By badbilly27

3 years ago

Stats

• 4,493 posts
  • 340 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

There are 4493 posts in topic. You are on page 88 of 91.
#4351 42 days ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Well no s@it Hilton, don't stir the nest as I have told you before!!!! You kicked it twice or more the next time you get stung
LOL

Quoted from Whysnow:

I was making a point that you screwed up and quoted him instead of the potential buyer, lol.
Hence, he has it covered... To make it more simple for you... A distributor does not need another distributor to find him a game.
If you want to make personal threats then no need to speak behind a veil, just say what you want to do.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

#4352 42 days ago

Just wanted to say Thank you to OCD_pinball for coming to my rescue on my search for a donor 78 Bally cabinet. Within one day we made contact and it is now on my bench to start the prep. So excited to see Kiss be reborn again. OCD is one of the many amazing people I have run into in this hobby willing to give a hand or help keep the hobby alive. Amazing guy, Thank you Sincerely!!! Also thank you to the many others that reached out in the Pinside community!!

#4353 42 days ago

VGC Gottlieb Jacks Open for sale
ran when parked
local pickup only
extras included
$1000.00 cash
PM for pics
TYVM

#4354 41 days ago

Toying with the idea of trading my Spiderman (Stern original, not vault) for a Metallica. Not HUO or perfect but a very good player. It has nice LEDs (Comet sunlight GI with color matching inserts...no color bombing), LED OCD board, speaker lights with spider acrylics, and a shaker. Any of these can be removed depending on the deal. Has some minor cabinet scratches/scuffs and some clearcoat wear around a few inserts. Not very noticeable, but there. Magnet area is perfect. Again, not HUO but nice for a routed machine and it plays great.

Would be looking for an equal or close to equal trade for a Metallica pro. Definitely wouldn't mind a premium but would have to discuss the price difference...not sure I could make that work.

Let me know if you have any interest.

#4355 40 days ago
Quoted from flerp:

VGC Gottlieb Jacks Open for sale
ran when parked
local pickup only
extras included
$1000.00 cash
PM for pics
TYVM

One of the extras is 1000 cash?!!! Sweeeeet!

Kidding. GLWTS

#4356 40 days ago

Archived after 11 days
Sold for $ 350
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Used, needs some work “For sale or trade Sinbad project--- it's a player... Playfield seenn use but no major wear areas Backglasss is ok to good Cabinets are ok CPU has battery leakage It's all the...”
2017-05-18
Hampshire, IL
400 (OBO)

#4357 39 days ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Machine - For Sale
For sale or Trade: Sinbad project- absolutely averageNew!Used, needs some work “For sale or trade

Sinbad project--- it's a player... Playfield seenn use but no major wear areas

Backglasss is ok to good

Cabinets are ok

CPU has battery leakage

It's all the...”
6 hours ago Pingree Grove, IL 400 (OBO)
danczaz

@gryszzz

#4358 39 days ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Machine - For Sale
For sale or Trade: Sinbad project- absolutely averageNew!Used, needs some work “For sale or trade

Sinbad project--- it's a player... Playfield seenn use but no major wear areas

Backglasss is ok to good

Cabinets are ok

CPU has battery leakage

It's all the...”
9 hours ago Pingree Grove, IL 400 (OBO)
danczaz

LOL. Absolutely average!!!!!

#4359 39 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LOL. Absolutely average!!!!!

Got to tell it like it is!

#4360 39 days ago

Junk I bought off Offerup.

Machine - For Sale
Needs major work “This ad is for a mistake I made purchasing off the Offerup app sight unseen. Its a piece of work. Electrical hacks a plenty. Doesnt boot, blows fuses. This is a project to say the ...”
41 days ago
Chicago, IL
500 (OBO)

#4361 39 days ago

Preciate the good word Slim. Bought it.
Anybody in here gettin down to Indy next week?

#4362 39 days ago

Bring me my Sinbah and I'll take ya to the Indy 500 to party.

#4363 38 days ago

im heading down on Thursday to Indy

#4364 38 days ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

im heading down on Thursday to Indy

Are you going to be out towards Elgin between now and then.. I have a Sinbad he bought from me.

#4365 38 days ago

I have a nice 1979 Williams Flash pinball for trade if anyone is looking for one. Very nice example with a beautiful playfield, has LEDs (incandescent in the backbox) and a chromed lockdown bar (had that on there when I got it). Feel free to contact me for pics. Happy to add cash. Looking for a system 11 or current pin. Project OK.

#4366 38 days ago

Archived after 4 days
Not sold
Machine - For Trade
Used, working and clean “Really looking to trade my Indiana Jones for an MM, MMR, TOM, AFM, and I am sure a few others I haven't owned yet. My IJ is very nice shopped with Leds installed. Playfield is near...”
2017-05-17
Richfield, MI
Trade

#4367 38 days ago

Jammaster I don't want to trouble you to pick up machine and haul it, but thank you. Probably be easiest for me to just go get it. I need to hit PL anyway.

#4368 38 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Junk I bought off Offerup.

Machine - For Sale
Monte CarloNeeds major work “This ad is for a mistake I made purchasing off the Offerup app sight unseen. Its a piece of work. Electrical hacks a plenty. Doesnt boot, blows fuses. This is a project to say the ...”
2 days ago Chicago, IL 500 (OBO)
Chitownpinball

I have had 2 or 3 of these now....make it cheap enough and I will bite!

#4369 38 days ago

Archived after 22 days
Sold elsewhere
Other - For Sale
“This is a fairly rare (at least I've never seen one) pitch and bat game. Older pitch and bat baseball games are getting tough to find anyway and have always been pretty desirable. ...”
2017-05-19
Madison, WI
600 (OBO)

#4370 38 days ago

Haunted house -2k

#4373 38 days ago
Quoted from GAP:

Flash Gordon $1500

Too bad you didn't mod it to be Flesh Gordon

#4374 38 days ago
Quoted from GAP:

Flash Gordon $1500

Dang I want a Flash Gordon too..

#4375 38 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

If he's asking for $1500, that means it was probably used as a homeless dude's toilet and now has a family of raccoons living in it.

#4376 38 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

If you want to make a deal on it, let me know. I can give it a ride for you as I am going to be in the Detroit area next weekend.

#4377 38 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If he's asking for $1500, that means it was probably used as a homeless dude's toilet and now has a family of raccoons living in it.

I have to ask......why?

#4378 38 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

totem
madison.craigslist.org link
$450 obo

That backglass is sweet,

#4379 37 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If you want to make a deal on it, let me know. I can give it a ride for you as I am going to be in the Detroit area next weekend.

Thanks Jack but I just bought a game recently or I'd probably take you up on that offer..

#4380 37 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I have to ask......why?

Retail pricing!

#4381 37 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I have to ask......why?

Why what?

#4382 36 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Why what?

The homeless toilet and raccoon nest comments? Problems?

#4383 36 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

The homeless toilet and raccoon nest comments? Problems?

You must not know much about GAP's pricing policies. Tends to be, how do you say it, on the ridiculously over priced side.

#4384 36 days ago

I don't think $1500 is terribly priced for a flash gordon if it's in decent shape. Doesn't come up for sale often, and when it does the playfield is usually trashed.

#4385 36 days ago

he is in the richer chicago market area. He's more like CA and NY pricing areas.

#4386 35 days ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Retail pricing!

Its called overhead and running a business
LOL

#4387 35 days ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Its called overhead and running a business
LOL

Lights and property tax don't pay for themselves.

#4388 35 days ago

Yes we are retail and yes we have retail pricing. We have never tried to disguise it or hide it and pretty much everyone here knows it. We have 40 machines on the floor and another 30 in the back warehouse. A lot of my clients are family's that want a machine, delivered with white glove service and want the warranty with it. The best part is that we are putting pinball machines in new homes with younger kids, hopefully they buy a pinball machine when they are old enough and keep pinball alive for decades to come.

We also ship all over the US and when we have a damaged machine we file the claim for the customer, which starts at taking pictures of the game as we pack it, box it and as it goes on the truck. This documentation process saves a lot of headache and is time consuming but pays out in the claim.

A lot of Chicago, Wisc, Iowa, Indiana and Michigan Pinsider friends have gotten a lot of good deals, rare games and super clean games from us and not at the retail prices. If they held onto it, they can now sell it for a nice profit too. We spend well over $40,000 on rent, equipment, website, maintenance, Etc, just to keep the business running. And lets not talk about Taxes. Well over the $20,000 mark.

As a distributor we pre book machine 25 LE's , and those that we don't sell we have to come up with the cash to buy the remaining allotment. Now multiply that by 2 pinball manufactures, 3 times a year. We deal with deposits, refunds and a lot of people backing out of deals. It's all part of the business.

I'll list a project here on this thread once in a while to pass along a good deal, that I'll may not get too. Which is why I listed the Flash Gordon. I try not to list the expensive stuff here on Chicago Trader/Seller. Not that many of you can't afford it. Some of you probably already have it at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks to those that support us, you know who you are! I'm not asking for sympathy, just wanted to give the Chicago/Sellers traders a peek under the tent on some of the things it takes to run a business and why some of my games might be higher than other games listed on pinside. Condition is also KEY factor. If we can do a deal that would be great, but if not I'll be open and honest and tell you I can't do it and will try to help you source it.

Thanks

GAP

#4389 35 days ago

Mike's a good dude

#4390 35 days ago
Quoted from GAP:

A lot of Chicago, Wisc, Iowa, Indiana and Michigan Pinsider friends have gotten a lot of good deals, rare games and super clean games from us and not at the retail prices. If they held onto it, they can now sell it for a nice profit too.

Purchased an AFM from GAP probably 8 years ago. There weren't too many available at the time and the price was reasonable for a clean game. Happily enjoying it since.

Eric

#4391 35 days ago

I have a friend who's looking to get this old Pachinko machine working again. Anybody know local techs who do this kind of thing? DM or reply with details. My understanding is the problem is no lights, no bells - otherwise working. I have not seen it in person.

Photos:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOdCETLmgwTcHbA_yzOiKckyaA_kwqpRPq5LHucTR1hI1TWs3y6kG787BLb4jMM4Q?key=c2RtSWpBSmlJQlNvSFRxZnZTbjVncFBzczY3bEhB

#4392 35 days ago

Whos everyones favorite distributor in chicago area for nib stern and jjp? Ive been happy with kurt at hemispheres but a friend asked me so I figured I shop around for an opinion.

#4393 35 days ago

Just so I'm clear:

Retailer charging exorbitant prices to cover overhead - Good
Private seller charging exorbitant prices to cover basic needs (food, rent, clothing, etc.) or to put towards another machine - Bad

Sound about right?

#4394 35 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just so I'm clear:
Retailer charging exorbitant prices to cover overhead - Good
Private seller charging exorbitant prices to cover basic needs (food, rent, clothing, etc.) or to put towards another machine - Bad
Sound about right?

I think it really depends on the situation. Pretty sure that if you're a private seller in the pinball hobby and you need to cover the basic needs, as you put it, then you need to straighten out your priorities. I'm also sure that a private seller typically doesn't offer a written warranty against operation or defects or whatever else GAP (or other distributors) provide. Buying and selling in the pinball world is no different than buying a car. (yes, a car analogy). You could buy from a dealership, and expect to pay a higher price, but to also have the perks associated with buying from a dealership. Or you can buy from a private seller, and have to deal with the mysteries of buying from said seller.

Bottom line, if you don't support what GAP (or any other distributor/reseller does) then you can speak your opinion by not buying from them. Plain and simple.

#4395 35 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whos everyones favorite distributor in chicago area for nib stern and jjp? Ive been happy with kurt at hemispheres but a friend asked me so I figured I shop around for an opinion.

While not in the "chicago area" i am close enough to help out, and with that, since i am out of state (located in wisconsin) i am not required to collect sales tax from anyone not located in my same state.

i am a JJP, Spooky and Stern dealer and get help with everything from sales to installation to warranty down the road.

I also have free shipping for the Veterans and will double the factory warranty on any new in box machine purchased.

let me know if i can help

Christopher
KingPin Games
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 Cell

#4396 35 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think it really depends on the situation. Pretty sure that if you're a private seller in the pinball hobby and you need to cover the basic needs, as you put it, then you need to straighten out your priorities. I'm also sure that a private seller typically doesn't offer a written warranty against operation or defects or whatever else GAP (or other distributors) provide. Buying and selling in the pinball world is no different than buying a car. (yes, a car analogy). You could buy from a dealership, and expect to pay a higher price, but to also have the perks associated with buying from a dealership. Or you can buy from a private seller, and have to deal with the mysteries of buying from said seller.
Bottom line, if you don't support what GAP (or any other distributor/reseller does) then you can speak your opinion by not buying from them. Plain and simple.

Yup, that's the way it works.

#4397 35 days ago

Tron LE;by Christmas money

#4398 35 days ago

If you put ads on pinside and your prices are stupid, don't expect to be immune from price police. No matter who you are. That being said, warranties are worth something, just depends on how much value you put on that type of thing.

#4399 35 days ago

FWIW I got a Met from Mike a couple years ago nib and got a great deal, I went in his showroom..you know where he had about 39 machines ready to test/play, he has grown since then as I see he now has 40 but I went to buy a used machine and in talking with Mike ended up getting the Met (nib) like I said at a good deal for me - maybe not for you. I also think the price police are in full effect elsewhere on pinside so no need to drag it into this thread.

#4400 34 days ago

Mike Gave me a great deal on a trade in for a beautiful white water even added some blades and new glass before I picked it up with no chance in price. He's a Stand up guy. Thanks Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
PinballBulbs
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 234.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 859.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
There are 4493 posts in topic. You are on page 88 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.