FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 243.
#3901 7 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

As cool as it is to play pins for free I also believe this is really going to cause them to break/get real dirty fast. I'd rather pay for games in good shape (like Logans) than play bad ones for free. I actually was just at Logan's an hour or so before stopping by Lakeview and the difference between the condition of the games was pretty big. Logans games were real popular when I was there so the free play bars might be losing out not charging anything.

I agree but they seem to be totally different models. Coins and constant coin jams can be a PITA also so they seem to focus on making money from booze and food sales with the idea that the free play games keep the frat boys there longer?

#3902 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I was asked to continue providing the games at the new location, however I turned them down.

As soon as I heard the games weren't in as nice of condition as they were previously, I assumed you must not be servicing them any more. Thanks for the information on what went down, and good luck with the new endeavor!

#3903 7 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

As cool as it is to play pins for free I also believe this is really going to cause them to break/get real dirty fast. I'd rather pay for games in good shape (like Logans) than play bad ones for free. I actually was just at Logan's an hour or so before stopping by Lakeview and the difference between the condition of the games was pretty big. Logans games were real popular when I was there so the free play bars might be losing out not charging anything.

If you ever make your way to River North and you find our games to be in bad shape then we have failed. Games can be free, working and clean it just takes a lot of work to make that happen.

Logan's does a great job and they have nice games in there as well. If I could follow the pay per play model I would but we have chosen a different route for a variety of reasons.

Quoted from Jamaster10:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Western Automatic supplying them now? They called me within the last 4-6 months looking for a large amount of vids and pins for a Chicago location!!!!!! Just FYI. If true that will explain game conditions!!

That's correct. They wanted me to sell them some equipment or keep mine there but WAMI doesn't seem to have the infrastructure to properly maintain and supply games that get the number of plays at a location like that.

Quoted from uptownsinclair:

Having all those machines at HQ Lakeview on free play was a luxury and I was saddened to see the change. (Replay has a location in Andersonville and the machines seem more like decoration than machines meant to be played and enjoyed.) I was even more impressed by the quality of the machines when you take into account how many drunk college kids were packed in that place on Friday and Saturday nights. Thanks for helping create an awesome place to spend the occasional weekend afternoon.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope that Replay can adjust and provide games in better condition. Although I have my issues with ownership of Replay, I wish them well. I think all Barcades are a good thing, the more that people are exposed to games the better.

#3904 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As soon as I heard the games weren't in as nice of condition as they were previously, I assumed you must not be servicing them any more. Thanks for the information on what went down, and good luck with the new endeavor!

Thanks buddy!

#3905 7 years ago

If you ever make your way to River North and you find our games to be in bad shape then we have failed. Games can be free, working and clean it just takes a lot of work to make that happen.
Logan's does a great job and they have nice games in there as well. If I could follow the pay per play model I would but we have chosen a different route for a variety of reasons.

That's correct. They wanted me to sell them some equipment or keep mine there but WAMI doesn't seem to have the infrastructure to properly maintain and supply games that get the number of plays at a location like that.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope that Replay can adjust and provide games in better condition. Although I have my issues with ownership of Replay, I wish them well. I think all Barcades are a good thing, the more that people are exposed to games the better.

I'll be sure to check out River North soon. I do remember when there were technicians working on the machines at Lakeview the first time I was there so I'm guessing it is still run that way at the other location.

#3906 7 years ago

I sold them a couple a games about 2 years back. We got to talking and they offered me a job on the spot. If you have ever been in their warehouse....no thanks!

#3908 7 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

What he said...
chicago.craigslist.org link

i was wondering when that post would show up here.

#3909 7 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

What he said...

Most people do not notice that the Ms. Pacman and other games made from one of those sellers listed only has a printed coin door on the front of the game but do not actually have a coin door.

#3910 7 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

What he said...

Holy crap that CL listing is hilarious!

#3911 7 years ago

I want to give you local guys a heads up. If anyone is working on a custom game and need a free cabinet I will be listing it tomorrow on my Facebook page. Its a cab that someone local attempted to replicate an Addams Family, they did a poor job. I would like to see it go to a good home of someone that may need it for a home brew game or proto cab for something else. Also if you don't mind sharing the page that would be great! Also I have a cheap project 007 listed already.

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestGamingArcade/

#3912 7 years ago

Wondering if anyone local would be able to help me put a value on some older arcade machines? A collector friend of mine passed away recently and his wife asked me to help her liquidate.

#3913 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Wondering if anyone local would be able to help me put a value on some older arcade machines? A collector friend of mine passed away recently and his wife asked me to help her liquidate.

Very sorry for your loss. When you say older arcade, like EM arcade or like Space Invaders?

#3914 7 years ago

I'll know more tomorrow but if I remember correctly it's all early solid state machines.

#3915 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

A collector friend of mine passed away recently and his wife asked me to help her liquidate.

I don't know arcade game values so I wouldn't be much help here, but wanted to say that it's very nice of you to help out. Thankfully, she asked you for assistance, as you'd hate for her to be taken advantage of by someone else.

Dave

#3916 7 years ago

Yes unfortunately he was a bit of a collector/hoarder and left his wife with more shit than money luckily some of the shit has value.

#3917 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

I'll know more tomorrow but if I remember correctly it's all early solid state machines.

If you want, you can pm me and ill give you my number, I can help you out some

Troy

#3918 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Sorry to hear that Steve.

#3919 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

I would be glad to help you. Troy (vidgameseller) would be a great reference too.

email me direct, no pms. I can send you my phone and we can talk direct too. Thanks.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

#3920 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Give me call if needed, i need to head north to see some inventory anyways.
Sent you amp with my cell or just call 219-924-PINS

Jesse T

#3921 7 years ago

Steve you're a good man to be helping out.

I'd suggest validating prices with two people on here you trust. I don't doubt one path recommended will be selling wholesale the whole lot to a few of these guys who deal in arcade games. May not be a bad path, just make sure you get the "fair" amount for the widow. Some titles (ie. Tron, Star Wars) will sell themselves as high in demand while others, wholesale may be better route just to get cash in hand for widow.

Wake up call for us pinball collectors. Might want to make a list of your games, value, and who you would ask to help family sell upon our passing. Depressing thought but reality of life.

#3922 7 years ago

I will attempt to shed as much light as I can given the nature of the situation and my relation to it. Headquarters was started in Lakeview with three original partners. Prior to this, two of those members owned other establishments at that location. Through out the years and prior to the start of HQ and during HQ at the Lakeview location, one member stole a large sum of money. Details are pretty nasty and likely able to be found in public record somewhere but I was advised to refrain from commenting. The person who now owns Replay at that location and the boy's town location, is the person who stole the money from the other two owners. The separation agreement provided us to keep the Headquarters brand and the person who owns replay wanted to keep the lease in place at that address. This worked to our advantage as we wanted to move to a location that provided us the ability to have a kitchen like our Rivernorth location. I was asked to continue providing the games at the new location, however I turned them down. The reason I turned them down is because the Replay owner who stole large sums of money from his partners also owes me a large sum of money for the service and game contract I provided them for years. In addition to him refusing to pay his outstanding bill as well as stealing money, I have become an owner of HQ and thus would not be interested in helping the very person who stole from me. I won't speak to the success of Replay, their operations or games, as I find that to be in bad taste, however I do not have a problem letting people know what the owner of Replay did who was previously involved with us. Thankfully this entire thing had a silver lining and allowed me to move from a supplier to ownership.

The good news is we are relocating. We have a few great locations to choose from and once we can nail one down we will share exactly where it will be.

Damn it. This is my largest fear about the location there. Some people know of my involvement with HQ and many do not, however those that do know I truly care about the games we provide. I don't claim to have the absolute best games, but I do try and provide a great line up and have techs work on them 7 days a week. The reality is that with free play and the number of customers we have per week, (about 3500-4500) our games get played a ton. Anyway, please let me know if you find any problems when you visit our Rivernorth location. Your more than welcome to PM me on this site.
I hope this sheds some light on the situation and if anyone has any questions, I'll answer what I can.

Thank you for the information. That's really disappointing to hear. I'd get off the train after work and stop by for a beer and a few games before walking home. The machines were always in good shape. Hopefully the new location is in the general vicinity. Loved having a place like that I could walk to. Looks like Replay doesn't have as many pinball machines as Headquarters had.

#3923 7 years ago

Any one know who is selling this WW? Seems like a decent deal that hasnt moved yet.

#3924 7 years ago

Just in

picked up a diner, really nice cabinet, playfield has mylar, inserts need to be reset. blowing main fuse. good candidate for a clear coat and restore $1800.

#3925 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one know who is selling this WW? Seems like a decent deal that hasnt moved yet.

I met the guy when I went to look at another game he was selling. I saw the WW and I dont think it is as nice as it looks in the pics. FYI, he has it listed on FB for 2500. I bet he would take a couple hundred less. Not sure if its worth that or not though. I am not up on WW pricing.

#3926 7 years ago

I talked to him. Seems like a decent person, but for the condition I thought it was a bit high. Had he been closer, I would have gone to take a look.

#3927 7 years ago

Over in KC, but for the right deal can work something out. Have a Capcom Airborne up for trade. It has a cliffy on the ramp, cliffy covers over the two inlane switches, flipper button mylar, and pincab protectors. Looking to trade for CSI, Big Buck Hunter, Godzilla, Punchy the Clown, Transporter The Rescue, Alvin G Soccer/Football/USA Football, Bally Atlantis or 24.

#3928 7 years ago

Feel free to contact me with any interest or questions about the NIB RZSI machine.

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) - “Spooky Pinball Rob Zombie's Spookshow International machine for sale new in box (NIB). This is machine #181 and includes all of the factory upgrades: Ghost Buster Premium LED Upg...”
2017-02-01
Plainfield, IL
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 1226 times

Thanks for looking.

Brad

#3929 7 years ago

Sorry, non pinball request. I am looking for a few arcade games, tron and punchout. If anyone is looking to sell, please let me know. Thanks!

#3930 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Sorry, non pinball request. I am looking for a few arcade games, tron and punchout. If anyone is looking to sell, please let me know. Thanks!

2 of the most desirables right now

#3931 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

If you are interested in a project Tron and don't mind traveling to Indianapolis, AcradeRescue911 on the southside will be listing one today between 12-4PM on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArcadeRescue911

#3932 7 years ago

Nascar $2100 firm. I shopped it 10 months ago and fixed many issues with the garage and STDM. Works perfectly. Has been on free play at my shop since April. Could used a good cleaning and rubbers again.

Pictures:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOlGnyuQ-_IfWbEc8gYdYt8IxDvsS10r4R47R3sWf14YEO2GGNoSv4lYiiSlVj8nA?key=LUNQdkdVQmYyOTlGNWxJS04taFBzcldsZWtzbHNR

#3933 7 years ago

Pistol Poker in nice shape HUO, asking $2500 no multiball issues, working 100% will trade fit the right game. Tnx for looking!! Rillo

#3934 7 years ago

GTL Cactus Jacks FS. $1100. Players condition with a rough cabinet.

#3935 7 years ago

We're doing some remodeling and I am going to need to find new homes for 3 machines, all in excellent overall shape:
<1000 original plays HUO LOTR LE with some light removable mods (Balrog topper, figurines on the playfield, speaker upgrade)
<250 plays Hobbit Smaug LE (just out of the box a few months back, invisiglass and Cliffies)
freshly high-end resto Williams MM with new Mirco DF playfield lots of new parts and all others cleaned, tasteful mods including shaker motor, lightning flasher light kit, lazer blue armor by Back Alley, new decals and paint of course, re-screened backbox text--very nice machine if you want a nice example of the original game freshly restored.

I was going to store them but am thinking I want to change up in the future anyway, so maybe better just sell them now if there's local interest in all 3 (together or separately). I am really not sure what to ask on the LOTR LE as I can't find any comps. MM is going to be a lot less than I put in regardless so I'm realistic on this too if anyone wants to make an offer. Thinking $7.5K on the Hobbit. but mostly wanted to see if anyone local is even looking for any of these first and maybe we can talk and/or you can stop by and play 'em. Thanks.

#3936 7 years ago

My neighbor is looking for a Revenge From Mars for his second pin. If anyone has a nice example in the Chicago or suburbs please PM me with your asking price and conditon and I'll put you in contact with him. He doesn't want a project so working is a must. Thanks!

#3937 7 years ago

there's a chance I'll be passing through on my way to Indy this weekend, and could bring along this Black Knight 2000 for anyone interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44541

would sell for $2500

#3938 7 years ago

Out of room over here, time to purge.

Pinbot - Some playfield wear, non cracked ramp. Full leds, comes with topper. Nice cab. $1650
Cyclone - Needs to be shopped but otherwise in nice condition overall. 2 right ramps repaired, left is perfect. Working 100% - $2100
Star Wars Ep 1 - Nice shape, needs to be shopped. $2150

#3939 7 years ago

Time to clear out the parts I will likely never use. Will also be posting several games for sale soon. Pictures may take a few days, especially with the backglasses that are currently hanging on the wall. Prefer not to ship at this time.

1. Games
Stargate - Unshopped, but cosmetically very nice game that plays. - $1900
Hollywood Heat - Players condition game that plays, cracked/faded translight, broken ramp - $600
Caribbean Cruise - Works and plays. Overall good condition cosmetically. Apron plastic previously signed by Trudeau - $950

2. Backglasses/Translights
Space Shuttle - beautiful original glass - $250
Black Knight - original glass that has been a wall hanger since day 1. some minor chipping on bottom that should be covered by lift
channel - $350
EBDLE - scratch in the black paint - $50
T2 - NOS that was was professionally framed - $100
SnS - NOS - $35
Embryon - purple background, some bubbling - $50
High Speed - some paint lifting/separation - $50
Comet - some paint lifting/separation - $50
Wizard - very nice original - $125
Speak Easy - NOS, very nice - $125

3. Playfield
Stern Star Trek - new, but a wall hanger - $100

#3940 7 years ago

Anyone interested in trading for a HUO POTC? Would be interested in a Walking Dead, Metallica, Spider Man, Theatre of Magic, WoZ, Iron Man, Etc. Cash could go either way. Let me know what you have.

#3941 7 years ago

WTB: GTB Kings and Queens backglass.
Anyone local have a Shay Repro or minty original Kings and Queens backglass for sale?
Thanks!
Mark

#3942 7 years ago

Have a HUO stock minty pirates, a gladiator and roller games that I would love to turn into a WoZ. Anyone interested?

#3943 7 years ago

I have a Flintstones with clear coated playfield, pin blades, dinosaur mod, brand new stainless steel trim, new coin door, Flintstones decal and playfield . It's gorgeous. Need room bad. 3500

#3944 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I have a Flintstones with clear coated playfield, pin blades, dinosaur mod, brand new stainless steel trim, new coin door, Flintstones decal and playfield . It's gorgeous. Need room bad. 3500

You are killing me Kev. Miss mine, but damn I don't need another pin...........lol

#3945 7 years ago

$400 fully working, freshly shopped Williams Triple Strike. Great playing and looking game. Only half of the backglass is there (not pictured). If you have a backglass, here is the game for it, ready to go. If you want one. John Greatwich said he can make one. Pictures available upon request. very nice playfield. No broken plastics. Cabinet is in pretty good condition.

#3946 7 years ago

Looking for a 4 player e.m.. Project ok, but good condition would be nice.

#3947 7 years ago

Looking for a Lord of the Rings in Chicagoland area. Traded for a Hobbit a few weeks ago and now I'm looking for its companion!

#3949 7 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Looking for a 4 player e.m.. Project ok, but good condition would be nice.

Spirit of 76 work for you? Just got a working one in

#3950 7 years ago

On a related note, Id like to find an EM with zipper flippers for less than a grand, if that is even possible.

There are 12,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/79?hl=netcivil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.