FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1177 9 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Hey All - I just picked up a STTNG and I would love to find someone local who could do a full top-side tear down/ shop job. I don't have the room in my 700 sq ft downtown apartment to do an adequate job! If anyone has someone reasonable who does a great job, please let me know! I can drop off the machine.

Be prepared to pay some serious coin for that. I know someone who paid 500 in labor alone to have his RS shopped.

2 weeks later
#1234 9 years ago

Locating in Indianapolis, but not too far. Debating putting my Batman Forever Up For trade only. Has a smart dmd installed, full flipper rebuild, and just installed a nos translite.
Looking for SMB, SF2, RBION, Routed LOTR, STTNG, Pinball Magic, Stargate or player's grade FH.
Oh, and a really nice JP with topper.

6 months later
#1819 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Not sure which is tougher to find these days! A nice FT or a sixer of Zombie

Come down to Indy and we can hook you up

2 months later
#2109 8 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

My Getaway is in the market, looking for a Black Rose. Can deliver!

Let me know when it sells. I just shopped out my BR and was debating putting it up for sale.

#2134 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

(yes BF has a real bg).

No it did not. It had a translite. I've owned two and it was the first Sega to really start showing cost cutting measures.

#2136 8 years ago

Lol, downvoted for correcting someone who was mistaken? People take voting way too seriously.

#2141 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The fact that you are reacting to it would indicate that you take it somewhat seriously as well ...

More perplexed. There are a few folks on here who do it religiously, dirtbag being one. Not going to win a popularity contest lol

#2143 8 years ago

1 week later
#2189 8 years ago

Also would be interested to know what you are wanting for it.

#2191 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I'm, going to shop it out first, Put Led's in it and put on new right side head decal on the game. Upper right flipper is not working and lower left is very weak, so it needs work before I sell it. Going to put new brass legs on it. Don't have a price in mind yet. but when I do I will post it here and in the for sale area. I'll keep you posted Dung

thanks, but not looking for a restored one. Sure you will find someone though thanks

#2207 8 years ago
Quoted from jho159:

Couple pics of the Stargate...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Why is stargate missing the upper flipper rubber?

#2210 8 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Stargate: $2,100 with upper flipper rubber, 2,098.10 without. (OBO)

Dunno, its no longer CQ if he replaced the flipper rubber.

1 month later
#2372 8 years ago

Have a nice heavily modded STTNG for sale/trade. Mods include, Backboard decal, Target decals, Laser cannons, Prototype cannon domes, Upgraded blue Borg Windows, Plastic protectors, Cliffy protector on Neutral Zone, Upgraded Klingon bird of prey, Enterprise model and third pop bumper cap. Also have the pinbits lane extenders although they are not installed.
The machine itself is fully working. The ramps are crack free. The playfield is in great shape. The cannon covers are not cracked. The borg ship is not warped. Boards are clean with no issues and the game has never had an issue with resetting.
Trades for Avatar, RBION, MET Pro, TSPP, BBH, FGY, and BSD. Also looking for a system 11 or WPC based shuffle alley. Open to others as well so shoot an offer.
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/iXhdN
Cash Price $4700

#2416 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just picked up 2 more games!
A HUO TSPP and a pretty nice LOTR as a pair. Thinking I will sell the TSPP and keep the LOTR for now.
For TSPP, unfortunately the previous owner dropped a tool (drill?) when working in his basement and broke pf glass; took a small nick in pf. I guess this happened a few years ago and he said F it when he realized how much glass he would need to clean up and has not played the games since.
I dont plan to dig into them for a few weeks but if someone wants to check out the TSPP as it sits then let me know and you are welcome to swing up and see it.

How big a nick are we talking? Was it sitting with the glass off since it broke?

1 week later
#2496 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you make about 10X profit from mods. If anyone should be bitching it should be the price of mods. You never make 10X your money on flipping games. Be lucky to double your money half of the time. Plus you have to go get the game, somehow get it out of their basement, through doorways that have been modified since the game was put down there. Peel off the crusty NOS rubber that has been on the game for 30+ years. Get everything working again, and fix what you can. It's a PIA sometimes, unless you get it for a song.

Knowing someone who makes mods, the profit is not ten times. It is a fraction, but do keep selling that line.

#2502 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Spoken like a true flipper.

Lol, I needed a laugh this morning dirtbag. This *flipper* doesn't own a vehicle that can transport machines. My only vehicle is a Miata. Also I live in a town house without a garage. Anyone who has dealt with me knows you have to carry the machine around a building to get it through the back door. Every trade or purchase has to be planned long in advance so I can borrow a vehicle and get help moving it inside. Not really conducive to last minute deals found through craigslist, but keep trolling dirtbag.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

depends on the mod. the TZ lamp shades, when theywere going for $150 were more than 10X. The LED TAF swap light was 20X. The LED lamp boards for stern games for hte backbox are at least 10X profit. All depends on the mods. Those $8 chinese cannons for AC/DC people are selling for a hell of a lot more. (bought mine online at a chinese cheap toy site $8 shipped). so depending on the mod, some of them are massive profit. like toppers cut out of cheap ass plastic and charge $75+. So don't act like mods can't make a shit ton of profit, which is fine. My statement was saying it's a hell of a lot easier money in mods than trying to flip games.

And you sit back and say its all pure profit. What about custom designed plastic protectors? Do you think they just appear out of thin air? What about custom designed replacement parts? Home made ramps? Do you have any real idea or do you just like to pull numbers out of the air? There are a number of modders out there that build things because of passion, not profit and you just crap all over them.

As for flippers there are plenty of them that just buy games off craigslist cheap, do nothing, and then repost them for more.

4 months later
#3287 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I like enabling the forum discussion option on sales threads, but my current Twilight Zone thread (and another TZ for sale thread by Saveleaningtower) are absolute cesspools of long-time members trolling or going completely off-topic and diverting attention onto themselves. It's like their way of rebelling against the system. If this is what $35 gets me, I'll pass and just turn off all discussion in the future.

This is why I will never pay. I don't mind if someone came in and bashed the price. Heck, point out flaws in my machine. That is fair. The last several ads I put up before Robin started charging I was getting trolled. One in particular pm'ed me and let me know he would do it (and continued to) because I had said something negative in his ad. It is his way of getting people to not say anything against him.

Why pay for this when I can list it on klov, a dozen facebook groups, mr pinball or craigslist for free? The amount of flak from those is minimal if any.

I posted my batman forever in the kansas city regional thread, but looking through the other threads this place seems dead now. The normal ads seem to have had a decline as well which just gives me less incentive to check the forums nearly as often.

#3291 7 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Maybe it's just location that's the problem? I'd be very interested in your Batman Forever, but KC is too far a drive & I'm not a fan of shipping.

It just got listed yesterday so the lack of response is not about my machine. Just looking at the regional for sale threads compared to a couple months ago.

#3293 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I have a Spider-Man VE for sale/trade.
Pm me if interested.
Excellent condition.
Probably 30 plays max.
Looking for CV, MB or totan.

Worth more than 3k so you have to have a marketplace ad.

1 month later
#3459 7 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Got a unshopped Breakshot if anyone is interested. Can deliver to Expo on Thursday night as well. $1500 unshopped.
Let me know!

Wish you were closer. In the market for Mystery Castle, Banzai Run, or Big Buck Hunter Pro, but tempted to grab one of these to round out my capcom pair.

#3462 7 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

You are not that far, gives you a reason to drive up for a day or so of Expo as well!!!

My dd is a miata. I have a hitch to install on it, but would still have to buy a harbor freight trailer. Love my car, but 8 hours on the highway is not *fun* even without a trailer. Only way that would happen is if I found something else to buy like a transporter the rescue. Would just rent a van at that point.

#3464 7 years ago

Its 250 to ship through jaybird. Not worth it for a 1500 dollar machine.

Going to step out of this thread, back to the chicago folks!

#3488 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If you really believe XFiles & SF2 are comparably horrible games, then I think you must be pulling our legs because SF2 is as bottom of the barrel one can get. I would go as far a shoehorning in Bugs Bunny Bday Bash in the middle of those two.

Still like SF2 here. PF art isn't bad. Good sound. Cab is not bad looking. Translite is hideous and it has to be in tournament mode to play against anyone. Not a-title material, but for an entry level dmd I'd take it over demo man, oooo a claw toy, ooooo.

#3491 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Agree. Its the video game made almost shot for shot into a pin. It was made for the license, nothing more. My $500 pick up is well worth the space to compliment my arcade machine. My wife loves it because its the only game she says she actually understands whats going on. Non pin heads love it.

Funny thing. I was looking at the rarity of machines on here. You hear how rare pinball magic is, but more people claim to own it than street fighter 2. The guy that sold me my airborne monday night was surprised by it as he had never seen it in person.

#3497 7 years ago

Find the downvotes funny. Neo everyone has different tastes. If memory serves you have a soft spot for a few games other people consider dogs. Only difference is I don't know anyone as adamant about crapping on what they don't like.

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#3634 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Time to make some room. Going to place 3 games in the marketplace today. Prefer to sell these to someone local. All 3 games are in incredible condition. Call, PM or text if you want more info. The games are Goldeneye, JackBot and Al's Garage Band with an extra playfield. They are $3K, $2.8K and $2K respectively. Located in my office in Lombard, IL. Willing to give a great package deal.
Jim Tracy
630-373-4875-cell

Man, bad timing, would be interested in the al's garage band, but need to finish my radical projects first.

#3641 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Ditto.....I would be interested in the JB, but timing is just not great for me right now.

I talked myself into it and shouldn't have. Looks like I will be going from KC to there and back in a day. Things we do for the hobby.

3 weeks later
#3696 7 years ago

Has anyone seen the pistol poker in Allerton? Was posted to facebook over the weekend with two pictures. Guy appears to want the moon for it. Wants to trade for a GNR or an Elvira, but won't add any cash. From my understanding he bought it 7 years ago, only machine, and thinking its going to have issues and is unshopped.

1 week later
#3730 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All things being equal, I would think a Pistol Poker is worth much less than either of those games.

It is which is why he still has it. Someone else has one listed for 2800, but also going to sit awhile.

Frankly I want it to finish off my alvin g set. Would almost trade my spare radical straight up once im done with it.

#3733 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but the 2800 one is a true HUO one.

Its nice, but the head is scuffed. I spotted that without even looking over the pictures very deeply. Its huo, not fresh out of the box. The one at chicago for 2800 was huo, but it was from a retailer and retail charges more. a 900 dollar premium on a 1900 dollar game for huo that is not mint. Don't see it and expect the game to sit for awhile until he drops his price or someone gets desperate. I can name 3 people in my neck of the woods who want one, but over 2k and there are numerous other titles they would rather have.

#3735 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that is true, but it's also a title that doesn't show up often. HUO does suffer from head scratches a lot because of people moving them in and out of their houses. Other than that, it's really minty. I've played it before during league.

And its still 900 over average. Its got a reputation as alvin g's worst game. Not to mention many pistol pokers were huo so for this title huo is actually not that uncommon. If it were a good game it would be fetching more in line with mystery castle, not half.

Pingreed at its finest.

#3747 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they must have had a lot of unsold ones sitting around and had to clear them out. Usually games don't have so many HUO ones.

Do a search on rgp, there are plenty of posts about it at the time of alvin g's closing and shortly after. There were quite a few sitting around when they shut their doors. Have also read a few employees tried to setup shop elsewhere and assemble a few machines after the end.

1 month later
#3856 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Machine - For SaleAirborneUsed, working and clean “Airborne pinball by Capcom for sale or trade that is in good working condition all around. Game's playfield is very nice and free of any major wear. Cabinet is nice too with some m...”
12 days ago Richfield Township, MI 2,950 (OBO)
pacman11

Machine - For SaleAl's Garage Band goes on a World TourUsed, working and clean “Alvin G's Garage Band that is in very nice condition. Game has a very nice playfield with no major wear on it. Cabinet is very nice too with a couple of scratches.This is a plug an...”
29 days ago Richfield, MI 2,750 (OBO)
pacman11

Really surprised for the longest time you could not find an airborne to save your life and they have been popping up quite a bit the last few months. Als is also pretty rare and it too keeps showing up.

4 weeks later
#3927 7 years ago

Over in KC, but for the right deal can work something out. Have a Capcom Airborne up for trade. It has a cliffy on the ramp, cliffy covers over the two inlane switches, flipper button mylar, and pincab protectors. Looking to trade for CSI, Big Buck Hunter, Godzilla, Punchy the Clown, Transporter The Rescue, Alvin G Soccer/Football/USA Football, Bally Atlantis or 24.

1 year later
#6227 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I think Chad is in Rockford, IL so you could drive and pick it up yourself and save the $350+ shipping cost...

He isn't talking about shipping the game. The mpu is 380 + shipping from big daddy enterprises. Then you need displays. I am interested in buying the millionaire on my trip next week, but tackling the same issue. The board + displays already put at more than pinside's estimate for a working example. heck the mpu alone puts it over the high end of pinside's estimate.

1 week later
#6270 5 years ago
Quoted from jho159:

Machine - For Sale
Ticket Tac ToeNew!Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Ticket Tac Toe works as it should, excellent condition, needs tickets. $975 obo / Trade”
22 hours ago Peotone, IL 975 (OBO)
For sale or trade

Fits my collection and driving through, but tough to spend 1k on a novelty piece like that. Boards are worth money, just hope no body buys it and parts it out because of that.

5 months later
#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

What are GBLE's going for these days? Considering letting one go thats in the house to make room for MBRLE. My gb has like 30 plays on it.
Stuff currently for sale that I wouldn't mind pricing opinions on anything not HUO are nice and shopped:
Some mods on things like color dmd or whatever, so I can add or subtract for stuff but just wondering what locals think.
GBLE HUO
LOTRLE HUO
TronLE HUO
Roadshow
CFTBL
WOZ
Hobbit LE
I have had CFTBL for sale a little while now, obviously people think the price is high. I might be out of touch with the current pricing, so I am curious to hear local thoughts on prices. I'll be creating marketplace ads for the ones that are already there yet.

Can't say what they are going for there, but there has been one in NE for quite some time at 6900 that just sits. Few mods, but nothing big like a color dmd.

3 months later
#7343 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

worth note that this is very inconsistent/ seems to rarely be enforced anymore.
I see lots of posts in passing about games for sale in various threads.

Kinda question if the value should be raised a bit? I mean, think of how much games have gone up since this rule was first introduced.

1 month later
#7524 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anyone have a lead on Gottlieb Shaq Attack ? Thanks!

There is a project one on various facebook groups for 1k. Think it is down in la, but you might look into it?

1 year later
#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have a unshopped Freddy Kruger. Has playfield wear near flippers. not sure if it works or not. I'll try to plug it in this weekend to give a better discription. $2500 as is

Amazing deal right here...

#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Sure you can.. I paid X, if I sell it for Y I make Z profit. If I have to start going through it and check to make sure things work, replace parts, clean things, the price goes up.

Yes, and he is a retailer so his price tends to be higher. On the other hand he is asking the estimated price and didn't bother to turn it on. This isn't a cheap project. He is asking going rate for a total unknown.

#8470 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I don’t look at it as spamming, nor does it leave a bad taste in my mouth. The dude is running a store and is a distributor for Stern as well as JJP and Chicago Gaming. Have you ever been to his store? He gets a lot of really nice stuff. What about all the other distributors and businesses on this site? Why not bash them? Also, a lot of these “annoying” businesses contribute funds that keep this site up and online. I suppose Pinside could survive with no business advertising and only users like you and I? Lol ??:How would you run your pinball business? No advertising and only word of mouth?

Pretty sure pinside would run just fine with donations from members and the cut they get from sales, but its extra money and the cost to robin is probably minimal. To most end users its some level of annoyance, but unless it was driving people away from the site (which does not seem to be the case) it most likely won't change.

#8483 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Based on what data? Do you know how much it cost to run this site? I don't. I'm sure it's expensive. I guess Pinside should be just a giant garage sale with pinball deals and rare finds for everyone. Huzzah!

I sort of get your point. However, he (GAP) takes in a lot of stuff on trade and doesn't have time to give everything a once over. I'm not sure about you, but I personally have made a trade or had a throw in for a pin I had zero interest in and simply want to move it along to someone else that cares. Freddy has some appeal to certain collectors (not me btw). If it were a Shaq Attack for Barbarella I'm sure he would have just parted it out. Why not get it out there instead of it sitting in the shop for months or years? If you don't like the price, just make an offer.

This site? No, company websites run off either internal serves or hosted in the cloud like say AWS? Yes, its part of what I do every day.

#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What an unusual group? Mike has committed more of his time and life to pinball then most of this group combined yet for that he needs to be crapped on because someone didn’t get a smoking deal? He’s not selling out of a garage it’s a business, why is that so horrible to appreciate. From his local contributions, group events, gameplay videos, parts stocking, accessories, custom pieces, and a place to actually Try these expensive toys before you buy I am amazed by the disrespect he gets. I would bet he works more hours on this hobby in a week then most do in a month with minimal reward. Actually baffled by why he makes the effort as his and his family’s time are basically a hobby donation. Really sad to see the hate for someone like Mike that is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in this hobby (except maybe Yancy...) Even if your not buying a thing from him. When we are all shopping blind on Amazon we will remember the ones we cast out for trying.

He can be nice as pie. People tend to be very nice when they are screwing you over. This was a 2500 dollar freddy aka pinside estimated price that he didn't even bother to plug in. Just about anyone on here will bend over backwards if you are going to pay going rate for an average game (not mint, just average) while receiving a total unknown project. So who cares how nice he is.

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Well, you are certainly living up to your name.
GAP's exact post: "I have a unshopped Freddy Kruger. Has playfield wear near flippers. not sure if it works or not. I'll try to plug it in this weekend to give a better discription. $2500 as is"
Did you completely skip over the fact that he said he will try and plug it in to get a better descrition? Do you really think if you messaged him and asked for pictures or what happened when you plugged it in, that he would tell you no, you have to buy it blind? How is he screwing anyone over? So your "receiving a total unknown project" it a complete pile of dung.
I am pretty sure no one here on pinside would just blindly offer up their $2500 without a bit more information. Yet that is exactly what you are claiming would happen. If you are going to try and tear someone down, have some real just cause.

Sorry are you lacking some reading comprehension skills?

It is as-is. Regardless of what happens when GAP plugs it in, its 2500. The fact that he may bother to later (and it does say may, aka a certainty) does not change that it is a total unknown Freddy for 2500. The best outcome here is that you contact him and it turns out to work and be in decent shape in which case congrats you did a bunch of legwork to get a Freddy at going rate.

Also, if I have to be curt to live up to my name so be it. The fanboys on here that will defend lazy sellers is ridiculous.

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Yes, right now it is an unknown machine for $2500. It's called gauging interest, pretty simple concept. Then, you pick up the phone, email, ride a horse , or call an Uber to do your homework to get more information so it is NO LONGER AN UNKNOWN. Then based on this information, you decide what you think it's worth and make an offer. Still with me here or do you want to continue with the bullshit line that someone is being forced to blindly make a $2500 purchase?
Common sense overrules the bullshit you are trying to pawn off here. You are doing a great job of making yourself look just like your nickname.

Mod already said to stop. Let it go. We can butt heads again next time as you love to do when I post.

2 weeks later
#8610 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I was going thru all my pinball "stuff" and realized I still have a couple DMDs. One is a Data East DMD (Tommy) and the other is a Stern DMD pulled day one from my Metallica. Anyone need either, not even sure what the going rate is for the parts these days?

if no burn in and working 60-100. The higher you put it the longer it will sit.

2 months later
#8850 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Just throwing out that I'd love a DW, Shadow or W?D if anyone has one. Either very nice or beat to absolute hell. No inbetween lol. In fact leaning towards beat to hell so I can have a project.

Wish you were closer. I have a project shadow I'd debate letting go.

#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

7 and a half hours away.... boo. I looked into it but it would have to be a smoking deal for me to drive 15 hours lol

Done it, twice by myself in one go. It is a long long day. Not as bad as Denver and back or Nashville and back, but certainly not fun. Have a standing offer here for 2500 on it since it work so not a smoking deal. Most likely having a friend work on it for me so I can focus on other projects in my collection.

1 month later
#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Looking to mix up my collection a little. No game is safe if the right trade comes along. Really want a batman 66, doctor who, and twd. Would be into other machines if interested in proposing trades.
I have woz (standard but with 2.0 board, and some awesome additions), dialed in le, hobbit:
gold smaug, Metallica pro and afm se for trade bait. Love them all and all in awesome huo shape. Just tossing it out there.

Wish you had spoken up a few days ago. I have a nice twd prem, but its earmarked for trade now. Don't have anything else on your hitlist.

7 months later
#9401 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:Anyone have any (nice) system 11 games for sale? Looking for Pinbot mostly. Would trade beautiful Hobbit for a couple System 11s. Just loving the shit out of simpler rules, lately.

WIsh I'd known. Just traded off my Radical in a trade for a jjp potc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.