FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 243.
#3201 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Selling a few games if anyone is interested.
Original Kiss $3,500
Harley Davidson Bally 3k
Cigarette Vending Machine $1,950
Pm for details I can send you plenty of pictures.

Just a reminder. The new rules dictate that you must create a market place ad for any game over $3k. Once the ad is made, you can embed a direct link to it in a post on this or any other regional for sale thread. Thanks!

#3202 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I really would prefer an annual "members fee" for pinside so Robin can generate the revenue to support the business model he is after rather than disrupt community activities. I would think most of pinside would pay $25 for an annual membership to the site (think Angies list in a way).

I think many would pay that (pretty sure I would). I mean that's $2/month. It would also keep out riff-raff, people creating dup accounts (even kaneda would run out of money). however, if you're new to the hobby, you may not be willing to and it could end up shrinking the hobby.

#3203 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think many would pay that (pretty sure I would). I mean that's $2/month. It would also keep out riff-raff, people creating dup accounts (even kaneda would run out of money). however, if you're new to the hobby, you may not be willing to and it could end up shrinking the hobby.

Six months free trial for new members

#3204 7 years ago

I think you should be able to post pics in a regional thread if you're a plus member.

#3205 7 years ago

Link to Craigslist. Done deal.

#3206 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Link to Craigslist. Done deal.

A lot of people, myself included, would rather not deal with craigslist

#3207 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So there are 34,675 pinsiders (per the first page of the Forum tab) x $25.00 per year = $866K. Even if you got a 40% drop out rate, that would still be $346K. Problem solved Robin, you're welcome.

Those who would not pay after reasonable trial period, I would consider riff-raff and good riddance. Any club needs a membership of people willing to commit to some ground rules and be part of making it a community. In a day in age where people are buying apps for $4.99-$9.99, and iTunes movies for $10-$20, and single songs for $2.99 - can afford $25 annual membership to a pinside club. Crap, we pay more for FFL league sites.

BTW...that annual members fee I'm confident will make Robin more money than listing fees for WTB ads.

#3208 7 years ago

Yeah I agree, there has to be a better way than not allowing pics on the regional threads. These threads are among the favorites of pinsiders and your essentially making them pretty pointless.

#3209 7 years ago

I'm not sure why people think it's such a big deal to pay such a small fee for selling a game. How is it better to charge everyone instead of just the people making money from a sale?

Just my $.02

#3210 7 years ago

I guess im riff raff. I donate $5 a year to pinside and I think thats enough. Everything theyve added or changed is unnecessary. Just leave it alone, it works fine. I would not pay $25/yr, id rather find another site at that point. I spend enough on pinball, I dont need to spend more. Yall with unlimited pin budgets are the elite of this hobby, some of us are just scraping by to stay in it.

#3211 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm not sure why people think it's such a big deal to pay such a small fee for selling a game. How is it better to charge everyone instead of just the people making money from a sale?

It's not just collecting a fee for selling a game, it's changing the interaction between the community on these threads. Pinball mods, wtb, games for sale it's cool to show pics within the thread and just let natural conversation progress. Forcing things into a marketplace ad, policing posting pics on a mod or game for sale then taking a cut of a trade, sale, or mod will result in increasing the cost of the games/mods. Look at ebay.

For the eBay example, I can share MrPinballl, craigslist, wisconsin board and many Facebook groups unfortunately being built where no fees are collected for the sale of games/mods. So in a market where free listings dominate our hobby, in a hobby where game prices keep going up by manufacturers, now a charge on selling a game in a community environment that's come to be a safe haven is a slightly bitter pill to swallow.

Respect your opinion, because pinside is great. Just sharing my .02.

#3212 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just my $.02

I bring fewer sales here ever since this became a business and I see others bringing fewer games here also (more showing up in other places). I think for me personally, any obstacle to building community is a bad thing. In this case I see this directly as an obstacle to community.

I understand the desire to make pinside more profitable since it is now a business (opinion on making it a business is another thing...) but this was a bad business decision in my perspective.

I can say that I would be fine with a nominal annual membership ($10 at most) but then doing away with all the other fees.

Pinside is really not a community anymore, at least not like it used to be. (Anyone remember when we bought Robin a game; I think we did at one point around when I joined and I donated to that because it was a fun thing to do as a community; those people should all get a free lifetime membership )

#3213 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I guess im riff raff. I donate $5 a year to pinside and I think thats enough. Everything theyve added or changed is unnecessary. Just leave it alone, it works fine. I would not pay $25/yr, id rather find another site at that point. I spend enough on pinball, I dont need to spend more. Yall with unlimited pin budgets are the elite of this hobby, some of us are just scraping by to stay in it.

Respectfully, how does $25 per year ($20 more than you pay now) factor into people with unlimited pinball budgets and those of us budgeting? It's $25 - one family outing to McDonald's? Per my previous post, Buy three apps on your phone and you spent a membership fee. It would be crazy if a membership fee was charged instead of pinball for sale takes and you left - because sir you are no riff raff (meant as a compliment).

If any fee must be charged to support Robin and the site it makes more sense to charge a membership. Then, he can stop messing with a good thing. I agree many of the changes are unnecessary. My fear is this is his new full time job and he's adding changes so he can incrementally start charging for additional things down the line. I hope he doesn't ruin a good thing. That's why I'm cool with him making money on memberships (for reasons mentioned before) and once you walk into the club, let the members interact how they want (within etiquette rules). The membership fees will cover his costs for running the site and money to live off of.

In the end, we're all guests in his awesome house. Dealers choice at this point. Having confidence in Robin it will all work out.

#3214 7 years ago

I get ya. Im more of a "play the free games for free and let the rest pay for the extra crap" (in terms of apps) kind of guy. $20 more is just another bill I dont need to pay. Im already thinking about downsizing my collection with the baby, damn those things are expensive. Im fighting it as much as I can, but Im beggining to think its inevitable.

#3215 7 years ago

Does anyone have an idea as to what the annual operating expenses could possibly be to run this forum? I assume it's more of a time commitment than anything else. If an annual membership was only $5 and 15,000 out of the 35,000 members stuck around and paid that fee that's still $75,000. That's a decent annual salary (without knowing the operating expense) for running a community forum from the comfort of your own home. That said I don't think this should be a "paid members only" club (even though I would pay to be a member, lol).

#3216 7 years ago

Great! Now we are paying to voice opinions???

#3217 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Great! Now we are paying to voice opinions???

.02 per opinion. Hilton would be broke!!

#3218 7 years ago

I don't mind giving pinside a small fee for using there site to sell a game.

What I do mind is when you list something for sale and it turns into a complete troll fest. It's BS!

#3219 7 years ago

My thought would be a tiered system of members.

You get to choose:

1st Tier FREE, no annual membership fee, browse, post, pictures, have a ball.

2nd Tier, $X annual fee to be able to list ads and buy/sell as a collector/hobbiest. You want to sell, you have to upgrade your membership.

3rd Tier $XY annual fee as a retailer member. This is for the heavy hitters, Mod guys, enough said.

#3220 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

.02 per opinion. Hilton would be broke!!

lol

400bucks over the 4 years I have been here at .02 per post.

Then again, some people think I am entertaining so I should get a discount.

#3221 7 years ago

lets see how this embed thing works

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) - “Not that it matters, but I need a new (used) car. Priced for no hassle sale. SOLD for 8000. Willing to ship if buyer arranges. Game is one of the last 20 built in the production r...”
2016-08-06
Madison, WI
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 3386 times

#3222 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

1st Tier FREE, no annual membership fee, browse, post, pictures, have a ball.

I would add to that, certain forum topics aren't accessible by free members.. Gotta give more of an incentive to pay than just being able to sell pinballs.

#3223 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lets see how this embed thing works
machinefor salePlaced 2016-08-06 12:15 (today)For sale: NIB America's Most Haunted $8200“Not that it matters, but I need a new (used) car.

Priced for no hassle sale.
Willing to ship if buyer arranges.
Game is one of th...” $ 8,200 Whysnow Madison, WI New in box (NIB)

I see you already have a bunch of trolls in your thread.
Good luck with the sale.

#3224 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for anyone that is looking for an alternative forum in the IL/WI area for listing and selling pins locally first then I suggest checking out
http://wisconsinpinball.com/
Tim/RalphWiggum set this up and it is agreat little spot. I will admit I am hesitant to advertise it because it is a nice little place right now
Tim has a great site that is 100% free, allows unlimited bandwidth for pictures, and does not squish the pics. He has never asked for anything at all and is a solid guy with lots of great advice. I have mead and sold some pins on there, so it is another resource available for N IL crew when looking to sell.

Thanks for the link
Bookmarked

#3225 7 years ago

If I sold a pin via pinside I would have no problem paying the fee whether its on the chicago thread or marketplace.

However I would rather try the Chicago thread first for the reasons listed in badbilly27 first thread on this subject. The marketplace would be 2nd choice.

In summary I don't like the new rules. Life goes on.

#3226 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Let's see how this embed thing works ...

If Hilton can figure it out, anybody can ....

#3227 7 years ago

Have local organic hot peppers to trade. +/- cash.

#3228 7 years ago

Seems to be a theme for me ...

But is anyone interested in picking up some cocktail pins (4 total) from Crystal Lake (all in the garage - no stairs) to my parent's garage in South Barrington? The deal is done but unfortunately, I can't do it myself as I just moved away to Ohio. Seller is available pretty much anytime this week. Please let me know!

#3229 7 years ago

Good to see there's been a lot of trading and selling going on in this thread lately.

#3230 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Good to see there's been a lot of trading and selling going on in this thread lately.

I'll trade you my Farfalla for your Jurassic Park + cash ....

#3231 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'll trade you my Farfalla for your Jurassic Park + cash ....

Ha! No thanks. But that Safecracker looks really tempting. Pretty sure I have an extra kidney sitting around here that I could sell...

#3232 7 years ago

Considering trading my Twilight Zone (very nice example with LEDs, Dazzler Gumball LED mod with gumballs, diverter magnet, Flipper Fidelity Speakers, and Pinsound Board upgrade (my favorite mod on this machine that has 4 musical different scores). Looking for a newer pin (Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, Metallica, etc). Curious if anyone is looking for a trade locally? If so PM me and I'll be happy to send pics. No Playfield wear and cabinet in great shape as well.

#3233 7 years ago

I find when someone posts a dozen photos in this thread for it to be quite annoying. One or two photos to tease a machine is fine. Only a couple of people reading the thread really need to see a dozen photos, so having that in a marketplace ad makes sense to me.

#3234 7 years ago

Going to be sorting through my playfields I have here and will be selling a few I know I will not use or my games don't deserve them :0) Here is what I know I have:

GNR- NOS, never installed..(not going to be cheap since when have you seen one last?)
Addams Family- Used playfield, has typical issues
Jurassic Park- NOS, never installed
Last Action Hero- NOS, never installed..

Have to see what else I have, but feel free to shoot me offers, etc... while I figure it all out!!

#3235 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Now, who has a HOU Met Pro or Premium they want to make Badbilly turn into sweet William? Don't make me buy new. Don't do it.

Don't make me do it. Reminds me sort of this commercial, do you remember this?

#3236 7 years ago

Toying with the idea of trading out my X-Men:Wolverine. Ideal trade would be a Metallica premium or GoT pro, but might be open to others. PM for details if interested. Just a trade feeler for now. If I get serious about selling, I will post an ad.

#3237 7 years ago

all these added things, just seems like trying to price gouge and dictate the direction people need to go. All it will do is piss off a lot of people. Shit like this keeps happening and i'll stop my auto contributions.

#3238 7 years ago

This site has slowly turned into a bureaucracy that's highly over moderated with a bunch of unnecessary features added to it, 99% of which I could care less about. The reason I migrated from RGP was because that's where the action went and because you could actually post some pics. The layers of rules is making this place less and less appealing. Makes me wonder when the next iteration will come.

#3239 7 years ago

yup, and then someone will make a new forum page that will be basic like pinside used to be, and this will be dead like RGP now is. Fawk things up, and your people will migrate somewhere else.

#3240 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, and then someone will make a new forum page that will be basic like pinside used to be, and this will be dead like RGP now is. Fawk things up, and your people will migrate somewhere else.

There is truth to that.....history proves as such

#3241 7 years ago

I liked this site's progression from RGP. Very nice format and being able to post pics. But the constant money grab is wearing thin. Won't be long we will be charged a nickel just to make a post. Would love to see someone take a shot and start up a new site.

#3242 7 years ago

I listed 4 games in the market place today
Let me know if anyone is interested

#3243 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Would love to see someone take a shot and start up a new site.

Go for it. You realize it's not free to do?

#3244 7 years ago

"Couldn't" care less.

If you COULD, you WOULD.

Ugh. Sorry. Pet peeve of mine.

#3245 7 years ago

I'll take THIS site any time. I love it here. If others aren't happy here they are free to leave anytime.

#3246 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Would love to see someone take a shot and start up a new site.

I don't know how you can run a site LIKE pinside for free?
Can someone upload a forum based on vbulletin to a cheap server? sure, but you're going to be stuck with the default plugins, and if you start getting a lot of traffic (pinside has 34,000 uers), your server is going to be getting hammered and load times will suck (even with a dedicated server, it's all about bandwidth). Dedicated servers aren't cheap, nor is bandwidth to that magnitude. There's "for the love of pinball", and then there's going broke trying to do so.

#3247 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll take THIS site any time. I love it here. If others aren't happy here they are free to leave anytime.

I couldn't agree more, too many people getting upset about something as fun as pinball. Is this site perfect? No, but instead of all the complaining, everybody should put forth suggestions on how to make it better, and if the powers that be would listen it would go a long way towards being an even better site!

#3248 7 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

I liked this site's progression from RGP. Very nice format and being able to post pics. But the constant money grab is wearing thin. Won't be long we will be charged a nickel just to make a post. Would love to see someone take a shot and start up a new site.

Are you referring to the voluntary heart donation? Or the ~0.5% sales fee when successfully selling a game via our Marketplace? I'm confused what exactly you consider a "money grab" here.

Hey, I'm open to suggestions and looking forward to your thread with ideas on how this site can run without any budget.

#3249 7 years ago

Any one got any hook ups in San Diego area? Got a noob buddy looking for his first pin. Would love to be able to flip at his crib when Im there. Let me know please.

#3250 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

all these added things, just seems like trying to price gouge and dictate the direction people need to go. All it will do is piss off a lot of people. Shit like this keeps happening and i'll stop my auto contributions.

I understand your point, and it always seems like there is another hand out there waiting to grab that dollar. But for me, if I look at it purely from an economical standpoint, the money I have saved by learning a "do-it-yourself" trick here and there, or the extra few bucks I might have realized from a sale, more than offset a few bucks to keep the site going. I would be all in for a yearly subscription if that is what it would take. I don't think this is being used as a money-making proposition...there are a lot of costs on the backside, such as hardware, bandwidth, licenses, etc.

There are 12,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.