FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 243.
#2501 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Not all flippers shop and dial in a game. The people who do are cool, and I wouldn't consider them flippers.

Adams is so correct on that statement!

As far as flipping pins, I remember the wrath of the Price Police I used to get, even when I had the retail space and bought and sold a lot to keep Pincades open.
More power to whoever does it to make a buck in this hobby, BUT don't tell some one its yours then sell it to someone else for a few more dollars!!!!!!!!! then you become a di23head to others.

As far as snagging pins may the fastest person get them!!!!!!LOL

Everybody knows everybody in this hobby one way or another, if you screw some one it will come back to haunt you eventually!!!

NOW back to our regular scheduled whats for sale or trade!!!!

Pincades
JT

#2502 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Spoken like a true flipper.

Lol, I needed a laugh this morning dirtbag. This *flipper* doesn't own a vehicle that can transport machines. My only vehicle is a Miata. Also I live in a town house without a garage. Anyone who has dealt with me knows you have to carry the machine around a building to get it through the back door. Every trade or purchase has to be planned long in advance so I can borrow a vehicle and get help moving it inside. Not really conducive to last minute deals found through craigslist, but keep trolling dirtbag.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

depends on the mod. the TZ lamp shades, when theywere going for $150 were more than 10X. The LED TAF swap light was 20X. The LED lamp boards for stern games for hte backbox are at least 10X profit. All depends on the mods. Those $8 chinese cannons for AC/DC people are selling for a hell of a lot more. (bought mine online at a chinese cheap toy site $8 shipped). so depending on the mod, some of them are massive profit. like toppers cut out of cheap ass plastic and charge $75+. So don't act like mods can't make a shit ton of profit, which is fine. My statement was saying it's a hell of a lot easier money in mods than trying to flip games.

And you sit back and say its all pure profit. What about custom designed plastic protectors? Do you think they just appear out of thin air? What about custom designed replacement parts? Home made ramps? Do you have any real idea or do you just like to pull numbers out of the air? There are a number of modders out there that build things because of passion, not profit and you just crap all over them.

As for flippers there are plenty of them that just buy games off craigslist cheap, do nothing, and then repost them for more.

#2503 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Lol, I needed a laugh this morning dirtbag. This *flipper* doesn't own a vehicle that can transport machines. My only vehicle is a Miata. Also I live in a town house without a garage. Anyone who has dealt with me knows you have to carry the machine around a building to get it through the back door. Every trade or purchase has to be planned long in advance so I can borrow a vehicle and get help moving it inside. Not really conducive to last minute deals found through craigslist, but keep trolling dirtbag.

And you sit back and say its all pure profit. What about custom designed plastic protectors? Do you think they just appear out of thin air? What about custom designed replacement parts? Home made ramps? Do you have any real idea or do you just like to pull numbers out of the air? There are a number of modders out there that build things because of passion, not profit and you just crap all over them.
As for flippers there are plenty of them that just buy games off craigslist cheap, do nothing, and then repost them for more.

So defensive! I wonder why?

#2504 8 years ago

Duplicate

#2505 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

depends on the mod. the TZ lamp shades, when theywere going for $150 were more than 10X. The LED TAF swap light was 20X. The LED lamp boards for stern games for hte backbox are at least 10X profit. All depends on the mods. Those $8 chinese cannons for AC/DC people are selling for a hell of a lot more. (bought mine online at a chinese cheap toy site $8 shipped). so depending on the mod, some of them are massive profit. like toppers cut out of cheap ass plastic and charge $75+. So don't act like mods can't make a shit ton of profit, which is fine. My statement was saying it's a hell of a lot easier money in mods than trying to flip games.

Well your first statement should have been this clear in the first place. It should have read "some" mods are 10X profit. Thanks for clearing that up. My time is worth just as much for making my mod as yours is for touching up and clearing pf's...but I understand yours is more time consuming and messy.

#2506 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So defensive! I wonder why?

Why are you trying to start an argument with a statement like that, there's no call for it.

#2507 8 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Adams is so correct on that statement!
As far as flipping pins, I remember the wrath of the Price Police I used to get, even when I had the retail space and bought and sold a lot to keep Pincades open.
More power to whoever does it to make a buck in this hobby, BUT don't tell some one its yours then sell it to someone else for a few more dollars!!!!!!!!! then you become a di23head to others.
As far as snagging pins may the fastest person get them!!!!!!LOL
Everybody knows everybody in this hobby one way or another, if you screw some one it will come back to haunt you eventually!!!
NOW back to our regular scheduled whats for sale or trade!!!!
Pincades
JT

Very well said J.T.!

I know you and I have raced that clock on a few occasions. Got lucky on a couple when sellers kept their word after they got off the phone with you!!!

#2508 8 years ago

Lol, You two guys are the reason I gave up on checking CL for games a long time ago. Seemed like JA flooding the board with for retail for-sale and wtb ads and Vdojaq was picking up every fairly priced game in under 45 seconds. It's all good though, I am a lot happier now that Im out of the mass acquisition phase.

#2509 8 years ago

Wow I can't believe how many winers are on here worrying about someone making a buck. Someone makes money big deal. You like to get a paycheck where you work don't you? For someone to make money it has to sell,so if you don't like the price don't buy it. That's about as simple as it gets. When all else fails call the waaaaambulance.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2510 8 years ago

There you go, WAS!

I have a new business to concentrate on now, do not have the time to run all over hell for the deals anymore. I have sold off a lot of my stuff and will be more or less a non factor around CL finds for quite a while.

Plus, I now have machines at home and at my automotive shop, best of both worlds.

#2511 8 years ago

So bummed. I saw that there were 24 updates since last night and actually thought someone might be trading/selling a game...

#2512 8 years ago

Yeah, so back on track...I'm still looking to sell my Strange Science. Freshly shopped and in great shape with a 100% working topper and a new main ramp. PM me if interested.

#2513 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Here you go, rearranging words and making your own assumptions again. When did I ever say Mods are pure profit? Pure profit means, 100% profit, without any cost to make. Of course there is a cost to make. 10X's profit is not pure profit. Of course you still have a little overhead with initial cost.

And again, you have to be corrected, because I never said all Mods are all profit. I stated that making mods is more profitable with a hell of a lot less work, than going to go pick up games and try to move them. Again you assume and try to fit in means that never were said.

Some do buy games on craigslist cheap and try to flip them without touching them, but most of the time, your still lucky to double your money.

But on the same token. There are moders out there, that make some cheap half assed mod, and charge 20X's what it should be. So there are 2 sides to the spectrum.

#2514 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well your first statement should have been this clear in the first place. It should have read "some" mods are 10X profit. Thanks for clearing that up. My time is worth just as much for making my mod as yours is for touching up and clearing pf's...but I understand yours is more time consuming and messy.

when making statements I would assume people would know it doesn't mean every single incident would be true. Unless stated, that every single mod..or all of them or something on those lines. I'm sure there are some flippers that can make 10X profit on a game. i'm sure there are moders that barely break even. It can happen. But a majority of the time, it's easier to make money with mods (easier to sell, dont' have to drive and haul a heavy ass game around and usually can be mass produced once made), than it is to buy and sell games (especially if you shop them out, tweek them out, fix them 100% before selling).

#2516 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when making statements I would assume people would know it doesn't mean every single incident would be true.

Never assume anything when on a board, statements are taken at face value. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

#2517 8 years ago

This is a for sale/trade thread. If you want to talk about mods then open a new thread.

#2518 8 years ago

My comment is for everyone btw, I'm not picking on any one person but all of them.

#2519 8 years ago

I have a South Park for sale. Excellent condition.
Pm me for photos. 3300. Extra for color dmd.
No flipper button wear.
Shooter and kick out holes in great condition.

#2522 8 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Yeah, so back on track...I'm still looking to sell my Strange Science. Freshly shopped and in great shape with a 100% working topper and a new main ramp. PM me if interested.

Still wish this was in my basement....good luck with the sale.

#2523 8 years ago

Want to buy a WOZ. Any version would be considered(standard, EC, or RR).

#2524 8 years ago

Tilty flash, meet your brethren...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
Wrong thread!!!
Disregard!!

#2525 8 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Tilty flash, meet your brethren...
image_(resized).jpeg
Wrong thread!!!
Disregard!!

Off with his head!!!!

#2526 8 years ago

going to post in Market Place....

Project Tri Zone.. $350

Pros
- Game boots
- clean boards (no battery leakage)
- no broken plastics

Cons
- PF is nothing special
- boards need to be rebuilt
- player displays were not showing all digits but can check on other machine if they all work and can get you 4 working ones.
- no back glass

#2527 8 years ago

WTB: Metallica Pro, WH20 or The Shadow.

#2528 8 years ago

I have a lead on a nice F14 from a family friend that is moving and needs it gone. Not sure if I want to pick it up .. and if I did, I would want to use it as trade bait. Anyone looking for one? Would like to potentially trade for a Black Knight 2000, Fish Tales, WCS .. or whatever. Willing to add cash

#2529 8 years ago

WTB: Metallica Premium

#2530 8 years ago

WTB: Southpark

#2532 8 years ago

if someone wanted all 3

Travel Time
Strange Science
Escape from the Lost World.

I'll let the triple pack go for $2300. All 3 have newer rubber, and play 100%, boards all clean, displays crisp and nice.

#2534 8 years ago

Just a reminder to everyone in the area that I have both a ROM burner and a rivet press. I'm happy to offer both services for free to all local pinheads.

#2535 8 years ago

Anyone have any suggestions for a local guy who does nice powder coating? Also what should I expect to pay?

#2536 8 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Anyone have any suggestions for a local guy who does nice powder coating? Also what should I expect to pay?

Check with Matt over at Back Alley Creations. I'm not sure what he charges, but he's a good dude that does excellent work.

#2537 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Check with Matt over at Back Alley Creations.

I had him do a ramp for me, I think it was around $40

#2538 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Check with Matt over at Back Alley Creations. I'm not sure what he charges, but he's a good dude that does excellent work.

I will second that comment, Does Awesome work

http://www.backalleycreations.com/

Pincades
JT

#2539 8 years ago

And Matt is a sweet man

#2540 8 years ago

Thx for the suggestion. I have contacted Matt.

#2541 8 years ago

Matt dresses really well too!

#2542 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Matt dresses really well too!

WWWEEEEIIIIRRRDDDOOOO!!!!!!

#2543 8 years ago

How about an Easter Sunday deal for my Chicago friends or anyone else who is close enough to make a drive to Naperville? I bought this Keeney Bowl-O-Rama machine from Brian downstate a few months back, I paid $550 for the machine. It is a small ball bowler with gutters, which is rare and it looks good. It is not working 100%, so some time will need to be invested to get it where it needs to be. The ball raising motor is good, it comes with a number of spare parts and paperwork. It was blowing a fuse for Brian and I have literally put no time into it. I am willing to work with anyone who can quickly come and pickup the machine (tomorrow would be great). As the space where I planned to set it up is now to be turned into a living space for my father on short notice, so I will readily admit I'd like the machine gone ASAP. Feel free to make an offer and we can go from there. The attached pictures are of the machine and here are some more I took after I got it home:

https://goo.gl/photos/uNGQN6tTDrpGqZ5UA

Close-up pictures:
https://goo.gl/photos/HukmtfXkrpQAANHRA

Feel free to PM with any questions or interest, I have plenty of references for anyone that wants them. Thanks!

Brad

3.jpg3.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

1.jpg1.jpg

#2544 8 years ago

the Strange science, escape from lost world and travel time have been spoken for.

Wish that bowler had flash on it. I'd snag it up. it's pretty much exactly like mine except yours has gutters.

#2545 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

How about an Easter Sunday deal for my Chicago friends or anyone else who is close enough to make a drive to Naperville? I bought this Keeney Bowl-O-Rama machine from Brian downstate a few months back, I paid $550 for the machine. It is a small ball bowler with gutters, which is rare and it looks good. It is not working 100%, so some time will need to be invested to get it where it needs to be. The ball raising motor is good, it comes with a number of spare parts and paperwork. It was blowing a fuse for Brian and I have literally put no time into it. I am willing to work with anyone who can quickly come and pickup the machine (tomorrow would be great). As the space where I planned to set it up is now to be turned into a living space for my father on short notice, so I will readily admit I'd like the machine gone ASAP. Feel free to make an offer and we can go from there. The attached pictures are of the machine and here are some more I took after I got it home:
Close-up pictures:
Feel free to PM with any questions or interest, I have plenty of references for anyone that wants them. Thanks!
Brad

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Big bump for a great seller! Deal with confidence. You won't find a better guy than Brad.

The bowler would look cool in someone's gameroom. Looks to be a pretty rare item to boot.

#2546 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Close-up pictures:
Brad

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

I would love to help you out Brad, I just don't have the space for that. Someone will jump on it, looks sweet.

#2547 8 years ago

the bowler is great, I sure wish I had the space.

#2548 8 years ago

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it is absolutely appreciated. I also have a very nice Class of 1981 arcade game, just in case anyone might one of those.

Brad

1981-2.jpg1981-2.jpg

1981-1.jpg1981-1.jpg

#2549 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it is absolutely appreciated. I also have a very nice Class of 1981 arcade game, just in case anyone might one of those.
Brad

1981-2.jpg1981-1.jpg

How much?

#2550 8 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Brad

1981-2.jpg1981-1.jpg

pm sent on the bowler and combo

There are 12,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.