4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 436 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by kklank
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 144.
#2551 2 years ago

$800 for a quick and hassle-free deal will take the Class of 1981 home. Feel free to PM with any interest or questions. Thanks!

Brad

#2552 2 years ago

My brother wants to sell his getaway 2
He has 2400 into and would like to get that out of it

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2553 2 years ago

He lives in Hampshire

#2554 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

$800 for a quick and hassle-free deal will take the Class of 1981 home. Feel free to PM with any interest or questions. Thanks!
Brad

Here are some pictures I just took of the Class of 1981 tonight including some action shots:

https://goo.gl/photos/hqz45hbQJHPsGtDe6

Any questions, please just let me know. Thanks again!

Brad

20160327_160214_(resized).jpg

#2555 2 years ago

Decided to test the waters with my RoboCop. If no one wants to pay what I'm asking, no big deal. It's a sweet game, just don't want to put any more money into it. $1500 firm. As it stands, I'm losing money after all I've had done to it.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2557 2 years ago

IMG_20160327_175339_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160327_175148_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160327_175137_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160327_175204_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160327_175058_(resized).jpg

#2558 2 years ago

Any one have a data east playfield power board (PPB) laying around they arent using? May need a loaner for the weekend. This is going in a JP.

#2559 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one have a data east playfield power board (PPB) laying around they arent using? May need a loaner for the weekend. This is going in a JP.

I have one it has a hack on it but was working fine before I replaced with rd. Short term use should be fine.

20160315_185005_(resized).jpg

#2560 2 years ago

I actually have one too, but am probably a bit far away.

#2561 2 years ago

Cool, thanks guys. I still have hope mine will show up before the weekend, but if not you might hear from me.

#2563 2 years ago

Looking to trade my HUO AC/DC premium, plus cash, towards any version of WOZ. My AC/DC is loaded with mods, is in absolutely mint condition, and has very low plays on it.

#2564 2 years ago

Still have a nice HUO Xmen $4,500 for sale or trade.

#2565 2 years ago
Quoted from victor:

Looking to trade my HUO AC/DC premium, plus cash, towards any version of WOZ. My AC/DC is loaded with mods, is in absolutely mint condition, and has very low plays on it.

wow, i'd never do this trade. AC/DC > WOZ

#2566 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I have 2 FS in Rockford, IL.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32751

#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wow, i'd never do this trade. AC/DC > WOZ

Actually, WOZ > AC/DC

Don't you just love the internet?

#2568 2 years ago

Guys, guys. They both suck.

#2569 2 years ago

I had both a WOZ and an AC/DC premium. I really liked AC/DC. WOZ, not so much.

#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from victor:

Any interest in selling outright?

#2571 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I really liked AC/DC. WOZ, not so much.

didn't like woz, or didn't like repairing issues?

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

didn't like woz, or didn't like repairing issues?

Issues aside, I didn't particularly care for the game play. It was a beautiful looking machine, but it bored me. I've only spent a limited amount of time on Hobbit, but I'm already getting that same vibe from it. I've owned TSPP less than a year, and it will probably me my next pin to go. All three of those games have phenomenal rulesets, and yet they just don't do it for me. I guess I'm just not a fan of Balcer's designs.

#2574 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Issues aside, I didn't particularly care for the game play. It was a beautiful looking machine, but it bored me. I've only spent a limited amount of time on Hobbit, but I'm already getting that same vibe from it. I've owned TSPP less than a year, and it will probably me my next pin to go. All three of those games have phenomenal rulesets, and yet they just don't do it for me. I guess I'm just not a fan of Balcer's designs.

Um sounds to me you are correctly describing boring pins. I am unsure on Hobbit as I haven't played it enough, but just those 2 ramps up the middle seem to be bland as well.

I could not get TSPP out of my house fast enough due to boredom with the way too LONG ball times. I recall powering it off a few times during a game.

As for Woz, someone couldn't pay me to own one.

#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I could not get TSPP out of my house fast enough due to boredom with the way too LONG ball times. I recall powering it off a few times during a game.

Humble brag alert!

#2576 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Um sounds to me you are correctly describing boring pins.

They are boring to me, but I wouldn't necessarily say they are intrinsically not fun. WOZ and TSPP are both in the top 20, so obviously a lot of people enjoy playing them. They're just not my cup of tea.

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I could not get TSPP out of my house fast enough due to boredom with the way too LONG ball times.

I don't find it boring, but I do find it exhausting at times. The playfield layout is certainly 'different', and the first time I played it, I just did not get why it was so popular, until I read up on the rules. It certainly does have deep rules and really requires both skill and strategy to do well on it, but if you have those, well, it can be a very, very long game. As a result, I just don't play it very often, and at some point I can see letting it go. LOTR has some of those same features, well, a lot less strategy required, but is less exhausting, given the layout having more flow.

WoZ I have never enjoyed, the sound package drives me crazy, and it seems if you don't know the rules which I don't, that you can play and play and nothing really seems to happen. I'm sure I would enjoy it more if I knew the rules, but that screeching witch just makes me not want to play it. Of course we all have our different likes and dislikes.

#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't find it boring, but I do find it exhausting at times. The playfield layout is certainly 'different', and the first time I played it, I just did not get why it was so popular, until I read up on the rules. It certainly does have deep rules and really requires both skill and strategy to do well on it, but if you have those, well, it can be a very, very long game. As a result, I just don't play it very often, and at some point I can see letting it go. LOTR has some of those same features, well, a lot less strategy required, but is less exhausting, given the layout having more flow.
WoZ I have never enjoyed, the sound package drives me crazy, and it seems if you don't know the rules which I don't, that you can play and play and nothing really seems to happen. I'm sure I would enjoy it more if I knew the rules, but that screeching witch just makes me not want to play it. Of course we all have our different likes and dislikes.

I will happily take your LOTR off your hands for free since you hate it so much!

I get what you are saying, I have not had the good fortune to play any of those games though, but your statement makes sense, at least to me.

Phil

#2579 2 years ago

FYI,

Victor came and played my WOZ, seemed to really like it and has been looking ever since.

I think he is aware of both the love and hate of the pin and wanted to come to his own conclusion. He knows he's welcome to come over play mine anytime I'm around. I wish him luck however it works out but mine is not for sale.

BTW, he played my Mustang and smoked it, had the high score grand champ, until code got changed and all scores erased.

bruce

#2580 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree 100%. I don't care for TSPP either, but I know why people like it. the rules are some of the deepest around. For home environment it can be great. The playfield is more fun than WOZ. I don't care for either, but I can see why people like TSPP. WOZ is just not fun. It's slow and uneventful. But I see people are blinded by the bling. When the strongest feature of a game, is how it looks...something is wrong. Because how a game looks is like the 4th most important thing about a game.

#2581 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because how a game looks is like the 4th most important thing about a game.

Need to get you a Bally Hardbody

#2583 2 years ago

A little off-topic guys, but I have a big carpet project coming up in a few weeks and will need to move my pins out to a concrete patio. I'm thinking about buying a pin dolly for the job and to have around. Any advice on what to buy and what NOT to buy? Are there any with small tires instead of the hard wheels? I am in NW burbs.

Thanks

#2585 2 years ago

There was a pin dolly on Craigslist just over the border in Wilmot, Wi today. I'd start there. If you don't like the wheels, replace them.

#2586 2 years ago

I picked up a sample pack of black light led's at Pinball Life yesterday. I think they look really cool on SM when you turn off the lights.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2587 2 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

I picked up a sample pack of black light led's at Pinball Life yesterday. I think they look really cool on SM when you turn off the lights.

Need these for my Tron!

#2588 2 years ago

Nice Road Show for trade, might consider selling. I will be at MGC and live about 15 minutes from it. Here is a detailed ad with pics and video: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-w-upgrades-pics-vids-going-to-mgc-in-wi

-Shane

#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Big bump for a great seller! Deal with confidence. You won't find a better guy than Brad.
The bowler would look cool in someone's gameroom. Looks to be a pretty rare item to boot.

Let me thank everyone for the positive thoughts and comments, they are appreciated. It looks like the Class of 1981 is sold but as of now the Keeney Bowl-O-Rama ball bowler is still available and I am around this weekend. Feel free to PM with any questions or interest. And to update those who inquired, although our project isn't complete this is what our family room looks like now.

Brad

Dad_Pad_(resized).jpg

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Check with Matt over at Back Alley Creations. I'm not sure what he charges, but he's a good dude that does excellent work.

Thanks, had him do my Monopoly and TFTC both turned out great!

#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Thanks, had him do my Monopoly and TFTC both turned out great!

Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics.

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics.

Well, I put them in some other threads so why not here

20160401_222928_(resized).jpg

20160401_214936_(resized).jpg

20160401_171908_(resized).jpg

#2594 2 years ago

I keep getting "Did not get upload ID" so I guess pin side is sick of my pics :0)

#2595 2 years ago

wow, both look really nice.

#2596 2 years ago

I love that green color on TFTC! Quick question. How do you tighten those painted bolts without ruining the finish?

#2597 2 years ago

Just looked at that hot tip and Dracula on CL... Water damaged... Save yourself a trip

#2598 2 years ago

Thinking of putting up my creature for sale. Stock all the way around besides a pinballbulbs premium LED kit added, pinballpro speader upgrades, pinbits hologram light upgrade, power driver board sent to K's arcade to be bullet-proofed, etc. Everything very nice all the way around - very clean cabinet and playfield. Only major condition issue to note is a an eraser size solder drip on the hologram itself - it appears on creature's left armpit area. Other than that, hologram is extremely green.

Would be interested in Wh20, Iron Man, etc. Open to options. Can add cash.

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Just looked at that hot tip and Dracula on CL... Water damaged... Save yourself a trip

thanks for saving everyone time on this by reporting damage

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

thanks for saving everyone time on this by reporting damage

Got a call back and I went and picked them up for parts.... All the cabinets are destroyed .... At least some of the parts will live on...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 89.99
$ 259.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 197.00
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside