FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
#220 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

If so Ill deliver it for you for free, I'm coming up on the 24th -Paul is a good guy

You would do that for me ss. That would be GREAT. Bill contacted me yesterday and I sent him a message to call me today but he hasn't. I know a GREAT steak place I'll take ya as a way of saying thanks. Your coming for the Back to the Fifties I'll bet.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Absolutely Paul just let me know if you and Bill can make a deal. Headed up for volleyball again so Ill drive the big suv this time who knows maybe I can find something to bring home with me.

I hope he contacts me soon. Ah volleyball, I forgot about that. Well I have the LAH you could bring back. You'll have to check it out again. Thanks again.

#227 9 years ago

Sorry to take another game from my pinball bros. in IL. but I just bought mrbillshere's Avatar LE This is my first LE.

#240 9 years ago

WOW, ya don't see a free pin very often.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

someone in milwaukee is selling a Stern Hypnox backglass (only 2 whitewood were ever produced):
ebay.com link » Super Rare One Of A Kind Hypnox Stern Seeburg Backglass Excellent Condition L K

WOW!! What went in the white areas?

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would imagine this was Stern's attempt to steal the thunder of Bally Space invaders, so it probably had a 2nd layer underneath with mirror and infinity lamps.

that would make sense.

2 weeks later
#326 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'd buy the damn thing if I didn't already have to turn sideways to get at my washer and dryer.

What are ya gonna do if they break down?

1 week later
#364 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You fools, he warned you about the fourth of july sale, and you waited too long.
The used glass panes are back up to $34 now!
chicago.craigslist.org link

DANG!!! Missed another one. I think I'll go shoot myself now.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Too late. You missed the half price sale on bullets, too.

I decided not to waste the money on a bullet, I'll jump off a bridge. I'm cheap.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Don't be too cheap, you might choose this bridge...

bad bridge.JPG 17 KB

Nah, we have a very nice High Bridge here in St Paul that's about 100ft above the Mississippi.

1 week later
#416 9 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Thanks! I will now go and hide in my little late 70s early 80s hole and be quiet.
Mike

Don't do that.

1 month later
#521 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Cant remember what an sof is?

Just run your cursor over the underlined letters in the original post and the name of the game and a picture will show.

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Could use some driving games if anyone is selling 2+.
-c

Lloyd at S&S in Hopkins might still have his for sale.

3 weeks later
#624 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

arcade coming to warrenville:
http://www.mainevent.com/locations/warrenville-il
Looks like gameworks meets bowling alley meets lasertag, doesn't seem to be any pinball coming either

Looks like you'll just have to contact them about their "oversight".

2 weeks later
#723 9 years ago
Quoted from TurboTim:

I am selling my excellent condition No Fear. The playfield is a 8.5. I have LED's in the GI's. legs, side rails, lock down bar and coin door were powdered by Matt at Back Alley Creations. Back glass is signed by Steve Ritchie and Greg Freres. If you want any additional photos, please let me know. Local pick up only.
Trade's of interest are Metallica or Star Trek. I will also be selling my Johnny (to be listed later), also in very nice shape that could sweeten a deal.

No Fear sale 2.JPG 270 KB

No Fear 5.jpg 351 KB

No Fear sale 3.JPG 407 KB

No Fear sale 4.JPG 339 KB

No Fear 6.jpg 289 KB

WOW!!! that looks nice. GLWS

#732 9 years ago

That's cuz you don't spend 24/7/365 on Pinside.

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's like T2 and T3, but even better ...

Well T2 +T3 = T5 not T7.....can't you add.

1 week later
#792 9 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

10 million dollars?

That's out of my price range by a few bucks.

#809 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

The sequel to "taking in a Banzai Run in the next few days, will be for sale" is pretty funny. That cabinet really tells a tale!

Picture 1.png 506 KB

At that price he's gonna have that game for a looooooooooooooooong time.

#812 9 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

As each second ticks by, the price is rising!

Well then he's gonna have it a REALLY looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog time.

#816 9 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

" target="_blank">racine.craigslist.org link
1300 for the HS. Non playing, No keys, probable acid damage.
700 for the flash, non playing, no score leds. I'm guessing no keys as well.
Wonder if they'll sell.

HS no way unless the pf is new and the cab and bg are mint then maybe. I'm only asking $950 for mine and it's in MUCH better shape then that one.

#817 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Restored IJ for sale.
HSA Stage 3 Playfield.
Brass everywhere.
Cointaker LEDs.
Upgraded Speakers.
Mods.
8500 or best offer.
Pin is spectacular.
Enjoy the photos!
http://photobucket.com/albums/x352/josh5859/Restored%20Brass%20Indiana%20Jones
PM me if interested. Thanks!

WOW!!!

#821 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

My sincerest apologies.

Thanks Slim. Yeah it's cool, I could tell you didn't read something right. Apology accepted.

#823 9 years ago

Yup sure is, taken back in 89, still have it too.

Mustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpgMustang, Lori & Me 1989 at Bills.jpg
#827 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only thing that dates that pic is the cool dude and the hot chick.
SWEET ride!
you should recreate that same pic now with everything and location the same

1989, alot has changed since then. The chick was gone by 92 but the car is still here.

#828 9 years ago

Thanks, is that your car in your avatar?

#829 9 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Very nice car. That's why I'm selling some of my pins.......I want to get a muscle car!
Dad was a big gear head when he was young. Looks like another expensive hobby.

Thanks. Yes it's a very expensive hobby that is constantly exposed to the elements, road conditions, bad other drivers and your dumb moves. Be prepared. But it sure is fun when everything works.

#831 9 years ago

WOW!!! That's a street cruiser? You must like lookin at the sky. What are your times?

#833 9 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Haha, ya its a fun ride.
With nitrous, it goes very low 9s in the 1/4mile.

Now that's movin, nice work.....I mean playin.

1 month later
#907 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no worries. I hate long drives, so if I can help someone out then it makes it way more worth it!
I will also be taking a trip to CO in Jan/Feb to take my brother his first pinball game (late Bday present for him and a suprise). I will have room to transport 1 (possibly 2) games back from boulder CO area to Madison area if someone wants to plan ahead.

Ya know you can get in deep doo doo transporting game across Colorado state lines.........or is that something else.

2 weeks later
#988 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Anybody ready to dump their Walking Dead pro to get a premium? Sold a game and my wife went nuts because she is having here office x-mas party at our house next Fri and we are down a game. Not sure if I can get a new one by then but I plan to look into it tomorrow.

Steve, hope it wasn't a game she liked. Would she like a WD?

#991 9 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

she would really love a Walking Dead.

Hey man you got it made.

2 months later
#1088 9 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I just went to Round 1 Bowling at Stratford Square Mall and they have three pins there. Metallica, Walking Dead and Mustang. Each play is four credits (we got 64 credits for $14). The best part was I played three games for free since people are impatient and leave before realizing they just won a free game!
All the machines are in solid shape, which was mice as well.

Which game did you like the best?

#1090 9 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'll be honest, I didn't play Metallica or Mustang. I was with my family and my two children (ages 4 and 2) were pulling me in two separate directions the entire time! My daughter played Metallica (as well as a four year old can) and my son played Mustang. I would have used all the credits on myself, but that would be just mean. I'll probably head back by myself so I can play in peace!

I'll bet the kids had fun with dad.

1 month later
#1251 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Do they even have pinball parties in Iowa? Thought it was just corn gatherings?

Gorilla used to have them by Des Moines.

#1272 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Margarine is illegal in Wisconsin?

For damn good reason, that stuff was originally invented to fatten turkeys but it killed them. It's one molecule away from being plastic, put a stick of it out for a month and won't rot, flys won't go near it and nothing will grow on it and a bunch of other stuff. Look it up. It should be illegal everywhere, the stuff will kill you.

#1298 9 years ago

cowman57 just posted one in the MN/WI thread, no price though and he's pretty close to you.

4 weeks later
#1404 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When I think about how much money I've blown on tech that became obsolete, it practically sickens me. I paid well over 5 grand for that rear projection XBR. I think I paid about $2,300 for my first flat screen, and it was only 22". And don't even get me started on laser discs ... Believe it or not, I paid over $1,000 for my first portable DVD player. It was worth it, though. You should have seen the looks I got from people on airplanes.

I had a 50 inch Pioneer front projector back in 1981 that cost me millions. How's that you say...I bought it from a friend who worked at Sound of Music, he said don't buy it because Sound of Music was shutting down and starting up as a new company and would be offering stock at $2 a share. I said I wanted the tv so I payed 2k and walked out the door with it. I could have had 1000 shares of original Best Buy stock. I think it has split 10 times since then and if I figured right I could have a million shares now.

1 week later
#1436 8 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Threw a WTB ad out there, but thought I,would try on here. Looking for some random playfield plastics to practice flattening/poloshing etc. Thought someone might have some old,junk ones for cheap that were warped,etc.
Got a couple projects and dont want to wreck the ones I need trying to practice techniques. Prob melt em with my luck
If you may have something, please PM me.
Thanks all!!

Just heat them up a flat piece of metal or hard wood one at a time using a heat gun set on low and move to back and forth and just when it's to hot to touch quick put another piece of wood on top with about 10lbs of weight on it and let it cool. If it's not flat enough just do it again. It really is very easy. I haven't wrecked a piece yet.

#1460 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you don't know what they are, they look like this and are awesome. I'm filling up mine right now, and they clear out a ton of clutter. Love these things. Still have 4 left for sale.

for sale stuff 004.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
for sale stuff 003.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

If you were closer I'd take one.

#1462 8 years ago

Well if ya ever come this way bring one and I'll buy one. But I'm a courier so ya never know where I'll be.....I could come your way.

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Find me a zac I still need at a reasonable price in your area and i'll be right over.
Preferably
Spooky
Black Belt
soccer kings
Pinball Champ
or find me a Robot Backglass and i'll be over as well. Hell, i'll trade you one for a Robot backglass.

Well I have a new Space Shuttle bg I could trade. That what $239

#1470 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That would be great, but I don't have a Space Shuttle. Now if you have some zac backglasses, i'm all ears.

Nope sorry.

1 month later
#1555 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pin transport opportunity...
I will be taking a trip from MSN to Muskegon, MI (via Ferry) and then down to FortWayne, IN and then back to MSN (via around chitown route).
I am picking up 2 games (1 in MI and 1 in northern IN) and will have room for a 3rd if anyone on this route has something to sell.
I will also have room to transport on this route if anyone needs a hand.
Please hit me up if you have anything on the general rout efor sale.

Cool a ferry crossing, what do they get for a one way trip these days.

#1571 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wow they lowered it. Used to be insane for the car and no people. The kick in the nuts tho, is that you can just drive around the bottom of the lake for around $35 in a minivan.

Through Chicago and all the tolls.

#1573 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good tip. I did not realize they ever cancel? We are doing the 6am route so hopefully before major wind.
Tom, what are the reviews? Do I need my dramamine?

Why don't you just wait for winter and drive across.

4 months later
#1843 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Thinking about letting my Bally Atlantis go... $1100
- all LED's
- battery eliminator
-torn down, cleaned,waxed,re-rubbered bout year ago
-PF and translite good shape
-cabs are ok
Plays great
PM if interested
Dan

image.jpeg

Such great art on the pf.

#1856 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

hi all.i know not a pinball machine but thought I would mention I will be selling my captain kid rifle arcade,,works great ..inside artwork in game nice with working black light...looking for 550.00 to a pinsider looking for a rifle arcade

Pictures?

1 month later
#1969 8 years ago

I have a beautiful no wear populated pf if ya need it. Don't know if it works but it sure is pretty.

4 weeks later
#2132 8 years ago

Be careful with this design. See the little ridge in the slot where the glass goes well I tried to put that one on my Batman Forever tl and it wouldn't go on no matter how hard I tried. I didn't try to slide it on cuz I thought it would scrape the printing off the back side of the tl so I just put a regular lift plastic on. I had to put a couple of small pieces of double layer friction tape on the bg and then pushed the plastic down over them. Worked great.

#2135 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

No it did not. It had a translite. I've owned two and it was the first Sega to really start showing cost cutting measures.

OUPS....your right, I just checked mine. I'll correct my post. Thanks

#2140 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Lol, downvoted for correcting someone who was mistaken? People take voting way too seriously.

Yeah I don't get it either. I made a mistake and I'm glad someone corrected me. Ya live and learn and it hopefully doesn't kill ya in the process ..... right.

#2144 8 years ago

Hey come on you two...I'm the one that made the mistake and I'm GLAD someone corrected me in a nice way. So thank you dung.

3 weeks later
#2233 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You obviously haven't seen the stairs to his basement ...

Couldn't be to bad.....he has 16 games down there.

#2280 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Value on this machine keeps increasing as many have really started to embrace more SEGA pinball machines.

GLWTS.

I think you get a lot for your money with Sega games, my Batman Forever is a great game with lots going on. I just hope the dmd doesn't go out.

#2283 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

get the DMD power saver board from Rob Anthony. Helps reduce power and possiblity of burn out.

I know all about that, gonna get one. What's his site again?

#2292 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Leaving the hobby after being sucked back in!

Sorry to see ya go.

#2323 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

From what I have seen and based on experiences at shows, many phishheads are highly educated, do very well in life, and have a great outlook on the world. Wish there were more bright and interesting people in the world.

Why thank you Whysnow.

2 weeks later
#2382 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Going to be listing a Batman Forever soon. Very nice, very clean, great display. All LED, and just replaced all rubbers...even the elusive top lanes. Waxed playfield....game plays very fast. I bought this not too long ago, but I have convinced myself I need a MMr, so I need to move something. PM me if interested

Lots to shoot on that game, I love mine. I got mine blinged out REAL good.

#2384 8 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am just an "average Joe" player.......

Me too....but my pins sure do look pretty. I just put beatmasters shooter plate light up on mine and replaced the 6 bolts with clear plastic ones. WOW does it look good.

IMGA0366[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0366[1]_(resized).JPG

#2393 8 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

They wanted that WCS94 gone bad!

That's cuz they knew it was a POS. Good for you you handled the situation well. I myself have never run into that situation thank God.

1 week later
#2491 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you make about 10X profit from mods

Say WHAT!!! In my dreams I'm making 10X profit on my Leg Light-Ups...I must be doing something wrong then.

#2505 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

depends on the mod. the TZ lamp shades, when theywere going for $150 were more than 10X. The LED TAF swap light was 20X. The LED lamp boards for stern games for hte backbox are at least 10X profit. All depends on the mods. Those $8 chinese cannons for AC/DC people are selling for a hell of a lot more. (bought mine online at a chinese cheap toy site $8 shipped). so depending on the mod, some of them are massive profit. like toppers cut out of cheap ass plastic and charge $75+. So don't act like mods can't make a shit ton of profit, which is fine. My statement was saying it's a hell of a lot easier money in mods than trying to flip games.

Well your first statement should have been this clear in the first place. It should have read "some" mods are 10X profit. Thanks for clearing that up. My time is worth just as much for making my mod as yours is for touching up and clearing pf's...but I understand yours is more time consuming and messy.

#2506 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So defensive! I wonder why?

Why are you trying to start an argument with a statement like that, there's no call for it.

#2516 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when making statements I would assume people would know it doesn't mean every single incident would be true.

Never assume anything when on a board, statements are taken at face value. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

2 weeks later
#2618 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Next time I have to move a game up a flight of stairs with a hairpin 180degree turn halfway up, I'll be pulling off the head and possibly even removing the PF. Took 3 guys about 20 minutes to get my Fishtales up.

Sounds like you need a better pin house.

#2621 8 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Nah I'm good at my place... back right up to a detached garage. This was going to pick it up from the sellers place.

Oh I see.

2 weeks later
#2750 8 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I like the theme and it plays great, GF not a huge fan of the theme. So if I can find a theme she enjoys it is win win..

20160423_154746_(resized).jpg20160423_154718_(resized).jpg20160423_154737_(resized).jpg

I see, the pictures look real nice.

2 weeks later
#2822 7 years ago
Quoted from customken52761:

I get what I can afford lol Ill enjoy it either way

That's what counts....that you enjoy it.

1 week later
#2884 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you might want to hang on to those carrot flipper bats. I have a feeling with all the bitching about flipper gap on Ghostbusters, those are going to be a hot commodity soon.

Or until Swinks or somebody comes out with longer ones.

#2887 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ones that touch in the middle?

Well not THAT much longer.

#2889 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

If Neo had a penny for every time someone said that....

1 month later
#3092 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Huge shout-out to Trekie for the amazing help this weekend. He volunteered to help a complete stranger (and not only volunteer his time and muscle, but drove to a random seller's home, dragged his escalara and attachments, and basically broke down the game completely by himself and loaded it into my car). It's easy to get jaded from some of the negativity here, but this forum & hobby in general has some of the most generous and kind people you will meet.

That's great.

#3111 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Does anyone have a Wizard of Oz (later run preferred), Hobbit Smaug, or a Metallica Premium for sale or trade?
I'm also looking for a nice condition populated playfield (no cabinet necessary) for a project. The actual game title isn't as important as the overall condition of the populated playfield and plastics. It's going to be used as a display piece so it doesn't have to be functional as it's not going into a cabinet.

I have a beautiful home version Brown Dirt Cowboy....and I mean beautiful. It's complete with all the boards and everything on the back side and the apron.

#3117 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Thanks Paul. Let me keep looking if you don't mind as although the theme isn't the most important I haven't ever been a big EJ fan. That said how much are you asking? Feel free to PM me.

PM sent.

#3134 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what more could you want.

Strippers.....well you asked.

#3136 7 years ago

Cool, our girls have to be in a glassed off room because one of our city councilwomen 30 years age decided she didn't like strip clubs so she got a city ordinance passed.

#3153 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Also, I bought a used escalera so getting out of the basement should be easy! Actually I've never gone upstairs using an escalera before but I hear it's easy! Lol.

Just make sure the battery is fully charged EVER time you use it. I buddy of mine rented one and he ran out of charge half way up the steps, good thing I was there to get an extension cord to plug it in and charge. He held the game there for 15 minutes so it could charge long enough to get it up the rest of the way.

#3160 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Holy crap! That's horrible. I'll go charge her right now.

It's a 12v battery I think so buy one of those battery minder trickle chargers and keep it on it all the time, well worth the money and your battery will last a lot longer too.

#3177 7 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Star Wars cockpit for sale!
Absolutely gorgeous example of this holy grail game.
PROS:
-(2) complete cockpits were used to make this (1) example. The other game was sold off as a parts game. Thus, the best parts from both games were combined to make this! See my restore blog right here on Pinside at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1984-atari-star-wars-cockpit-restore
-Yes, it has the 25” Ampliphone monitor AND I’m also throwing in an extra 25” compatible tube!!! These are rare like hen’s teeth, but I managed to find 1 that I will include (though you certainly don’t need it).
-Brand new reproduction plexiglass canopy set from ThisOldGame.com.
-Brand new reproduction control panel overlay from ThisOldGame.com.
-The artwork has been meticulously gone over and fixed up where necessary (for example: all the black trim around the edges was repainted black). Though there may be a few knicks here and there, the artwork looks extremely good!
-The lighted marquee in the back is gorgeous. No flaking and colorful. Only a very small sliver missing from where the marquee rubs against the wood that really can only be seen when the marquee is removed.
-Coin door is gorgeous. For that matter, all metal pieces have been repainted black (even the screws!)
-Flight yoke is a smooth, consistent black and not worn down. All parts for controller have been cleaned and re-greased
-Includes a brand new reproduction monitor bezel with the reflective strips (again, something that is impossible to find)
-Boards have been meticulously gone over. Sound boards were sent out and bulletproofed, Ampliphone video boards were sent out and bulletproofed
-Power supply has been fully re-capped
-Brand new vector generator on the graphics board!
-Many new pieces (power cord, floor mat, bezel, etc…)
CONS:
-The tube has a small dime-sized burn in the center. This does not affect gameplay and can only be seen during certain scenes as most of the game is a black starfield! This burn happened prior to my taking ownership and certainly occurred due to the “spot killer” not functioning properly. This however has been fixed and is properly working. Again, I’m also including another 25” compatible tube should you desire to ever replace the original tube (you’d need to swap the yoke and whatnot).
-While all of the cabinet is there and artwork has been touched up, it isn’t a perfect cab. There are a few cosmetic cracks you can see if you look closely. Not a big deal, but just sharing as much as possible.
-While the triggers on the controller work flawlessly, the thumb buttons currently only work every now and again. Doesn’t affect gameplay as all the buttons do the exact same thing (shoot), and honestly this shouldn’t be difficult to fix. It never bothered me enough to mess with it.
-It’s in my basement. I’ll provide ice cold beverages of your choice (beer, soda, water), but you’re going to need to bring a buddy with you to get it out of the basement cause she ain’t light or small!
Please feel free to PM me with any questions. $5200

Damn if I had the room in my garage (second game room) I'd be all over this. You did a GREAT job on it. You know how to repair a MACH 3 laser disc game? I think I have a board problem.

1 week later
#3245 7 years ago

I'll take THIS site any time. I love it here. If others aren't happy here they are free to leave anytime.

#3255 7 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

It seems like the awesomeness of the platform and user experience is a big reason for Pinside's popularity.

You got that right.

#3256 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I like enabling the forum discussion option on sales threads, but my current Twilight Zone thread (and another TZ for sale thread by Saveleaningtower) are absolute cesspools of long-time members trolling or going completely off-topic and diverting attention onto themselves. It's like their way of rebelling against the system. If this is what $35 gets me, I'll pass and just turn off all discussion in the future.

That sounds like a Pinside member problem to me.

1 month later
1 week later
#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Thank you however I now have a capt fanatic home and not interested in another home pin at this time. thanks to the will of pinside!

If ya need a complete pf let me know, I have a beautiful one.

1 week later
#3568 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I have a pin stored at centerflanks place in Milwaukee....can anyone get it to Expo? PM if you can help out. Thx

Is flanker going to Expo?

#3585 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Just in Bride of pinbot. Clean, working.

Try posting that in the BOP non 2.0 club.

1 week later
#3624 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Pinside keeps hanging up on me tonight when I try to place an ad.

They have been real slow for me tonight but at one point tonight there were over 1000 people on so I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

2 months later
#3869 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Way to finish strong with the bag of M80's. Best trade offer ever.

But are they the new or old style M80's?

2 weeks later
#3918 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Wondering if anyone local would be able to help me put a value on some older arcade machines? A collector friend of mine passed away recently and his wife asked me to help her liquidate.

Sorry to hear that Steve.

1 month later
#4114 7 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

What do you mean by blown out?

Missing paint, bare wood showing, planking etc.

#4120 7 years ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

Will soon be posting my beloved F14 Tomcat to fund this purchase (figure it's easier than getting a paper route).

Well I bought my 1970 Mustang (new) with my paper route money.........took me 8 years though.

#4139 7 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Sure get all that salt dust all over your bike and watch it eat it alive!

Try going out to the Bonneville salt flats for a race and have it rain. Talk about SALT!!!

#4150 7 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

you want to chrome a whole playfield? sure if you want.

Now THAT would be one of a kind. I'd like to see that. But oh the dimples even if it were cleared. Maybe one of those Hard Tops with no printing on it.

#4163 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'm in a funk of bad pinball luck lately and can't seem to find anything to fill a fourth spot in my lineup. If anyone has a fun pin that's not getting attention (preferably with a very nice playfield) in the $2000 - $3000 range can you please consider sending me a PM. It's OK if it's not fully working or if it needs to be shopped (I like that part of collecting).
Some pins I'm interested in (Earthshaker, Whirlwind, High Speed 2, Fish Tales, X-Files, Judge Dredd, The Shadow, RBION, and more) I only have cash to buy 1 pin.
Every pin I've been interested in for the past month or so has been sold just before I can put in an offer and it's driving me insane, lol. Im done feeling sorry for myself now. Thanks guys.

I have a beautiful, 100% playing RCT for $2900 but you'd have to pick it up.

2 months later
#4396 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think it really depends on the situation. Pretty sure that if you're a private seller in the pinball hobby and you need to cover the basic needs, as you put it, then you need to straighten out your priorities. I'm also sure that a private seller typically doesn't offer a written warranty against operation or defects or whatever else GAP (or other distributors) provide. Buying and selling in the pinball world is no different than buying a car. (yes, a car analogy). You could buy from a dealership, and expect to pay a higher price, but to also have the perks associated with buying from a dealership. Or you can buy from a private seller, and have to deal with the mysteries of buying from said seller.
Bottom line, if you don't support what GAP (or any other distributor/reseller does) then you can speak your opinion by not buying from them. Plain and simple.

Yup, that's the way it works.

3 weeks later
#4464 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have one pit ticket for Iron Maiden tomorrow night. I paid $120. Will sell for $80. Just Lemmy know, thanks.

Does that mean they have to sit next to you?

1 week later
#4508 6 years ago
Quoted from valechippa6925:

Currently have a Jack-bot for trade, I have an ad posted on the marketplace with pics and info if interested let me know.

The game looks nice so if you don't get any trade offers and want to sell let me know, I get over to the Chicago area every once in a while and could pick it up.

3 weeks later
#4628 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

It was a star trek / star wars mix up joke...
As in star wars special edition.

1 month later
#4885 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

dirty pinball at gameworks schaumburg? Just get right outta town
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/08/31/gameworks-schaumburg/

WOW!!! All games are half price on Monday. So I could get a Tron for $4k on Monday. That's a deal.

2 weeks later
#4968 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I expect we will have three at expo. Unfortunately the first batch of playfields we got had some printing issues, and we won't have the next batch in time for expo, so we will have to use the flawed ones.

I'd buy one of those for a wall hanger if you were to sell them at a good price.

#4973 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not sure how many bad playfields we have, and how many we will end up using, but for machines they do get installed in, my guess is that those machines will eventually be sold as 'production samples' with the subpar playfields.

OK well keep me in mind. Thanks.

#5035 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'm getting ready to put some decor on the walls of my game room and was wondering if anyone local may have a playfield or 2 that I can use as a wallhanger? Preferably something solid state 80's to current. Consider sending me a PM if you have something. I can pck up locally or will be at Expo on that Friday.

If you get a couple think about lighting the inserts. I've it up 8 of mine with strings of 100 white led Christmas tree lights. The wires are thin so you can make tight bends if you have to and they come with a 9 effect controller. On ebay they are like $9 from China. I use Gorilla tape to cover the bulbs once in the inserts and hold them in place.

#5037 6 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Sent you a PM, have a NOS Hook playfield that you could technically hang on a wall!! Will probably be at Expo on either Thursday night or Friday night.

Nice, never seen one for sale before, that must be expensive.

3 months later
#5488 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Jack bot: very nice 3100 obo

You may want to put that up in the Jackbot club.

2 months later
#5774 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Pretty nice Gorgar with clear coated PF and re-stenciled cab. Amateur restore, but worth every penny for what it is. All new boards and LEDs throughout. $2k FIRM.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XzvARc8S97bxeo4k2

That looks to be in great shape. Are the inserts flat?

4 months later
#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Price drop to $850 for a quick and hassle-free deal on Williams SWE1 kit. The playfield is completely populated, everything original and nothing missing, I've had a question or two about it. If you are interested please let me know. Thanks.
Brad

That's a good deal.

1 month later
#6407 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The market has definitely become a bit sluggish. There are a lot of nice games sitting unsold that would have gone quickly a year ago.

Blame that on the new games and their price.

2 months later
#6711 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't be so sure. Blue lights in the GI's makes games virtually unplayable. or green, red, or purple.

Except for Condition Green in Space Station.

#6721 5 years ago
Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

And using cheapo LEDs under inserts is just horrible. You want those to pop thru the GI, not be dimmer than an incandescent.

That's why I use Comet 2 smd white clear domes under all my clean inserts.

7 months later
#7577 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one do or know some who does custom die cut vinyl stickers? Have a very small project. 4-8 stickers max. For pop bumpers. Let me know. Thanks!

Give Mr Tantum in the Getaway club topic a shout, he does nice work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.