5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,943 posts
  • 455 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by BBC
  • Topic is favorited by 297 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WOW, that is one overpriced faded insert blasted FT!!!

I also contacted this guy about his FT. I asked him how long it had been sitting in direct contact with this cement garage floor. I also told him that I thought his asking price was on the high side given how faded it was, etc.

I got the typical, if you aren't planning on buying it - take a flying leap response.

Ok, but you'll be sitting on that game for a long time.

Dave

3 weeks later
#350 5 years ago

I have a Lord of the Rings for sale on the southside of Milwaukee. I have an ad in the market place. Looking to get $5,000 for it.

I also have a thread on the game as I was originally looking for a trade for an AC/DC premium, which I would still gladly do if anyone has one they want to trade. Here is the link to the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-anyone-want-to-trade-their-acdc-premium-for-my-lotr#post-1754018-e There are a few additional pictures in that thread.

Let me know if you're interested.

Dave

1 week later
#410 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I'm thinking the SST was a fake. Just a hunch.

If I were guessing I'd say it was legit but getting 10,000 replies to their ad 5 minutes after it was posted probably gave them the feeling that they under-priced their game.

Dave

2 weeks later
#475 5 years ago

Just letting people know that I've lowered my price on my LOTR in Milwaukee. Now priced at $4800. I have someone local to me that has a HUO AC/DC but is looking for a cash only sale so I'd prefer to sell my LOTR and then buy the AC/DC.

Anyone interested at that price?

Dave

1 month later
#605 5 years ago

I still have my LOTR for sale or trade in Milwaukee. The only game I'd be interested in for trade would be an AC/DC premium. I'd add cash to the deal of course.

Otherwise, it's for sale for $4800.

Dave

2 weeks later
#652 5 years ago

Pending final payment, my LOTR has been sold. Deal should be completed later this week.

Dave

1 week later
#707 5 years ago

Just following up in this thread to let everyone know that my LOTR did sell.

Dave

7 months later
#1449 4 years ago

I've got a Gottlieb King of Diamonds for sale on the south side of Milwaukee. You can look for it in the marketplace to see pictures, etc. Just lowered the price to $1400. Let me know if you need more information or more pictures.

Dave

2 months later
#1636 4 years ago

I have an original King of Diamonds for sale (yes, it's the same one I posted a few months ago). The game is on the southside of Milwaukee and it's priced at $1300. Take a look at the market place ad for pictures. Let me know if you'd like to see more pictures, need additional information or want to come take a look.

Dave

2 months later
#1813 4 years ago

I was more impressed with his ability to hit a perfectly even score. I thought that's what he meant by a unique challenge.

1 month later
#1904 4 years ago

I have an Addams Family in the marketplace that I'm looking to trade toward an AC/DC premium. Anyone have an AC/DC premium they'd be willing to trade? That's really the only trade I'm looking for at this time. I know it will probably be easier to just sell it and then buy an AC/DC but figured it was worth a shot at trading first.

1 week later
#1943 4 years ago

Kapper, I sent you a PM regarding your AC/DC...

1 month later
#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Amen to that. Love mine!

Hmm....local guy who owns an escalera? Looks like I may not need to buy one

Dave

1 month later
#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Going to be listing my fish tales and jackbot soon. 2500 each. Let me know if anyone is interested locally

PM Sent

1 week later
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Really nice WCS94 with Cliffys, some LEDs, newish (couple years) Ball. Works great.

PM Sent.

4 months later
#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

really? can't we all just get along?

I have to admit, the guy posting those replies to the WTB ads has more stamina than I would have. I get that he was lowballed on his FunHouse but that was months ago. Time to get over it. I'm guessing that he's also one of those guys that gets alerts whenever anything is posted on CL so he doesn't want anyone to deal with the WTB people because then he would miss out on the game. I'm sure the rest of the people that get alerts have had enough of this guy's postings as well.

4 months later
#3688 3 years ago

I have a Nascar and a WCS94 for sale...I can cut you a bit of a break if you buy both. I'm not taking trades at this time so just looking for a cash sale.

Archived after 41 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Nascar Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Game is in decent condition and is fully working. Test car registers hits correctly and the race track seems to work correctly as well. I have the keys to the coin door and head ...”
2016-11-10
Muskego, WI
Archived after 5 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
World Cup Soccer Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “The game is in decent condition and is fully working. The right ramp has been repaired at the end where the ball drops but seems to be a decent repair job. I have the keys for th...”
2016-11-10
Muskego, WI

1 month later
#3762 2 years ago

I have 3 games for sale currently...Buy all 3 and save a bit of money.

Archived after 29 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Who Dunnit Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Up for sale is a 1995 Who Dunnit Pinball Machine. The game is working, including the slot reels. The game is playable as it sits but could probably use a "shop" job. The playfield ...”
2017-01-21
Muskego, WI
2,500 (OBO)
Archived after 5 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Baby Pac-Man Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Up for sale is a working baby pacman pinball/arcade machine. The playfield is in excellent condition with an overlay being applied. The cabinet is in very nice condition as well. T...”
2016-12-10
Muskego, WI
Archived after 41 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Nascar Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Game is in decent condition and is fully working. Test car registers hits correctly and the race track seems to work correctly as well. I have the keys to the coin door and head ...”
2016-11-10
Muskego, WI

1 month later
#3915 2 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

A collector friend of mine passed away recently and his wife asked me to help her liquidate.

I don't know arcade game values so I wouldn't be much help here, but wanted to say that it's very nice of you to help out. Thankfully, she asked you for assistance, as you'd hate for her to be taken advantage of by someone else.

Dave

1 month later
#4029 2 years ago

I have a couple of favorites from craigslist Chicago. There's the guy in Summit that always advertises his LW3 as "just lowered the price" yet it's been $2k for about a year. The other is the continental super 7 bingo machine that's been for sale for at least 3 years. To his credit, he has lowered the price by about $100 over the last several years but he's still holding on to hope that his $300 game will eventually sell for $1600.

The clown head guy from Ottawa is something special. I do my craigslist searches now for pinball -ottawa so I don't have to see anything from this guy. He's obviously a wheeler-dealer and he really thinks he has something with that clown head. Looks he overestimated the value of that thing.

#4083 2 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I'm on the fence about selling my TZ.

I guess it would depend on when you bought it. If you're like me, and you've had your game for a while, and you wouldn't want to buy a game at today's prices then you have to consider that if you sell it you'll likely never own it again. That may be a weird way to look at it but that's how I look at it when I sell one of my "top flight" games. I sold LOTR not too long ago and figured I'd probably never own it again as I wouldn't pay what they go for now.

It seems like you'd be able to get a TZ again if you really wanted one but you'd have to be willing to pay the price. So, the bottom line is, are you willing to pay what TZs sell for these days to get it back if you wanted it?

1 year later
#5746 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not enough nice woodrails for sale in this thread.

Well, if you're looking for a woodrail, here's one:

Archived after 42 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
Minstrel Man Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Lowered the price...let's get this thing into the hands of someone who will appreciate it! Up for sale is a Gottlieb Minstrel Man. The game is working, has new rubber, new bulbs, ...”
2018-02-13
Muskego, WI

3 months later
#6078 1 year ago

I posted a Fire! in the marketplace yesterday.

Archived after 11 days
Sold for $ 1,500
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fire! Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Up for sale is a Williams Fire! pinball machine. The game works and plays as it should. The bell is there and functioning as it should. The fire animation on the playfield works as...”
2018-06-13
Muskego, WI

#6079 1 year ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Thining the herd in Rockford, IL... selling 19 pins

Wow...for most folks, 19 pins would be the "herd". A lot of nice titles in that group of pins.

Dave

1 month later
#6226 1 year ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

Man the millionair is temping but 350 + shipping just to get the rottendog... ugh

I think Chad is in Rockford, IL so you could drive and pick it up yourself and save the $350+ shipping cost...

#6237 1 year ago
Quoted from dung:

He isn't talking about shipping the game. The mpu is 380 + shipping from big daddy enterprises.

Thanks for clarifying...I was thinking he was wanting the game shipped. Re-reading it, I see now that he was talking about the cost of the rottendog plus shipping.

Dave

2 months later
#6479 1 year ago

Just posted a Nascar for sale in the Milwaukee area.

Archived after 7 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Nascar Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “The game is in nice condition and is fully working. I cleaned and waxed the playfield, replaced all of the playfield rubber, put in four new pinballs, and installed the most recent...”
2018-10-27
Muskego, WI

4 weeks later
#6674 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Also $1500 stellar wars and the guy couldn't even spring for a $4 coin door lock

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the one picture. You're going to fix and resell games and you don't throw a lock in the door? To me, if you can't/won't do that, it makes me wonder how many other things you're not doing. A lock is an easy thing to put on a coin door.

#6685 1 year ago

I don't have any experience with these guys but man, they spam the hell out of craigslist. I mean, it's easily 20+ ads EVERY SINGLE DAY and most of their games are pretty overpriced.

Given that the "warning" message is in the middle of their ads, I'm guessing they haven't noticed it or don't care.

Ultimately, I'm not a buyer of their games as they're too overpriced. I will say that if Jim's good at restoration I'm stunned that he didn't put a new lock on the coin door. That seems like quite an oversight for someone that repairs/restores games.

#6687 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

My guess is Jim never touched this one.

Excellent point, and quite possibly the case. This could have been a quick flip with it needing "nothing" as far as Ryan was concerned. I guess we'll never know.

1 month later
#6846 10 months ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

If you flagg their adds. Craigslist will pull them down. It just takes more than one person to do it.

The Naperville guys obviously have an auto-bot ad creation system for craigslist, which makes flagging their ads tedious as there's usually about 20 of them every day. I flag them when I have time but generally I just skip them by using the -naperville text as part of my craigslist search. It's amazing how one or two people can totally ruin a system. The Naperville guys have almost single-handedly ruined the Chicago craigslist.

To be honest, craigslist has pretty much become useless for finding deals on games. Anything that's even remotely close to being a deal is gone within seconds of posting, which leaves just the over-priced, posted every day crap, that we now see.

2 weeks later
#6904 10 months ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Anybody manage to snag the Black Pyramid listed on CL yesterday for $95 OBO

No, because it's not a real ad for a real game. Pretty much anytime you see something on CL with a gmail address within the text of the ad is a scam. Why bypass the craigslist email response system? You do that because you want to try to scam the person responding.

You didn't miss it because it didn't exist.

2 weeks later
#6989 10 months ago
Quoted from packie1:

I am looking at a machine in Milwaukee and I contacted the seller.

Was this the ST:TNG that was listed for $800? If so, I saw the same ad listing, with the same pictures, but for something totally unrelated listed in another town. Total scam of course.

Dave

#6992 10 months ago
Quoted from packie1:

Had me on the hook, but I got away!

Thankfully your radar went off before you got too far down the road. It's nice to dream that you'll find a deal but it seems there is a group of people out there that do nothing but monitor craigslist looking for the deals and even if you are the first to respond, someone else will contact them and tell them they're selling it crazy cheap and offer more. Unless you get there, buy it, and have it loaded before anyone else contacts them, your chances are slim.

But keep dreaming - you just never know.

1 month later
#7172 8 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

What is a truck doing in a POTC?

It's a pincades truck so Jesse can deliver games...

1 month later
#7293 6 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I texted him when it was at 1600. Never responded. When I checked the ad again, he raised it to 2k.

I emailed him when he first put it up for sale with a "make me an offer" response. I told him that craigslist isn't the place to do an "auction". He eventually got back to me saying that he'd put a price of $2k on it and that he had an offer of $1500. Apparently, it was his Grandpa's, it hasn't been played in years, he didn't have the keys, and the game didn't work. I opted out of the "auction" at that point.

Basically, I think he didn't know what he had and when a few people responded he put the high price on it.

Dave

#7295 6 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

With that said, I think he had an idea, and he wanted to milk it. I dont deal with those types.

Me either...as you said, in this day and age it takes a couple of minutes to get an idea of what something is worth. I think he figured he'd see if someone would make him a crazy offer and when that didn't happen, he put a number on it.

1 week later
#7338 6 months ago

Just listed my BSD in the marketplace. Open to trades as well if you've got something interesting...I've been thinking an AC/DC premium might be getting into my price range lately.

Archived after 8 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Up for sale is a decent condition, working, Dracula pinball machine. Cabinet is faded, like most Draculas. Playfield is in decent condition with a bit of mylar lifting/bubbling ove...”
2019-05-30
Muskego, WI
3,800 (OBO)

#7372 6 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You gotta give him credit, though.

I didn't think it was possible but that guy has pretty much singlehandedly ruined craigslist in Chicago. It's the same 10,000 ads, everyday, making it pretty much impossible to buy or sell anything as it gets buried by his ads. Personally, when I look at craigslist in Chicago I add "-naperville" to the end so I don't have to see his ads. Sure, I might miss the occasional legitimate ad from someone else in Naperville but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

#7374 6 months ago

My Bram Stoker's Dracula is still for sale/trade...let me know if you're interested. I previously posted my ad so I won't post it again.

1 month later
#7587 4 months ago
Quoted from Slips:

There’s a what looks to be a Transformers LE on Facebook for $3,000

Contacted seller...sold already.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 29.00
$ 85.00
$ 109.99
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 190.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside