New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90537)

Chicago Trader/Seller Club

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,891 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by popperette
  • Topic is favorited by 341 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 8891 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 178.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Sounds like you are upset by this yet I have no idea why!

What makes you think he was upset? It sounded to me like he was just curious.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Thunder424:

Looking to buy a Fish Tales, if anyone has one available. Thanks for your consideration.

There is a FT hanging on the Milwaukee Craigslist

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Believe it is also on Ebay.

#203 6 years ago

WOW, that is one overpriced faded insert blasted FT!!!

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Good point.

#205 6 years ago

Still looking for a taxi

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Still looking for a taxi

Someone in MN is selling one - there is a thread on it somewhere.

#207 6 years ago

Still offering my BG and T2 for a Shadow 2 for 1. Could throw some money in too if the Shadow is nice.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Sounds like you are upset by this yet I have no idea why!

Quoted from TomGWI:

gweempose said:

Good point.

Yea, just curious. I'm in his shop probably once a month or more for parts. If I knew some of the pins were for sale on a regular basis, I'd check them out more regularly. I usually give him a shopping list, so I'm literally walking into his office, handing over the cash, and picking up my box-o-crap.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

I believe this is the same machine that was on craigslist Chicago a few weeks back for $2400, I could be wrong though. I saw it and thought it was overpriced at $2,400 but emailed the guy asking for pictures and he said it was sold already. It suspicious that this one has the legs already taken off "for easy transport", so I assumed he overpaid and is trying to flip it for an insane price.

#211 6 years ago

Yeah I saw that but I can't get to MN for at least a month, I'd like to find something closer that I can get to easily.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

" target="_blank">milwaukee.craigslist.org link

I appreciate the help, but as the others have posted, that's way too high for way too low quality. Sweet car in the background, though. Maybe if he let me borrow his car for a month, I might bite.

Thanks, though!

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Why does terry have pins in his shop that aren't his? Is he storing pins for hobbyists that are out of space, or is he a middleman for selling them off?

The seller probably doesn't want a bunch of scumbags(like us) coming to his house to look at it.
I bought my first pin from someone that had it sitting at PBL it was nice that it was close to me but sucked that I had to take off work to look at it during business hours.

#215 6 years ago

I don't think I could buy a pinball from a house with such poor taste in furniture.

#216 6 years ago

You actually get much of a deal buying at sales like that? I've never been to one.

#217 6 years ago

I got an email from the company above. Seller is asking 5000 for metallica so not a good deal. I went to an estate sale last year in the south burbs. They had a Hook that they wanted 2000 for. So I'm sure there are good deals some of the time on these, just not this pro for 5000

#218 6 years ago

apparently they don't know you can buy it NIB for less than that.

#219 6 years ago

For the right deal, I sometimes make the road trip down by you guys. I am a Bears fan, so I hope I can chime in on this thread.

Looking for a "Sample Dirty Harry". If anyone has one or knows of one for sale or trade, please let me know.

I have a nice Who Dunnit currently for sale / trade.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

If so Ill deliver it for you for free, I'm coming up on the 24th -Paul is a good guy

You would do that for me ss. That would be GREAT. Bill contacted me yesterday and I sent him a message to call me today but he hasn't. I know a GREAT steak place I'll take ya as a way of saying thanks. Your coming for the Back to the Fifties I'll bet.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yea, just curious. I'm in his shop probably once a month or more for parts. If I knew some of the pins were for sale on a regular basis, I'd check them out more regularly. I usually give him a shopping list, so I'm literally walking into his office, handing over the cash, and picking up my box-o-crap.

Your missing the best part of PBL. Usually when I'm down there I will spend an hour or so and just chat with Terry and Mike. Great guys to just hang and talk pinball with. Maybe I will flip on a machine for a game or 2 while they pull my order.

Chris

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Usually when I'm down there I will spend an hour or so and just chat with Terry and Mike

Oh don't get me wrong, if Terry isn't busy with customers or their orders, he'll talk my ear off and I love every minute of it. I guess I just try to stay out of the way because I feel so blessed to have a pinball parts supplier so close by.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You would do that for me ss

Absolutely Paul just let me know if you and Bill can make a deal. Headed up for volleyball again so Ill drive the big suv this time who knows maybe I can find something to bring home with me.

#224 6 years ago

Independence Day is coming home Sat. Looking to trade it for one of the following +or - cash, Bone Busters, Haunted House, EATPM, Class of 1812, Barbwire, South Park, Baywatch.

Or if you have any of these you would sell I have a cash buyer for the ID4 but dont want to sell until I have a new game lined up.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Absolutely Paul just let me know if you and Bill can make a deal. Headed up for volleyball again so Ill drive the big suv this time who knows maybe I can find something to bring home with me.

I hope he contacts me soon. Ah volleyball, I forgot about that. Well I have the LAH you could bring back. You'll have to check it out again. Thanks again.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

I'm sure there are good deals some of the time on these, just not this pro for 5000

Look at the photos. That's not a pro, it's a monster premium.

#227 6 years ago

Sorry to take another game from my pinball bros. in IL. but I just bought mrbillshere's Avatar LE This is my first LE.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry to take another game from my pinball bros. in IL.

Bring out the pitchforks!!

#231 6 years ago

If it was a monster premium at the estate sale then somebody liked it and got a good deal. It was sold as soon as the place opened at 9 for 5000 according to the lady at the front door from the company.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just bought mrbillshere's Avatar LE

I call first game

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Brad76:

If it was a monster premium at the estate sale then somebody liked it and got a good deal. It was sold as soon as the place opened at 9 for 5000 according to the lady at the front door from the company.

I wonder what the taxes/fees were at the Estate Sale? Still likely a good deal even after those are added on.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WOW, that is one overpriced faded insert blasted FT!!!

I also contacted this guy about his FT. I asked him how long it had been sitting in direct contact with this cement garage floor. I also told him that I thought his asking price was on the high side given how faded it was, etc.

I got the typical, if you aren't planning on buying it - take a flying leap response.

Ok, but you'll be sitting on that game for a long time.

Dave

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder what the taxes/fees were at the Estate Sale? Still likely a good deal even after those are added on.

The estate sales I've gone to in Illinois , there were no fees or taxes. Cash out the door.

#237 6 years ago

someone was misinformed since you can buy it NIB for less than that.

#238 6 years ago

i know The guy that bought the Met Premium paid $5k and no taxes. cash out the door. He got a great deal. From the Estate sale description it looked liked it was going to be a auction type bid for the game. Miscommunication, long story short he got a Met Premium under 200 plays for $5K.

#240 6 years ago

WOW, ya don't see a free pin very often.

#241 6 years ago

Lady Luck is supposed to be a lot of fun too.

#242 6 years ago

So a beat-up xfiles is worth $1700 now? Wow, I hope the buyer knows what he's getting into
ebay.com link

350.jpg
353.jpg
366.jpg

#243 6 years ago

Yeah a little over my max bid below ... Wow!!!!
image-554.jpg

#244 6 years ago

I have the following For sale
Funhouse - $3300 l
Starship Troopers -$1950 Freshly shopped
EM Big Deal - $ 600

Just let me know cash mabey some trade considered ..

Thanks

#245 6 years ago

that has to be shilled. There is no way that went for $1700. Even if it looked like it just came out of the box, you would be hard pressed to get $1700 for it. That's a $600 game at best.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that has to be shilled. There is no way that went for $1700. That's a $600 game at best.

shilled how? ebay is a legal contract, not like the seller is going to be like "Oh sure, i'll just take $600..
Unless he had a friend up-bid it and was expecting others to continue bidding, or was he purposing making a high sale to inflate prices for upcoming auctions? Not sure that was worth the $42 ebay fee.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

shilled how? ebay is a legal contract, not like the seller is going to be like "Oh sure, i'll just take $600..
Unless he had a friend up-bid it and was expecting others to continue bidding, or was he purposing making a high sale to inflate prices for upcoming auctions? Not sure that was worth the $42 ebay fee.

Thats exactly what shill bidding is.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

apparently they don't know you can buy it NIB for less than that.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

someone was misinformed since you can buy it NIB for less than that.

This guy is like a parrot, but more annoying.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

if you both agree to back out of the auction, nobody gets charged fees. That's why it happens so often.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you both agree to back out of the auction, nobody gets charged fees. That's why it happens so often.

Exactly. It doesn't cost them anything to have their friend shill bid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 8891 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside