New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90537)

Chicago Trader/Seller Club

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,904 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by BBC
  • Topic is favorited by 343 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 8904 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 179.
#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Got a Johnny Mnemonic gem hidden away in there?

If this was for me, no. Sold my last jmn last year

#3802 3 years ago

Need to hire someone in the area to install an overlay on a playfield and clear coat it. Everything is ready to go (including the $$$)

#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

Need to hire someone in the area to install an overlay on a playfield and clear coat it. Everything is ready to go (including the $$$)

I would recommend contacting tatman9999

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I would recommend contacting @tatman9999

thanks, done!

#3805 3 years ago

I can do it. I've done lots of overlays for people.

#3806 3 years ago

and i'm probably close enough you can just run it up here and don't have to ship.

#3807 3 years ago

Thinking about trading+cash/selling my CPR playfield/plastics Firepower for a Stern Premium. Comes with drop mechs if you want to do that mod. I am estimating it at 2k with decent cab and BG. If anyone is interested, PM me.

#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I can do it. I've done lots of overlays for people.

PM'd, thanks!

#3809 3 years ago

Tatman is in Darien. Does good work.

#3810 3 years ago

Any interest in a No Good Gofers here? Kwaheltrut grabbed one right before I saw his posts looking for one. It needs a cleaning but the playfield is in nice shape. Some minor wear around the flippers on the cabinet. One of the pop bumpers needs to be rebuilt and I think a switch that locks the ball under the left ramp is being a little finicky (sometimes it'll kick it out to the pop bumpers instead of locking).

I'll put together a marketplace ad after the holidays but just curious if there is any interest locally.

#3811 3 years ago

Let me know how much you want for the NGG.
Thanks

#3812 3 years ago

Looking for a Christmas miracle on ice.
Any Super Chexx bubble hockey for sale in the Chicago / suburbs?
Thanks

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from Fender2000:

Looking for a Christmas miracle on ice.
Any Super Chexx bubble hockey for sale in the Chicago / suburbs?
Thanks

Check with Mike Nogle at Great American Pinball, I believe he has one. Call and leave him a voicemail, chances are he will return your call, even today.

http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/

#3814 3 years ago

Happy holidays Chicago thread viewers!!

#3816 3 years ago

Listed the slash signed gnr yesterday fellas.
Time to make some room.
JT

#3817 3 years ago

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I've been looking to get a pinball machine for my basement when it's finished( hopefully in 1 month). I have zero experience with this and hope that someone can point me in the right direction. Who are the reputable sellers in the Chicagoland area? I don't know enough to buy off of CL so I doubt I would go that route. I want a machine that looks good and something that kids and adults would be happy playing. What's a realistic budget that I should set? I'm not a collector, just a guy who is finishing his basement and that would like a fun, dependable pinball machine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#3818 3 years ago
Quoted from RJ23:

Who are the reputable sellers in the Chicagoland area? I don't know enough to buy off of CL so I doubt I would go that route. I want a machine that looks good and something that kids and adults would be happy playing

PM sent!

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from RJ23:

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Welcome to the Chicago for sale thread! You are going to get a number of people contacting you by private message telling you all the games they have for sale and how they can help you. As exciting as that is, take a step back - and stay in this main thread for help.

Our hobby, and specifically the local Chicago and WI collectible market collectors, are some absolutely wonderful people. But in any hobby, there are a few that smell $$$ and will overprice a game to you.

My starting advice: 1. Determine you budget. Pinball machines range from $1K-$10k. The newer the games typically the more expensive. Typically. Brand new in box games range from $4500-$7000. Home used games range all over based on modifications people have made to them, collectibility, etc. Go to the top navigation>Market and search for games for sale. As you see various titles, you'll notice pricing differs as well. So many reasons why. But, browse the market area to help you understand general pricing for your budget and the title that may interest you. 2. What movie, band or category do you and your family like? Everything from Indiana Jones, Wizard of Oz, Ac/Dc and Avengers exist in pinball form. 3. You will not end up owning just one. Once you get one, they are like rabbits - they multiply. You'll want more. Make sure you have room. 4. Pinball machines break (like a car). Consider if you will be trying to fix yourself, or would like the community to recommend some local repair techs. Repairs are typically $70-$100 per hour charge - many repair in first hour.

There are a few public places locally that have pinball at their establishments. I encourage you to go visit and play them. This will help narrow down your search, likes/dislikes.

#3820 3 years ago

BTW...he's one of the good guys - as honest as they come.

#3821 3 years ago
Quoted from RJ23:

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I've been looking to get a pinball machine for my basement when it's finished( hopefully in 1 month). I have zero experience with this and hope that someone can point me in the right direction. Who are the reputable sellers in the Chicagoland area? I don't know enough to buy off of CL so I doubt I would go that route. I want a machine that looks good and something that kids and adults would be happy playing. What's a realistic budget that I should set? I'm not a collector, just a guy who is finishing his basement and that would like a fun, dependable pinball machine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Pinside! I don't know what kind of budget you have, but I have a beautiful Simpsons Pinball Party that your family will absolutely love. If this is a theme that you might be interested in, shoot me a PM.

#3822 3 years ago

Wish I had badbilly27's advice when I was starting. I would only add that you will absolutely need to plan on making some repairs yourself (unless you're made of money). Stuff breaks a lot, but even it it doesnt and you're playing a lot you'll probably want to improve the machine and do routine maintenance.

Definitely go play some games and find one you like. Have fun!

#3823 3 years ago

Looking for a players or better WCS

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Welcome to the Chicago for sale thread! You are going to get a number of people contacting you by private message telling you all the games they have for sale and how they can help you. As exciting as that is, take a step back - and stay in this main thread for help.
Our hobby, and specifically the local Chicago and WI collectible market collectors, are some absolutely wonderful people. But in any hobby, there are a few that smell $$$ and will overprice a game to you.
My starting advice: 1. Determine you budget. Pinball machines range from $1K-$10k. The newer the games typically the more expensive. Typically. Brand new in box games range from $4500-$7000. Home used games range all over based on modifications people have made to them, collectibility, etc. Go to the top navigation>Market and search for games for sale. As you see various titles, you'll notice pricing differs as well. So many reasons why. But, browse the market area to help you understand general pricing for your budget and the title that may interest you. 2. What movie, band or category do you and your family like? Everything from Indiana Jones, Wizard of Oz, Ac/Dc and Avengers exist in pinball form. 3. You will not end up owning just one. Once you get one, they are like rabbits - they multiply. You'll want more. Make sure you have room. 4. Pinball machines break (like a car). Consider if you will be trying to fix yourself, or would like the community to recommend some local repair techs. Repairs are typically $70-$100 per hour charge - many repair in first hour.
There are a few public places locally that have pinball at their establishments. I encourage you to go visit and play them. This will help narrow down your search, likes/dislikes.

Come on now. $1000 - 10K? There are plenty of $300-1000 games out there as well. Shit, the last 5 games I bought in the last 4 months cost less than $500. Doesn't have to be expensive if you have an open mind and willing to work on your own shit. First game I ever bought, i went and printed every tech guide and help I could, bought videos on learning how my game works and how to fix things. And my game worked perfect. but if something did happen, i wanted to know the steps on fixing it.

#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Come on now. $1000 - 10K? There are plenty of $300-1000 games out there as well. Shit, the last 5 games I bought in the last 4 months cost less than $500. Doesn't have to be expensive if you have an open mind and willing to work on your own shit. First game I ever bought, i went and printed every tech guide and help I could, bought videos on learning how my game works and how to fix things. And my game worked perfect. but if something did happen, i wanted to know the steps on fixing it.

No debate you can find older games that require work for below $1K. But someone new to the hobby, who just remodeled his basement, and is looking for a family game - a project pin doesn't fit the profile of the ask. If he came on here stating a strong interest to learn how to restore an older game because he'd love to know how they work and on a low budget, I'd guess I'd agree with your approach. You're also a different cat. With respect, you have a very strong interest in knowing how everything works to the point you took that talent and do it for a living now in pinball art restoration and can repair pins if you wanted too. Not everyone is a Neo. (and the thread all says in unison "Thank God")

As point of reference, in ~15 years in the hobby I've never bought a game for less than $500 and restored from scratch. That's what makes the hobby great - all of us are different and enjoy different things from the hobby. One day I will, but unfortunately not now.

#3826 3 years ago

I'm just saying, the way you were talking, you assume everyone wants DMD. That's not always the case. Many new people in the hobby, are just as excited to have any pinball machine. Early SS and EM's. Doesn't have to be high dollar DMD to be fun. I just sold a fully working Alien Poker for $700. So it doesnt' have to be a project either.

#3827 3 years ago

Nobody wants your shit Neo. Now go play some Fish Tales.

Also TSPP blows.

#3830 3 years ago

I will say this.. my first pin was a bally gator with a broken backglass (that sort of worked) for $150.. that was 5 years ago. Biggest reason I bought it was because I knew I was going to have to learn how to make my own repairs, and in my mind completely messing up a $150 pin was better than messing up a $500 pin.

Like Billy said, sounds like this guy wants a working machine off the bat (even though every pinball breaks). Budget will dictate what he gets.

#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Nobody wants your shit Neo. Now go play some Fish Tales.
Also TSPP blows.

Merry Xmas?

#3832 3 years ago

I'm looking for an Indianapolis 500 locally (do not wish to ship) with a nice playfield. I can take care of the rest! Please PM me if you have one for sale as I'm ready to purchase. Thanks!

#3834 3 years ago

Looking for a Game Of Thrones Pro and/or Slugfest.

#3835 3 years ago

Looking for a SS, WH20 or a EATPM route quality nothing thats collector quality.

#3836 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Looking for a Game Of Thrones Pro and/or Slugfest.

the pitch and bat Slufest or the woodrail Slugfest?

#3837 3 years ago

I have a MMRLE for sale.

#3838 3 years ago

I've got an NBA Fastbreak for sale/trade

#3839 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the pitch and bat Slufest or the woodrail Slugfest?

Pitch and bat.

#3840 3 years ago

I've got a Revenge from Mars with SWE1 conversion kit including NIB Nucore system (last one sold by Pinball Life) for sale/trade.

#3841 3 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Let me know how much you want for the NGG.
Thanks

I was thinking $2800. I took a bunch of pics the other day and will put them up in a marketplace ad when I get a minute.

#3842 3 years ago

Anyone have a GB LE/Premium for sale? It must have absolutely no ghosting on the playfield or I'm not interested.

#3843 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Anyone have a GB LE/Premium for sale? It must have absolutely no ghosting on the playfield or I'm not interested.

Is that even Possible???!!!!! LOL

#3844 3 years ago

I'd take one with ghosting for the price of a pro.

#3845 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

yup, mine doesn't have a spec of ghosting.

#3846 3 years ago

Don't forget you have to play it a certain random amount, to produce the ghosting effect. It's all by design.

#3847 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

ZERO ghosting for me as well. I'd be interested in another (LE or Premium) with ghosting (major or minor ghosting) if someone is looking to unload.

#3849 3 years ago

Looking for a GB Premium, no ghosting or no not interested.
Will consider NIB for the right price.

#3850 3 years ago

throw enough money around and you can have mine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 89.99
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Guns N' Roses (SE) Out of stock
The Pinball Place
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Special When Lit
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
There are 8904 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 179.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside