FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 243.
#1251 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Do they even have pinball parties in Iowa? Thought it was just corn gatherings?

Gorilla used to have them by Des Moines.

#1252 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

What are you talking about? What bullshit setup?

what r you talking about.jpgwhat r you talking about.jpg
#1253 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

What are you talking about? What bullshit setup?

Ya i not sure wat he means either. Ill pass people on the shoulder if there is no left turn lane.

We all drive 80mph on a 55mph higway, i dunno what the problem is for you.

Now ohio, those sons of bitches cant drive and dont understand that the left lane is for passing. Encounter them all the time on road trips and hate that entire state because of them.

#1254 9 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Heading toward Davenport/Bettendorf tomorrow. Look out, about 1000 Parrotheads taking over your riverfront tomorrow/ tomorrow night.

I.... I don't even know what this means.

#1255 9 years ago

Agreed I pass ppl all the time on the shoulder. I also take 88 to and from work and if your not going 70 you got issues

#1256 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ya i not sure wat he means either. Ill pass people on the shoulder if there is no left turn lane.
Now ohio, those sons of bitches cant drive and dont understand that the left lane is for passing. Encounter them all the time on road trips and hate that entire state because of them.

Hey! Don't blame all of Ohio because of people from Dayton and Cleveland. Also, if any of you are ever roadtripping through Ohio, take the extra 30 minutes and go around Dayton. Those cops will pull over ANYONE with an out-of-state license plate.

#1257 9 years ago
Quoted from Nullpunkt:

I.... I don't even know what this means.

Jimmy Buffett fans. We call it "Party with a Purpose". Live tropical music, way too much rum, people dancin' in Hawaiian shirts, lei's, shorts, & sandals in the cold. We do it fun for, and charity. This year for the Rock Island USO.

#1258 9 years ago

You don't see all those signs around IL, that say no passing on right side, out in the subs country roads? Like every main street has them. So nobody will go around someone turning left. That's the bullshit (IL only ) thing i'm talking about. Hate those signs and they don't make any sense to why they have that rule.

#1259 9 years ago

I don't see them. Are you talking about No Passing signs? They are all over but has nothing to do with passing on right, just can't pass via on coming traffic.

#1260 9 years ago

I actually got pulled over for passing a car making a left turn just east of Dekalb on 38. The car was stopped so far on the left of the lane I didn't even go on the shoulder. Cop let me off but said don't do it again.

#1261 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You don't see all those signs around IL, that say no passing on right side, out in the subs country roads? Like every main street has them. So nobody will go around someone turning left. That's the bullshit (IL only ) thing i'm talking about. Hate those signs and they don't make any sense to why they have that rule.

I've never seen signs saying not to pass on the right either.

#1262 9 years ago

2015-03-27-15-21-42-45416495.png2015-03-27-15-21-42-45416495.png

This sign is what I see

#1263 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that just says you belong up here in WI. Because most of IL can't drive for shit.

Really? How come when I'm flying in the left lane on the Dan Ryan, the super slow car in my lane has an Indiana or Wisconsin license plate.

Don't they teach you that in Drivers Ed in either state???

#1264 9 years ago

There is no law preventing you from passing a left turner on the right. You just aren't allowed to pass someone on the shoulder.

#1265 9 years ago

I see signs all over IL, out by mchenry, algonquin and what not that says, no passing on right side by every left available turn on the country type busy roads. Signs like this. So nobody can get around a guy in a single lane road that is stopped and turning left. When traffic is busy, he waits forever to turn, i've been in traffic at least a mile long or more because of this, on at least 30 occasions.

FU IL.jpgFU IL.jpg

#1266 9 years ago

I've only seen a sign like that a couple times. All the towns you mentioned are up north maybe it's different up there or could be a McHenry county thing, those guys could chime in.

#1267 9 years ago

well it seems they are in every damn place i need to drive in IL. Sucks bad.

#1268 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well it seems they are in every damn place i need to drive in IL. Sucks bad.

I think you need to stop looking for signs and just drive. I'm getting tired of having to pass you all the time because you have to slow down to read signs. Damn Northerners!

#1269 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I see signs all over IL, out by mchenry, algonquin and what not that says, no passing on right side by every left available turn on the country type busy roads. Signs like this. So nobody can get around a guy in a single lane road that is stopped and turning left. When traffic is busy, he waits forever to turn, i've been in traffic at least a mile long or more because of this, on at least 30 occasions.
FU IL.jpg

hey!! don't give the governor of this fine state another place to put up a toll booth or right on shoulder camera!

#1270 9 years ago

If we are going to bag on IL laws, let's be fair and tease our brothers in WI.

http://whoonew.com/2014/07/strange-wisconsin-state-laws/

Margarine is illegal in Wisconsin?

And back to the for sale thread.......

#1271 9 years ago

Im going to track one of these signs down. some one has to at least.

#1272 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

For damn good reason, that stuff was originally invented to fatten turkeys but it killed them. It's one molecule away from being plastic, put a stick of it out for a month and won't rot, flys won't go near it and nothing will grow on it and a bunch of other stuff. Look it up. It should be illegal everywhere, the stuff will kill you.

#1273 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

For damn good reason, that stuff was originally invented to fatten turkeys but it killed them. It's one molecule away from being plastic, put a stick of it out for a month and won't rot, flys won't go near it and nothing will grow on it and a bunch of other stuff. Look it up. It should be illegal everywhere, the stuff will kill you.

The law was originally intended to protect the dairy industry, but agree that it is nasty stuff.

#1274 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

lol

I can't believe it's not butter

#1275 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no law preventing you from passing a left turner on the right. You just aren't allowed to pass someone on the shoulder.

according to the cop who stopped me there is

#1276 9 years ago

If you pass the guy in front of you on the shoulder and there is a solid white line in between the lane and the shoulder, I believe you'll receive a ticket. At least it happened to me once 20 years ago in Lombard, Illinois. It's usually in downtown areas but rarely ticketed.

#1277 9 years ago

Went to school in mn. Every winter we would count all the cars in ditches. One snow storm back in 07-06 that hit il hard and brushed Wi and mm, we counted over 80 cars in the ditch. Not one of them had il plates, except we did see a bumper with il tags. We concluded that they had a brush with danger and were so embarrassed that they looked like one of those wi/mn drivers they got out of there so fast they left the bumper behind. I've lived in all three states, mn has horrible drivers and Wisconsin is not far behind. They are slow and yet some how still not able to control their vehicles. Il drivers are fast for the most part and just plain aholes usually. If I had to choose, I'd rather drive with the aholes.

#1278 9 years ago

images (4).jpgimages (4).jpg

#1279 9 years ago

Keep firing, assholes!

#1280 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I agree with BB , Back to our scheduled FS thread

By the way I see my own fellow Hoosiers who cant drive either!!!!
Inside left lane 80mph lets roll boys.

JT

#1281 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'd rather never eat margarine ever again, than to have to drive behind some ass clown going the speedlimit or 5 under, which seems to happen about 2 seconds after I cross the boarder. ON the HWY everyone drives 20 over the limit, which is fine, that's normal driving and driving like you're actually going somewhere. But in the country roads, IL people drive like ass.

#1282 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Quoted from calvin12:

According to the cop who stopped me there is.

This is taken straight from page 25 of the Illinois 2015 Rules of the Road book ...

You may pass on the right (but not on the shoulder except for authorized vehicles):

• When you have enough room on a two-lane roadway, and when the vehicle you are passing is making or is about to make a left turn.
• On a one-way street or on a roadway with two or more clear lanes in each direction.
• At an intersection widened for this purpose.

https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_a112.pdf

#1283 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is taken straight from page 25 of the Illinois 2015 Rules of the Road book ...
You may pass on the right (but not on the shoulder except for authorized vehicles):
• When you have enough room on a two-lane roadway, and when the vehicle you are passing is making or is about to make a left turn.
• On a one-way street or on a roadway with two or more clear lanes in each direction.
• At an intersection widened for this purpose.
https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_a112.pdf

I agree, but the cop didn't.

#1284 9 years ago

I have a nice TSPP. Anyone local interested in a trade let me know.

#1285 9 years ago

Anyone selling a SM?

#1286 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I agree, but the cop didn't.

Was it Dekalb that got you or Dekalb County? The latter can be pretty ruthless.

#1287 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Was it Dekalb that got you or Dekalb County? The latter can be pretty ruthless.

I was just east of dekalb, so either county out maybe maple park? It was a few years ago and since he let me go since my record was clean. I was just stunned I got pulled over rather than wasting gas sitting still being the car turning.

#1288 9 years ago

I have a Sharkey's Shootout I'm looking to sell. Game plays 100% and is in nice shape. some flipper button wear. Some crazing in the cabinet artwork (can be seen in the pictures). Cliffy on the scoop and the Black Widow target. Game was shopped before I got it and I've had it about 2 years. Still very clean. Link to pictures below.....$1500.....PM if you want any other pics taken and I can send those out to you......Thanks

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/cards2599/slideshow/Sharkeys%20Shootout

#1289 9 years ago

Who is selling at the coin op show in a couple weeks? If so, what is going to be there? Looking for an EM or early SS.

#1290 9 years ago

Wtb: TMNT in Time PCB

#1291 9 years ago

Ouch, that's an expensive pcb, 350-400 these days.

#1292 9 years ago

Anyone know how to take a twin Sega Super GT and convert to another racer. I thought I recall it being able to support another game with a PCB swap.

#1293 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Right? It's kind of stupid (not the game, the market value).

#1294 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I know right? I got my original tmnt arcade pcb for like $99 a while ago.

#1295 9 years ago

I came across a completely collapsed cabinet last summer in an old operator's barn. I kept trying to get the guy to let go of just the control panel and board but he wouldn't. He said it was a friend's but it had been sitting in his barn for ten years. I still call every now and then and leave a message. I've since found one, but if I ever hear back from him I'll let you know. You never know with these old guys.

#1296 9 years ago
Quoted from Aicfuel:

Who is selling at the coin op show in a couple weeks? If so, what is going to be there? Looking for an EM or early SS.

I would like to know too..

#1297 9 years ago

I'm starting to keep an eye out for my next project pin: Black Knight.
If anybody in the area has a real beater, let me know. Thanks!

Would be willing drive as far as St. Louis.

#1298 9 years ago

cowman57 just posted one in the MN/WI thread, no price though and he's pretty close to you.

#1299 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

cowman57 just posted one in the MN/WI thread, no price though and he's pretty close to you.

$800/offer

There are 12,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.