New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90537)

Chicago Trader/Seller Club

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,904 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BBC
  • Topic is favorited by 343 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 8904 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 179.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm a Blackout snob. They pretty much all have semi-flaky backglasses and worn playfields. Great game, regardless. If I ever find a super nice one, I'm all over it.

It would be awesome if CPR did a Blackout playfield.

#402 6 years ago

Yeah, a CPR playfield / plastics / backglass package would be awesome. Prices for unrestored Blackouts would double overnight. Maybe I should pick up a beater now just to be safe.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Saturday, July 19, 9 PM - 2 AM (later hours due to private party rental)

Indeed

#404 6 years ago

yancy did you see my previous posts?

#405 6 years ago

Yup. Sorry, I'm holding out for one with no wear, cupping, etc. Which probably means I'm waiting for a CPR repro.

#406 6 years ago

Ok... If you need a blackout fix let me know and you can come play...

#407 6 years ago

Did I help your snobbery of blackouts, Yancy?

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

maybe I'll take you up on that

Jacob would love you, that is one of his favorite games. Too bad I'm short on room.

#409 6 years ago

Still interested in a Taxi.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I'm thinking the SST was a fake. Just a hunch.

If I were guessing I'd say it was legit but getting 10,000 replies to their ad 5 minutes after it was posted probably gave them the feeling that they under-priced their game.

Dave

#411 6 years ago

Mike

Quoted from egyptrus:If I were guessing I'd say it was legit but getting 10,000 replies to their ad 5 minutes after it was posted probably gave them the feeling that they under-priced their game.
Dave

Guys
I hate to ask this, but what game is SST? Must not be an 80's game as I have no clue.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Mike

Guys
I hate to ask this, but what game is SST? Must not be an 80's game as I have no clue.

Starship Troopers by Sega

#413 6 years ago

Thanks! I will now go and hide in my little late 70s early 80s hole and be quiet.
Mike

#414 6 years ago

Lookin' for one more NBAFB.
Wally

#415 6 years ago

Any one know the deal with this guy with the Timeline? Ive corresponded with him in the past, he never seems to want any less than his asking. I really like the art package on this machine. If it is indeed working, what do yall think is a fair price? I was offering him $350 before, but may up it to $400/450. Thoughts?

chicago.craigslist.org link

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Thanks! I will now go and hide in my little late 70s early 80s hole and be quiet.
Mike

Don't do that.

#417 6 years ago

Chitownpinball- I was thinking bot making an offer to him but I wouldn't even pay 350.. 300 max in my opinion for clunky gottlieb wide body from 1980

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Chitownpinball- I was thinking bot making an offer to him but I wouldn't even pay 350.. 300 max in my opinion for clunky gottlieb wide body from 1980

Cool, i needed another opinion. I mostly like the art, gameplay is meh.

TBL saving continues!

#419 6 years ago

A little off topic but I am looking for an arcade cocktail cabinet. I have seen the Craigslist ad from the guy in Crystal Lake that sells them for $1250. Although I like the design/look, I would rather install my own hardware. Anyway, I'm looking for a finished arcade cocktail cabinet (minus the hardware) or one with a little more flexibility past an 8 way joystick and two buttons. Thanks!

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

A little off topic but I am looking for an arcade cocktail cabinet. I have seen the Craigslist ad from the guy in Crystal Lake that sells them for $1250. Although I like the design/look, I would rather install my own hardware. Anyway, I'm looking for a finished arcade cocktail cabinet (minus the hardware) or one with a little more flexibility past an 8 way joystick and two buttons. Thanks!

Contact wu up in round lake. He sells about 400 cocktails a year and will custom make them to your specs.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyway, I'm looking for a finished arcade cocktail cabinet (minus the hardware)

Contact Arcade adventures in crystal lake, he's got a warehouse full of arcades (some that end up getting gutted for parts).
http://www.arcadeadventures.com

I bought a nice golden tee cabinet for $100 from him for a Mame system, he may have a cocktail cabinet he'd be willing to let go.

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

yancy did you see my previous posts?

Quoted from yancy:

Yup. Sorry, I'm holding out for one with no wear, cupping, etc. Which probably means I'm waiting for a CPR repro.

pm sent since he passed and you seem to be willing to let go of it. I have been looking for an early 80's game for awhile but they're all either beat to snot or restored.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Jacob would love you, that is one of his favorite games. Too bad I'm short on room.

You've got a huge piece of property, you need to put up a building like Mike Schudel has, and I don't want to hear about any 'zoning crap' -- oh, and while you are at it, how about a nice back-up generator, enough to power at least a half dozen games -- what time did the power come back on?

#424 6 years ago

Our Avengers Pro is temporarily on loan to the Joliet Slammers minor league baseball team, who play at Silver Cross Field in Downtown Joliet. It's a cross-promotional deal, where we have the machine on the main concourse during home games. It is on casters, and stored in "The Clink" (team store/pro shop) when games aren't going on.

Anyway, now that the arcade is open, I'd like to bring Avengers back there, but I need something to replace it with. Something that is cheap to play (they suggested $0.25 play) and preferably baseball themed. My immediate thoughts were Big Hurt and Silver Slugger...anyone have one of these for sale? Keep in mind, this will be a routed game...it doesn't have to be pretty, but it should work well. And I don't want to spend more than I have to, of course!

I suppose SlugFest would work too, but I prefer to have something that's more pinbally.

Thanks,

-Mark

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

You've got a huge piece of property, you need to put up a building like Mike Schudel has, and I don't want to hear about any 'zoning crap' -- oh, and while you are at it, how about a nice back-up generator, enough to power at least a half dozen games -- what time did the power come back on?

I would love a building like Schudel has. No out buildings allowed. We do build electrical equipment for a living, I should have a generator. I have actually looked into it before. The power was out for less than an hour! Back on at 11:50. Some day I'll get one, then the power will probably never go out again.

#426 6 years ago

A small inverter generator's only a few hundo. You probably don't have a sump, but I bought one to go with my battery backup on the sump for bad storms with ext power outages. Gives me peace of mind, so I don't feel completely helpless/bored during an outage.

#427 6 years ago

Looking for a Data East Simpsons via trade... Have a police force or hurricane to put towards trade... Just throwing this out there to hopefully find one this summer. Trying to get the little one to play more pinball and seems to be only theme she likes and TSPP is little out of my price range this summer.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Still interested in a Taxi.

This is a Chicago area trader/seller thread and you are from this general area. You should already know that it is very hard to find a taxi in certain areas of Chicago.

#429 6 years ago

apparently I need to hang out at the airport more.

#430 6 years ago

Screw taxis. Uber is where all the action is at!

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Screw taxis. Uber is where all the action is at!

I heard the action was at the airport restrooms.

#432 6 years ago

kinda new around here and just saw this thread, so I'll leave this here, while I'd prefer $$, I'm up for the right trade
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-bally-see-saw-chicago-area

#433 6 years ago

I need to downsize a little before the fall so I have listed the following in marketplace.. Figured I would note on here as well... Not gonna sell everything but need to sell two;

For sale:
Blackout $1,000
Police Force $1,250
Hurricane $1450

For Trade (maybe sell)

RBION $3000

WPT plus 1k cash

HS2 plus 1.3 k cash

SOF plus 1.8 k cash

BSD plus 1.2k cash

Feel free to PM if you got something I could like.

Thanks
Dan

#434 6 years ago

RBION didn't really do it for you huh? GLWS.... You have some fair prices there for sure...

#435 6 years ago

I actually really like RBION. And it is not necessarily leaving but I need some space and a little extra pocket money so I figured I would put it out there.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Cool, i needed another opinion. I mostly like the art, gameplay is meh.
TBL saving continues!

I love my timeline. Fun game in my opinion but you have to like Gottlieb games from the 80's. Some people love them and some people have no care for them.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I need to downsize a little before the fall so I have listed the following in marketplace.. Figured I would note on here as well... Not gonna sell everything but need to sell two;
For sale:
Blackout $1,000
Police Force $1,250
Hurricane $1450
For Trade (maybe sell)
RBION $3000
WPT plus 1k cash
HS2 plus 1.3 k cash
SOF plus 1.8 k cash
BSD plus 1.2k cash
Thanks
Dan

Just so I understand, for a trade - you would want 1800cash plus a BSD for your RBION? Is that correct?

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just so I understand, for a trade - you would want 1800cash plus a BSD for your RBION? Is that correct?

Nope... 1.2 cash and BSD...

#439 6 years ago

After reading a thread the other day I was think about adding the following trades I would accept just to stir the pot:

Congo plus 2k

Hahaha. I actually like Congo.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

What Ralphwiggum said above.. BSD plus 1.2k

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Quoted from danczaz:

So 1200 plus a BSD for a RBION that you value at 3k? So does that mean you place a value of 1800 on the BSD plus the 1200 cash to equal the 3000 value placed on the RBION? Do I have that right now?

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So 1200 plus a BSD for a RBION that you value at 3k? So does that mean you place a value of 1800 on the BSD plus the 1200 cash to equal the 3000 value placed on the RBION? Do I have that right now?

Looks like you got it....

#443 6 years ago

Hey! I come to pinside to get away from those damn story problems I could never figure out as a kid!

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Looks like you got it....

Well how is that a fair trade? For even a "player" BSD.
And Congo plus 2000. What? Thats crazy talk.

Okay well than how about my GNR for 5000 and your Addams Family.
Sorry but I'm calling shenanigans on danczaz. IMHO.

#445 6 years ago

The Congo plus 2k was a joke... There was that Congo for RBION thread over last couple days that had people divided over game and costs... Was just stirring the pot.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

For sale:
Blackout $1,000
Police Force $1,250
Hurricane $1450
For Trade (maybe sell)
RBION $3000
WPT plus 1k cash
HS2 plus 1.3 k cash
SOF plus 1.8 k cash
BSD plus 1.2k cash
Thanks
Dan

I see your still feeling the love on the SOF huh.

#447 6 years ago

SOF was awesome! I really liked it when I played it at your house!!! Eyes are open for one but it is going to be awhile...

#448 6 years ago

I think it's the best system 11 out there. Love it. that's why I took the time to restore mine.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well how is that a fair trade? For even a "player" BSD.
And Congo plus 2000. What? Thats crazy talk.
Okay well than how about my GNR for 5000 and your Addams Family.
Sorry but I'm calling shenanigans on danczaz. IMHO.

Apparently you view the value of BSD differently than danczaz. The Congo one was a joke from another thread.... Looking at his prices, I think he is pretty much spot on from what I have seen over the years.

I am not sure where you are getting BSD numbers from, but up here (not too far away from you), I haven't seen a player quality BSD sell for the 2k mark. I have seen plenty of people ask 2k+ for them, but never see them sell for that. Collector quality is a different story....

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

SOF was awesome! I really liked it when I played it at your house!!! Eyes are open for one but it is going to be awhile...

My SOF is pretty much on the block right now. I really like it a lot but want a BK2K more. It's gonna suck to see it go if something comes up. Mine is in good shape and Is LEDed up too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PREMIUM Out of stock
The Pinball Place
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 29.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
There are 8904 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 179.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside