FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Harvs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2389 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

There was an $1800 Bally World Cup on CL Sat for $1800. Got snapped up quickly(no, it wasn't me, out of the game for a while)

I seen that right when it was listed. I called the guy and he said it just had a $500 service and in excellent condition etc.. I drove over an hour to see it, cash in hand.. By NO means was it excellent. Cracked taped translight and faded deteriorating trans, cracked plastics, previous water damage or heavy moisture (under cab was puffy in spots (mainly front), metals throughout were rusty/spotted, coin door had a hacked riveted piece of metal on it and spray painted, and looks like it was moved with the legs on and someone hit a stair cracking the rear cabinet. Roached inside cab, gouges taken out of the cab, and some felt or paper glued to the entire back of the machine. Needed more than what I was willing to put into it at $1800 buy.

I may be picky, but I didn't even make an offer. They became irate, I apologized, I left...Waste of my Sat night.

* I must note that the acid damage on the board looked to be fixed properly, that was the majority of the $500 service done, at least that's what the gents receipt said..

#2392 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

THEY got irate because you wouldn't buy their POS? I wouldn't even apologize. I'd be like "yeaaa.. nope! Gotta go"

Yes.. My Wife was chatting with the woman upstairs while her husband and I were checking it out. After the 2.5min look-see, I decided I was not giving 1800, or any $, and made my way up stairs to leave.. The woman seriously became irate and pointed at me and my Wife saying "Next time you tell someone you are going to buy something, you better do it!".. It was odd to say the least, and my poor Wife didn't know wtf was going on. I simply said sorry to avoid escalating the sitch...- Coulda turned into a riot quickly it seemed. They wanted that WCS94 gone bad!

Anything for pinball!

#2394 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's cuz they knew it was a POS. Good for you you handled the situation well. I myself have never run into that situation thank God.

He did mention that he paid over double for the machine and had just put another $500 into it because the batteries 'broke'.. I think it was just a money thing.., he said they sell for $4000+ on ebay, that this was a deal! Yet he did not know the backbox or the PF could be opened/lifted so..

Oh well, on to the next CL 'deal'. Ha

#2397 8 years ago
Quoted from out_of_order:

Regarding the WCS on CL, I was #2 in line for it. The seller contacted me saturday evening and let me know the first person passed after he saw it. I asked a few questions regarding what buyer 1 thought of it and decided to pass. I hope whomever bought it , enjoys it because WCS is such a great game !!

Seems like the seller was honest at least.., seeing you passed and all. I told him he should let people know that the cabinet has a split(s), the coin door will need to be replaced and although functional, not in excellent condition as described.

I'm sure someone got it for a worth while price.. well hopefully.

#2407 8 years ago

All depends on when they sent that email Arkham. I did say "IF its in excellent condition as described, consider it sold. Cash in hand, on my way.". I was in and out, 830ish PM Sat. - The PF needed a shop for sure, that was by far the nicest part. Batteries were minty too.. Ha.

And I agree Vdojaq.. Always someone slinging turds for a few quick bucks. Little Windex, add an LED bulb or 2.., POOF!! 4K OBO! I despise those jello handed sidewinders on our local CL, that sh!t gives me a headache when doing my daily search. - Everyone gots to eat I guess..

#2408 8 years ago

Dub, oops.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#2761 7 years ago

Curious if anyone is going to the Michigan pin show in 2 weeks and has room to bring a pin back? I will pay'ith cash'ith!!
PM me if you can help. Thanks

Added over 8 years ago: No longer needed. Thanks!

3 years later
#8037 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerrybest:

They didn't it turned into a bidding war last she wanted was 2000

It wasn't 2k...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Harvs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=Harvs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.