FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

392 posts in this topic match your search for posts by badbilly27. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I'm getting that itch again. Always on the look out for something to shake up my collection. See some nice deals but many times out of state shipping kills them. Before we buy or sell out of state try this club first.

What are you looking for? What do you have to sell? What do you have to trade or may in the future?

My only caveat - try to keep this owner to owner. Craigslist in Chicago has turned into a race between retail flippers which in turn jacks up prices. To be in this club, owner to owner. Mike, Jesse, Phil are all welcome so long as we play well together in the club.

Looking for (very nice playfield king): Always looking

To sell: nothing currently but always

Trade/sell possibly in future: Revenge from Mars/SWE1 with uninstalled official NIB Nucore Kit

#10 9 years ago

^^^Isn't that a beautiful thing. Asks for a RFM and next local guy is offering one for sale.

#22 9 years ago

^^ Love that Scared Stiff avatar

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Hope you chicago guys don't mind if some of us southern Wisconsin guys keep an eye on this thread

Until the NFL season officially starts, you are welcome to be part of the club. Then we revoke passes for awhile.

#45 9 years ago

Have we had any connections yet?

#126 9 years ago

I'm LOVING how this club (thread) is taking a life of it's own. Ok few clarifications:

1. As I kid about WI guys can only be honorary members when it's not NFL season, they are welcome. Whysnow, Centerflank and a few other regulars - are pinside assets (I read that that as asses too) and good guys to boot. You're welcome to hang anytime in here.

2. If a deal goes bad or you were wronged, it's ok in this thread to let other local collectors know "buyer beware". I personally like keeping the hobby honest. That being said, no flame wars. State your brief case - and ok for the alleged wrong doer to state theirs with a potential remedy. But then let it go and take it offline. This may be controversial, but I personally like how the hobby polices itself. Since the intent is we are "all local" removing shipping from equation - it's either as described or you're full of shit and others should be warned next time. The Chicago way my friends.

3. If you do have a successful purchase/trade as a result of this club, please post and let us know. It's cool to know games are changing hands locally.

4. Lastly, if a game is on my want list, you MUST contact me first. LOL. Just kidding.

Happy selling & trading gang!!

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from TWeaver:

Is there room in the club for Hoosiers?

Besides, Badbilly, you purchased your SC from me (I met you at Navy Pier). That should count for something.

I'll extend the club to the "good guys" in IN as well. And you my friend are definitely one of the good guys. One of the best transactions I've had was with Tim. Door always open for you - still loving my SC.

Quoted from xfassa:

I snagged an SS from badbilly27. Word to the wise, his "stairs" look more like a ladder.

Seriously, very good guy. He opened up his tables to me and my family, helped carried it to the truck, and took the time to discuss the table as well as other pinball topics. All around great transaction.

My basement stairs do look like a ladder, but we got them up those 10 stairs with ease. I had as much fun as your family did hanging out and talking pinball. When you meet cool people, makes the hobby so much more rewarding. Enjoy the hell out of SS. It was hard to let her go but glad it went to someone who knows how to care for a top collection.

#133 9 years ago

Just started cleaning out my under the pinball machine stashes. Few items for sale

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pinball-misc-parts

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Random question.
Has anyone on this thread ever used FaceTime on your iphone to walk a buyer through your pin if they live too far away to stop by for a few test games?

I've shot a video on my iphone and posted it on youtube. Takes 2 clicks and 10 minutes. Compliments pictures nicely.

3 months later
#632 9 years ago

I'm back. Took 1.5 months off from pinside due to work crap. Looks like I missed a lot.

What's currently for sale/trade guys? I'm playing with moving my WW and might be convinced to move my RG or XMen.

BTW...very nice IM a few lines above.

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

With TWD LE on the way, I'm going to have to sell something. You interested in anything in my collection?

Hmmm...I like you're Airborne, I500 and Shadow too.

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm afraid Shadow is not on the table.

You're starting to take the fun out of my window shopping

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Well, well, hello old friend. I too took some time off, but more than a month. So sorry Gweem is treating you so poorly here. I will help you out and recover this situation from his failures. Want to trade my Strange Science for your WW?

Hey hey Goonie! Good to hear from you my friend. Hope to see you at Expo soon.

Unfortunately, I'm not interested in a Strange Science. Looks like an odd but fun game though.

#661 9 years ago

Thinking of selling my HOU Xmen Wovly LE with less than 100 total plays. Time to trim the collection down some.

How about a Whirlwind and Xmen Wolvy LE for a Cactus Canyon continued. We all know its the next one to be remade by PPS.

1 week later
#688 9 years ago

What is a WWFRR?

#725 9 years ago
Quoted from weaselfest:

has anyone personally had any dealings with a Mark Battaglia?

Yes. PM me what you want to know. Nice guy.

#728 9 years ago

WOOLY? Man am I out of the loop lately.

#730 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

http://riotpinball.com/node/6

There is a thread somewhere on pinside with more info and video/pics

I think I played this a few years ago at Expo when it was sort of working. Interesting game if I recall.

So hard to keep track of all these boutiques. They also show an Alice in Wonderland pin in the works too. Is this competing with JPOP or in collaboration. Who's on first? I'm so lost.

#733 9 years ago

I may be selling my holy grail. BBB just opened last October from NIB with 19 plays on her. There's a thread - I just don't want to link to it right now.

I should change my name to Frodo

#739 9 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

I realize you have several games to choose from when deciding what to play, but how do you have a NIB BBB for a year and only put 19 games on it?

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yes , This ^^^^ . Only 19 plays in a year . How do you know if you even like the game or not ? You may not want to sell it after all .

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, anything less than 50 plays, the game isn't even broken in yet. Hell my LOTR was unplayable until after 100 games.

I love the game. I have the good fortune of putting many plays over the years at fellow collectors homes. It's not a matter of liking the game or not - I like it. Check out my other post and it will provide more insights. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-bbb-unboxed-tonight

I travel a lot for work so when home with 23+ pins and make up time with the family - you'd be surprised how little certain titles get played in my collection. Never said it was right.

#743 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but your still playing and keeping GNR right?

Just played it earlier today. Going nowhere.

#750 9 years ago

T7 is the poster. Doh!

But maybe it's a new custom made version by GAP with Arnie's sweat in the level bubble.

I kid Mike, I kid.

#759 9 years ago

Correction. My BBB has 74 total plays on it. I read the audit report wrong. Gweem corrected me.

#768 9 years ago

Really unique game.

#778 9 years ago

Why not. HOU Wolvy Xmen LE available for sale as well.

1 week later
#835 9 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

Bad Billy I want to play your BBB next time I am in Chicago. (That's a lot of "B"'s)

Were you in town for Expo? You should have PM'd me. If I still have it - absolutely.

#837 9 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Badbilly,
It was nice running into you at TBL area at Expo.
Wally

Likewise! I'm glad you grabbed me to introduce yourself and your son.

1 month later
#889 9 years ago
Quoted from ccfries:

Anyway, first post! Wanted: Nice pins, newer Sterns or 90's bally/williams, for playing not looking at (no $8K WH2O or IJ ).

We're still on for Friday right?

#890 9 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

May I tap in here and point out that I've got a very nice HUO LOTR for sale but located in Madison,WI.

tatman may be interested

#900 9 years ago

Anyone interested in an HUO X-Men LE Wolvy edition? I'm not really looking for trades right now as I'm looking to downsize some. But never hurts to offer trades as I'm curious what might be offered. Metallica Premium/LE or Walking Dead may be interesting.

#903 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I maybe billy. Going back and forth.

hey Jeff. Welcome to come over and play the X-Men. WoZ won't be working that day in the badbilly collection.

All seriousness, I enjoy my WoZ but bang for the buck X-Men is the better value game with tons of challenge modes and being a few grand cheaper.

1 week later
#924 9 years ago

Still have a HUO X-Men Wolvy LE up for sale. Will be posting more robust ad later today.

Like to sell before big snows hit Chicago. Harder to remove from basement with snow. Jesse - no comment.

#942 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Listing for a friend.

HUO TWD LE. He has had it for only 1 week and unfortunately needs to sell it. Game literally looks like it just came out of the box, because it did only a week ago. Not looking for any trades. Asking $7,000 OBO. Located in Naperville, IL.

Someone needs to buy my X-Men LE so I can help Nelly's friend out.

1 week later
#976 9 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Thanks... yeah. Fine. Couple bruises.
But nothing but really cheap machines for me, for a while.

Glad just a few bruises. Hey could be worse. I found out today I likely will need 3 root canal's. I'm literally pulling my teeth out over here.

#984 9 years ago

X-Men Wolvy LE has been sold pending pick up over holidays to very cool out of state buyer. My Chicago thread let me down.

1 week later
#1004 9 years ago

Well since Predator, JPOP and the TBL projects are all imploding on themselves I still have my BBB if you want a unique and rare collectible for this holiday season. Contact me for pricing.

1 week later
#1006 9 years ago

Bump. Jan-Mar are the big selling periods of pins. It's almost January, let's shake things up a little Chicago.

1 month later
#1126 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'd sell my RG. It is currently at Schwoegler's in Madison is you want to swing by to check it out.
I am not actively advertising it, but would sell.

So funny Hilton. I'm likely going to post my RG for sale in the next few weeks. Just not playing it and need the room.

#1129 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dam, I thought that was a keeper based on your history with that game. So many pinballs, so little room

Yeah I thought so too. I haven't even put many plays on it since acquiring. But you've seen my basement - I need a few more gone to open the room up some more. I love all my children but alas, a few must sacrificed.

#1136 9 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Nah, GLWS , I would love to own one of these!

For $6k you can pry mine away although I would be sad. New play field (main/mini), new ramps, white mountains, LEDs, mirror blades, color DMD, white painted trim, coin door and legs. A beauty.

#1137 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You should put more time on RG before selling. It is such a great game when playing well and honestly one of the best Sys11 games IMHO. I love the cheesey theme and the integration is fantastic. For many people they need to get past the theme to really dig into the game. It is one of SR's best games. The only real downfall is a lack of true skill shot when it shoudl have been programmed with some great variety of skillshots.

I do need to play it some more. It's a great game. I'm just busting at the seams.

#1143 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you still have that little one you are going to make me a good deal on at some point...

Which one is that? Old age making me forgetful.

#1162 9 years ago

Bump for the JP. Fun game especially at price point.

Neo just get rid of your Shadow, you can always pick up another for $1200 later.

2 weeks later
#1239 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

UPDATE: Everything went great. Mike is a cool dude and I am pleased with my purchase. Would definitely do business with him again. Hell, we might even hang out some time!

This is just awesome to read and hear! Us local guys need to stick together and work out communication issues - just like the two of you did and set a great example. Chicago area rocks!!

And Lionman rocks too!!!

#1270 8 years ago

If we are going to bag on IL laws, let's be fair and tease our brothers in WI.

http://whoonew.com/2014/07/strange-wisconsin-state-laws/

Margarine is illegal in Wisconsin?

And back to the for sale thread.......

#1292 8 years ago

Anyone know how to take a twin Sega Super GT and convert to another racer. I thought I recall it being able to support another game with a PCB swap.

#1328 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For those going to MGC next week. I'm looking for 2 things.

Not going to MGC?

3 weeks later
#1412 8 years ago

You're either on the leading edge of technology or the bleeding edge of technology. As much of a tech head as I am, I usually wait for gen 2 or 3 for bug ticket tech items.

2 weeks later
#1493 8 years ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

Hope you don't mind a WI person posting..... Have a really nice Jackbot (listed here) for trade. Located in Racine.

All good. Just so long as you don't mention the Packers in this thread - you are more than welcome to post and hang brother.

#1494 8 years ago

So I'm now thinking of a trade for my BBB. TWDLE, KISS LE, and GOTLE for BBB. Yeah crazy but sometimes you have to say what the f$#@.

1 week later
#1523 8 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Headed to Chicago Saturday, check my collection for potential trades.

Very nice collection.

2 months later
#1665 8 years ago

I've decided. Big Bang Bar is up for sale AND/OR Trade. This is the one that was opened brand new in box a little over a year or so ago and has under 100 plays on it. Comes with:

Pinbits stuff -
Plastic guards set
Dancer rings
Tube ring kit
Pop bumper dress kits (both green and orange)
Cliffy Dartz protector
Side glitter decals
2 NOS rocket decals (I think these are for the spinner?)
Left ramp led arrow replacement
BBB collectable Polo T-Shirt
An extra small circuit board (not sure what it goes to, came with BBB in bubble wrap)
BBB embroidered Pinball cover

The trade would be ideal for disti. I'm after a package of a KISS Premium, TWD Premium, and a Game of Thrones LE. I might consider a Metallica LE in place of GOT but really want that GOT when it comes out.

#1668 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

How much you selling it for?

PM sent

#1686 8 years ago

I'm not sure about this one but will throw it out there if strong interest exists may sell.

I have a really nice RFM and a mint SWE1 to swap in with Rob Anthony conversion plunger installed. It also comes with a NIB never opened Nucore system - one of the last Pinball Life ever sold. Never installed since monitor is crisp and bright. Nucore system will only be sold as part of the package.

Let me know if interested.

2 weeks later
#1726 8 years ago

Anyone looking for a super nice Funhouse? I'm noodling parting with mine.

#1729 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You should ask Kent. He was considering buying one.

I didn't know he was possibly in the market for one. Still noodling but will reach out. Thanks

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Define super nice, er just post pics.

Agree. I prefer pics rather than description. My super nice may be your meh.

1 week later
#1763 8 years ago

Funhouse sold today to a friend. Thanks to all for interest.

#1771 8 years ago

This thread brings a tear of joy to my eye. This was the intention. I'm so proud of the local guys!

#1779 8 years ago

Sold BBB.

If anyone has a TWD LE or possibly a premium - or tired of Kiss already, let me know.

#1790 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Hey BadBilly,
I might part with my KissLE. Running out of room and don't play my music pins at all and I have no idea why. Plus I have more machines on the way. (I have Kiss LE and AcDCpremium.)
Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks kklank. PM sent.

#1793 8 years ago

Ok refined my "want to buy" right now to Walking Dead LE or Premium. Gonna wait on Kiss a bit.

1 week later
#1802 8 years ago

Looking for a TWD LE or Premium. Let's make this interesting. Here's my minty WH20.

- New play field(s)
- New ramps
- White treatment throughout (legs, coin door, side rails, mountains, etc)
- Pinball Pro speakers
- Mirror blades
- Color DMD
- LED throughout

Heres a few pics with iPhone: https://plus.google.com/photos/105254041572838927502/albums/6142221042798653665?authkey=CIq6tfSv9JS5VQ

More pics: https://plus.google.com/photos/105254041572838927502/albums/6150385629542193041

Expo and winter is coming. PM me.

photo_3.jpgphoto_3.jpg

photo_2-3.jpgphoto_2-3.jpg

#1807 8 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

My gosh. If I had a TWD, I wouldn't be able to give it up fast enough for any WH20, let alone one this nice! Wow. You sure you want to trade that thing? Gorgeous.

Thanks! She is a beauty, even more so in person. I'm starting to lean towards just buying a NIB Premium from Trent and calling it a day. I just really wanted to stick to my gameplan of downsizing and rotating, WH20 is least played by family. I've grown to really enjoy the challenge and uniqueness it offers. And I know once this beauty leaves I would never be able to find a better one if I missed it. Tough decisions.

#1812 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It must be challenging for ya' .....

My high score initials are "DEN"

I recently changed batteries for all my pins but had this one and two others unplugged when I did it. Doh!

#1814 8 years ago

Last bump before I just buy NIB Premium. TWD LE or premium - anyone?

#1823 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was just playing Bill's last night, and it reminded me of how much fun the game is.

The one about 19 posts ago. I'm rethinking selling my precious.

#1828 8 years ago

TZ & CV two very nice looking games. GLWS.

Last bump for my WH20 before committing to NIB TWD Premium. Anyone?

3 weeks later
#1858 8 years ago

I love that Captain Kid shooter. Looks great! Only thing I'm worried about is how do you upkeep a rifle game? Are they hard to repair? Always wanted one, loved playing those.

3 weeks later
#1915 8 years ago

I still have my minty WH20 white edition still available for sale or trade (will be listing again shortly). Lots of previous interest but no trigger pullers. Haven't been pushing lately due to new job eating up all my time.

Trade would be for a Metallica, Kiss or GoT Premium. Can't think of anything else right now I would want. While snow is melted let's get these games moved!!

2 weeks later
#1991 8 years ago

So gweempose is looking for a Met Pro and I'm in the market for a Met Premium.

Met owners or disti's what do you say. Get a Met in the Northwest suburbs for Gweem and I to enjoy!!

1 week later
#2001 8 years ago

My WH20 is tentatively sold pending deposit.

Bump - anyone have any games thinking of selling next two weeks?

#2037 8 years ago

HOU Metallica Premium doesn't look like it will make it to my house for Xmas. If anyone has one, there's still New Years!

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays Chicago Trader readers. Enjoy the holidays!!

1 week later
#2057 8 years ago

For those looking for a Bride of Pinbot, I have a super sweet one. Check out my beauty with chrome trim around head, red screen on display, LEDs and clear coat play field. She is my baby. I don't want to sell her but *may* have my arm twisted.

I'll throw this out there.

Package deal only - will *not* separate as I really don't want to sell: My BOP plus my extremely nice RFM with SWE1 kit, Rob Anthony installed combo launcher, and a NIB (think last one ever sold by Pinball Life) Nucore system. Combo price would be $7800 for all three games (BOP, RFM core game & cabinet, SWE1 kit) including NIB Nucore.

Only possible exception, maybe trade BOP towards a HOU Met Premium. Man, I really need to think more about this. So hard to lose part of my space collection.

IMG_3197_(resized).JPGIMG_3197_(resized).JPG

IMG_3198_(resized).JPGIMG_3198_(resized).JPG

#2060 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if your BOP was converted to 2.0 i'd have a buyer for you now. That's local to you.

Always on the fence on BOP 2.0 conversion. While I think the project is just awesome - I wanted to stay away from the "bleeding edge of technology" and wait until things smoothed out some more. Need to make sure my baby was treated right.

#2074 8 years ago

Make sure to buy a Pro trans light. That Premium trans light is fugly.

1 week later
#2121 8 years ago

Eye candy

IMG_3199_(resized).JPGIMG_3199_(resized).JPG

IMG_0212_(resized).JPGIMG_0212_(resized).JPG

#2131 8 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Looking for a nice Black Hole.

I read this far an chuckled out loud. I'm so used to web porn ads popping up on sites. Sorry

1 week later
#2176 8 years ago

Little too quite in here. Let's recap:

kklank is still looking for a top notch CFTBL
Gweempose is looking for a HOU Metallica Pro
Badbilly is looking for a HOU Metallica Premium

#2181 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Kinda want Gweem's Congo

I've played it on multiple occasions. Sincerely, one of the nicest Congo's I've ever played.

2 weeks later
#2263 8 years ago

If I wasn't trying to get rid of a few games myself - I'd buy your Jackbot. Downsizing the collection some is a biiyaatch.

Buy with confidence from nutshell79. Honest as they come and great pinsider.

2 weeks later
#2353 8 years ago

Man, take 2 weeks off of pinside and all hell breaks loose....Coasterguy sells his GOT Premium (damn I missed it), deactivates his account, and all this Phish, Little Pony costume back door access talk. So hard to keep up.

1 month later
#2587 7 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

I picked up a sample pack of black light led's at Pinball Life yesterday. I think they look really cool on SM when you turn off the lights.

Need these for my Tron!

#2601 7 years ago

I almost forgot about MGC coming up. Anyone in this thread going?

Anyone has a HOU Metallica Premium for sale asking around $5800 let me know. Maybe would let my BoP go in partial trade + cash.

1 week later
#2652 7 years ago

Let's try this....I spy with my little eye a HOU Metallica Premium for $5900. I win, PM me.

#2679 7 years ago

Sounds like MGC success has spawned another show. The more the merrier in the Midwest - me likey.

#2702 7 years ago

Just a friendly reminder. This thread was created "Before we buy or sell out of state try this club first." While it's cool to remind us of another thread that was created, how about some home town preference.

#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Yeah yeah... Was in a hurry ... I agree

Sorry, that was not intended just at you but also others in this thread. It's been going on for awhile. Your post just triggered my friendly reminder.

Good luck on your sale.

2 weeks later
#2756 7 years ago

A friend just contacted me today looking for an Addams Family Pinball machine. Just remodeled his basement and really wants to add one pin - so not a collector. Asked me to help so he doesn't get ripped off.

Anyone who has a nice Addams please PM me.

#2777 7 years ago

Bump.

Friend looking for TAF
I'm interested in a HOU Metallica Premium or tricked out Pro

#2831 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Okay guys, I'm officially putting my TSPP up for sale.

Poster child example of how you put a game up for sale. GLWS!!

#2837 7 years ago

So interesting observation browsing for sale posts on pinside. Kiss, GOT and Hobbit seem not to be meeting early owners expectations. I'm shocked how fast these things are coming up for sale and the prices on them are solid. Games like Met (Pro or Premium), AC/DC and TWD seem to sell within 2 days if priced within market.

My conclusion: I'm gonna wait for steal deals on Kiss, GOT and Hobbit as owners get more anxious, as it would be fun to own one of these for awhile. But no way will I pay near NIB box prices from what I'm seeing in the market place.

Met Pro fully loaded or a premium at a reasonable price still keeping an eye out for. GB still too early to tell. Hype machine on overdrive.

Anyone local ever consider a temp trade? We trade games for a few months, then swap back. Always been intrigued.

#2861 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll loan you almost anything in my collection Billy. You clean it up and shop it when you have it (I pay for all the parts). You can even pimp it out and I'll pay for the mods (so long as done well and tasteful). Keep it for as long as you want.
My pinside collection is not really up to date and I am not sure if you like anything I own, but I trust you so figured I'd toss it out there.

Hilton you da man! Unfortunately, I guess this is where I have to admit on the local board that I only know how to do small repairs. That's why I know Gavin, Erik M, Rob A, Rick S. so well.

Go ahead Gweem make the comment about my mod collection. It's ok.

Centerflank - How can you give Hilton a thumbs down for offering to trade? Just because Hilton likes the Bears?

#2866 7 years ago

That BOP will be available for all of 10 minutes now with new play fields somewhat available.

1 week later
#2888 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well not THAT much longer.

If Neo had a penny for every time someone said that....

#2904 7 years ago

So Memorial Day weekend is upon us. Time to take minute to thank anyone and everyone who served. Thank you!!

I know I appreciate your sacrifices to protect our freedoms. Like owning pinball machines. Any smokin pinball deals or machine's for sale?

Happy Memorial Day weekend!! Make sure to say thank you.

#2906 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Memorial Day is for those that died in service. Veterans day is for those who have served.

Understood. But it's a reminder of sacrifice. I'd like to remember those who died in service by also thanking those who served/serving who are still with us. We owe those who passed, their families who lost and those who serve(d) and are still living. A thank you goes a long way regardless of the official day.

#2910 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

whats a paragon worth these days?

By you, $2000 firm! Then a week later $1500 firm! Then will come down to $1200 firm! Assuming you bought the one from the guy on Mr Pinball for $1050 before negotiating (which means lower).

Seriously all depends on condition. I've seen a restored one sell for $2200

- The Snowman

#2919 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Ha! Jesse, you going to put up with that?

To be fair, at least Jesse is willing to deal and moves on his prices. "He who shall not be named" will blanket pinside, Mr Pinball, eBay and even drop flyers from an airplane or carrier pigeon with ads but yet never seems willing to deal or move off his price. That same Paragon I tease Jesse about would be priced at $3K for 12+ months. But he eventually sells it so god bless him - free market and all.

Just sad in over 12 years in this hobby, I've never even bought a shaker motor or translight from him. Oh well, that's why I love this thread!!

#2920 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

If you only new the snowman story about badbilly!

I kid, I kid.

#2922 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Jesse is a good dude

No question, just having a little fun with Jesse.

#2932 7 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

Looking to sell my Taito Polar Explorer, the game looks nice no wear on playfield cabinet looks good. Overal very nice. The only Polar Explorer game in the US, asking $3200

Never saw or played that game before - very cool. GLWS

#2942 7 years ago

I thought it was Black Mantis in a port-o-potty attacking Superman's lair. All joking aside, it is a cool backglass

#2954 7 years ago

Can hear crickets in this thread. Games for sale?

Met Premium/Pro, CCC??

#2959 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, there was one here a page back for a metallica pro for $3000. I picked it up from deerfield. Good find. Snooze you lose.

Where's centerflank when I need him. I'll have to down vote you myself I guess.

1 week later
#3015 7 years ago

Another for that beautiful lucky hand. GLWS

#3027 7 years ago

Just back from vacation and still no one locally has a HOU Metallica Pro or Premium available for sale. I may have to look for a HOU fire sale Hobbit soon.

#3033 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

The one down near st louis wasn't up to snuff?

St Louis = too far.

#3035 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Wow Snow man. Picky Picky- You want it cheap and close!!!!!!

JT

I believe in the Chicago collector market. Its worked fine in over 12 years of collecting.

Truth be told, the back just can't take long drives any more.

#3047 7 years ago

You're making me want SS again. I do miss her. Beautiful example

#3048 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Thought I would throw this out there, but I will be making a run from Western Burbs down to Chillacothe Ohio (South of Columbus) early early in the morning to pick up a pin. Will be driving an open-bed pickup, and the weather is supposed to hold through the day. I will have some room if anyone needs something delivered or picked up....however, you would need to bring/pickup your item out by St Charles.....I don't deliver.......lol

Posts like this make me smile. Sincerely appreciate your putting it out there.

This is how I might consider buying a game out of state - if someone else offered to help transport. Wait correct that, I have. Good pinsider friends.

#3057 7 years ago

Whose Jurassic Park pinball machine is that on CL? I was admiring the condition and then noticed "holy cow look at all those dinosaurs added to the game play field, cabinet head, cabinet side, under the cabinet, on the stool next to the cabinet". It's a dinosaur infestation!!

GLWS whomever's it is. Looks like a nice example.

#3062 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

The other seller backed out of the deal.

Sorry to hear that. Really sucks! PM me so I know who it is to steer clear of.

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago with an original MM coming my way - it was a trade. Deal was locked in on both sides with only caveat if we see in person and something majorly not as described other could call it off. Swap date in the books. I reach out day before the swap to confirm times and he informs me he sold the game outright (worried I'd back out) - but would still like to buy my game. I did not sell him my game.

1 week later
#3074 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

I love this thread!!!!! I posted a while back looking for an Iron Man and was messaged by a great guy......dgarrett. I made the trip to his place and the pin was nicer than described and we struck a deal. Game is setup and playing great in my gameroom.

Awesome! Congrats!!!

Here's hoping that HOU Metallica Premium lands in my lap soon.

#3082 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

PM me, I in Round Lake, have Escalara will travel.

If this is Ken (sometimes I forget pinside handles and real names), he's a great guy. Cool when pinsiders step up to help.

1 week later
#3127 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

This is not a fire sale!!!!!

Hey Jessie, why the fire sale?

#3140 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have a perfect condition MET pro translite that I just pulled out of the game if anyone is interested.

First need that HOU Met Pro with mods.

#3158 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Xmen Le Magneto for sale.
Excellent condition.
Undercab lighting.
$4900.00

That's an awesome price for a fun game. Someone buy this because I keep going back and forth on it.

I used to own one and kept it through all of the updates. The game is deep and many challenging shots. Some feel tight but helps make you a better player (I still suck, but that sounds like the thing to say). Probably the best candidate for color dmd. Wolvy shot without bracket mod can be frustrating if it blocks the Beast left outlane shot. The voices were the only thing done poorly on this game in my opinion. That's what drove me ultimately to sell mine after some time.

Alas, I have two titles on my wish list I must show discipline and wait on. When games get to the TF LE price range, so hard to resist.

#3180 7 years ago

I'll admit it, I popped one when I saw the Star Wars game. But then I realized it would take up too much room away from pinball and came back to my senses.

Now, who has a HOU Met Pro or Premium they want to make Badbilly turn into sweet William? Don't make me buy new. Don't do it.

#3192 7 years ago

And that's not because no one wants to sell me a HOU modded Metallica.

#3199 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for anyone that is looking for an alternative forum in the IL/WI area for listing and selling pins locally first then I suggest checking out

Thanks Hilton. I'll make sure to bookmark that page.

I really would prefer an annual "members fee" for pinside so Robin can generate the revenue to support the business model he is after rather than disrupt community activities. I would think most of pinside would pay $25 for an annual membership to the site (think Angies list in a way).

I'll refrain from any more comments publicly and save for moderators feedback forum - if I'm compelled. Just bumming a bit. I'm all for Robin's right to make money on this great site he's built. There's so many other ways to go about it though. Not my call, I'm just happy to be here.

#3207 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think many would pay that (pretty sure I would). I mean that's $2/month. It would also keep out riff-raff, people creating dup accounts (even kaneda would run out of money). however, if you're new to the hobby, you may not be willing to and it could end up shrinking the hobby.

So there are 34,675 pinsiders (per the first page of the Forum tab) x $25.00 per year = $866K. Even if you got a 40% drop out rate, that would still be $346K. Problem solved Robin, you're welcome.

Those who would not pay after reasonable trial period, I would consider riff-raff and good riddance. Any club needs a membership of people willing to commit to some ground rules and be part of making it a community. In a day in age where people are buying apps for $4.99-$9.99, and iTunes movies for $10-$20, and single songs for $2.99 - can afford $25 annual membership to a pinside club. Crap, we pay more for FFL league sites.

BTW...that annual members fee I'm confident will make Robin more money than listing fees for WTB ads.

#3211 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm not sure why people think it's such a big deal to pay such a small fee for selling a game. How is it better to charge everyone instead of just the people making money from a sale?

It's not just collecting a fee for selling a game, it's changing the interaction between the community on these threads. Pinball mods, wtb, games for sale it's cool to show pics within the thread and just let natural conversation progress. Forcing things into a marketplace ad, policing posting pics on a mod or game for sale then taking a cut of a trade, sale, or mod will result in increasing the cost of the games/mods. Look at ebay.

For the eBay example, I can share MrPinballl, craigslist, wisconsin board and many Facebook groups unfortunately being built where no fees are collected for the sale of games/mods. So in a market where free listings dominate our hobby, in a hobby where game prices keep going up by manufacturers, now a charge on selling a game in a community environment that's come to be a safe haven is a slightly bitter pill to swallow.

Respect your opinion, because pinside is great. Just sharing my .02.

#3213 7 years ago

I guess im riff raff. I donate $5 a year to pinside and I think thats enough. Everything theyve added or changed is unnecessary. Just leave it alone, it works fine. I would not pay $25/yr, id rather find another site at that point. I spend enough on pinball, I dont need to spend more. Yall with unlimited pin budgets are the elite of this hobby, some of us are just scraping by to stay in it.

Respectfully, how does $25 per year ($20 more than you pay now) factor into people with unlimited pinball budgets and those of us budgeting? It's $25 - one family outing to McDonald's? Per my previous post, Buy three apps on your phone and you spent a membership fee. It would be crazy if a membership fee was charged instead of pinball for sale takes and you left - because sir you are no riff raff (meant as a compliment).

If any fee must be charged to support Robin and the site it makes more sense to charge a membership. Then, he can stop messing with a good thing. I agree many of the changes are unnecessary. My fear is this is his new full time job and he's adding changes so he can incrementally start charging for additional things down the line. I hope he doesn't ruin a good thing. That's why I'm cool with him making money on memberships (for reasons mentioned before) and once you walk into the club, let the members interact how they want (within etiquette rules). The membership fees will cover his costs for running the site and money to live off of.

In the end, we're all guests in his awesome house. Dealers choice at this point. Having confidence in Robin it will all work out.

#3217 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Great! Now we are paying to voice opinions???

.02 per opinion. Hilton would be broke!!

#3235 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Now, who has a HOU Met Pro or Premium they want to make Badbilly turn into sweet William? Don't make me buy new. Don't do it.

Don't make me do it. Reminds me sort of this commercial, do you remember this?

#3254 7 years ago

There are costs to run this site - non-debatable. Reasonable for Robin to find some way to recoup those costs and make some money for his time - to me non-debatable. Few challenges with current approach to recoup:

Donations - It's voluntary & not everyone is making donations (as seen by the heart). Of those that are donating, is it enough to cover costs? Like the tootsie pop commercial, we may never know. 34K members no clue how many donate, how often, what value. Challenge is if you do donate and then now on top get charged for pinside successful sales you feel like you just payed twice. Then there's the emotional aspect.

A donation or buying Robin a pinball machine (one time awhile ago) to say thank you are community giving based contributions. You give based on emotion, appreciation, and positive feeling of being part of something you believe in - supporting a community. When a fee is now asked for successful sales in market place plus local threads are being moderated more heavily to enforce listing policies, now it's a business - emotionally viewed by members. The foundation feeling of "community" is challenged a bit (don't want to over exaggerate either). Is it "us" or is it us and them (business).

What other ways to recoup costs to maintain the house that Robin built? Charge for advertising (including hosting sponsored threads/microsites for Stern/JJP/others) or charge an annual membership. I get charging for advertising is something frowned upon, but its a way to generate revenue without taxing the community. Sort of an accepted and sometimes irritating standard. And back to membership. A little something to say to support this community we need a little annual fee to keep the lights on. Once inside, enjoy. Buy, sell, trade, make mods, share tips - this is your house. Emotionally it still feels like a community - logically we need to help keep the lights on.

While successful market place optional sales fee sounds like a good idea it's in contrast to keeping heart donations. Why? Aggressively moderating doesn't support "optional" donation. Emotional then logical reactions.

I promised I would stop but saw the thread open up again on this topic. Just sharing why reactions are mixed. In the end, a fee for selling through marketplace is being asked - local threads more aggressively watched - it is what it is I guess. Change is inevitable.

#3258 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

An annual fee would probably cost you 30-50% of your members and most of your new sign ups. Charging a fee to get on a site is a terrible idea. This is why every site you go to has ads

Are those the same 30-50% who have not donated? One can argue, are they really part of the community then? Site costs money to operate, and not willing to support that....hmmm. Are we debating how much or just anything? $10 annual fee is not unreasonable by any means.

Ads are the standard model to address, but I believe Robin is firmly against based on past Expo comments. I'm sure people would react to it, but it's all in how that is implemented.

#3269 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I will never donate money to Pinside under any circumstances. I have been in the *hobby* since 1999. I have received plenty of help through the years, and truly believe in paying it back. I don't care how many extra features Pinside tries to jam onto a screen, there is zero chance this place (or any place) survives without actual content (which comes from the user base, not from the designer). There are lots of pretty cars that don't have motors, you can't drive them though.

I respect your opinion and reply. Respectfully, do you attend Expo, MGC, or PA event? Do you pay for admission to those events (or quite possibly bring games)? My quick point, to run those events costs money. Those events provide a venue for hobbyists to come together to talk, give free things to each other, provide tech tips, all things you mentioned in your reply. Why is a virtual site considered different?

Trust me, me loves free, prefers free, and agrees with MANY of your points. However, a small hobby that is growing and a site that makes it a more user friendly global meeting place may require some money to cover operating costs. RGP is free but user interface and reach is limited.

#3279 7 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

so uh. Anybody got any machines to sell?

Good pt. But remember, any Metallica for sale contact badbilly first.

1 week later
#3337 7 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Shaker
Custom sparky
Pbr candy purple armor lolipop rails
Pin pac
Piston shooter rod
Pingraffix speaker panel
FF led panel with flashers
Pingraffix snake mod
Mini lcd
Leds from CT
Color dmd
And more im prolly forgetting.

Murphy's law. Right after you cut a very nice deal for a NIB Premium that HOU Met Pro fully modded comes up for sale...the next day! Will Wheaton!!

#3341 7 years ago

For what it's worth, celebrated daughters 16th bday this past weekend with 18 of her closest friends. MM and STLE were the two most popular games with them.

#3352 7 years ago

Send me some pics Jesse on my phone. Doesn't look like I'll get there tonight.

And if you need to go home light, I might - might - take a Hobbit off your hands for $7400.

Have fun burning down the castle!

#3368 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have some free stuff if anyone is looking for a reason to cross the boarder...

Today's pinsider award winner.

I thought for a moment, it would be cool to grab that Black Rose apron and put it on my POTC. But best to leave the parts for people who really need them. I doubt it would work on a Stern anyway.

1 week later
#3455 7 years ago

Wait, wasn't this a Chicago For Sale/For Trade thread?

#3486 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I could not think of a DMD game that could make my dick any softer than this game does.

Normally it's hard playing pinball? Poor coinslot

#3500 7 years ago

What the heck is happening on Craigslist?

chicago.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#3552 7 years ago

Anyone need used legs? I have 3 sets. Little rusty, one set missing leg levelers. $20 a set - $55 for all three. Can bring to Expo.

https://goo.gl/photos/dmV9nekVwPqUypag8

#3570 7 years ago

No one need used legs? I have 3 sets. Little rusty, one set missing leg levelers. Price lowered to $40 for all 3 sets.

Can bring to Expo.

https://goo.gl/photos/dmV9nekVwPqUypag8

1 week later
#3619 7 years ago

BTW....was anyone on here moving a Pinbot (i think) in an open trailer last Friday in Arlington Heights at ~8:00am?

Dropping kids off at school and I was like a dog seeing a squirrel - pinball, pinball....I see a pinball machine being moved.

1 month later
#3689 7 years ago

Anyone have a really nice AFM for sale - reasonably priced? Not for me but my brother-in-law. He's not a pinhead but enjoyed playing AFM back in the day. He wants to get an AFM for his small office for clients when they visit. So needs to be a nice one not a fixer upper.

You'll be dealing with me until money changes hands - I'm playing the advisor role. PM me if you have something.

Thanks!

1 month later
#3774 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Super tits xenon, cpr playfield, tight cab, new plastics-3k

One of the best backglass out there. Free bump - Xenon is a cool looking game.

#3787 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Gtb Spider-Man good shape, working-$1100

Where does he get all these wonderful toys?

#3814 7 years ago

Happy holidays Chicago thread viewers!!

#3819 7 years ago
Quoted from RJ23:

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Welcome to the Chicago for sale thread! You are going to get a number of people contacting you by private message telling you all the games they have for sale and how they can help you. As exciting as that is, take a step back - and stay in this main thread for help.

Our hobby, and specifically the local Chicago and WI collectible market collectors, are some absolutely wonderful people. But in any hobby, there are a few that smell $$$ and will overprice a game to you.

My starting advice: 1. Determine you budget. Pinball machines range from $1K-$10k. The newer the games typically the more expensive. Typically. Brand new in box games range from $4500-$7000. Home used games range all over based on modifications people have made to them, collectibility, etc. Go to the top navigation>Market and search for games for sale. As you see various titles, you'll notice pricing differs as well. So many reasons why. But, browse the market area to help you understand general pricing for your budget and the title that may interest you. 2. What movie, band or category do you and your family like? Everything from Indiana Jones, Wizard of Oz, Ac/Dc and Avengers exist in pinball form. 3. You will not end up owning just one. Once you get one, they are like rabbits - they multiply. You'll want more. Make sure you have room. 4. Pinball machines break (like a car). Consider if you will be trying to fix yourself, or would like the community to recommend some local repair techs. Repairs are typically $70-$100 per hour charge - many repair in first hour.

There are a few public places locally that have pinball at their establishments. I encourage you to go visit and play them. This will help narrow down your search, likes/dislikes.

#3820 7 years ago

BTW...he's one of the good guys - as honest as they come.

#3825 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Come on now. $1000 - 10K? There are plenty of $300-1000 games out there as well. Shit, the last 5 games I bought in the last 4 months cost less than $500. Doesn't have to be expensive if you have an open mind and willing to work on your own shit. First game I ever bought, i went and printed every tech guide and help I could, bought videos on learning how my game works and how to fix things. And my game worked perfect. but if something did happen, i wanted to know the steps on fixing it.

No debate you can find older games that require work for below $1K. But someone new to the hobby, who just remodeled his basement, and is looking for a family game - a project pin doesn't fit the profile of the ask. If he came on here stating a strong interest to learn how to restore an older game because he'd love to know how they work and on a low budget, I'd guess I'd agree with your approach. You're also a different cat. With respect, you have a very strong interest in knowing how everything works to the point you took that talent and do it for a living now in pinball art restoration and can repair pins if you wanted too. Not everyone is a Neo. (and the thread all says in unison "Thank God")

As point of reference, in ~15 years in the hobby I've never bought a game for less than $500 and restored from scratch. That's what makes the hobby great - all of us are different and enjoy different things from the hobby. One day I will, but unfortunately not now.

#3831 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Nobody wants your shit Neo. Now go play some Fish Tales.
Also TSPP blows.

Merry Xmas?

#3840 7 years ago

I've got a Revenge from Mars with SWE1 conversion kit including NIB Nucore system (last one sold by Pinball Life) for sale/trade.

1 week later
#3864 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm surprised this game is still available. $8,100 is about the price of a stock NIB standard version, and this has some nice upgrades.

Sort of like a sign Gweem

#3866 7 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Trade? for:
Two 21" Toro mowers
One 48" commercial mower
Snow blower

Where's the partridge in a pear tree?

1 week later
#3884 7 years ago

If any local pinsiders get a Dialed In and decide to dump - I'm game. Have my RFM w/SWE1 kit & NIB Nucore system available towards trade.

Two very modern looking games.

1 week later
#3921 7 years ago

Steve you're a good man to be helping out.

I'd suggest validating prices with two people on here you trust. I don't doubt one path recommended will be selling wholesale the whole lot to a few of these guys who deal in arcade games. May not be a bad path, just make sure you get the "fair" amount for the widow. Some titles (ie. Tron, Star Wars) will sell themselves as high in demand while others, wholesale may be better route just to get cash in hand for widow.

Wake up call for us pinball collectors. Might want to make a list of your games, value, and who you would ask to help family sell upon our passing. Depressing thought but reality of life.

4 weeks later
#4005 7 years ago

Interesting that you never really see TZ or Addams Family for sale locally. Just a worthless observation. My AF will never leave my collection.

1 month later
#4245 6 years ago

Anyone in Chicago area an expert or know an expert in water drainage? I have a few water collection related issues on my property that for now has stayed outside. Sump pump seems to run pretty often.

#4247 6 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I need somebody like that too. I just called a high end landscaper today and he is coming out next Tuesday. I will let you know if he has sage advice/expertise in this field. Jim

Thanks Jim! Feel free to leverage a "referral" discount in your meeting with him.

2 weeks later
#4301 6 years ago

Just curious, anyone own a Dailed In?

#4329 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Call me when your ready to put a deposit down.

I've become a used buyer on most of these new games. Unless you want to make me a ridiculous offer for a new one.

1 week later
#4373 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Flash Gordon $1500

Too bad you didn't mod it to be Flesh Gordon

1 week later
#4414 6 years ago

Whos everyones favorite distributor in chicago area for nib stern and jjp? Ive been happy with kurt at hemispheres but a friend asked me so I figured I shop around for an opinion.

Do yourself a favor and shop around. Not a question of nice people (they all are) - just how much you're willing to pay for a certain title.

Sadly, for NIB I've tried many times to buy local - to no avail. Deals ALWAYS better out of state. MN and Ohio gang always seem to come through for me. Will explore/talk to WI if I ever decide to buy NIB again.

If not a pinhead, maybe buying local w/warranty makes sense. Just expect to pay a premium.

#4418 6 years ago

My last comment btw was on NIB Sterns. There's a fellow in IN I've bought from that's solid too.

Thank you all who are serving or have served. Happy Memorial Day!

#4432 6 years ago

Any used DI yet?

I know, I know....they're just being released. But any used ones yet?

#4447 6 years ago

Another thumbs up endorsement for Gavin. Cool dude and excellent repair technician. Used him many times.

He's sometimes hard to schedule because so busy, but the best usually are.

#4451 6 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Rick at Rick's Game Repair:
http://www.ricksgamerepair.com/
Konwledgeable, fast, good, pleasant.

Rick's another A+ tech repairer. Great guy as well.

2 weeks later
#4479 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

A really nice Indy 500?

Played it Saturday. I think he said it was a HOU. Best one I've ever seen or played.

#4501 6 years ago

Thinking of selling my HOU LOTR to pick up a GB Premium. Anyone interested in a LOTR let me know.

4 weeks later
#4632 6 years ago

See what happens when you don't come on pinside. Two Dr Who's get sold.

#4651 6 years ago

Loving the action in here lately - keep it up.

#4663 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if I had one, I would love to part with it.

Quoted from stpcore:

If you parted with one, I would love to have it.

If I had one to part with, I would part with it to Neo, who would in turn part with it to stpcore, because he would love to have it from Neo.

But Neo wouldn't have one because I wouldn't part with it for $1200, which Neo normally would pay for that title.

(I don't own one but couldn't resist part - taking in the fun)

3 weeks later
#4734 6 years ago

Just a tip of the hat to a local pinball designer with his first game released in collaboration with Spooky. Total Nuclear Annihilation is now available for sale from Spooky - just got the email.

Way to go Scott D. and Spooky!!

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

burn
if the sale falls through let me know, if it is allowed to come into wisconsin that is.

Wisconsin is allowed. Bummer on leaving the state though.

#4755 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

I don't know what I like better about you bears fans...the unjustified pride or the determination despite year after year of false hopes shattered after week 3

We still live in 1985 "best team ever" so it's not so bad.

#4797 6 years ago

Anyone going to Wizard World this weekend? For Buffy fans Charisma Carpenter and Nicholas Brendon are going to be there, Kevin Sorbo (Hercules), Lou Ferrigno, Jewel Staite (Firefly), Summer Glau (Firefly), Vision from Avengers and Michael Rooker (Guardians) - just some of the few I like.

Pinball related if you're into autographs Gene Simmons, Tom Wilson (Bif Back to the Future), Cobie Smulders (Avengers), Billy Boyd (Lord of the Rings - Pippin) - I'll sell you my LOTR so you can pull the translight to have it signed.

I'm afraid to go because I'm going to get sucked back into comics and spend way too much money. But Charisma is going to be there...how can I say no to Cordelia?

#4821 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I wold love to go, but between the entrance fee and then what they charge for autographs it would cost me a small fortune!

That Buffy translight would look cool with the autographs. But yeah, pretty expensive entrance fee + sessions. But Charisma?

3 weeks later
#4958 6 years ago

HOU (undocumented) LOTR going up for sale. Live 10 minutes from Expo.

#4967 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Production starting very soon, waiting for all of the parts to get here. Parts showing up every day, but pretty much need them all before we can start. New assembly line is ready and waiting.

Very cool. Can't wait to see and play one. Congrats on the progress!

#4990 6 years ago

Anyone know the value of a Ghost & Goblins stand up arcade game? A colleague of mine at work is interested in selling his. Thanks

1 week later
#5070 6 years ago

LOTR sold. Sniff, sniff. Happy it sold to a new first time pinball owner. Treat her good.

#5071 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I may have a couple extra DI LE'S

Show special? Billy the snowman a long time customer gets a special discount just over cost?

Seriously though, need some dialed in games in local collections. Its not getting enough love.

#5088 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I have an extra DILE if someone's interested 9k

That's a show special?

#5099 6 years ago

GnR up for sale.

Playfield is one of the best in a GnR you will ever come across. Clear coated by Captain Neo himself - smooth and shiny as glass. G ramp recently replaced with NOS original. Comes with Slash figure, not yet installed. Cabinet is faded on one side and does have some scuffs. But comes with full cabinet artwork set!

May be interested in trades for a SW Premium or a CFTBL in great condition with monitor mod instead of hologram.

Live 10 minutes from Expo. If you have a little change in your pocket going ching a ling a ling, I have your GnR.

1 week later
#5126 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

Sent PM.. still available? Price? Couldn't find in ads.

Sorry for delay smacks, sent you a pm.

3 weeks later
#5224 6 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Thanks for letting us play Houdini today! Had a great time and love the gameplay.

I second that.

We were all pleasantly surprised at the gameplay, sounds, shot selection, variety of modes and video integration. Rosh and team have their sh*t together. Star Wars looks like Tatooine compared to Houdini. Stern better be careful, the new guys have a very strong & loaded alternative product.

I call dibs on the first used one in Chicago up for sale.

#5237 6 years ago

vidgameseller thanks for thinking of the Chicago for sale thread on your recent Facebook post.

Not trying to start a debate on pinside for sale posting rules, just encouraging all locally to put a reminder in here first. Makes the thread fun.

1 week later
#5260 6 years ago

What's for sale people? Access to an escalara, let's put it to use.

3 weeks later
#5401 6 years ago

I'm a traditionalist. I like original rubbers like the designers intended.

Plus, if I bought super bands, titan or PBL rubbers they'd likely sit in a box for a year.

#5408 6 years ago

Are Houdini's shipping yet? Anyone have a used one yet they are willing to sell?

Is a fun game.

#5423 6 years ago

Bah humbug! Put down the spiked egg nog.

TAF is a classic for a reason. Well integrated theme, original sounds, tons of modes, cool toys and one of the best multiballs ever. S H O W T I M E!! Yes, it even has a magnet to fling your balls randomly on multiball which I know the (hand quote) "better" players don't like because the randomness doesn't allow them to control the ball.

It's not the best game out there (changes often with all the new choices), but deserves top 20 status for a reason. Still love it after all these years and will NEVER leave my collection. Pretty good company seeing as how it's still the most sold game in pinball history.

Merry Xmas!

#5424 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The Beatles, on the other hand. I'm afraid we can no longer be friends.

DrStarkweather not sure if we are/were friends but now that door has closed. Some things are best to keep to yourself.

Next you'll tell me you don't like Star Wars (the original three movies).

#5433 6 years ago

Merry Xmas and happy holidays Chicago thread!

1 week later
#5443 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I came back here to just say that while I appreciate the influence The Beatles/TAF has had on music/pinball, whenever I ask myself 'man, what should I play?" I have never responded "I know.... THE BEATLES/TAF."

We can be acquaintances now.

Happy New Year!!

4 weeks later
#5578 6 years ago

Man you can hear a pin drop in this thread. Nothing for sale?

#5586 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Full Throttle for sale or trade.
I'm going to post a DH for sale soon.

BTW....for those that don't know Kevin his games are ALWAYS in beautiful condition. Buy from him with confidence.

3 weeks later
#5691 6 years ago

HOU Hulk Avengers LE for a Batman 66? Never know.

#5706 6 years ago
Quoted from pincredible:

I’m planning on listing my Safecracker for sale soon. Has a bunch of tokens, topper, and wings. The cab has some fade but the playfield is in fantastic condition. No ghosting inserts.
Will probably list near 6500.
Jeremy

I think Hilton was looking for one awhile ago.

2 weeks later
#5772 6 years ago

I have a HOU Avengers Hulk LE I may be open to trading. Like to rotate some a fresh game in. Batman 66, maybe a SW premium. Let me know what you have.

2 weeks later
#5812 5 years ago

Really, no one is selling, trading or wanting before MGC?

#5815 5 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Wow, anyone watch those pins on that auction in Union? Pretty steep... SWEP1 went for $5,500 with the buyers premium..

Damn. I have a RFM with a SWE1 kit. $5,500 would make me pause.

#5824 5 years ago

(2) Houdini (magic glass, shaker and interior art installed)

Will Wheaton!!!!

#5840 5 years ago

sorry, I do not understand this reference. I know who Will Wheaton is, but I just don't recognize the reference.

Quoted from nowakster:

Big Bang Theory. Will Wheaton is sheldon's nemesis

You got the reference no wakster. Sheldon will yell it at the top of his lungs and the camera spans out to an earth view. Joke loses it's meaning if you don't watch the show - sorry.

I was reacting because I just agreed to purchase a Houdini - minus the shaker and magic glass. Very happy though. Good luck with those sales - glad you posted them.

#5844 5 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

If I can pre sell tales, I can probably fit both on the way up.... If anyone is interested..

Have pics? How nice is that play field. Fun game

#5851 5 years ago

That price on a TZ would have made me consider adding one to my collection again. Great price. Congrats on sale.

#5872 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I have used Ricksgame repair (Gilberts) and I think he's excellent and a great guy. I heard of him on this thread.

Known Rick a long time - one of the best in the hobby. Rick has been in pinball a long time. Even helped Lawler with Banzai Run.

He and Gavin for repairs locally - period. Rob Anthony when he travels in. Good people.

1 week later
#5904 5 years ago

I hope Dracula and SW went to fellow collectors and not to a flipper or retail front. Great prices there. That's what this thread is about.

The bummer is with the new(er) rules of having to post an ad, who knows if these games are staying in IL.

#5913 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Hi Bill
My Star Trek pro has a pending sale out of state.
Florida no less. I believe of all the inquirys none were from Illinois. This is a great thread though.
The buyer is going to pick up when he's sees his son from Detroit. Bruce

Congrats Bruce! If no activity in IL, awesome to sell it to another collector.

It's the flippers and retail guys (no offense) I'd like to recommend to subscribers of this thread to try and avoid when offering hot deals. Purpose of this thread is to connect local collectors to local collectors - not retail guys. They already have their venues for pinball acquisition then upsell. Leave this as the last our haven to keep things a bit more affordable.

#5914 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

There going to that dreadful place to the North... lol

Will Wheaton!! Some games come down from WI into IL, so I consider that friendly.

#5919 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm getting that itch again. Always on the look out for something to shake up my collection. See some nice deals but many times out of state shipping kills them. Before we buy or sell out of state try this club first.
What are you looking for? What do you have to sell? What do you have to trade or may in the future?

My only caveat - try to keep this owner to owner. Craigslist in Chicago has turned into a race between retail flippers which in turn jacks up prices. To be in this club, owner to owner. Mike, Jesse, Phil are all welcome so long as we play well together in the club.

Now, now Jesse my friend. See post #1 from this thread. You know you're welcome here and I appreciate the sale.

Selling is cool, just trying to keep this little thread in the hobby forum more owner to owner as a last haven. You guys are entitled to hunt in the wild - that's your business - and you all do successfully. In here please bring your conquests to sell. But I am encouraging owners to sell to other owners first in here. Fun way to meet others too.

#5928 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

But I'm retail, not allowed in here. Lol.

Always allowed to sell in here Mike. Feel the love

2 weeks later
#5987 5 years ago

Happy Mothers Day Chicago For Sale Thread!!

#5991 5 years ago

Disgusting news just brought to my attention. If your appalled and want to get that CFTBL out of your house with the video upgrade kit, I'll do you a favor and buy it.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2018/05/17/former-glendale-heights-man-arrested-in-alleged-bolingbrook-sex-abuse-case/azfsnbc/

Seriously though, just so sad he allegedly did these things. Poor kid.

1 week later
#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Id be all over that if i was closer!

It's a Chicago for sale pinball thread!!

#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Thanks guys. She’s sold pending payment/pickup with 3 people in line behind. Floodgates opened with that last price drop.

Congrats! Great price there! A few recent prices on games/titles I should have paid closer attention to. Damn work travel.

#6047 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

So I should stop browsing the west coast for sale thread?

If you're going to post in that thread wish you were closer - Yes.

1 week later
#6073 5 years ago

Anyone ready to get rid of their IMDN Premium yet? Looking to shake collection up a bit. BOP 2.0 might be on the trading block. Under 100 a good guess exist?

1 week later
#6103 5 years ago

Any Father's Day pinball trades or sales? I've got an itch and thinking IMDN Premium. Talk to me Goose.

1 week later
#6110 5 years ago

Just picked up a CFTBL (thank you Yelobird).

Is anyone sitting on any CFTBL mods they don't plan to get to or have sitting around? Figure before I start hunting down those cool ones (speaker panel tail light, maybe chrome version, spare creature window, etc) at the pin stores I'd try here first. I'll pay cash but also have some stuff to possibly trade.

My hologram is blue so yes, if anyone has a Mike D kit PM me please - don't post here (damn vultures - you know who you are ). I'd be willing to trade some of my keeper pin items for one. Also, if you have a used green hologram that I could save some bucks on over a new one @ planetary pinball that would be cool too.

1 week later
#6148 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I just sold mine to Paul Reno, don't think he intends to keep it (he had a buyer back out). See if he wants to sell it, it's in great condition.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/home-game-room-supply-franksville-2

Is that my old one? Great game. Hope you enjoyed it.

#6150 5 years ago

Will be posting my BOP 2.0 in the next few days - my own Independence Day. Can't keep em all as ToyotaBoy mentioned.

Prefer to sell but open to trades for Premium Star Wars, IMDN or surprise me. Never know.

#6158 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Very nice original Bride. Plays 100% like a champ. Play in either 2.0 or the original! Color DMD Chrome style T molding around backbox Strategically and tastefully added ships an...”
2018-10-11
Prospect Heights, IL
Archived after: 157 days
Viewed: 1654 times

Open to trades for Stern Premium Star Wars or Premium Iron Maiden

1 month later
#6242 5 years ago

BOP 2.0 and possibly Houdini up for trade. Let me know what you have.

#6244 5 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Just posted a NIB Rob Zombie in market place for trade.

Mad respect for Spooky. Unfortunately, not interested in that one.

#6246 5 years ago

Houdini is spoken for pending a trade. BOP 2.0 is still available for trade.

#6254 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

X-Men is one I purchased new in box when they were released. Kind of honestly hate to see it go, but I just can't keep them all. (Wish I could)

FatPanda just posted looking for one.

#6272 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Houdini is spoken for pending a trade. BOP 2.0 is still available for trade or sale.

Seems like a theme here. Trader on Houdini changed his mind. Both still available for possible trade.

Interested in SW Premium, IMDN Premium, Batman66 Premium, Minty Shadow, or.......

#6276 5 years ago

BTW....I'd also be interested in a Corvette or a Dialed In for my two pins up for trade/sale.

#6283 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

LOL only one way for that, send one to HEP.

CPR new repo play fields just came out. Possible not HEP now.

#6288 5 years ago

Looking for a trade.....

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Absolutely beautiful Houdini. Looking to rotate in a new game. Has side art blades installed from factory. It was used at a show where I bought from distributor. Interested in Iro...”
2018-08-21
Prospect Heights, IL
Archived after: 27 days
Viewed: 594 times

#6302 5 years ago

Anyone interested in a Houdini + cash for a SW Premium? Put some time a SW last night, like to own one for awhile.

#6327 5 years ago

Crappy weather. Anyone want to trade for my Houdini + $1,000 cash for their SW LE? Hit me up.

#6352 5 years ago

That's why this thread was created. Deals with fellow collectors and known retailers is so much better.

Quoted from gweempose:

There are so many assholes like that around here that I don't even bother checking craigslist anymore. I know people in other cities that get good deals all the time on craigslist, but that's virtually impossible in our area because of all the loser flipper dickheads.

My sentiments exactly. Although, I'm glad I didn't write that. I may have been moderated.

1 week later
#6384 5 years ago

Updated pricing Houdini $6300, BOP 2.0 $5700. Like to rotate few titles in the collection.

Added over 6 years ago:

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Absolutely beautiful Houdini! Looking to rotate in a new game. Has side art blades installed from factory. I live 10 minutes from Pinball Expo. Latest code installed. Own a Houdin...”
2018-10-31
Prospect Heights, IL
6,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 1796 times

3 weeks later
#6444 5 years ago

Just revised prices to Houdini $6200 and BOP 2.0 $5500.

Like to sell as "Winter is Coming". Seriously, I hate moving games in the winter. No comment Jesse.

1 week later
#6463 5 years ago

Houdini priced to sell $6200 OBO this weekend only. I'm in market for SW Premium/LE. Happy to trade + cash for one.

#6465 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I think anyone that comes here just a little bit knows that you have this for sale.

Ok, so this thing is working.

2 weeks later
#6515 5 years ago

1) $1700 - Gottlieb Pink Panther. Backglass has flaking, but it's still presentable. Playfield looks pretty good, as does cabinet. Pretty rare/oddball Gottleib with sweet sounds
https://imgur.com/a/QfxVXkJ</blockquote

That's one you don't see every day. Good luck with the sale

#6516 5 years ago

Just passing along, buy with confidence from PinballFuel. Really good dude.

#6520 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Newer games rely SO much on audio. At Logans, the sound on most games was turned completely off, and/or the bar music was so loud you couldn't hear the games at all. This just doesn't work on games you know nothing about..especially the new games that have 20 second audio clips etc. You end up not really knowing what is going on. It was slightly better at Headquarters that you could actually hear most of the games callouts. We had a couple friends with us that weren't really into pinball but had a good time, but they said the same thing. Or to quote a bit more " there would be times the ball would be gone for 10-20 seconds, and you'd have no idea where it went, and then it would shoot out from somewhere'. Now, sometimes there might be some sort of light flash, but that is rare, especially now with all the led's going crazy constantly. Just something for people to think about.

Glad you enjoyed Chicago! If TVs are being made with built-in bluetooth for wireless headphones, how long before pinball machines that are played in public should also have it? With game prices going up, throw us a bone manufacturers.

1 week later
#6635 5 years ago

Holy silver balls Chicago for sale thread! Wow did the train come off the rails

This thread was created (see post #1) as a place for locals to congregate and hopefully post for sale/trade games in here first. Why?

1. Keep the games local
2. Meet other local pinsiders
3. Instead of competing with all pinside on the for sale/trade - let's give locals first dibs over flippers (see 1 & 2)

Our friends in Wisconsin are welcome here as well. To me, it's still in same general locale and I've met MANY who are great pinball hobbyists and those who I now happily call friends. Still prefer games to stay on this side of the state line, but WI I consider part of the family as well. Bears are still in 1st btw....

The distributors are welcome in here too (GAP, Pincades, Kingpin..). Sometimes, they offer some nice deals to locals first. Being truthful, sometimes they do their markup dance and flip as well. The buyer always ultimately has a choice. But these guys have offered deals over time that have benefited us locals too. Let's not vilify them. We can still get pissed when they flip - but - then don't sell to them. You're choice. They're just being opportunistic - can't fault them for that. So long as they don't spam this thread - which they don't - they're part of the local scene too.

Marketplace is another issue I don't want to touch. Let's all enjoy this thread and leave our differences before entering. I enjoy this hobby and more importantly the people. Yoose guys.

#6636 5 years ago

btw....my Houdini (which was priced to sell) is leaving Chicago area because no one here wanted to buy it.

#6653 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

damn it. I want this &gt;:i

I'll make this easy for you. Sell me your Shadow and you'll have half the money.

1 month later
#6755 5 years ago

Merry X-Mas Chicago Thread! Happy Holidays to you and your families.

1 week later
#6776 5 years ago

Happy New Year Chicago Thread!! Here's to more local buying, selling, trading, and meeting more of you in 2019!

#6796 5 years ago

Any Apple Mac experts in here local?

Problem: My wife and my MacBook Pro's have been running Entourage 2008 (stop snickering, I can hear you). Microsoft Entourage has not been supported for awhile. Data files keep corrupting (probably too big). Purchased a MS Office 365 family account. Need to import our emails into Office 365 account. Freakin driving me nuts!!

Mac Entourage uses mbox format I think (or RG something) the you convert to pst, then import. I tried manual, and I'm throwing in the towel. I've wasted hours reading online different software tools to use - all cost $40 or more and I can't validate in reviews if they work.

Please PM me. I expect to compensate, so not trying to ask for a freebie. I know we have talented people on Pinside so wanted to start here. Will drive to you if you can perform the transition. So freakin frustrated. Thanks in advance.

3 weeks later
#6878 5 years ago

The local market has attracted more hobbyists in recent years who have become enthusiasts. Meaning, they'll pay more or out maneuver the casual tire kicker because they have an aggressive passion right now. It gets frustrating, but don't hate the players or the game - it is what it is. That's why I set up this thread with the hopes we start here first to trade/sell/buy to keep things local and make contacts with locals that help each other when time to rotate collections.

I've had some awesome dealings with locals on deals that never hit pinside. I think I've been fair with my dealings to them as well in hopes of maintaining relationships and hopefully dibs on games if they ever sell in future on my want list. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't (and those sting a bit). I believe in karma. Sometimes you need to give to get. Have to be willing to give a deal to get one in the future. My .02

#6883 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Give a deal? Every game I sell, I take a loss! Lol!

You have my phone number right?

#6909 5 years ago

It will be the coldest day in hell before I buy....Oh shit, it is the coldest day in hell. Forget that. Stay warm all.

1 week later
#6975 5 years ago

My daughter who goes to University of Wisconsin in Madison is fundraising for "A Moment of Magic". She's trying to raise $420 for a professional character costume to wear when visiting critically ill kids. Here's a link to the post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-my-daughter-reach-fundraising-goal#post-4833295

Sorry to bring it in this thread, but I'm incredibly proud how she's chosen to use her time in college. Hate to admit, I would be playing video games, pinball, sports and drinking. Just a quick shout out.

392 posts in this topic match your search for posts by badbilly27. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.