FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#278 9 years ago

Anyone selling or have any leads on a real nice Space Station? I just recently put time on this game for the first time a few weeks ago and now I have to have one. There have been a couple on ebay, but condition is unknown and the prices are typically high.

Any help appreciated!

6 years later
#8787 3 years ago

Looking for a Deadpool Premium, Star Wars Comic Premium, and a JP Premium. Would consider package deals for multiple games.

2 months later
#8930 3 years ago

I'm in the market for a DP Prem, Star Wars Comic Prem, and a Jurassic Premium. I'd also consider buying any 2 of the 3 in a package deal.

2 months later
#9127 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Does anyone have a Hobbit available, preferably Black Arrow? Does anyone have interest in an AIQ LE? It has a topper. Hear those are valuable. Does anyone have a Hobbit and want an AIQ LE? POTC LE/CE would also work in lieu of Hobbit...but...ya.

So close. I have a Smaug that I've considered trading, and I've been thinking about an AIQ Prem. I've been assuming a purple powder coat, so not sure I want to pay up for the yellow armor.

1 week later
#9141 3 years ago

I have a few games on the block. Two are ads, the other two coming shortly.

Machine - For Sale
Space Station Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice players condition Space Station. Added transparent blue ramp and a 3D printed blue diverter under space station. Also have original black diverter. Game converted to LEDs. P...”
2021-03-11
Lockport, IL
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 521 times
Contributed to Pinside

Original MM with tons of upgrades and Hobbit will be posted shortly.

Looking to trade for Star Wars Comic Premium.

#9145 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How much for the hobbit?

I'd really prefer to trade it for Star Wars Comic Prem. Will also consider EHOH Prem or even Deadpool Prem.

For reference, it's a Smaug. Game looks awesome.

It has a few mods: Lior's book and barrel legs, lighted bag end, and the barrel spotlights (x4).

#9147 3 years ago

FYI - here are the Medieval Madness and Hobbit listings. Priority given to trades versus cash offers.

I'm looking for Star Wars Comic Prem, EHOH Prem, or Deadpool Prem. Possibly consider GNR LE without chipping issues.

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Amazing Smaug Hobbit with some extra mods. Additions: Lior's book and barrel feet sculpts Lighted bag end mod 4 Barrel flashers Strongly prefer trading for Star Wars Comic Premiu...”
2021-03-12
Lockport, IL
Trade
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 1454 times
Contributed to Pinside

4 months later
#9451 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Agree, Gavin strung me along for a month. Finally gave up waiting and getting blown off on agreed appointments. Called Rick and few days later my machine was fixed.

I've had mixed results with Gavin. I too have gotten strung along at times, and then other times when he came out, he spent as much time play testing the games as fixing them. I appreciate someone who puts a game through its paces rather than assume they addressed the fix, but he literally put up huge GC scores to test things? LOL.

I've had a ton of experience with Rick, and he's as good of a guy as you'll ever meet. Love dealing with him. I've had a lot of success with him on DMD and newer games, but old 80s stuff seemed a little out of his typical scope.

I've also had great results from Phil at Arcades at Home in Romeoville. I'm near him, so I started using him versus Rick driving from so far away. Phil is also super nice and he has a broad base of knowledge across multiple eras of games.

1 month later
#9537 2 years ago

Anyone willing to sell/trade a Deadpool Prem?

Been looking for one for a while, but I keep missing out.

1 month later
#9675 2 years ago
Quoted from balt:

Stuff I'm looking for that I didn't find at Expo:
1. Stern red LED DMD, part #520-5052-15
2. Rotisserie (I will order one from Marco if I strike out locally)
3. Donor cabinet for a homebrew.
Cheers!

Not sure if it is *exactly* this, but I have the "Pintisserie" style rotisserie that I could sell you.

Similar, if not exactly, this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PINTIS

If you are interested, I can check it out and send you a few pics. Let me know.

#9719 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

http://www.cpcpowdercoating.com/
Their work is great and reasonable pricing. Good luck wherever you go!

Do they have experience working with pinball machines? I'm curious how familiar they are with the various parts (coin door, speaker panel, etc.). Can you list a bunch of parts and they know enough about them to give an estimate? Also, do they have the ability to match/suggest colors?

I'd love to find a local source, but I'm not great at picking/matching colors, so I want to work with someone familiar with pinball powdering that can also consult on colors. If these guys are seasoned working with pinball machines, that would be amazing since they're right in my area.

#9722 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Not local to Chicago, but HemiOrange09 does powdercoating at very reasonable prices and is really great to work with. You'll obviously have to ship your stuff to him, but his turnaround time is fast and he does a really great job. I'll be reaching out to him again if I need any PC work done.

Agreed...another thumbs up for Steve. I had a couple games done by him when I happened to travel to MI. Him and Robert Stone do great work, but the idea of not shipping boxes worth of parts sounds SO appealing.

2 weeks later
#9773 2 years ago

I'd maybe give you an AIQ Prem for a Deadpool Prem...

1 week later
#9804 2 years ago

Interested in a KISS Prem or a DeadPool Prem.

I can purchase outright, or I have a number of things open for trade.

1 week later
#9819 2 years ago

Looking for a KISS Prem if anyone is willing to sell or has a lead. I have cash or some trade possibilities.

#9828 2 years ago

Still looking for a nice KISS Prem.

Also considering nice versions of Getaway and Johnny Mnemonic.

Let me know what you have.

I have cash or several nice games I could use as trade.

#9839 2 years ago

Anyone have a really nice Getaway or Johnny Mnemonic they're willing to sell/trade?

I had a line on one of each, but I lost out on both deals.

#9845 2 years ago

Anyone willing to part with a BK:SOR Prem?

(Or KISS Prem, or Deadpool Prem)

1 week later
#9883 2 years ago

With all the dick talk, now’s probably a bad time to remind everyone I’m looking for a KISS Prem.

2 weeks later
#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

It's rough. It will definitely be the most comprehensive rehab job I've ever done

Sorry, but I'm really glad to hear you say that. LOL

I was seriously considering picking this up, but decided the drive was more than I was willing to make for something that had virtually no info posted about it. I don't need more projects in my queue, so hearing about the condition leaves me with no regrets about passing.

#9917 2 years ago

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I just picked up a flash gordon that is in very rough shape. I'd like to find a donor cabinet that I can drop the game into. Doesn't need artwork, or to be the same game persay, ...”
2022-01-10
Danville, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 57 days
Viewed: 215 times

Hit up Yelobird. I sold him a perfect Fathom cabinet that he used to replace the existing cabinet on his Fathom. I'm not sure what the condition of his original was, or if he still has it, but it's worth checking. He just finished the swap a week or two ago, and if he still has the old cabinet, it may be better than what you're starting with.

#9922 2 years ago

Well...if they're different cabinets then disregard. I've never had a FG, so I just lumped it into an "all 81 Bally cabinets are the same" category because I don't know any better.

1 month later
#9988 2 years ago

Trying my luck again...

Looking for a KISS Prem.

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a nice KISS Prem. I have cash, or several nice games for possible trade offers. Would prefer within driving distance of Chicago, but will consider any domestic locati...”
2022-03-14
Lockport, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 192 times

#10000 2 years ago

It's looking like my buyer is going to fall through. I have a really nice CV about to be available again.

Machine - For Sale
Partially restored (almost original) - “Game looks amazing, and is absolutely LOADED! Comes with the awesome 2.0 Home ROMS. Plays great with no errors. Here's a list of all the extras included: ColorDMD Rare head scrol...”
2022-02-18
Lockport, IL
12,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 143 days
Viewed: 3097 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 weeks later
#10061 2 years ago

Gavin is good, but can be difficult to get on his schedule. He's not the quickest to respond to email inquiries (understatement) but if you get him out he knows his shit.

Rick from Rick's Game Repair is easier to work with, and knowledgeable as well. I know Rick well and he's a great guy that also knows a ton about video game repair. Last I knew (5+ years ago) early 80s stuff was not his forte. I'd probably focus on 90s and newer.

I've also used Phil from Arcade at Home in Romeoville. He is friendly and good as well. Was much easier to get out here, but I also live close to Romeoville, so YMMV. He seemed somewhat more expensive at the time, but that can be hard to gauge when people come out for different issues.

Anyway, these are the 3 I have used. I've been happy with them all, and I would probably rate their expertise in the order I have them listed (although Phil would bump ahead of Rick for 80s stuff).

2 months later
#10221 1 year ago

Still looking for a KISS Prem. Anyone know of one available anywhere?

1 month later
#10305 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Does anyone have an Oktoberfest to sell?

I was getting ready to list mine this weekend.

4 months later
#10566 1 year ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling a beautiful STTNG with tons of upgrades. ColorDMD Exterior armor powder coated black Wireforms and VUKs black nickel plated Custom painted Borg ship w/ green windows Custo...”
2023-03-07
Lockport, IL
7,600 (OBO)
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 2093 times
Contributed to Pinside

5 months later
#11023 11 months ago
Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Try derekcharacter

Quoted from derekcharacter:

vegasplayer indybru
Hello! I haven't chimed in here in a while but I am located in Aurora, IL and do pinball repair in-home/on-location. I've worked on just about every era and manufacturer and can resolve most problems up to deeper board diagnosis. I've done several PCB component replacement repairs as well and constantly learning.
Feel free to message me for more info or reach out via email, facebook, etc.
Cheers!
Derek Lehmann
[email protected]
Rocket Replay
rocketreplay.com

Damn, you guys beat me to it.

I've had Derek out to my place multiple times. Great guy! I've had him work on games from multiple eras (80s, 90s, and newer). I had a few really pesky issues and he was patient and considerate when it came to pricing out his time and multiple visits. He's cheaper, nicer, and easier to schedule than some of the more established techs in the area.

No offense Derek, I hope I don't call you for a while, but next time I have an issue I can't handle, I've got you on speed dial.

1 month later
#11202 9 months ago

I have a couple OCD GI boards I’m not going to use.

Parts - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “I bought these new from Herg and never installed them. I don't have as many WPC games any more, so I'm selling them. I have 3 GI OCD sets. Price is for all 3. Description from web...”
2023-06-14
Lockport, IL
525 (OBO)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 433 times

1 week later
#11206 9 months ago

Selling a set of purple powder coated armor.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Professionally powder coated Stern armor. The set includes: 4 legs, 2 hinges, 2 lollipop side rails, and the lock bar. Color is a cool purple that looks black depending on the ang...”
2023-06-28
Lockport, IL
495 (OBO)
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 373 times

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.