6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9,015 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by valechippa6925
  • Topic is favorited by 346 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

273 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chitownpinball. You are on page 1 of 2.
#108 6 years ago

I have a nice T2 with some mods and a BG I would put up for a Shadow in a trade. Let me know. May be far fetched.

(2 for 1)

2 weeks later
#207 6 years ago

Still offering my BG and T2 for a Shadow 2 for 1. Could throw some money in too if the Shadow is nice.

2 weeks later
#321 6 years ago

I could really use a new piece of glass for my SF2....hmmmm.

#338 6 years ago

Who picked up that cheap shadow on CL last week? Lady said it was nice and it was priced VERY well.

#352 6 years ago

Thats hilarious aboput the shadow. I may have tipped her off that herasking price was a little low sorry about that. Glad some one on here picked it up and its nice. Post pics!

#354 6 years ago

All the nice shadows ive seen sell for $3500-4000. Hook it up if you see a deal brother.

1 week later
#395 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Just curious as to why you would do that? Were you interested in the game and wanted to pay more for it or just wanting to make sure someone else paid more for it?

She said "I have had a lot of interest in this machine, I didnt know it was so popular" and I said "well, your price is very attractive, let me know if ______ doesnt show up tonight to check it out".

#415 6 years ago

Any one know the deal with this guy with the Timeline? Ive corresponded with him in the past, he never seems to want any less than his asking. I really like the art package on this machine. If it is indeed working, what do yall think is a fair price? I was offering him $350 before, but may up it to $400/450. Thoughts?

chicago.craigslist.org link

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Chitownpinball- I was thinking bot making an offer to him but I wouldn't even pay 350.. 300 max in my opinion for clunky gottlieb wide body from 1980

Cool, i needed another opinion. I mostly like the art, gameplay is meh.

TBL saving continues!

1 month later
#562 6 years ago

This is WAY off topic, but I wondered if you guys could help.

I have had drainage issues at my home since I bought it. The sump pump line and the gutters were all draining onto the brick patio that the previous owners put in. I have been dealing with drain tile likes all over the place for the last few years now to keep the water off the patio, but the time has some to have some one come in and tear up my yard to do it right. Does any one have an recommendations of a company to do this? I have been on Angie's list, but its hard to pin down a company that ONLY does drainage. Most seem to do landscaping and drainage is secondary.

Any help is appreciated.

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are two main companies in the Chicago area that specialize in drainage. They are U.S. Waterproofing and Perma-Seal. I would suggest giving them both a call and getting some estimates.

OK, I was hoping there were some other places. US Waterproofing gave me a ridiculously expensive estimate when I first moved in for a new sump and backup system. I went and bought the same equipment they specified for less than half what the quoted.

Ill check out Perma-seal. I was under the impression that they only did basement drainage.

Thanks!

#567 6 years ago

I made one of those for my street fighter 2 z-back arcade. the control panel wouldnt make it over the ledge at the 180 turn so i raised it up. Dont know if ill ever get it out in one piece...but its down there.

1 month later
#686 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Don't know if you're still looking or not, but we used a company called SigNature to do our patio. They are on the more expensive side, but it is absolutely done correctly. A side benefit from them doing our patio correctly and grading everything out is that I'm not sure my sump pump has gone off at all since we had it done 4 or so years ago (and obviously you know the kinds of rains we've had on occasion). Yes, they are landscaping first and foremost, but if you want it done right, they certainly knew what they were doing.
I don't know if they reach out down to Aurora or not, though. Not really sure what their range is. Good luck.

Thanks man, i ended up going with Ware Landscaping. They were a little pricey, but i liked what they were all about from the pics on their website. Good work, terrible communication.

I saw some one looking for a big guns...i might sell mine for $950 at some point. I am chasing down a weird power issue where my settings wont save any more. No corrosion on the batteries...i even relocated them to the coin box with a kit...same issue. Says "adjustment error" with door closed and "factory settings" when open....still plays great, but i gotta set my settins every time i turn it on....pissing me off. One project at a time though...this one is next.

1 week later
#755 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

wooly (wrath of olympus) was a virtual game that has been made into a real machine. It was at expo last year, which I'm pretty sure was it first public appearance, and it looked pretty nice. The latest prototype will be there this year and has been advanced nicely since a year ago.

CANT WAIT TO PLAY:
WOOLY
TBL
TWD
AMH (With real software this year)

#757 6 years ago

Durf.

Post edited by Chitownpinball: Im an idiot.

#781 6 years ago

You guys know of any one servicing gottlieb system 1 thats reliable? Not for me, for a friend. He wanted to just replace. I dont think its that bad. I cut the battery off a while ago, no damage, just doesnt boot. Count down fyi.

Thanks

3 weeks later
1 week later
#882 6 years ago

Rich Huff is doing a bunch of restore work that i am coordinating for some people at work. Good stuff.

On another note, id like to turn my T2 into a JP. Any one interested in a trade? Maybe trade plus cash?
T2 is nice, no fade. A little wear from the legs, but i have protectors on there now. Playfield has a little wear on the inlane drops, but i put down some mylar squares. Cointaker LEDs, brite eye mod, hunter killer interactive light up mod, t1000 painted mod, led rings in the pops, chrome decals on the pops, added helicopter over right ramp to match from the movie. Im missing some stuff. I can put up pics or send directly if interested.

I think i may have a buyer for $2500, so is suppose if any one wants to sell a jp for $2500 i could make that happen.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

On another note, id like to turn my T2 into a JP. Any one interested in a trade? Maybe trade plus cash?
T2 is nice, no fade. A little wear from the legs, but i have protectors on there now. Playfield has a little wear on the inlane drops, but i put down some mylar squares. Cointaker LEDs, brite eye mod, hunter killer interactive light up mod, t1000 painted mod, led rings in the pops, chrome decals on the pops, added helicopter over right ramp to match from the movie. Im missing some stuff. I can put up pics or send directly if interested.
I think i may have a buyer for $2500, so is suppose if any one wants to sell a jp for $2500 i could make that happen.

Pipe dream i take it by the lack of replies?

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

you emailed me through CL
The JP is mine

PM sent...maybe ill get a reply from that.

1 week later
#930 6 years ago

Any one know where I can get gottlieb system 80 interconnect harnesses? Evrywhere that had them seems to be sold out. Would rather not over pay on ebay. No time to rebuild mine before my party....

#932 6 years ago

Thanks coug. Its not that i dont WANT to. I have 19 days until my party amd im out of town at least half of that time. On top of everything else that needs to get done...

Its really just a bandaid to be honest. I was hoping it would solve my issue easily but its probably better if i just wait and do it right later. My super orbit has been giving me sound issues for a while....i really just need to do all the ground mods and rebuilding of all the connectors, etc recommended by the wiki. Just havent had the time. Game plays fine, but the sounds are all wacked where they play random wrong sounds for the wrong events. I opened up the backbox recently and fired it up, and boom the sound was fine....lol. Now its back to its old ways. I know my volume pot is bad, the readings are all over the place when you just touch the knob or wiggle it slightly but thats about as far as ive gotten. Some day ill get to this....some day.

#936 6 years ago

Ended up going with a PI-80 from Pascal...pretty pumped. Been wanting to try out one of his boards for a while. Any one else ever order from him? How long did it take to arrive?

Ill do all the ground mods on my old boards while this runs my machine. I'll definitely be owning another System 80 at some point so having this and my extra set of 80A boards will be useful in the future.

#946 6 years ago

Man that TWDLE is so tempting....ugh.

1 month later
#1044 6 years ago

Still looking for a nice JP in the $2500-3000 range.

2 months later
#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Does he send all his email with Capslock on?

No

#1219 5 years ago

This is an unfortunate scenario I wish had not panned out like this. Dealing on CL is such a PITA, I wish we could have just done it on here, which would have given me the chance to vet you and see that you are in the community. I have removed all my posts and requested others to delete the quotes as well. I didnt mean to cause any harm and officially apologize for any damage done. I understand if you need to go else where with your sale, no bad feelings. Dont even know if I could meet with you now face to face any ways, feel like a dick.

I have had several instances where people have had me come by, or set me up to come by, and then when I call the day of, they either sold for more or want more all of a sudden. Its made me gun shy honestly. Im going to stick with the guys I know and stay off CL for a while. Probably for my own good.

#1229 5 years ago

UPDATE: Everything went great. Mike is a cool dude and I am pleased with my purchase. Would definitely do business with him again. Hell, we might even hang out some time!

Proud owner of a SOF!

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

What are you talking about? What bullshit setup?

Ya i not sure wat he means either. Ill pass people on the shoulder if there is no left turn lane.

We all drive 80mph on a 55mph higway, i dunno what the problem is for you.

Now ohio, those sons of bitches cant drive and dont understand that the left lane is for passing. Encounter them all the time on road trips and hate that entire state because of them.

#1271 5 years ago

Im going to track one of these signs down. some one has to at least.

#1290 5 years ago

Wtb: TMNT in Time PCB

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Ouch, that's an expensive pcb, 350-400 these days.

I know right? I got my original tmnt arcade pcb for like $99 a while ago.

#1301 5 years ago

$615! Good lord!

1 week later
#1339 5 years ago

Why do all these sweet machines keep coming up in Aurora? Shoot me now.

1 week later
#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I'm not sure why there's not one of these already, but a group has been started on Facebook for Chicagoland pinball and arcade people. Hoping for general location stuff, chatter, etc. If you have things for sale, you may wanna crosspost there as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicagopinballandarcade/

No fb for me thanks. Its the devil!

Quoted from gweempose:

I'd be afraid of an Escalera, but that Lectrotruck does seem way safer for your average person to use.

It is a little scary, but you get used to it. Ive used one about half a dozen times now. Its nice being able to get machines IN and OUT of my house by myself. I still need help getting them in the basement though because of my stupid stairwell dimensions.

2 weeks later
#1440 5 years ago

Got a work friend looking for a nice shadow.

6 months later
#1914 5 years ago

I dont know if this is a possibility, but I want a nice HH with bullet proofing, ground mods, etc done to it locally. Any one?

#1931 5 years ago

I dont know if this is a possibility, but I want a nice HH with bullet proofing, ground mods, etc done to it locally. Any one?

Got a lead on one in Wisconsin that sounds nice. Waiting on pics. Any one any closer have a nice example they would like to part with? Would like to have this done before the snow falls (and sticks).

#1940 5 years ago

Ya but thats a REALLY nice one...

1 week later
#1979 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Posted my SlugFest here not too long ago. $1,750. Price is negotiable. Has the topper, card dispenser and catcher/chute. LEDs, and lots of other stuff thrown in. Also willing to trade.

Lemme know if you drop closer to 1k.

1 week later
#2005 5 years ago

Is a sub $1000 fireball realistic? Id really like one eventually, but all I see are very expensive offerings.

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is the solid state and not the EM >> big difference for most.

Ahhh yes. Didnt realize SS didnt have zipper flippers. Dang. I guess I will just have to keep saving.

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is a fun game in EM version and one of the few EMs I would like to own but not worth the EM price tag IMO. I would rather find any one of the other great EMs if I were to ever own one, and for much better bang for the buck.

Thanks for all the input guys. Id consider a gator as well. I really want an EM with zipper flippers in my line up at some point.

#2022 5 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I ended up snagging a HH in wisconsin last night, so my zipper flipper search will have to be put on hold for now....man $400 though...crap, lol. Maybe if you were closer and I didnt just drive 6 hrs for a hh last night.

#2025 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Was that ralpwiggums HH? If so, nice example!

Yep. Super nice guy! Cant wait to get it home. Got it at my office right now waiting to go home.

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

never seen Tims.........haunted house.

And you never will.....well, maybe you will, once I post pics in the HH club.

1 week later
#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

That's why you guys need an Escalera. I can't grab them out of basements anymore without one. I used to be able to do that but after messing my back up I bought one and now I sell them. Get one now before you hurt you back!
Larry

Love ours too. One man can move a pin out of a basement if its a straight stair case.

1 week later
#2148 5 years ago

Any one see the gorgeous flash gordon on CL this morning? wow.

#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Seems like a really fair price for the condition too

If I didnt just buy my HH, I might have scooped it up.

2 weeks later
#2216 4 years ago

Ok, who snagged that beautiful $350 cleopatra?

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

There were no pictures of the playfield so I am curious to know just how beautiful it was. I emailed but I didn't get a response.

I asked for pics of the playfield too, twice. Really, with how nice the cab is, I bet its pretty nice. Either way, I have a full populated playfield and a backbox with displays and boards for this game, so I was hoping to pick it up on the cheap.

Hope some one other than a freakin flipper got this game....although I bet we see it pop back up for $1000.

1 week later
#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

Selling my gorgeous customized Apollo13. Was holding out for a trade, but at this time I need the space to refinish the basement. 3000 Firm for Pinsiders and league members only. Previously owner paid $3400 with nothing done to it, and I added 500-$600 and a ton of time. A lot of unique Apollo 13 space memorabilia included.
See my Chicago area Pinside marketplace ad for details.

Just keep it, come on!

#2288 4 years ago

Wish i had the cash. Wife and i binged got over the last month. Almost caught up.

4 weeks later
#2433 4 years ago

K, so who is buying a GB and wants to be my new best friend? I need to get some time on one before I decide if I want to unload half my collection to get one.......

1 week later
#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Yeah, so back on track...I'm still looking to sell my Strange Science. Freshly shopped and in great shape with a 100% working topper and a new main ramp. PM me if interested.

Still wish this was in my basement....good luck with the sale.

1 week later
#2558 4 years ago

Any one have a data east playfield power board (PPB) laying around they arent using? May need a loaner for the weekend. This is going in a JP.

#2561 4 years ago

Cool, thanks guys. I still have hope mine will show up before the weekend, but if not you might hear from me.

1 week later
#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from ArkhamB:

Anyone here getting the Space Shuttle that went up on Craigslist yesterday? Or is it going to a flipper?
Shuffleboard looks nice! I may be in the minority here, but I hate air hockey
Brian

Wondering about the ss myself. Killer price.

3 weeks later
#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Friend asking if there is interest:
Big Ben $500.00
Odds & Evens $625.00
Fireball $1,300.00
Pictures I have are low res. Games all work and all are in pretty nice condition.

Man, really wish Fireball wasnt so spensive!

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Gonna re-theme it to Angel?

Man that would be sad.

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Edit: I was kidding about the Firefly comment. I am actually looking for one for my girls to play and enjoy. Although if I do another project Firefly would be high on the list!

I would be more sad that the TMNT got hacked up more than what it was re-themed to. Happy to hear. Let me know if you find 2 at a good price.

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

have you played at least 20 games on it?

Dude, just stop. I love my SF2. So does my wife. Its a fun game. You own an orbitor one, a one trick pony game thats good for a game or two once a year. You have no room to judge.

I WANT this.....your ad tempts me every day. I just dont have anything I want to get rid of at the moment and I dont have the extra scratch. Wish I did though!

#2810 4 years ago

RCT, BBH, RBION (although ive never played a tuned one before), and some others, but I dont go around pooing on these games when people mention them.

#2829 4 years ago

Nice! Ive been trying to get a guy at work to buy a TSPP for a long time. Very nice example. Hes a total noob, so you may have to coach him a bit. I will let you know.

#2833 4 years ago

I forgot to ask.....is any one in here a Honda dealer? Looking for a good deal on a new Pilot.

#2864 4 years ago

That laser cue is killer! GLWTS!

Any one in here the guy driving the jeep with the license plate "pinwiz"? Saw you bright and early this morning as we both got on to 88 from eola.

2 months later
#3121 4 years ago

Non pinball related

2012 Toyota Prius Weathertech mats. Light grey, full set. Laser measured version. $180 retail, asking $100.

Ill have pics once i get them cleaned up. Only issue is that the stickers are coming off...doesnt effect use.

2 weeks later
#3183 4 years ago

So are you guys gonna group all the ads together from each region to make it easier to find local games?

#3186 4 years ago

So were still good? Ok, confusing. I thought you were shutting this down. Carry on.

#3210 4 years ago

I guess im riff raff. I donate $5 a year to pinside and I think thats enough. Everything theyve added or changed is unnecessary. Just leave it alone, it works fine. I would not pay $25/yr, id rather find another site at that point. I spend enough on pinball, I dont need to spend more. Yall with unlimited pin budgets are the elite of this hobby, some of us are just scraping by to stay in it.

#3214 4 years ago

I get ya. Im more of a "play the free games for free and let the rest pay for the extra crap" (in terms of apps) kind of guy. $20 more is just another bill I dont need to pay. Im already thinking about downsizing my collection with the baby, damn those things are expensive. Im fighting it as much as I can, but Im beggining to think its inevitable.

#3249 4 years ago

Any one got any hook ups in San Diego area? Got a noob buddy looking for his first pin. Would love to be able to flip at his crib when Im there. Let me know please.

#3265 4 years ago

YOU PEOPLE WITHOUT HEARTS MAKE ME SICK!

#3267 4 years ago

That guy is a league of his own. Entertaining to read.

I only donate $5 a year. I just consider it a thank you to Robin for keeping this thing going. Nobody HAS to do it. Id be totally ok with ads on this site as long as they were all pinball or arcade related and non obtrusive.

#3280 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sure in the spirit of keeping on topic, I have a Gold Wings I just put up locally a few minutes ago.
http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=989

7 freaking 50! I gotta see the pics...wow. I paid more for a much lower quality machine. damn.

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It has a topper too

GIMME A BREAK!!!!

#3286 4 years ago

as you should be. fun unique layout, good seller. if i didnt just make a mini human id be all over it.

1 week later
#3333 4 years ago

I really want a Qbert. I really cant afford one. Who has a free Qbert? No one, ok, moving on....lol.

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Just picked up a working gold wings, with working topper, needs shopped 800obo
Also a working flash, freshly stripped re rubbered and waxed. decent shape 1050obo
Bringing these and maybe a few others to arcade expo, along with hobbit, woz, and parts galore.
See ya Friday or sat
I may have a few extra Hobbits for sale that are ready to ship!!
Pincades
JT

Wanna sell the topper?

#3381 4 years ago

Why do things always come up on CL at the worst times? Who ever gets that Ice Fever is very lucky. Looks nice for the price.

#3388 4 years ago

So, come on, spill the beans. Who got that $700 Ice Fever that looked pretty freakin nice......

2 weeks later
#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Still like SF2 here. PF art isn't bad. Good sound. Cab is not bad looking. Translite is hideous and it has to be in tournament mode to play against anyone. Not a-title material, but for an entry level dmd I'd take it over demo man, oooo a claw toy, ooooo.

Agree. Its the video game made almost shot for shot into a pin. It was made for the license, nothing more. My $500 pick up is well worth the space to compliment my arcade machine. My wife loves it because its the only game she says she actually understands whats going on. Non pin heads love it.

1 week later
#3530 4 years ago

If we all email her with low balls maybe shell come around for you....?

#3536 4 years ago

Looking for a decent shape/price LAH for a friend if any one knows of any. Thanks

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you can't find a nice LAH, you can find a players condition one and i'll have a nice freshly clearcoated and touched up NOS playfield for it ready soon.

Ha, I doubt hes got the budget for that. LAH is already out of his price range it seems. I cant believe how much theyre going for these days.

2 weeks later
#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have an I.C.E. Ice Cold Beer with a bunch of extras I just listed locally.... if anyone has a couple of reasonably priced sit down racers, you have my attention.
http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1055

Wow. Dude on CL here has had one on there for $2000 forever. I can attest this man is a straight shooter and this is a hell of a deal.

3 weeks later
#3680 4 years ago

In the market for nice examples of:

Bad Girls
Monte Carlo (Must have original translite)

Let me know!

1 week later
#3694 4 years ago

Looking for a nice Gameboy Advance SP. preferably the nes version, but ill entertain others.

#3698 4 years ago

Any one recommend a landscaping company in my area?

#3714 4 years ago

Looking for a Nintendo Play Choice 10. Any models will be considered.

#3720 4 years ago

Looking for a Nintendo Play Choice 10. Any models will be considered.

Actually Ill consider ANY nintendo cabinet games.

Also would like a Super Dodgeball Cabinet/Monitor (basically everything but the board). I have a SDB board and no cabinet. Love me some SDB.

3 weeks later
#3766 4 years ago

What happened to Tim (ralph wiggum)? Looks like hes deactivated. Hope everything is alright. Was just about to send him a message.

#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Does anyone want to trade a pinball machine for a giant inflatable clown head?

That freakin guy.....

3 weeks later
#3873 4 years ago

Man, its close to impossible to deal with any older gentlemen who still think prices are from the 2000's.

On that note, any one got any leads on a FG in decent shape? Doesnt need to be shopped. Shopping the market. Thanks

2 weeks later
#3923 3 years ago

Any one know who is selling this WW? Seems like a decent deal that hasnt moved yet.

chicago.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#3950 3 years ago

On a related note, Id like to find an EM with zipper flippers for less than a grand, if that is even possible.

#3953 3 years ago

Any one want to or know any one who wants to take a crack at restoring this super chexx rip off "face off"?

Just got bad news from a guy that he doesnt want to work on it because its a knock off and the parts are unobtanium.

WTF why cant I post pics here? Thats goofy. First time ive been mad about pinside rules.

https://i1.pinside.com/7/b2/7b232889c4882ea4a2bdd6c6e818a4175d8dceae/resized/740/7b232889c4882ea4a2bdd6c6e818a4175d8dceae.jpg

#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from Paulb:

I have DE Star wars completely refurbished, lots of new parts 3900.00 text 574 361 9561 or call Paul

Man Im never going to be able to afford one of these if they keep going up.

#3967 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Never played it, but don't really have a desire to either. Thanks though!

The game isnt terrible, but I just hate nascar so much.

#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I'd trade you a giant inflatable clown head for it.

I laughed SO hard when I read that guys wanted ad for an inflatable clowns head. "Just kidding, nobody wants an inflatable fucking clown head"...gold man.

I promise, as a decent human being in the pinball community, if I win the lottery, I will personally purchase all this crap that people want to sell and trade for pinballs on chicago's CL. Mark my words. Would love to see all that junk go away. I hate hiding the ads over and over.

1 week later
#4031 3 years ago

I prodded the clown head guy a bit to see if he would trade for a zizzle but he doesnt know what that is and cant understand what Im describing. He seems like a real intellectual.

#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

We should see what kind of a cash price he would be willing to take since that thing has been on C.L. for what, 2 + years?

He wont take cash Im pretty sure. If he does, Im going to bet he wants $1000 for it.

#4053 3 years ago

Speaking of cl. This guy with the robocop arcade says best offer but wont budge lower than 450. Exidy price list says 250-400 max. Gimme a break with these people. I dont even want it that bad but its now become a game to show how wrong he is. I need help.

#4076 3 years ago

I think people are just selling in other spots.

2 weeks later
#4184 3 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Hi
I just posted this in the MGC thread, but thought I would drop it here as well. I have a friend who's looking to get into his first pin, trying to stay at or below $3k. Probably looking for something along the lines of a Data East (Hook / Jurassic Park), and something in pretty good cosmetic shape. I don't mind having to clean it up and/or repair it, but I'd like to stick with a game more reputable for being bullet proof. Does anyone local or coming to MGC have one that they are looking to sell that might fit the bill?
Aaron

Just sell him that Hook bro. You now you dont play it.

1 week later
#4226 3 years ago

Any one in my area a System 80b guru? I got a gold wings back for a friend from restoration, it worked for a few games. I moved it 2', and it stopped working. Im not sure what is wrong. The swemmer cpu board has 5v led lit. The games displays dont come on, it doesnt coin up or start a game. The flippers just work for no apparent reason and the lights are in attract mode.

I can pay you for your time in beer or cash depending on your interests.

Let me know. I have a party next weekend and I want all my machines to be up.

#4228 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Check your slam switch on the coin door

It looked closed to me, but I will check it again. I pushed on it to to close it. No dice.

My next best guess is that the display is toast (cap is a little burnt looking) and that might be causing the issue. Am going to try and unplug it and turn it on.

#4229 3 years ago

Wow...System 80b is like garlic to pinheads. Nobody wants money OR beer.

#4238 3 years ago

Thats some full service there. Hope there was beer involved, lol.

#4240 3 years ago

Shout out to psd4me (Mike). Came by and confirmed my swemmer board was junk. Thats TWO swemmer boards now that have had the same issue...very odd.

Super nice guy. He did what others would not. Thanks man!

#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Chexx Machine

Other - For Sale
Chexx Hockey Machine
“I have a Chexx Hockey game that is for sale. The Dome, playfield & all the men are all brand new. Game is fully working. $1500”
16 days ago Appleton, WI 1,500
TomGWI

This model doesnt register shots on goals, right?

2 weeks later
#4281 3 years ago

Any one know the guy selling the strange science in rock island on ebay?

1 week later
#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from Mfox:

That Strange Science is on consignment at Pinball Life now. Price is $2000 obo.
Mike

Really.....lol. Oh well. They had the guts and money to deal with that guy. Good for them.

1 week later
#4328 3 years ago

Tempting to put next to my super orbit....grrr no money...

#4336 3 years ago

Still looking for a super dodge ball arcade. I have the board, just need the cab/monitor/ps. Looking for a decent deal. Ive had this board a long time. Would be nice to use it.

https://r.mprd.se/MAME/cabinets/spdodgeb.png

1 week later
#4360 3 years ago

Junk I bought off Offerup.

Archived after 26 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Monte Carlo Archived
Functional - needs major work “This ad is for a mistake I made purchasing off the Offerup app sight unseen. Its a piece of work. Electrical hacks a plenty. Doesnt boot, blows fuses. This is a project to say the ...”
2017-06-28
Chicago, IL
500 (OBO)

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

totem
madison.craigslist.org link
$450 obo

That backglass is sweet,

#4392 3 years ago

Whos everyones favorite distributor in chicago area for nib stern and jjp? Ive been happy with kurt at hemispheres but a friend asked me so I figured I shop around for an opinion.

1 week later
#4420 3 years ago

Local Gottlieb/Premier board repair?

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Did you pick up that M.C.?

Unrelated.

#4424 3 years ago

We got any apiarists in the mix? Looking for a good deal on bulk honey. Let me know.

2 weeks later
#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I really take care of my machines. Anybody that's played my stuff hopefully agrees.

I dunno, I think I need some play time to decide....

2 weeks later
#4525 3 years ago

Entertaining the idea of trading/selling my T2 and JP to fund a really nice DESW.

Any one interested in such a deal?

Would want:
CC or immaculate playfield
Tasteful LEDs
Pinsound board
Color DMD
New Chad ROM (negotiable since I can get this easily)
CC or immaculate cab

Just tossing it around. My wife is a big SW fan. She isnt impressed with the new machine. Let me know!

1 week later
#4572 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

routed games are much less than HUO games. $3500 seems high for a routed MET pro.

REALLY?!

#4575 3 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Yeah, but look at the market price of old routed williams titles that originally sold for 2k...
I would take a routed Met pro for 3,500 all day...

Thats what I was thinking....and he said $3500 was HIGH! Like woah..so can I get a beat MET pro for $3000 or less? wow.

#4578 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

old collectible games that have grossly risen in prices over the years is a totally different story than fresh routed games of new. Remember when a routed AFM was $2k? Closer to when it was new? $700 JM's, $800 BSD, $1500 TZ. Fresh off route. MET fresh off route is similar to fresh off route in those days.
Don't expect to buy a game for $4300, route the shit out of it, and sell it for $4300. You might find 1 or 2 suckers that don't know better, but anyone that knows, knows not to .

Pass on those sub $3k metallicas when you can.

2 weeks later
#4678 3 years ago
Quoted from MidWestPin:

I am also looking for a Chicago-based repair service for Gottlieb and Premier boards.

I wonder who for...

4 weeks later
#4857 3 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

And I am buying back my Orbit!

Orbit is a sweet game. Good choice.

2 weeks later
#4905 3 years ago

Any one recommend an at-home repair tech that will service the Aurora area? I think Gavin got scared either by how fa rI was or that I asked what his hourly rate was. havent gotten a reply in over a month, oh well.

Need some one to come trouble shoot my HH mostly. My trap door opens, but when the ball goes into the lower playfield, it doesnt energize, and then when it pops back up, neither does the main playfield. Also have a display getting dimmer and dimmer with time.

I just dont have the time. I can clean and shop games, and fix minor issues, but when it comes to detailed trouble shooting, I just dont have the time any more. Bums me out, but instead of just selling all my machines and getting out, Ill try and see if I can get some one over. Still love to play, and love the fact I have access to great games in my own home. HH is my grail.

#4910 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You could try Gavin again, his responses are are a weak spot

Good to know. I gave up after 2 tries in the last month. I will if I dont hear back from the lead I just got. Thanks.

#4938 3 years ago

JP...so hot right now.

#4942 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I sold too early. Typical.

Im glad I didnt. I really considered it for TNA, but I think Im gonna stay put until I actually get to play it....which will probably be never.

#4945 3 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Oh, I'm sure someone in the area could invite you over to play theirs.

OHHHH?????

Quoted from KingPinGames:

there will be a couple at the pinball life open house. There is a possibility that one will even be staying there afterwards if you wanted to make the drive up and check it out.

I dont think Ill make it to expo again for the 3rd year in a row. Its at one of the busiest times of the year for me at work. Such bad timing.

#4947 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The expo runs 24 hours, how many hours a day can you work! lol You need to find personal time eventually and Expo to me is a Great way to remind yourself again what its all about. Great games, great people, and a chance to meet many of the Great vendors supporting our hobby Especially Terry at Pinball Life for Chicago.

Ill be at mccormick place till the 10th and then i leave for orlando/colorado the 14th. no way my wife lets me do shit before i go on a two week trip.

I have no personal time, lol. Probably why my machines dont get turned on much any more. Although this weekend im putting a few adult beverages in me and im gonna turn them all on and see which ones are broke!

#4949 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol sounds like your married to the same person. We have the same rules when I travel. My guess is your work chases the trade show circuit, Not a fun ordeal and explains your lack of free time. Staging for our company at Fabtech McCormic myself. I love to hate trade shows.....

Ya, were a corporate AV provider. I follow pharma companies, real estate companies, etc, all over the US and abroad (although i shut international travel down two years ago because i hated it).

Last time I was at expo it was when Danesi was standing with DP showing off the lebowski prototypes. I ended up breaking one of them while playing and shouting "ANGEL OF DEATH!" like a nerd because it was the 3rd machine I had broken that day. Everyone looked at me like I was nuts.

1 week later
#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Anyone know the value of a Ghost & Goblins stand up arcade game? A colleague of mine at work is interested in selling his. Thanks

Looks like 500-1000 depending on condition

http://www.arcade-classics.com/exidy_arcade_price_guide.html

1 month later
#5199 3 years ago

I CANNOT get arcade adventures to reply to me. Text, email, voicemail, nothing. They dont want my money? Ive heard good things, but damned if I cant get them to reply. Any tips?

#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yeah, start calling Jeff names and he replies.

Jeff, Jeffy, The Jeffster. Jeeeef.

That work?

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Without going into any details
A delayed response from Jeff is completely understandable
He has more important priorities at the moment

Absolutely, thanks for the update.

Any one recommend a local arcade restorer in the mean time?

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

what cha need done. or help with
Pincades

Pm sent!

1 week later
#5242 3 years ago

Nice!

Speaking of side rails...does any one know if the lollipop rails from Kiss LE will fit DEJP? We put guitar rails on the LE, and I was wondering what the red rails would look like on my JP....

1 week later
#5266 3 years ago

Still looking for some one to restore my capcom gunsmoke...no one replies once they see how much work it is, lol.

1 week later
#5299 3 years ago

Any of my local bros have the proper tools to repin this connector on my jp? It looks like Ill have to add a 12v power supply to get the mods my machine came with to work properly. Im going to be working on this machine the week between xmas and new years, so if any one local has the time to come by, let me know. I have beer! LOL

https://images.pinside.com/a/15/a1576dd37bd02cdc79932c51f2b239dbaf2dbf2e/resized/large/a1576dd37bd02cdc79932c51f2b239dbaf2dbf2e.jpg

#5307 3 years ago

Who is this ryan guy in naperville buying machines cheap and then marking them up $1000+ and putting them back up for sale?

#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Jim does some awesome restoration work. I believe he used to do stuff for the old Home Arcade Co.

His kid looks like he just throws some random leds in, new rubber, doesnt clean it, and then marks it up.

#5322 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Are you assuming this or have you seen the machines he sells personally? Not pictures, have seen the games in person?

Im talking based on pictures. The fireball he picked up for $400 in awesome condition he put leds in, new rubber, and the thing still looks dirty from the pics like he didnt even wipe it down. $1795....really? $1300 to do that? NO WAY.

Ya, you sniping games off CL to turn around and sell for inflated prices IS annoying and I am jealous as well. You guys kill the market for us small guys looking for deals of our own.

#5334 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Ok, you have proven my point. You are talking out your ass. You have not seen the machine, just pictures. You have ZERO clue what he has put into the machine, so you really don't know. Easy for you to put him down because you didn't get the deal. I see his ads on a regular basis. It's quite simple, if they are overpriced, they do not sell.
Secondly, you don't know me other than what I post here. You have ZERO clues as to what I did with any machine I bought. At one time I had amassed close to 30 machines. I built my personal collection by buying , selling , & trading, just like the many here have. Many people got the benefit of some great package deals from me that are right here on this board. You can take your "you guys" and stuff it in your coin chute. Please, just one example of an inflated price that I sold a machine for? Don't let your fingers write a check that your ass cannot cash. I have guys that PM me on a regular basis looking to see if I have any more deals for them. Like I said, it's been 5 years since I have been heavy in chasing "the deals". Don't fault me because I had the time to do it.

This doesnt look shopped to me. It looks like some one plopped a bunch of one color leds in it (which looks terrible) and didnt bother to clean the area around the flippers or trough. That is not worth $1300.

https://offerup.co/lLdq/QmQSmQfpMI

#5338 3 years ago

This doesnt look shopped to me. It looks like some one plopped a bunch of one color leds in it (which looks terrible) and didnt bother to clean the area around the flippers or trough. That is not worth $1300.
https://offerup.co/lLdq/QmQSmQfpMI

Also, I want to be clear. I said "you guys" because when you were defending him, you made it seem like you were doing the same thing. I did not mean it as an attack on you personally (vdojaq), but as an overall gripe on flippers.

Its one thing to buy a game cheap, fix it up, and play it at home for a while before selling or trading it. Its another to buy a steal, bastardise it, and sell it for a huge mark up from the price it was bought for two days later. It costs $500 from a local company to shop and led a machine, and I think thats a bit on the high end myself. $1300 is another plateau. You are right, it wont sell if its priced too high, and it hasnt yet.

/rant

Back to your regularly scheduled programming

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I like the Titan flipper rubbers. They obviously don't play exactly like normal rubber, but they have a nice feel to them. Super-Bands, on the other hand, completely change the way the game plays.

Ya...super bands. Ive stopped a ball on the tip of the flipper before, very odd behavior. Ill have to look and see if titan makes clear flipper rubber. I really dig my chrome flippers and clear rubber on my t2.

#5405 3 years ago

Thinking about getting my Super Orbit back glass cleared. It has a couple small areas that would need touch up, but nothng too bad. Not much flaking either if at all. Any one in the area some one can recommend?

2 weeks later
#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just put my Star Wars DE up for sale.
Pinsound board.
Color dmd.
Clear coated.
Clear bands.

Wish I had the coin. Nice machine.

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from vegasplayer:

Still looking in 2018 for an excellent example (Diamondplate preferred) with little to no magnet wear within a few hours drive of Chicago. Please email with description, pictures and price. Thanks.

Excellent example of.........?

#5492 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

BW100 for sale.

Machine - For Sale
Blackwater 100New!Functional - needs minor work “Survivor BW100. Cab is in great shape-no decal fade. Playfield also is in great shape (1 loose post). 1 broken playfield plastic (the one over the multi-ball start gate-see pic). L...”
18 minutes ago Downers Grove, IL 2,200 (OBO)
nascarrey

UGH! So cool.....want a t2? lol....

2 weeks later
#5550 2 years ago

Still looking for a Gottlieb system 3 lock down bar....

#5559 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Is there much difference in the sys 1 to the sys 3? I may have one.

I believe so. I have a lead on one. I will get back to you if that falls through.

#5597 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah Kevin has some really nice stuff. We have done some deals and the quality of his collection is amazing.
Plus he is just a really nice guy.

I dont know this Kevin. Send me his address so I can inspect his pins for clown puke.

#5607 2 years ago

Wish I had that much space...looks neat.

#5611 2 years ago

Still looking for some one to touch up my Super Orbit backglass and apply clear to it for protection. Touch ups are minimal. Any one?

3 weeks later
#5685 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Anyone have a nice sopranos that they would want to trade for a STTNG

you feelin ok?

3 weeks later
#5780 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

FYI, the blue DMD is no longer available. I accidentally fried that sucker when testing it out earlier today.

Really sorry about this...feel kinda responsible.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-a-5v-led-dmd-in-an-older-game

3 weeks later
#5857 2 years ago

Still looking for some one to restore my capcom gunsmoke arcade....

Any one ever use ricksgamerepair.com?

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

You can drop a game with Rick and not have to pay for his travel...

Thats what Im going to do. Hes in Elburn, and I already need to make a run over there, two birds!

#5874 2 years ago

Awesome, cant wait to get my game over to Rick to get some love.

On another note, does any one have access to any brewing supply deals? I am looking for 5 and 6 gallon glass carboys and 5 gallon ball lock kegs. If any one has any leads or anything, let me know.

I prefer to work with a friend of a friend because my work schedule blows and friends of friends are more likely to hold onto stuff until I have time to come get it. Thanks

3 weeks later
#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who grabbed that Mousin' Around on Facebook for $900? I shot the seller a PM as soon as I saw the ad, but it was already sold.

Probably that jag flipper from naperville named Ryan. Look for it to be LED’d into oblivion and put back up for $1900.

#5975 2 years ago

I need advice you guys...

Ive been working with a local restoration pinball company for the last 5 or so years to get some games restored for a family member.

Things were good at first, kind of. Clear coat was sloppy, cupped inserts, etc. I brushed it off as I wasnt planning on any more clear from this guy after that. The cabinet artwork turned out great how ever. The game was doa when it was delivered. System 80 gottlieb, no surprise there. But he had to come back another time to replace the board he thought was the issue. Game boots and plays bow, but it still has weird light issues.

Second game came out ok. Another system 80. Took it with a grain of salt, those games can be tricky.

Did a couple system 3’s that turned out alright. I thought the price was kind of high, but the games worked and were cleanish.

When I went to system 80b’s, thats when things got weird. Ground mods I asked to be done were NOT done but I was still billed for it. Other things like boards being replaced...charged but oems were in there.

So this guy is basically running on cruise control not even inspecting games before they get delivered. Hes also kept ALL of my oem boards from these games as hes more of a “replace it” over “get it fixed” guy with boards. Which is fine, if they work. Which even with aftermarket boards, i still have a hollywood heat that wont boot with multiple swemmers. When i got an oem board fixed by another aquantence, game works fine.

Really at a loss. This dude has had one of my system 3’s for almost TWO YEARS and he finally got Gavin to fix it. While I hear Gavin is great, im still super scepticle this game will work when its delivered.

Ive been asking for my game back, my pin lift, and my oem boards. I get short answers from this guy now, which is really annoying. I just want to get everything back at this point and move on. Ive spent THOUSANDS with this guy, and I feel like I am getting strung along.

Any input is appreciated. Im at a loss.

#5979 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nifty LED? sorry, had to ask

Negative. Not looking to blast this person out, as he is a nice guy. Its just an unfortunate situation. I PM’d inhome to see what he thinks.

Thanks guys.

1 week later
#6010 2 years ago

Many of you told me, but now I am a believer as well. Rick is the man!! Holy shit does this look great, and its not totally done yet!! Cant wait!

No pics here sooo...

https://imgur.com/gallery/m48hCzb

#6039 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It’s definitely a buyers market right now. Trying to keep this local.

Wish I had the coin bro. I sent a few tests out to people who might be interested. Every one strapped for cash...so many summer projects going on right now.

1 month later
#6111 2 years ago

Need a tv mount for the garage or game room? I am your guy right now. I have multiple peerles av setups for 40-60” tvs. I also have computer mounting hard ware for mounting pcs to the backs of the monitors before they mount to the wall.

I have pics, shoot me a pm with you cell and I can send them over. I need this stuff gone by end of week.

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE

Its all in woodridge off 355 and boughton area.

Edit:
Let me also be clear. These are for flat screen TVs. No old CRT junk. All newer TV brackets.

If some one can take EVERYTHING in once shot, that would be ideal.

1 week later
#6163 2 years ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

And Big Guns must go too (sale pending, CL post removed)

That was quick!

#6168 2 years ago

Is that really the going rate for a project Freddy? Ouch. Have been looking....too rich for my blood.