New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90537)

Chicago Trader/Seller Club

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,891 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by popperette
  • Topic is favorited by 341 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 8891 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 178.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

My little guy loves Fireball and that's all he talks about right now.

And that's what pinball is all about! I'm glad it has a new loving home.

#153 6 years ago

cards25 (Rich) from Odell is a good buyer. Didn't ask for a bunch of pics from every angle, just came over, played the RFM and took the game. I really like when buyers do that !!!

Anyone looking for a cocktail arcade? I think it is 60 games. I would trade it for a pin, or sell outright.

Brian

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

cards25 (Rich) from Odell is a good buyer. Didn't ask for a bunch of pics from every angle

So you are saying that anyone that asks questions and wants a few more pictures is not a good buyer. If someone is going to drive a long way for a pin, I think that a seller would want to give as much information a possible. Well, only If they are a good seller.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

So you are saying that anyone that asks questions and wants a few more pictures is not a good buyer. If someone is going to drive a long way for a pin, I think that a seller would want to give as much information a possible. Well, only If they are a good seller.

I read it as "It was an easy sell", nothing more.... I would much rather someone just come over, look at it, play it, and then buy it, rather than take a whole bunch of pics first, and then go through the process. Doesn't make me a bad seller, just happy when I don't have to take the time for pics if I don't need to.

#156 6 years ago

I am looking to sell a 1995 Bally Indianapolis 500 early-production machine (#89), SOLD. This is a nice example with exceptional cabinet color and is 100% working. The machine features a numbers-matching boardset and includes the original preliminary manual it shipped with. It has the early round black border Turbo Hole, for which Cliffy makes a protector. Here are some pictures of the machine:

https://plus.google.com/photos/102129504136600475424/albums/6009725329676166753?authkey=CJz02Kzij5y4Pw

Feel free to contact me with any interest or questions. Thanks!

Brad

#157 6 years ago

Thanks Ralphwiggum, that's what I was getting at.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I read it as "It was an easy sell", nothing more....

Yes, this is true but if you are a buyer and the pin is not close, it would be nice to get pictures that show some detail.

#159 6 years ago

Random question.
Has anyone on this thread ever used FaceTime on your iphone to walk a buyer through your pin if they live too far away to stop by for a few test games?

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Random question.
Has anyone on this thread ever used FaceTime on your iphone to walk a buyer through your pin if they live too far away to stop by for a few test games?

It's been suggested but haven't done it yet. Other times people take a video and send it via email or text. That works well.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Random question.

I've shot a video on my iphone and posted it on youtube. Takes 2 clicks and 10 minutes. Compliments pictures nicely.

#162 6 years ago

I've used FaceTime for buying and selling... Kind of pass in ass

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

We're moving cross-country in about six weeks. Up for grabs are my XMen LE Wolvie, Sopranos, and my Avatar LE. All are HUO and in excellent condition. I am also considering letting my MB go.
Xmen is $5200 with the standard blue side armor OR $5700 if you want to keep the chrome I installed. I got the rails and lockdown from Rob at Z-Plating so you know it isn't junk. No mods, other than shaker motor and the aforementioned chrome side armor which is optional. I never had any problems with the (aux?) board as some did.
Avatar LE is $5200 as well, and it kills me to part with it but I figure I can purchase it again once I get to my new location. The Avatar LE has LED's, a shaker, white rubber, pinbits plastic protectors, the SDTM drain fix, and upgraded speakers. Other than that it's all original.
SOLD - Sopranos is near-perfect with just one noticeable ding in the paint on the left side of the cabinet. It came from a friend and I haven't shopped it yet nor does it have any LEDs or mods. The price is $3600 OBO.
The Monster Bash is clean and plays 100%. It has the typical wear at the scoop (cliffy installed) and decal-wrinkle at the legs which can be hidden with PinCab protectors. I did a total topside tear-down, rebuilt the pops and re-rubbered it in white. It is LED'd up. I had the wireforms replated by Rob at Z-Plating. Here's the catch - I also have a hand-picked IPB playfield, hand-picked Side Art, and full playfield plastics set for it. I am not interested in breaking it all up. I'm thinking $11K for the package. What do you guys think?
None of these games are set up right now because we're having work done in preparation for putting our house on the market, so I'll need fair warning if you want to come look at them.
-Bill

Pm sending now

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

Brian was great to deal with. I didn't ask for a lot of pictures because he was only 20 minutes from me. I just contacted him and set up a time to come look at it. if I was coming from a couple hours away, I would ask for some specific pics.

#167 6 years ago

Ive got a Star Wars Episode one, 1400 plays , lightly routed for under a year and sold to a family in 99. Earned a total of $3,300. Cabinet and playfield in exceptional condition, no errors, $2500. monitor crisp and bright. sold as is

#168 6 years ago

That nasty flash is now on an eBay auction for $100 more than the list on CL... Gonna remember to not buy anything from that seller on eBay

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

That nasty flash is now on an eBay auction for $100 more than the list on CL

This is the only one showing up:
ebay.com link » Flash Pinball Machine By Williams

He also has it on CL:
chicago.craigslist.org link

I don't think that's the same one, the moldy one on CL was from shorewood I believe. I still wouldn't buy it, that princearcades guy floods chicago CL with arcade ads with pinball keyword.

#170 6 years ago

It's same one... That guy must have bought it... Same slingshot plastics that have been deteriorated and same plastic with tape on it.

#171 6 years ago

Ah, so princearcades is also a flipper (no way he had time to do any cleaning). I question anyone that thinks making $100 is worth driving somewhere to pickup a pinball.

#173 6 years ago

Holy crap on a cracker, I might have to swing out there SOON!!!!! Anyone been there yet?

#174 6 years ago

that is amazing, will definitely stop by Joliet to see what the 24 pins there in Joliet

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Phoenix and a grand slam at an estate auction this sunday in deerfield
http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/IL/Deerfield/60015/633792?highlight=pinball

Curious if anyone went to this and how much they sold for?

#176 6 years ago

Here is the SWE1 shopped out. Price is $2800.

addams 029.JPG addams 030.JPG addams 031.JPG addams 032.JPG addams 033.JPG addams 034.JPG addams 035.JPG addams 036.JPG
#178 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here is the SWE1 shopped out. Price is $2800.

Is the darker area by Anakin's legs a shadow or dirt or ?
Will that come out with the treasure cove polish kit?

241902.jpg
#179 6 years ago

Hi All,

I'm a complete noob here, starting to poke around for my first machine. Right now, I have my radar out for a Fire! in decent condition. Anyone looking to part with one, please PM.

#180 6 years ago

What's the deal with Sharpshooter 2? It looks like the only difference from the original is art and that they combined the spinner/shooter lanes into one. Any other differences? Why not just make another run of Sharpshooters?

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anyone have an Avatar LE to sell?

If so Ill deliver it for you for free, I'm coming up on the 24th -Paul is a good guy

#183 6 years ago

Was sharpshooter 1 a wide body ? Also per my thread those games were both traded.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Right now, I have my radar out for a Fire! in decent condition

Look to spend between $1-2k depending on condition and whether or not it's a champagne edition. I know arcade adventures had a champagne edition at some point, I thin he was asking $2200?

Might have a chance if you network with some firefighters, a lot of them have them.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Was sharpshooter 1 a wide body ?

Nope.

#188 6 years ago

This was in my local paper today. An update from earlier in the weeks posting...
Arcade coming to Joliet

Published: Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:08 p.m. CDT

JOLIET – A new business coming to downtown Joliet will feature all the buzzers, bells and flippers of a bygone era.

Game Show Pinball Arcade, which plans to open soon at 215 N. Chicago St., will feature 20 to 25 vintage pinball machines in rotation, as well as five video arcade machines, an electro-mechanical driving arcade, foosball and air hockey, Mayor Tom Giarrante told the City Council on Tuesday.

The business initially plans to be open from 3 p.m. to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, and then expand based on demand, possibly to 3 to 10 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, Giarrante said.

Under what’s become a more or less obsolete section of city code, Joliet charges an annual fee of $50 for any “mechanical, electric or electronic amusement machine” including pinball machines, shuffle alleys and photographic alleys.

Arcade owner Chris Czarnowski requested an 18-month waiver on the vending device fees to “remove a barrier to the startup and allow for the conversion of a currently vacant storefront.”
The council agreed to allow Game Show to open pending approval by police, fire and building inspectors, with the fee waiver to be handled under a TIF agreement.

#189 6 years ago

Excellent to hear that it's finally happening!
Marcos, you around?

#190 6 years ago

If anyone looking for a BF, Tony who has had the one on CL was sounding like he was willing to sell it for less then 2500 if you are looking for one.

#191 6 years ago

selling as is working, unshopped.

Judge dredd $1700-sold
Dr Who $2300
Surf n Safari $1500

#192 6 years ago

Looking to buy a Fish Tales, if anyone has one available. Thanks for your consideration.

#193 6 years ago

Semi OT: anyone have a good anodizing/chrome shop near the city? Jukebox resto...

#194 6 years ago

I saw a FT at pinball life for sale.. Played a few games on it.. It needs some love but thought I would point out to you. It was not Terry's.

#195 6 years ago

I have a Sample/proto Jokerz up for trade/sale if anyone is interested. Has proto roms and playfield is diamondplated. I don't think it's diamondplate tho, I think it's that GX5 or whatever it was, because it doesn't have that foggyness to it, that diamond plate does. Truthfully, it's the nicest jokerz playfield i've ever seen, and i've owned 3 jokerz in my time. Technically not in chicago but only 45min away. Cabinet is very good as well. Sides are nice, no wood graining. Been freshly shopped and looks fantastic.

#196 6 years ago

Why does terry have pins in his shop that aren't his? Is he storing pins for hobbyists that are out of space, or is he a middleman for selling them off?

#197 6 years ago

Not sure. There was a name and number to call on game.. I was happy to play them on my lunch break!!!

#198 6 years ago

Looking to trade for a Stern ST Pro....

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Why does terry have pins in his shop that aren't his? Is he storing pins for hobbyists that are out of space, or is he a middleman for selling them off?

Probably just helping out a friend. Terry is a good dude like that.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Sounds like you are upset by this yet I have no idea why!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 5.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 88.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 50.00
Cabinet Parts
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet Parts
Troxel Repair
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 10.00
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 103.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 64.99
$ 209.99
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 8891 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside