New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90537)

Chicago Trader/Seller Club

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,908 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 343 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 8908 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 179.
#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from jho159:

Just in case anyone was wondering, the Black Spiderman in Peoria for 2K is a scam.

I wish you would have told me this before I sent the guy an envelope of cash and my Social Security number ...

#3002 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that sounds like Peoria in general...

Craigslist scams are not specific to Peoria..... It is unfortunate that some jack wagons in the area continue to pull this crap. Please don't lump us all in with a few bad apples.

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Craigslist scams are not specific to Peoria..... It is unfortunate that some jack wagons in the area continue to pull this crap. Please don't lump us all in with a few bad apples.

Agreed. Phoenix AZ Craigslist gets it once a year or so. Now we are constantly getting supersaturated with auto adds that lead you to a bid site. We keep flaggin, but they keep postin.... Same as it ever was.....

#3004 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Same as it ever was.....

same_as_it_ever_was_(resized).jpg

#3005 4 years ago

Look at his Coat. WAAAAYYYY bigger than it should be. I read he wore a super large coat on stage to be "Larger than Life", or something like that.

Check out my friends wedding video to Talking Heads...

Some folks from Naperville in it. Now the Talking Heads pinball would be good for me...

#3006 4 years ago

Shopping out a beautiful Gottlieb Lucky Hand with a reproduction(Webb) backglass. Will be up for sale soon.

20160617_173745_(resized).jpg

20160617_173810_(resized).jpg

#3007 4 years ago

That is one sweet playfield. Someone will get a nice game

#3008 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Shopping out a beautiful Gottlieb Lucky Hand with a reproduction(Webb) backglass. Will be up for sale soon.

I haven't owned any em's but that is a nice looking game!

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Look at his Coat. WAAAAYYYY bigger than it should be. I read he wore a super large coat on stage to be "Larger than Life", or something like that.
Check out my friends wedding video to Talking Heads...
» YouTube video
Some folks from Naperville in it. Now the Talking Heads pinball would be good for me...

edit: Was trying to find the sketch of Brad Hall in Friday's doing an impression of David Byrne in his oversized suit. I cant find it!

#3010 4 years ago

nice silverball mania shopped, flippers rebuilt...for sale on Southbend craigslist

#3012 4 years ago

lucky hand looks awesome. Wish it wasn't a 1 player.

#3013 4 years ago

Thread just hit the 3k mark.

#3014 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

lucky hand looks awesome. Wish it wasn't a 1 player.

That's what makes it good.

#3015 4 years ago

Another for that beautiful lucky hand. GLWS

#3016 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

wow that is one nice Lucky hand.

Trade you for a Ghost Busters!

#3018 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's more fun to compete

Especially with a buck or two at stake per game.

#3019 4 years ago

makes me want to play a dollar game right now.

#3020 4 years ago

Got a bit more done yesterday......

Possibly sold as well......

20160618_122159_(resized).jpg

20160618_122231_(resized).jpg

20160618_122402_(resized).jpg

#3021 4 years ago

WTB

Cash in hand for a very nice backglass for Williams Star Light. Probably a long shot though :/

#3022 4 years ago

So which one of you wiseguys dumped a couple of Black Hole & Mars:God of War heads behind the YMCA in Northbrook?

My sister-in-law texts me that there were a "couple of pinball machines by the dumpsters"!
As I'm driving down, she explained they were only the heads... figured better than nothing and maybe the YMCA manager has the rest inside.

Nope... gutted heads only, with bad glass. No boards, no displays, water damaged ,etc.
Oh well... grabbed them anyway and will strip the hardware at least. (locks intact w/keys...score! LOL)

BHGOW_(resized).jpg

#3023 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

WTB
Cash in hand for a very nice backglass for Williams Star Light. Probably a long shot though :/

Mayfair had one at their booth at Allentown

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Mayfair had one at their booth at Allentown

Thank you! I will call them tomorrow.

#3025 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

So which one of you wiseguys dumped a couple of Black Hole & Mars:God of War heads behind the YMCA in Northbrook?

Not me, but the YMCA is two minutes from my house.

#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

My sister-in-law texts me that there were a "couple of pinball machines by the dumpsters"!
As I'm driving down, she explained they were only the heads... figured better than nothing and maybe the YMCA manager has the rest inside.
Nope... gutted heads only, with bad glass. No boards, no displays, water damaged ,etc.
Oh well... grabbed them anyway and will strip the hardware at least. (locks intact w/keys...score! LOL)

yes, but you got the smoke layer glass. That's a win right there. People need those.

#3027 4 years ago

Just back from vacation and still no one locally has a HOU Metallica Pro or Premium available for sale. I may have to look for a HOU fire sale Hobbit soon.

#3028 4 years ago

I'm looking for an Iron Man anywhere in the Chicagoland area. I would also go as far south as St. Louis. Anyone have one that is tired of getting their ass kicked by it? I want to feel the pain!!

Other titles I would consider are AC/DC pro, SM, Kiss, PoTC

#3029 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Just back from vacation and still no one locally has a HOU Metallica Pro or Premium available for sale. I may have to look for a HOU fire sale Hobbit soon.

Lotta Hobbits for sale. I think soon they will all be $7500 again.

#3030 4 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

I'm looking for an Iron Man anywhere in the Chicagoland area. I would also go as far south as St. Louis. Anyone have one that is tired of getting their ass kicked by it? I want to feel the pain!!
Other titles I would consider are AC/DC pro, SM, Kiss, PoTC

Shoot a message to KMS_pinball, he was talking about it selling one of his iron-man's.

#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The one down near st louis wasn't up to snuff?

#3032 4 years ago

Looking to trade the JD! Wishlist up-to-date. Please PM if interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36019

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

The one down near st louis wasn't up to snuff?

St Louis = too far.

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

St Louis = too far.

Wow Snow man. Picky Picky- You want it cheap and close!!!!!!

JT

#3035 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Wow Snow man. Picky Picky- You want it cheap and close!!!!!!

JT

I believe in the Chicago collector market. Its worked fine in over 12 years of collecting.

Truth be told, the back just can't take long drives any more.

#3036 4 years ago

I'm with badbilly. I've never driven more than two hours one way for a pin, and I never plan to.

#3037 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm with badbilly. I've never driven more than two hours one way for a pin, and I never plan to.

Glad to hear, leaves some good deals for the rest of us.

#3038 4 years ago

Thought I would throw this out there, but I will be making a run from Western Burbs down to Chillacothe Ohio (South of Columbus) early early in the morning to pick up a pin. Will be driving an open-bed pickup, and the weather is supposed to hold through the day. I will have some room if anyone needs something delivered or picked up....however, you would need to bring/pickup your item out by St Charles.....I don't deliver.......lol

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm with badbilly. I've never driven more than two hours one way for a pin, and I never plan to

4 hours is about my limit. Once drove to indianapolis and it was not fun. Figure average speed 60mph, 50 cents/mile, that's $260 round trip. Anything beyond that point is approaching shipping rate. Only reason to not do that is if the seller is unwilling to ship and you really want it that badly.

#3040 4 years ago

I had a guy out in California that wanted to buy my TOTAN. He was willing to drive all the way out here to get it. I talked him out of it. This was when gas prices were near their highs. It seemed crazy to me that he was willing to spend all that time and money just to grab a TOTAN. If it was a BBB or some other rare game, that would have been a different story. In that case, I could understand wanting to pick it up yourself instead of having it shipped.

#3041 4 years ago

I might need a Lethal Weapon 3 for a project that I've been contemplating.

Since it's going undergo significant changes, condition is far less important than price.

It can be just off route with tons of playfield wear, a faded cabinet, Janky DMD, and a missing translite. Beat and cheap will win the day.

If anyone has a line on such a beast, please let me know.

#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

4 hours is about my limit. Once drove to indianapolis and it was not fun. Figure average speed 60mph, 50 cents/mile, that's $260 round trip. Anything beyond that point is approaching shipping rate. Only reason to not do that is if the seller is unwilling to ship and you really want it that badly.

50 cents a mile? You driving a commercial Mack Truck?

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

50 cents a mile? You driving a commercial Mack Truck?

that's typical reimbursement from work (I"m including gas and wear and tear on a vehicle)

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had a guy out in California that wanted to buy my TOTAN. He was willing to drive all the way out here to get it. I talked him out of it. This was when gas prices were near their highs. It seemed crazy to me that he was willing to spend all that time and money just to grab a TOTAN. If it was a BBB or some other rare game, that would have been a different story. In that case, I could understand wanting to pick it up yourself instead of having it shipped.

Just had a guy drive from California to buy my player condition Black Knight in Schaumburg, he was buying some other titles along the way, and filling his pickup. Farthest I've driven is an hour to Kenosha, Chicagoland pin market is great.
BTW-
My Supersonic is sold (buyer drove 4 hours from Indiana)
Frankenstein is still available, been a Craigslist rollercoaster.

20160624_131518_(resized).jpg

#3045 4 years ago

But, But, But......I will only ship NIB or similar examples. Used games are just too much of a chance to have shipped in sight unseen unless you know the seller well. Been burned once (other coin-op)...won't happen a second time.

#3046 4 years ago

I have a nice Scared Stiff plus cash I'm looking to trade for a Wizard of Oz or Hobbit if anyone close to St Charles, IL is interested. Beautiful playfield and cabinet (no fade), LEDs, NOS Boney Beast ramp just installed, candle mod, skull pile mod, pinblades from Tilt Graphics, Flipper Fidelity audio upgrade (speakers and woofer), new playfield glass and new Red legs from Pinball Life, and remote controlled LED lighting within the boney beast ramp (very cool idea from Pinsider Visi0n) really takes the playfield to another level.

20160617_220018_(resized).jpg
20160617_220113_(resized).jpg
20160617_220236_(resized).jpg
20160617_220015_001_(resized).jpg

20160617_220028_(resized).jpg

20160617_220052_(resized).jpg

#3047 4 years ago

You're making me want SS again. I do miss her. Beautiful example

#3048 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Thought I would throw this out there, but I will be making a run from Western Burbs down to Chillacothe Ohio (South of Columbus) early early in the morning to pick up a pin. Will be driving an open-bed pickup, and the weather is supposed to hold through the day. I will have some room if anyone needs something delivered or picked up....however, you would need to bring/pickup your item out by St Charles.....I don't deliver.......lol

Posts like this make me smile. Sincerely appreciate your putting it out there.

This is how I might consider buying a game out of state - if someone else offered to help transport. Wait correct that, I have. Good pinsider friends.

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You're making me want SS again. I do miss her. Beautiful example

Thanks man. I really love this machine (plays great and is EYE CANDY) but for some reason I'm craving something newer. SS is the most recent pin I have owned so looking to switch it up a bit.

A friend told me that Hobbit is a beautiful machine but plays kind of clunky. He also mentioned that Wizard of Oz is beautiful as well but doesn't have flow. I'm going to have to try to play both at some point. In any event I'm hoping to find a fair trade locally for either.

Thanks for starting this thread!

#3050 4 years ago

I picked up what seems to be a fully populated Sinbad SS playfield that I'm going to make into a wall hanger for now and possibly a coffee table when my projects go away (yeah right!) if anyone actually needs parts for their Sinbad let me know, would hate to have a part someone really needs hanging on my wall.

20160622_084637_(resized).jpg

20160622_084716_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
$ 89.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 47.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
£ 12.00
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 69.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Various Other Swag
Test item Pre-order!
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 8908 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 179.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside