfield, shoot me a PM.

Congo_1.jpgCongo_1.jpg

Congo_3.jpgCongo_3.jpg

Congo_4.jpgCongo_4.jpg

Congo_6.jpgCongo_6.jpg

Congo_16.jpgCongo_16.jpg

Congo_17.jpgCongo_17.jpg

Congo_20.jpgCongo_20.jpg

#1975 8 years ago

Looking for a nice Pinball Magic.

#1987 8 years ago

Looking for a HUO Met pro. I can pay cash, or I also have some nice machines I can trade for it such as Congo, TSPP, WPT and Farfalla.

3 weeks later
#2083 8 years ago

I'd help you if my back wasn't already fu**ed. That's why I don't buy and sell games nearly as often as I used to.

#2102 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Sorry, not being sarcastic but what's an iso list?

Quoted from Whysnow:

In search of list or a wish list

Thanks for the clarification! I thought is was some kind of Tron: Legacy reference ...

#2137 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Lol, downvoted for correcting someone who was mistaken? People take voting way too seriously.

The fact that you are reacting to it would indicate that you take it somewhat seriously as well ...

1 week later
#2199 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Kinda want Gweem's Congo

You should come by and play it. If you like it, I'm sure we can work something out.

1 week later
#2226 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I also finally found my Creech!

Congrats! Now don't forget to update your collection.

#2232 8 years ago

You obviously haven't seen the stairs to his basement ...

#2299 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wernt' all the playfields screened?

I assume he meant it has a screened cabinet, as opposed to the later runs that had decals.

#2314 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey Chicago pinheads... Since we are on the topic of tickets, I am a big Phish fan and they are playing at Wrigley this summer. Tickets will likely be near impossible to get fields. Anyone have any hookups to help a guy out? I figure it is worth asking before the official on sale happens.
Will likely be my 99th and 100th show and I cant think of a better place to see my favorite band for the momentus life occasion than inside the friendly confines of Wrigley. Hoping to get 4 fields for each night.

Wrigley Field is easily my favorite place to see concerts. I can't think of a better venue to see Phish.

#2335 8 years ago

I think I know one of the girls in that bottom photo!

3 weeks later
#2422 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Yeah that asshole has been getting everything and flipping it... Top it of I worked out a deal with that dirt bag on a pin recently and then let's me know he got a better offer after he said it was mine... (Really wanted pin) and said I would beat this so called offer by $50 and said he couldn't sell it to me now... Dick head... If I didn't like other people in the community I would be posting fake ads with with number.... But maybe some people seeking comfort CL ads with his number is coming his way... Ummm sorry for rant.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Same with me! I had a deal with him made, he told me it was mine. I gave him an exact time I would be there. He turns around and changes his CL ad to the price we agreed on and states pricing is for today only. I call him out on it and he gives me some bullshit answer. I told him he said it was mine as long as I showed up at our agreed time. He goes, "Oh, I would have let you know if I sold it to someone else" I gave him a few choice words and told him to sell it to someone else, I don't do business like that.

Is this guy on Pinside? If so, I'd like to know his name so I can avoid doing business with him.

1 week later
#2534 7 years ago

Just a reminder to everyone in the area that I have both a ROM burner and a rivet press. I'm happy to offer both services for free to all local pinheads.

#2536 7 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Anyone have any suggestions for a local guy who does nice powder coating? Also what should I expect to pay?

Check with Matt over at Back Alley Creations. I'm not sure what he charges, but he's a good dude that does excellent work.

#2569 7 years ago

I had both a WOZ and an AC/DC premium. I really liked AC/DC. WOZ, not so much.

#2573 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

didn't like woz, or didn't like repairing issues?

Issues aside, I didn't particularly care for the game play. It was a beautiful looking machine, but it bored me. I've only spent a limited amount of time on Hobbit, but I'm already getting that same vibe from it. I've owned TSPP less than a year, and it will probably me my next pin to go. All three of those games have phenomenal rulesets, and yet they just don't do it for me. I guess I'm just not a fan of Balcer's designs.

#2576 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Um sounds to me you are correctly describing boring pins.

They are boring to me, but I wouldn't necessarily say they are intrinsically not fun. WOZ and TSPP are both in the top 20, so obviously a lot of people enjoy playing them. They're just not my cup of tea.

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Thanks, had him do my Monopoly and TFTC both turned out great!

Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics.

#2596 7 years ago

I love that green color on TFTC! Quick question. How do you tighten those painted bolts without ruining the finish?

#2637 7 years ago

Jim,

Any interest in a gorgeous TSPP?

#2646 7 years ago

I've always wanted a shuffleboard, and that one does look really nice. I just don't have any place for it to go. You really need a long straight wall for it to go against.

3 weeks later
#2757 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

A friend just contacted me today looking for an Addams Family Pinball machine. Just remodeled his basement and really wants to add one pin - so not a collector. Asked me to help so he doesn't get ripped off.
Anyone who has a nice Addams please PM me.

Your friend should strongly consider a nice TSPP ....

#2769 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Looking for a TMNT.

Gonna re-theme it to Angel?

#2780 7 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

Met pro, HUO original no leds, excellent condition. 4,500

Any mods or upgrades? That's close to what NIB ones are going for.

#2782 7 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

No mods or upgrades, but also no metal back box or surface mounted led either. So you are free to led the game the way you want and some people prefer an all wood back box. If not, then order one NIB and enjoy.

The new MET pros that Stern is currently running don't have LED boards. They have the same standard sockets as your game. You are correct about the metal backbox, though.

#2787 7 years ago

That's a beautiful looking MET. Should sell fast. Good luck with the sale!

#2825 7 years ago
Quoted from Vince_Giannini:

Out of Order has a Game of Thrones Premium for sale.

Who or what is "Out of Order"?

#2828 7 years ago

Okay guys, I'm officially putting my TSPP up for sale. I thought I'd list it here first and give the locals a shot at it before placing an ad in the market place. I'm asking $5,500 OBO for it.

It's a HUO example in amazing condition. The playfield is perfect, other than a little chipping in the black paint in the shooter lane. I covered it with Cliffy protectors on both sides to avoid any further damage. The backbox and cabinet look virtually brand new. Translite is perfect. No flipper button wear at all. I just shopped the game, so it's clean as a whistle. It also includes about $1,000 in mods and upgrades:

ColorDMD (an absolute must with this game)
Color changing speaker lights with nuclear acrylic inserts
Purple illuminated flipper buttons
Full custom LEDs (probably my best LED job to date)
LED OCD controller board (for smooth, incandescent-like fading of the LEDs)
Full set of ramp protectors + Itchy & Scratchy hole protector
Couch lock reinforcement bracket
NVRAM battery eliminator
Slingshot plastic protectors
All black posts sleeves replaced with custom colored post sleeves
All rubbers replaced with custom colored Titan Competition Silicone rings

Here's a link to some playfield photos ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/21#post-2642929

The game has been upgraded to the latest software and plays perfectly. It's honestly one of the nicest TSPPs you will come across.

TSPP_#1_(resized).JPGTSPP_#1_(resized).JPG
TSPP_#2_(resized).JPGTSPP_#2_(resized).JPG
TSPP_#3_(resized).JPGTSPP_#3_(resized).JPG
TSPP_#4_(resized).JPGTSPP_#4_(resized).JPG

#2830 7 years ago

Nice! Ive been trying to get a guy at work to buy a TSPP for a long time. Very nice example. Hes a total noob, so you may have to coach him a bit. I will let you know.

You guys are welcome to swing by any time to check it out. You really have to see it in person to appreciate how nice it is.

#2836 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

holy crap. Is that an actual open space I see? Didn't know you ever have one of those.

I sold my Congo a while ago and ordered a NIB MET pro to take its place. I've been waiting for the MET for 3 months now.

#2855 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Don't you already have a Devil riders?

He was simply pointing to his for sale thread and seeing if anyone local wants to possibly trade for it.

#2856 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Anyone else see the ToM on eBay? Buy it Now price is $3000. No details other than "smoke free home" and cabinet in nice shape. Located in Arlington Heights. Seller is new, no feedback.
Thoughts?

Was it pulled? I just searched for it and couldn't find it.

3 weeks later
#2940 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What the hell is going on in that translite?

I don't know, but it's f***ing awesome!!!

#2948 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Not even as a video game manufacturer? they made Arkanoid.

Not to mention a rather insignificant little game called Space Invaders ....

Taito actually made some of my all time favorites such as Space Dungeon, Front Line, Qix, Zoo Keeper, and Elevator Action.

1 week later
#2991 7 years ago
Quoted from Crazypinball8509:

Yes we bought the Medusa in Illinois

And was it "like new"?

#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from jho159:

Just in case anyone was wondering, the Black Spiderman in Peoria for 2K is a scam.

I wish you would have told me this before I sent the guy an envelope of cash and my Social Security number ...

#3025 7 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

So which one of you wiseguys dumped a couple of Black Hole & Mars:God of War heads behind the YMCA in Northbrook?

Not me, but the YMCA is two minutes from my house.

#3036 7 years ago

I'm with badbilly. I've never driven more than two hours one way for a pin, and I never plan to.

#3040 7 years ago

I had a guy out in California that wanted to buy my TOTAN. He was willing to drive all the way out here to get it. I talked him out of it. This was when gas prices were near their highs. It seemed crazy to me that he was willing to spend all that time and money just to grab a TOTAN. If it was a BBB or some other rare game, that would have been a different story. In that case, I could understand wanting to pick it up yourself instead of having it shipped.

3 weeks later
#3118 7 years ago

Is anyone interested in purchasing an LED DMD that I just pulled out of a MET? It's basically brand new, as I recently unboxed the game. I also have a couple fully working used plasma DMDs.

#3120 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveD:

I would be interested in a plasma so long as it works with a POTC. Mine is in the beginning stages of out gassing.

I will check out the ones I have to make sure they aren't outgassing. As far as what to charge you for it, I honestly don't even know what a fair price for one is these days.

#3138 7 years ago

I have a perfect condition MET pro translite that I just pulled out of the game if anyone is interested.

Edit: SOLD

#3149 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not really in the market for an X-Men but that seems like a pretty damn good price for an LE! GLWS.

In my opinion, XMLE remains one of the best bargains out there. I simply don't get why they sell for so cheap. The game is loaded with toys, has a great ruleset, and features one of the best art packages in all of pinball.

#3152 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It seems most people find it pretty boring to play relative many of the newer Sterns and I would agree. It feels clunky in overall gameplay compared to newer games.

I don't find it boring at all. It has fun shots, and a deep challenging ruleset. I own a Tron LE, TWDLE, and STLE. XMLE holds up well when directly compared to any of those titles. I think the game is a real bargain, even if you compare it against the premium versions of those games. The only other modern Stern that I think offers a bigger bang for the buck is Met pro, and I own one of those also.

#3164 7 years ago

I have a brand new Pinball Refinery TWD "Bicycle Girl" mod for sale if anyone local is interested.

#3195 7 years ago

I have a brand new Pinball Refinery Bicycle Girl mod for sale. They normally go for $45, but it can be yours today for the low low price of $30 ....

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Bicycle-Girl-Lighting-mod-for-TWDLE/p/44023648/category=10465426

#3201 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Selling a few games if anyone is interested.
Original Kiss $3,500
Harley Davidson Bally 3k
Cigarette Vending Machine $1,950
Pm for details I can send you plenty of pictures.

Just a reminder. The new rules dictate that you must create a market place ad for any game over $3k. Once the ad is made, you can embed a direct link to it in a post on this or any other regional for sale thread. Thanks!

#3226 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Let's see how this embed thing works ...

If Hilton can figure it out, anybody can ....

#3230 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Good to see there's been a lot of trading and selling going on in this thread lately.

I'll trade you my Farfalla for your Jurassic Park + cash ....

#3272 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Trust me, me loves free, prefers free, and agrees with MANY of your points. However, a small hobby that is growing and a site that makes it a more user friendly global meeting place may require some money to cover operating costs.

It actually goes beyond just recouping the operating costs. Robin runs this site for a living. He depends on it to feed his family. This didn't used to be the case, but he found that he was devoting so much time and energy into keeping the site going that it became impossible to successfully juggle Pinside and his day job. He was then forced to make a difficult decision. Either quit his job and forge full steam ahead with Pinside, or pull back and allow the site to become stagnant. He chose the former, and in doing so, this required him to come up with new ways to monetize the site.

Obviously, this transition has been difficult. People don't like change, and Robin understands that. But the fact remains that he needs Pinside to be profitable. If the site doesn't generate a profit, then it will cease to exist, at least in the way that we now know it. The good news is that Robin has always been open to suggestions. Not every new idea will be a winner, and people should absolutely offer feedback if they think something isn't working or isn't fair. It's a learning process. That being said, it's a also two-way street. While Robin learns to how to best implement changes to the site, we must also learn how to acclimate to these changes if we want the site to continue to thrive.

#3302 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

gweempose: Now's your chance to dump it!
chicago.craigslist.org link

I've corresponded with that guy in the past. The problem is that he doesn't actually live in Melrose Park. He lives in Colorado. He has a buddy that occasionally stays in Melrose Park when he is in town for work. I'll reach out to him again, though, since he's obviously still looking for the game. Thanks for the heads-up!

1 week later
#3331 7 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Lol. I didn't post prices for a few reasons a big one being I'm not sure. I know that's lame but this isn't a fire sale. Regardless if 1 or all sell because of pinside i will donate appropriately. I am open to offers or if the gallery wants to help me set a $$$$ then that works too ?

You said the MET was loaded. What mods does it have?

#3340 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Then I consider the fact that guests probably don't care either way, and I should get games that *I* want

I realized a while back that it just doesn't make sense to buy games for the "guests" when I'm the one who plays them 99% of the time.

#3356 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

s phoenix? is that Stars Phoenix? If so, i'll take it.

I'm guessing he meant to type "ss phoenix" to indicate that it is the 1978 version, not the older EM.

#3360 7 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I texted him earlier and it's a Williams Phoenix (don't worry Neo I'm not looking for any Zacs)

Not surprising. That's a lot more common of a game than the Zac. Plus, if this came out of the same person's house as the Mata Hari, then it makes sense that both games would be from the same era.

#3380 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm guessing the organizer of the show lost money then. Banquet halls rented, guest speakers booked, probably no rooms booked (I would think only local people would take a chance, not people out of town unless you're a vendor, poor attendance. I'd be curious if this is tried again next year.

I assume they also had to pay Galloping Ghost a lot of money to get all those arcade games there.

#3401 7 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

No ColorDMD? In my opinion WPT has the best color dots of any game!

It definitely had some of the best beta testing ....

1 week later
#3432 7 years ago

It seems like it's very difficult for a place like this to survive out in the burbs.

#3437 7 years ago

I was looking forward to checking the place out. Just hadn't got around to it yet.

#3449 7 years ago

Just a reminder, all games that are $3K or more must be listed in the Marketplace before you can post about them here. Once you have an ad, you will be given an embed code which makes it really easy to embed the ad into a post. For example ...

#3466 7 years ago

Anybody have an extra standard size sheet of PDI or Invisiglass that they would be willing to sell?

#3469 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Lowered prices on the following pins today:
CV, POTC, IJ4, GNR, WH20, Kiss LE NIB, TOTAN. All my ads are in the market place, didn't post a price in this thread per the rules.

As long as you have an ad for a game, you can post a price here. You're just not allowed to post pics here. The best thing to do is to embed your ads in your post like this ...

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “For sale is a circus voltaire. First the bad, there was a decal placed over the volts part, looks okay but it is just a decal. A few inserts you will see have slight ghosting like ...”
2016-08-19
Wood Dale, IL
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 1457 times

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale is a Guns and Roses pinball. The game is in overall good shape. The bad is a little wear that was covered by a decal by the guns part on the playfield. It can easily be...”
2016-10-03
Wood Dale, IL
Archived after: 175 days
Viewed: 937 times

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “For sale is a Pirates of the Caribbean. The game was routed, I picked it up shopped the game out. I have had it in my collection a few years and its time to replace it with somethi...”
2016-08-19
Wood Dale, IL
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 871 times

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale is a White Water pin. First the bad, game has some planking, a few insert edges up or chipped, some cab fading in spots, only front two chromed legs back ones are stand...”
2016-08-19
Wood Dale, IL
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 1120 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale is an Indiana Jones. Before I got it in it was on route. I have had it for a few years now and its in pretty good shape. Everything works as it should. Rubbers, flipper...”
2016-10-03
Wood Dale, IL
3,900 (Firm)
Viewed: 1368 times

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Tales of the Arabian Nights was a routed game (players condition) I got in. Had the guys in the warehouse shop it and make sure it works as it should. Shopped means new rubber, bul...”
2016-10-03
Wood Dale, IL
Viewed: 2577 times

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) - “Looking to trade a NIB Kiss LE for the following titles in restored or HUO condition: MM MMR AFM CC BBB Stern IJ SS TAF IJ LOTR LOTR LE SM SM black AMH MB CFTBL TOM PM CV RFM FT F...”
2016-08-19
Wood Dale, IL
6,850 (Firm)
Archived after: 46 days
Viewed: 1226 times

1 week later
#3522 7 years ago

I just listed my STLE. The game has very low plays and comes with some nice upgrades. If anyone has an MMr, I'd love to discuss a possible trade.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is my gorgeous HUO STLE. I will entertain any reasonable offer, and I would also be interested in working out a trade for an MMr. The game is available for local picku...”
2016-09-24
Northbrook, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 396 times
Contributed to Pinside

#3546 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

I'm offloading my tickets to the super epic amazeballs stern party. $70 for the pair via paypal gift.

Darn. I thought you were about to say that you were unloading some Cubs playoff tickets.

#3554 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Anyone see that ad on CL this morning with Austin Powers, TSPP and South Park for $3k? Said they were moving today and needed them gone. Porter, IN.

I just unloaded all three machines into my garage. They appear to be HUO ....

1 week later
#3610 7 years ago

Still looking for a standard size piece of PDI or Invisiglass ...

Other - Wanted
Wanted! - “Does anyone have a new or used piece of standard size PDI or Invisiglass that they can bring to Expo?”
2016-10-10
Northbrook, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 36 days
Viewed: 48 times

2 weeks later
#3656 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

To be fair, there are several bars right across the street down there that are not charging a cover too, but it's probably just gonna be completely nuts down there. As much as it would be cool to be in a bar nearby and hear the roar of the crowd while watching, I think I'll just pop over to my local watering hole and watch it there for that community vibe.

Unless I was at the game itself, I wouldn't make the trek to Wrigleyville. That whole area is going to be beyond nuts, and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm just getting too old for that kind of shit. Twenty years ago I would have braved those crowds without hesitation, but now it just seems like such a pain in the ass.

#3659 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I think that age where fun becomes a pain in the ass is about 40 or so.

And I'm four years past that cutoff ...

#3670 7 years ago
Quoted from csbelli:

Does anyone in the area do ROM burning? I have a Lethal Weapon 3 that has the original rom revision, CPU 2.0, display 2.0. Marco and the other places only sell the last revision, 2.08, which I do not want. I am looking to get CPU 2.05, display 2.06.
Thanks.

If you can get me the chips and the files, I'm happy to burn them for you.

#3676 7 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Anyone know who grabbed the non-working Mata Hari from Antioch in the past day or so?
My Facebook market feed glitched, and I never saw it until today.
As a Bally collector of that series... I'm really bummed that I missed that one by a day.

That game was up on Facebook since at least October 30. That's when I first became aware of it. If it was closer I would have went to take a look at it, but I didn't feel like schlepping all the way up there.

1 week later
#3692 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Check with Dino he-man40 , he might still have his available. it was the one in the Pincades booth at Expo. All chromed out and really nice.

That's a HEP. Probably way too nice of a machine for a non-pinhead to appreciate.

#3697 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Has anyone seen the pistol poker in Allerton? Was posted to facebook over the weekend with two pictures. Guy appears to want the moon for it. Wants to trade for a GNR or an Elvira, but won't add any cash. From my understanding he bought it 7 years ago, only machine, and thinking its going to have issues and is unshopped.

All things being equal, I would think a Pistol Poker is worth much less than either of those games.

#3707 7 years ago
Quoted from rich_r31:

Hi,
I have a HUO Stern Grand Prix (NASCAR but with a different theme for outside of USA) for trade in beautiful condition. It was purchased 4/27/2006 from AVS and sat in a basement with no kids or pets since then. Shopped out on 11/15/2016, batteries changed, and garage adjusted so the ball now hits the left flipper. Comes with manual and goodie bag. Has no scuffs or scratches and no cracked plastics. Have many pics. Everything works as it should and plays like new. It will be difficult to find a machine this clean without buying a NIB. This is a domestic machine made for USA and not a reimport. Located in the NW suburbs of Chicago.
Pics are on my google drive... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0QRojwHIXUOMUZvZ1J4bFB4RFk

Just a reminder, you are required to create a Marketplace ad for all games over $3,000. I'm guessing you would want more than that for a beauty such as this.

#3712 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

So I don't need to create an ad to say I have a nice paragon for $1300?

Correct.

#3721 7 years ago

Actually Ill consider ANY nintendo cabinet games.

I have a nice R-Type I might be willing to part with.

1 week later
#3748 7 years ago

Okay, which one of you bozos scored the TZ at the estate sale in Highland Park last week? The guy running the estate sale said that he had a lot of calls about it, and that someone literally slept in their car outside the house overnight so they could be the first one there in the morning.

#3756 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I saw that too. Any idea what it went for?

I believe the price was $4K. That's not a bad deal if the game was in nice shape, but it hardly seems like a "sleep outside in your car" kind of price. Then again, the market has gotten pretty crazy these days. Perhaps a $4K TZ is the new $2,500 TZ.

1 week later
#3783 7 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

What is the going rate for a nice TZ? I feel dumb after seeing that price for spending $5500 or so on one a few years ago. Mine is pretty nice and has new decals on it though.

You frequently see nice TZs sell for $5K and up, so $5,500 doesn't seem unreasonable for one with new decals.

#3786 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Gtb Spider-Man good shape, working-$1100

Coincidentally, I happened to notice a WTB ad for this game on CL yesterday ...

chicago.craigslist.org link

#3803 7 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Need to hire someone in the area to install an overlay on a playfield and clear coat it. Everything is ready to go (including the $$$)

I would recommend contacting tatman9999

#3821 7 years ago
Quoted from RJ23:

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I've been looking to get a pinball machine for my basement when it's finished( hopefully in 1 month). I have zero experience with this and hope that someone can point me in the right direction. Who are the reputable sellers in the Chicagoland area? I don't know enough to buy off of CL so I doubt I would go that route. I want a machine that looks good and something that kids and adults would be happy playing. What's a realistic budget that I should set? I'm not a collector, just a guy who is finishing his basement and that would like a fun, dependable pinball machine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Pinside! I don't know what kind of budget you have, but I have a beautiful Simpsons Pinball Party that your family will absolutely love. If this is a theme that you might be interested in, shoot me a PM.

#3842 7 years ago

Anyone have a GB LE/Premium for sale? It must have absolutely no ghosting on the playfield or I'm not interested.

#3863 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Still have a mmrle for sale 8100.
Includes Laserrific topper, pinblades, color rom.
Perfect condition.

I'm surprised this game is still available. $8,100 is about the price of a stock NIB standard version, and this has some nice upgrades.

2 weeks later
#3902 7 years ago

I was asked to continue providing the games at the new location, however I turned them down.

As soon as I heard the games weren't in as nice of condition as they were previously, I assumed you must not be servicing them any more. Thanks for the information on what went down, and good luck with the new endeavor!

2 weeks later
#3956 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Looking for an IJ, GoT Pro, LotR or PotC for some friends to put in their condo in Chicago.

MiamiRedSkin has a POTC that he is looking to sell ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/79#post-3593628

2 weeks later
#4043 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I used to own one, with a bad tranny. rest of the car was actually really nice. It was an 87.

Was that the one with the big electronic infotainment screen in the middle? I remember thinking that thing was cool as hell back in the day.

#4061 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not a pinball, but thought I would throw this out there in case anyone wanted a beautiful piece for their game room. If I sold it, I would use the money for pinball anyway.....so I thought I would see if there was any interest in a trade(s). It's one of my high-end digger (crane) restorations.

Gorgeous! What do you value something like that at?

1 week later
#4108 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have done many...more as a hobby for myself than anything else. I was going to post a pic of the last castle-front I did that turned out really nice, but it looks like we can't post pics here.....lol

You can post pics here. You just can't post pics of games you are selling here.

#4112 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not on my screen...it say "upload of images is disabled for this sub-forum", and the button is gone. I would post a screenshot, but well, you know.........

Oops! My bad. I completely forgot that Robin eliminated the ability to post photos of any kind in regional threads.

1 week later
#4176 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Some good deals there.

Unless Neo is the seller ...

1 month later
#4332 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I've got a nice Williams Indiana Jones that I would trade for a MMR or MM. PM for details..

Where are you located?

3 weeks later
#4426 6 years ago

Wow, that's one heck of a nice BF, Matt!!!

#4427 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find an Aerosmith Premium/LE to play in the Chicago area?

#4431 6 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Logan Arcade has a premium.

I really have to get to Logan one of these days. I've never been there. They also have a DI, right?

#4438 6 years ago

Yep. Gavin's a great dude and knows his shit.

#4457 6 years ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

I'm the guy in need of help with my Metallica. I'm about one step up from "I need a guy to fix a burnt out bulb."
During play the game/ball abruptly ends. On the next ball, a second ball auto plunges. Toyotaboy and Gweempose, who are my pinball consiglieres, agree that it's a trough switch issue. I reseated the connectors to one of the trough opto boards and it's still behaving badly.

If re-seating the connectors didn't help, the next thing I would try is re-flowing the solder on the boards.

1 week later
#4474 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Also Gavin (or anyone with lots of experience) will be able to get to the root of the problem quickly and even with a higher rate will end up being cheaper than someone who flubs around for a few hours trying different things.
you get what you pay for.
Some folks seem to just want to sell you a new board set instead of actually fixing the problem.

Plus, with Gavin you get the extra benefit of him putting his initials on all your machines ....

3 weeks later
#4553 6 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

I have a very nice White Water for sale $5000.00 also going to be selling my Addams Family for $5700.00 pm if interested

Quoted from simplykind:

Roadshow: $3200. Overall in VERY nice shape, no fish wear. Some USA insert edges cracking/flaking.

Just a friendly reminder, guys. If the game you are selling is over $3K, you are required to place an ad in the marketplace. Thanks!

#4587 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

CL ad was in lincolnshire, for all you know it could have been from the now defunct emporium that was there.. In that case, it would have had REALLY low plays, and $3500 would be a steal.

It wasn't from Emporium. They never had a MET there.

1 week later
#4656 6 years ago

If anyone is in the market fora Farfalla, shoot me a PM.

3 weeks later
#4738 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Nicest party zone I've ever seen

Quoted from Nelly:

For sure! It's a beautiful machine.

Yep. Looks like it just came out of the box.

#4772 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Sopranos is sold! but still looking for a local x-men or tron. Thanks!!

I have a Tron LE that I'm probably going to list for sale soon. Any interest?

#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

Anyone here have a Stern shipping pallet that they're willing to part with? Trying to ship a game internationally and apparently size does matter. PM if you do. Thanks.

I have one. I think it's from a Stern. I just measured it, and it's about 30" by 30.5".

#4789 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not about the size, it has to be special wood it's made out of for international ...

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.plib.org/services/ispm-15-wood-packaging/ispm-15-countries/

#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How is IL, USA "not too far away" from London?

Well I guess Chicago is kind of close compared to, let's say, New Zealand ....

3 weeks later
#4957 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I've got two BH that I'm looking to sell ... 1st one is very nice ... Cabinet is nice with exception of some wood out of front of cabinet (see pics).

Where are these pics that you speak of?

#4961 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Production starting very soon, waiting for all of the parts to get here. Parts showing up every day, but pretty much need them all before we can start. New assembly line is ready and waiting.

Great to hear, Josh! I'm excited to see this game in person. Will there be a playable machine at Expo?

#5025 6 years ago

Anybody have a HUO Mustang pro or premium they're looking to move?

2 weeks later
#5102 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Picked up Dialed in locally yesterday. Love it!

So you figured out a way to get that puppy down your stairs?

#5106 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you are selling this now? we just talked about this and how awesome it is. Then to trade it for CFTBL? What happened to your taste? CFTBL WISHES it could be a fraction as good as GNR.

He upgraded to a even nicer GnR ....

1 week later
#5138 6 years ago
Quoted from PBachtel:

sales or trade, STTNG, HS, Space Station, Cue Ball Wizard, Mario Andretti, Pinbot.....pictures on south bend craiglist

It's very hard to find a decent STTNG for under $3K. What kind of condition is it in?

#5140 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

It's $4,600 on the local Craigslist.

My bad. I naturally assumed it must be under $3,000, since it's against the rules to list a pin for sale on Pinside that's over $3,000 without creating an ad in the market ....

1 week later
#5181 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Toying with the idea of trading my Mousin Around. Not in a rush, but I think it might be time for something different. Look at my wish list for games I'm interested in.

I see you have a Big House on your wishlist. Did you see the one for sale at Expo? I don't remember what they were asking for it, but it was in really nice condition.

#5183 6 years ago
Quoted from Scar:

Thanks Pappyball, I also have Simpsons, Simpsons bowling, Killer instinct 1 and 2, Mrs PAC, galaga, linked Cruis'n worlds, duel Timecriss 2, wreastlefest, Roadburners, sunset riders, dart machine, bar and pool table I'm my game room.

Sounds like a fun space! You should post some photos in this thread ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms

#5217 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Still have a Mousin' Around available.
$2200 and it's yours! Ad is up in the market with pictures.

FYI, you can embed an ad directly into a forum post like this ...

[Ad embed: this ad was deleted]

#5219 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Price drop, come grab it this weekend and get a great deal.
Brad

Great price! Plus, didn't they just release a huge code update?

#5234 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I posted pictures tonight on my facebook page of about 20 or so pins that i now have available, and possibly will be delivering some to the Chicago area for a reasonable fee
*link removed by moderator*
if this post isn't allowed, my apologies, but I'm just not making 20 different ads on here currently

Sorry, but I had to remove the link. It may not be as convenient, but you are required to create an individual ad in the Market for each game over $3k.

#5239 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

badbilly27 Thanks for the kind words. As i said in my original post, I wasn't sure if it was allowed, so i even apologized in advance. So that the link was removed is no big deal. Not sure if there is another way to put the list on here since several are over the 3k mark that requires separate ads, if there is, someone tell me without spending hours making 30 or so different ads

For the ones that are under $3k, just list them all here. You can't post pictures or a link to pictures, but if people see a title they are interested in, they will reach out to you.

1 week later
#5263 6 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Have a good shape DM for trade. I put all new titan rubbers on it ...

Do you happen to have a list of all the quantities and sizes you ordered? I was actually about to place an order from Titan today for my DM. I figured I'd take advantage of their Black Friday deal.

#5276 6 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

My KISS LE has been sold. I still have a NIB set of KISS LE/Premium Armor with the stars. New owner didn't want it. Never opened or installed on the game. It retails for $499. First $200 takes it from me. I will ship it for an extra $30.

Congrats on the sale! Heck of a price on that armor if someone is in the market for it.

#5280 6 years ago

GnR is such a great game! There is a reason why it commands a much higher price than all the other DE titles. It's basically DE's MM.

2 weeks later
#5369 6 years ago

Any city that has Agatucci's pizza is A-OK in my book!

#5389 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually titans on as rings isnt' that bad. they do add a lot of weird spin on the ball that you normally don't get, but as flipper rubber they are terrible. Luckily the flipper rubber is the easiest one to replace.

I like the Titan flipper rubbers. They obviously don't play exactly like normal rubber, but they have a nice feel to them. Super-Bands, on the other hand, completely change the way the game plays.

1 week later
#5422 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

This is going to probably get me yelled at more than when I tell people I don't really like The Beatles, but I have similar feelings for TAF. Just so many other games Id rather play.

I'm not a huge TAF fan either. In fact, I think it's one of the most overrated games in all of pinball. I remember when it first came out. We had one in the student center arcade at my college, and I played it a ton. It was truly a revolutionary game at the time, but I don't think it has aged well. I honestly feel like the game has been coasting on its early reputation for decades, and people are no longer able to view it objectively.

The Beatles, on the other hand. I'm afraid we can no longer be friends.

#5425 6 years ago

If anyone interested in an 8-foot Olhausen pool table in really nice shape, shoot me a PM.

1 week later
#5450 6 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I've got 2 System 11s that need repair and i haven't been able to make the time in the last 6 months so i'm looking to pay someone ... Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Call Gavin Miller. His number is (312) 699-0968.

#5454 6 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Thanks, i've had rich out a couple of times before. He's been great but he sends out most electrical/board work and that's not what i'm looking for.

Gavin does board work.

1 week later
#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Looking for a Star Wars Premium, Baywatch, and X-Files if anyone has nice examples locally.

Didn't you recently get rid of a nice Baywatch? What happened, seller's remorse?

#5498 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I should have kept the last one, lol.

After I missed out on yours, I hunted around until I found a nice one. I've had the game for about three weeks now. It's quite fun, and an amazing bang for the buck. Also, Chad did a great job with the new code. The modes are actually worth playing now, and he made it so that you aren't automatically handed multiball on ball three.

#5503 6 years ago

The Data East and Sega games have pretty much the same board set, right?

#5509 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'm not having luck searching for sale ads so thought I'd try this thread because it's Chicago area and I don't want to ship or drive 5 hrs.

Did you see this one for sale in Wisconsin?

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Beautiful Sega Baywatch for Sale. Lots of customization and toys added to the machine. Full LEDs, under cab lighting, custom built topper. Shaker motor. Coin mecs work. Plays fast ...”
6 years ago
Shorewood, WI
Expired!

#5521 6 years ago

Anybody have a lead on a nice used pool table? It must be a 3-piece slate, and preferably a nine footer.

#5527 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Anybody have a lead on a nice used pool table?

Quoted from kklank:

Is it for yourself?

Yes. I used to shoot pool all the time back in the day, and I miss it.

#5540 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So a wooden box with spare parts for $2500?

I thought it was nuts as well when I first saw it listed, but I then started adding things up in my head, and it isn't as crazy as it first sounds. Sure, it may be a little high, but he did list it "obo". Funhouses have gone way up in value the last couple years. Let's say the game would require an additional $2,500 for a full restore. That would make it a $4,500-$5,000 game. Would some people pay that much for a nice Funhouse? You bet they would.

#5542 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Are you including the cost of your labor? Or is that just parts alone? Just the TIME alone required to resurrect that thing would be insane.

I was not including the labor. It was just a quick guess on what the parts might cost. Yeah, it would definitely be a lot of hours of work. My point was simply that the price for the game in the state that it's in isn't as crazy as it first seems. I know we would all like to think that it's a $1000 game in its current state, but it isn't.

#5545 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ha! This is GAP we're talking about here. He ain't budging one penny.

It says "obo". Doesn't this by definition mean that he is willing to negotiate?

#5569 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Paid $7500 for my used HEP FH. I'm happy

I remember maybe five years ago or so at Expo there was a gorgeous high-end restored Funhouse for sale. I think it may have been Chad Keller who was selling it. I believe he was asking $5,000 for it, and I remember thinking at the time that it was an insane amount of money for a FH. My how times have changed.

#5576 6 years ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257.

Heading over there in a few minutes to play it.

#5581 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Looking forward to your report!

Had a great time at Level 257 today. Also randomly ran into some fellow pinheads I knew, which is always a nice bonus.

This was my first time playing GoTG. It's a fun game, but it felt very similar to other Borg games. That's not a bad thing, per se, but I'd love to see him try something a little different for a change. Guardians basically feels like a cross between IM and MET. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the audio package since I couldn't hear the game because of all the ambient noise.

This was my second time playing Houdini, and I still think it's a very cool game with great rules and a nice refreshing playfield layout. The left flipper on the game was a bit weak, but you could still make all the shots. The catapult, however, missed hitting the trunk most of the time. Overall, I found the game to be a blast, and I would definitely consider buying one down the road. I love the theme, and the artwork, sounds and animations really do it justice.

Pirates is very cool. I only got to play the game once at Expo, but I put a few games on it today. Not only is it gorgeous, but it has a really unique and fun playfield layout. I didn't understand what was going on half the time, but that's not surprising given Kieth's insanely deep code. I'm not sure how I feel about the upper playfield yet. It's cool, but it might be a bit gimmicky with the constant rocking. It also blocks a good chunk of the lower playfield. Shots disappear under there, and it can make it hard to follow the ball. I'm sure this is something you would get used to once you know the game better. Other than that, the game shoots well and has some very satisfying shots. I look forward to putting more time on it. I think it's definitely JJP's best game so far, and that's quite an accomplishment for a first time designer.

#5596 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah Kevin has some really nice stuff. We have done some deals and the quality of his collection is amazing.

Plus he is just a really nice guy.

Agree on all counts!

#5606 6 years ago

I've never seen one before. Looks super fun!

#5614 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Seriously, I almost bought it Today. The videos on YouTube are fantastic. Game looks super fun. I just don't have the room now. Somebody will pick it up quick.

I considered it, but then when he said it was 600 pounds I was like "F*** that!" Plus, I'd have to rent a truck to move it. It's not like the thing would fit in my Jeep.

2 weeks later
#5675 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Anyone got a project and/or unshopped Dirty Harry they would part with?

kklank was selling a nice one. Are you specifically looking for a fixer upper?

#5683 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

So, anyone interested in a Popeye?

Quoted from kklank:

How nice is the Popeye?

Sounds like a potential trade situation.

1 week later
#5732 6 years ago

I have a beautiful Killerspin MyT9 ping pong table for sale. This is a commercial grade table in great condition. I paid over $1,000 for it, but I will give someone an phenomenal deal on it ...

Other - For Sale
“Beautiful commercial grade table in excellent condition. Cost me over $1,000 new. Here's a link to some detailed information about the table ... http://www.billiardfactory.com/Ki...”
2018-03-04
Northbrook, IL
400 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 427 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
#5775 6 years ago

I have a perfectly working Vishay blue LED DMD. I also have a blue DMD cover to go with it. If you're interested, shoot me an offer.

#5777 6 years ago

FYI, the blue DMD is no longer available. I accidentally fried that sucker when testing it out earlier today.

#5778 6 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Had a Chicago area pinsider tell me he was coming to look at a game, and he no showed tonight. I wouldn’t be that pissed, but I had to set the game up in my garage ( it was stored broken down) and now I have to tear it down again to store. Also changed my plans tonight so he could come see it.

I’m sure you don’t care, but it took time and energy and the guy doesn’t have the courtesy to reply back.

That sucks. I've had the same thing happen to me. It's simply amazing how rude and thoughtless some people can be.

#5784 6 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Bally Strikes and Spares.
Tatman9999

I'm very surprised to hear this. Perhaps a miscommunication? Tatman is a good dude. That seems very unlike him.

2 weeks later
#5816 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

SWEP1 went for $5,500 with the buyers premium..

That's ridiculous! I'd say it's at least double what the game should have sold for.

#5823 5 years ago

Arachnid 2.5 Dart Board

What is this? A Galaxy II with an LCD conversion?

1 week later
#5887 5 years ago

Thinking of trading off a few titles. If I am trading do I need to make a market post for these games or is this post okay? If not Mod please delete and let me know so I can place an ad for them individually.

You are required to create an ad for each game. Sorry.

#5892 5 years ago
Quoted from doubledsquared:

Can anyone recommend an EM repairman in the Chicago/Rockford area? I found a couple guys in the area that work on EMs, but they are pricier than ricksgames and I don’t know anyone that’s tried their services.

Gavin Miller ...

http://gavinsgameservice.com/cms/

#5922 5 years ago

I have a fully working 192x64 Sega DMD. This is the extra large one that was used in Maverick, Baywatch, Batman Forever and Frankenstein. $300 OBO

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I have a fully working Sega 192x64 DMD. This is the large one that was used in Maverick, Baywatch, Batman Forever and Frankenstein. There appears to be a little burn-in, but it is ...”
2018-04-23
Northbrook, IL
300 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 110 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5924 5 years ago

Anybody have any spare GnR plastics lying around? I need a couple.

2 weeks later
#5953 5 years ago

Who grabbed that Mousin' Around on Facebook for $900? I shot the seller a PM as soon as I saw the ad, but it was already sold.

#5984 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyone have any recommendations on someone who can do a quality playfield restore/clear? I have a WCS94 playfield that has a missing text/graphic on the shooter lane insert and chipping in the usual places (saucer holes and goalie area). Other than that, no additional missing artwork or wear. Thanks for any advice.

CaptainNeo would be your best bet.

1 week later
#6033 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Anybody looking for a dirt cheap GB Premium?

That's the cheapest GB premium I've seen.

2 weeks later
#6085 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i]If that's the case, he should use some of that money for some glasses, because if he's thinking about buying that ugly ass supreme, he needs his eyes looked at too.

What's crazy is that they are going for over $60K on eBay. People are f*****g nuts!!!

2 weeks later
#6142 5 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of games!

2 weeks later
#6169 5 years ago

Is that really the going rate for a project Freddy? Ouch.

$1,950 seems kind of high to me, but I don't know the market on this game very well. I would have thought you could get a fully working and freshly shopped one in really nice cosmetic condition for that price, but I could be wrong.

#6172 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I will accept best offers though.

Your ad says "Firm".

2 weeks later
#6206 5 years ago

Anybody have a Centaur that they are looking to sell/trade?

1 month later
#6339 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

How is Expo as a sales location? I've got to unload this AC/DC and I hadn't really considered trying to sell it there.

It's pretty much like any place else. If it is priced fairly, then it will sell. If not, then it won't.

#6347 5 years ago

Hes bought many a deal on CL, let go, etc, proceeded to do nothing to them (or clown puke them with leds), then list them for $1000+ more. He did this with a Fireball classic I had my eye on. $800...dude gets it first of course, then flips it with all blue GI for $1800. Gimme a break.

There are so many assholes like that around here that I don't even bother checking craigslist anymore. I know people in other cities that get good deals all the time on craigslist, but that's virtually impossible in our area because of all the loser flipper dickheads.

#6361 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Wow. hey hey can a moderator write profanity like assholes and dickheads!!!!! LOL

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Seriously. Seems like a double standard if you ask me...

It's all in the intent. We would never moderate someone simply for using the word "asshole". As far as profanity goes, it's pretty tame. Heck, you can even use it on TV. It's when you use the word to directly attack another Pinsider where we will often step in. For example, there's a big difference between, "Flippers are assholes." and "Stop acting like such an asshole, gweempose!"

#6364 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I heard that, asshole!!

Six month all forum eject!

3 weeks later
#6406 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Perhaps prices on some games are falling faster than we (I?) think. The Iron Man seems reasonably priced and my AC/DC I thought was priced to move. Even at my haggle price, there's just no market, it seems.

The market has definitely become a bit sluggish. There are a lot of nice games sitting unsold for that would have gone quickly a year ago.

2 weeks later
#6453 5 years ago

Does anyone in the Chicago area happen to have a spare Gottlieb A-16570 coil and sleeve lying around?

385 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gweempose. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.