5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,942 posts
  • 455 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 minutes ago by vidgameseller
  • Topic is favorited by 297 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4002 2 years ago

Looking for a DMD in the $2K range. Let me know what you got.

2 months later
#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just so I'm clear:
Retailer charging exorbitant prices to cover overhead - Good
Private seller charging exorbitant prices to cover basic needs (food, rent, clothing, etc.) or to put towards another machine - Bad
Sound about right?

I think it really depends on the situation. Pretty sure that if you're a private seller in the pinball hobby and you need to cover the basic needs, as you put it, then you need to straighten out your priorities. I'm also sure that a private seller typically doesn't offer a written warranty against operation or defects or whatever else GAP (or other distributors) provide. Buying and selling in the pinball world is no different than buying a car. (yes, a car analogy). You could buy from a dealership, and expect to pay a higher price, but to also have the perks associated with buying from a dealership. Or you can buy from a private seller, and have to deal with the mysteries of buying from said seller.

Bottom line, if you don't support what GAP (or any other distributor/reseller does) then you can speak your opinion by not buying from them. Plain and simple.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Who got the $3500 Metallica off of C.L. last night?

With a price that low, I'd be skeptical.

#4584 2 years ago

Routed =/= shit

Condition is king. I'd take a table with 30K plays on it in excellent condition over a "HUO" table that has never had the glass taken off any day of the week. I'd take a $3500 routed MET Pro. Unless the PF is worn down to wood, most things can be cleaned or replaced. Send em my way.

#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so if the playfield has wear at the scoops, with some fade on the cabinet and somones name carved in the side. You think that, that's only worth $800 savings?

I never got a chance to see the game, so i dont know what it's like. Like i said, condition is king. It's what determines the price, not whether it's HUO or not. Still, at 3500, it worth at the very least, a look.

1 month later
#4791 2 years ago

How is IL, USA "not too far away" from London?

1 month later
#4988 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I see a lot of Spooky games on the chopping block. Seems like they are "must have" games...until people realize they are just ho-hum at best.
Jersey Jack is the way to go.

Except that Jetsons is a contract game that Spooky built. Not a Spooky designed game.

#4997 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Exactly. The build quality on those games feels like they were built in a garage.

Hmmm...so going from garbage game play, then being corrected, to "poor build quality" yet Spooky is reputed to have some of the best customer service and build quality in the industry.

Seems like you're reaching for straws here. No need to though, man. There's no "JJP team" or "Spooky Team" or anything like that. It's ok to just back away...

#5005 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was responding to someone that was ripping on spooky, and using JJP as leverage for his argument. I was just stating, that JJP are not the games you want to be using for leverage when claiming another manufacturer sucks.

Let's not even throw Stern into the mix

2 months later
#5361 1 year ago

I agree. After a sale, and cash was exchanged, the item now belongs to the buyer. They can do whatever they want with it, they can burn it for all I care. Bottom line is that I no longer own it, so I have no say in what they do with it.

1 month later
#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Ha! This is GAP we're talking about here. He ain't budging one penny.

I recently bought a machine from him (this past fall) and we negotiated. He was willing to budge to make a sale.

#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekie:

You already know the game is not working. So put your parts list together:
3 flippers kits
3 pop bumpers
Ramp
7 standup targets
Ramp diverter
hard to find talking head parts (Rudy)
2 displays
Electronic Boards
New Play Field
New plastic set
cabinet decals
rubber set
multiple switches
Lamp sockets
plastic posts
and what ever is missing.
Add it up plus tax and shipping.
Depending on your experience, any where from 45 hours to 160 hours of labor.
Better off IMO to seek out a good used game for $4500 to $5000. If you want to learn how to build a pinball machine this is for you.
Flame suit on.
I have no ill will against Mike. I just think his starting point is joke.

Sometimes, it's the journey that's the enjoyable part, not the destination.

I'm sure the buyer for this type of machine is out there. There are absolutely people that find the restoration of a machine the enjoyable part.

I'm not for or against this listing, but at the end of the day, it's Mike's machine and he can list it for what he wants. There's a TSPP that is being listed for 8500 that people are loving. I can't see the value in it, but I'm sure there is someone willing to pay 8500 for a fully modded TSPP.

1 month later
#5737 1 year ago

Any interest in Gorgar that I'd like to trade or sell? Cab and PF are in great shape (little wear on the pf) the boards are all clean, the backglass has flaking and is probably the worst part in the machine. Has Comet 2SMD LEDs (warm white) in the GI, and the lesser bright 2 LED in the inserts and backglass. Asking for $1K +/- cash on a pin in the same era of similar value.

#5739 1 year ago

It looks good. I'm in the no rainbow puke club too

#5741 1 year ago

Gorgar is up

Archived after 40 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
FS/FT Gorgar Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Listing up my Gorgar for sale or trade. Cabinet is in excellent shape, playfield is in great shape, backglass is in ok shape. Repros are available. PF has been kept cleaned regu...”
2018-03-07
Madison, WI

#5751 1 year ago

Looking for a classic SS. Let me know what you've got!

#5761 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looking for a classic SS. Let me know what you've got!

I found a game. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#5849 1 year ago

Great price on that TZ!

2 weeks later
#5905 1 year ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I hope Dracula and SW went to fellow collectors and not to a flipper or retail front. Great prices there. That's what this thread is about.
The bummer is with the new(er) rules of having to post an ad, who knows if these games are staying in IL.

I don't check for a 10 hrs and they are "sale pending" already! I might have taken that BSD out of IL

#5933 1 year ago

Sega DMD for sale. Price includes shipping.

Archived after 1 day
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Selling my Jumbo Sega DMD. Price includes shipping. No missing lines or dots, display is bright and crisp. Video of DMD in action (~2:00)
2018-04-24
Madison, WI

2 weeks later
#5962 1 year ago

Does anyone know what the differences (if any) are between the engineer's game vs a production game?

#5966 1 year ago

Look here, wise guy

#5969 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm assuming pinball is the same as any industry.
Engineering sample usually means engineering built everything themselves on a bench, usually with early prototype parts (maybe a mix of production and prototype parts). This is where they find all of the fit issues (so there may be extra holes because something had to move slightly).
After engineering samples, it goes to pilot build (which means a production engineer builds it while engineers observe. Production engineer takes notes of what was difficult to assemble, and either suggests changes to the parts, changes to fixtures, or decides to change the order of the assembly).

Would it be safe to say if there was a prototype part that was used that needs replacing, that it could be replaced with a production part?

#5980 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Negative. Not looking to blast this person out, as he is a nice guy. Its just an unfortunate situation. I PM’d inhome to see what he thinks.
Thanks guys.

At this point, it almost sounds like he's stealing your game? Nice would not be the word I would be using to describe him. Good luck with it all.

1 month later
#6107 1 year ago

Anyone have any SS Ballys or Sterns they are looking to sell?

#6124 1 year ago

I have an excellent Target Alpha that I will be posting soon.

#6136 1 year ago

Since you all are talking about it

Archived after 3 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Target Alpha Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “I'm listing up a very nice Target Alpha for sale. The backglass has a small defect on the lower left, but otherwise in excellent condition. The playfield is in excellent condition,...”
2018-06-28
Madison, WI

#6138 1 year ago

That F2K backglass is the strangest thing. Why would anyone go through that trouble?

1 month later
#6232 1 year ago

Will be listing up an imamaculate Baywatch. Comes with legs and pinballs. Unfortunately more than 600 plays in the last 12 years

Seriously though. It is very nice, has a REAL ColorDMD, EnerGI Maestro light board (custom light dimming, no relay clicks with the flashers), had a full topside teardown in November 2017, Titan rubbers, all mechs cleaned and resleeved, no wear on the pf, Comet 2SMD LEDs throughout in Natural White and I'm sure some other things that I'll think for the listing.

#6234 1 year ago

Archived after 16 days
Sold for $ 3,000
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Baywatch Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “Of course, as legend has it, there is only ONE imamaculate Baywatch. This one is NOT that Baywatch, however there are some other features that make up for it: It is in very nice ...”
2018-08-10
Madison, WI

#6239 1 year ago

I'm in the market for an IM, SM, or X-Men (pro, LE for the right price). Let me know if you are looking to sell.

#6247 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm in the market for an IM, SM, or X-Men (pro, LE for the right price). Let me know if you are looking to sell.

Still in the market. Let me know what you've got!

2 weeks later
#6324 1 year ago

Will be listing my ToM for sale soon. Let me know if you'd be interested.

#6342 1 year ago

Archived after 3 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Theatre of Magic Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “I am selling a reimported Theatre of Magic in mint condition. All boards are clean, NVRAM installed. DMD is crisp and bright. It has Comet 2SMD LEDs in the GI, and Comet 2LEDs i...”
2018-09-03
Madison, WI

#6348 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are so many assholes like that around here that I don't even bother checking craigslist anymore. I know people in other cities that get good deals all the time on craigslist, but that's virtually impossible in our area because of all the loser flipper dickheads.

The only way to discourage that is to keep scrolling past. Unfortunately, there are buyers that dont know or dont care and buy from people like this.

3 weeks later
#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

That is exactly it. I actually am debating buying the IM, but then its like, well for $1k more I can have a nib IMDN, MET or DP. Same goes for any of the games I want over $4k. There have been some good games out lately that I can buy new for not that much more.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

I was thinking the same thing. A new game at 1K more seems more attractive.

But those new games aren't Iron Man, or LOTR, or (insert X game). You could extend this logic to 6-8K TZ, IJ, CV, ToM, etc. Why spend so much on a 25 yr old game when that's Stern Prem/Le money? upwards towards JJP money?

I get this notion, but I don't...

I was in a similar situation. Was looking at a SM, but then thought "well, I could get a NIB Stern Pro for not much more." But then, none of them were SM...in the end, I ended up going a different route altogether, but it's not like you're upgrading from a Pro to a Prem/LE, where you could put in another 1-1.5K and get the Prem/LE stuff. You're spending your money on a different experience altogether. New isn't always better. Anyways, obviously your money and how you choose to spend it

1 month later
#6620 1 year ago

Wtf happened to this thread? Sell some shit or gtfo! Get this bitch back on track. Faaccckkkk!!! More drama than the bold and the beautiful.

#6659 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

Parts - Wanted
WTB Bally -54 transformer and rectifier boardNew!Wanted! “My Xenon is missing the whole power supply board.
Need E-122-142 transformer and AS-2518-54 rectifier board.
Also open to other models of the rectifier board as I can make an adapt...”
1 day ago Chicago, IL
Wanted
dudah

In need of a Bally transformer/rectifier combo. It'd be great to find a local one!
While I have a model specified, I'm open to anything as I can make an adapter.

I have a used rectifier board, but not a transformer. Let me know if you're interested.

2 months later
#6920 10 months ago

I've bought 2 games within the state of WI. My other games have come by way of reimports (Spain, and the Netherlands), a couple from MN Twin Cities area, one from TX, one from MI, and one from northern IL, so yeah, it's a little dry within a couple hours of here.

1 week later
#6947 10 months ago

Looking for a System 11 machine, if anyone has one they'd want to sell.

#6949 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you have the disease bad

I haven't stored any games yet or expanded upstairs. I think I have it ok

#6956 10 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

Stored games??? Wait a second.... who's the Pin Hog here? There's no storing pinballs man!!! Lol!

There are plenty of pin hogs here I just dont have the room or money to do that, otherwise I might just.

#6967 10 months ago

Thinking about listing my Paragon soon. Lots of new stuff replaced on it. Has typical insert cupping, and a little wear on the pf, but it plays and presents well. If you were at MRP this last year, you likely played it. Let me know if you're interested.

#6974 10 months ago

Archived after 12 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Paragon Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished “Lots of stuff done to it to bring it up to a nice machine: New drop targets all around New pop bumper caps, pops function strong and 100% but one of the pop bumper bodies is crack...”
2019-02-11
Madison, WI
1,900 (OBO)

#7034 9 months ago

I'm looking for a Spider Man or Iron Man. Preferably unmodded with the exception of ColorDMD.

#7054 9 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

I'm reducing my metallica pro to 4750. This is with the color dmd and total light show mod. Will remove the color dmd, and take off another 100.

That's a killer deal. I just bought a machine earlier this week. Damn you!

1 month later
#7207 8 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Who's going to MGC Saturday?

I'll be there!

#7208 8 months ago

Sorry to disappoint you dirtbag66 not sure what your problem with me is, but I'll be at the show and I'm gonna have a BLAST!

1 month later
#7292 6 months ago
Quoted from waldo34:

He increased the price to 2k, last I saw.

I texted him when it was at 1600. Never responded. When I checked the ad again, he raised it to 2k.

#7294 6 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I emailed him when he first put it up for sale with a "make me an offer" response. I told him that craigslist isn't the place to do an "auction". He eventually got back to me saying that he'd put a price of $2k on it and that he had an offer of $1500. Apparently, it was his Grandpa's, it hasn't been played in years, he didn't have the keys, and the game didn't work. I opted out of the "auction" at that point.
Basically, I think he didn't know what he had and when a few people responded he put the high price on it.
Dave

Eh, doesnt matter what the reason is. You do your research and you put out a fair price. If you dont know, you get in touch with some people that might know. The internet has all the information in the world. He just needed to spend the 2 minutes to look for it. With that said, I think he had an idea, and he wanted to milk it. I dont deal with those types.

#7311 6 months ago

I might possibly be listing a very nice HUO Spider-Man in the next several days. Let me know if you might be interested.

2 weeks later
#7404 6 months ago

Did someone here inquire about or pick up the 2 Meteor projects in the Chicago area?

3 weeks later
#7541 5 months ago
Quoted from GAP:

Projects for sale, as is, come and check them out at my shop, no pics at this time. Some work to a degree some are dead. I dont have time to go through them at this point. Most prices are under pinside. Gottlieb's all came from a collection, those dont need much.
High speed $1100 does not work
Mars God of war, works to some degree $1000
Volcano $800 works to some degree
Lectranamo. Boots up. Does not coin up or star game.$900
Checkpoint boots, playfield wear. $1600
Secret service, did not turn on when picked up. $1200
Freddy Krueger. Not sure on boot up, think it did, has playfield wear down between flippers. $1700
Big hurt, boots and plays, missing speaker plastic, needs 1 tip replaced. Could use a new ribbon cable $1800
4 million BC , did not work, lady said it worked then died.$900
GAP

Can you provide pics or more details for those that can't visit the shop or aren't as local?

2 months later
#7752 3 months ago

Anyone interested in a players condition Rollergames?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 11.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.00
Electronics
Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside