FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3321 7 years ago

Chicago places to play question.

Heading down for a few days on Friday. Staying in a hotel within a few blocks of the Headquarters river north location and intend to stop by, but as far as I'm concerned - more is better.

Of the two Headquarters, two Emporiums, and Logan Arcade - any of them stand out above the others? Any other locations worth checking out? Using the trains and foot for travel - no car for what that's worth.

1 year later
#6041 5 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

I call bullshit how close to you does a pin have to be for you to purchase it all the way down to the end of the block you live on c'mon pull the trigger on the deal and load the cooler up and make the ride and if the cubbies are in town hit Wrigley field catch the game then pickup your new pin the next day and tell the tale on pinside as you go

All over it from the other direction if it were closer. Still tempting now, frankly.

1 month later
#6134 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey all,
I like working on things but would want something that plays well. Hoping to get into something that won't break the bank but be fun for my wife and parents to like, but still be good fun for me too. Appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

Quoted from Whysnow:

talk to fatpanda about his TA Great classic layout/fun EM and his is super nice, esp for the price.

It's right in front of you.

Target Alpha is a 4 player version of one of the most popular 1 player wedgeheads around. Granted, the ruleset is slightly nerfed, but 4 player = can play with wife/parents at the same time. Not sure what FatPanda is asking, but Target Alphas tend to be affordable. Certainly compared to it's single player counterparts.

2 years later
#8988 3 years ago

Looking for either a Game of Thrones or Deadpool. Premium preferred for either, though pro considered depending on price/location.

Up in the Twin Cities, but willing to road trip for the right deal.

8 months later
#9593 2 years ago

Chicago places to play advice needed if you don't mind. Heading down from the twin cities for a three day birthday weekend the 14th-17th.

Last time I was there I hit the Headquarters River North location as well as the Logan Arcade. Headquarters was perfectly fine, and easier to get to but Logan was easily my favorite of the two.

For this trip my wife and I are catching a show at the Den Theater - roughly half way from our hotel to Logan anyway. So planning on hitting Logan again, but notice that the Den is nearly across the street from one (the smaller?) of The Emporium locations.

So - stick to the plan and go the extra couple miles to Logan, or is the Emporium a good enough destination? Or abuse the fact that I can play the birthday (50th) card really hard and hit both?

Beside that - any other spots that someone shouldn't miss?

#9599 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

Won't be renting a car, so sticking to trains and busses - google says roughly 90 minutes out to Galloping Ghost and or Enterrium. Probably going to pass on those for that reason this time. Have of course heard of Galloping Ghost though - it's definitely on my radar for future visits.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club?tu=Beatnik-Filmstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.