New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90537)

Chicago Trader/Seller Club

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,908 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 343 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 8908 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 179.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

anyone have a Bally Skill Roll for sale? Looking for one.

Tully has one. Not sure if he'd be interested in selling though.

#1203 5 years ago

sometimes, fawking about like this can land a good deal. Had it happen because the guy just wasn't good at dealing with FS things. If he wants it gone the easy way, might cut you a deal.

#1205 5 years ago

that says to me, that he knows how to buy, doesn't mean he knows how to sell.

#1206 5 years ago

Looks like he has a bid on it already on ebay.

#1209 5 years ago

I have a nice restored clearcoated and LED'd Earthshaker for trade, what do you guys have? Black Rose and Getaway would be cool.

#1210 5 years ago

Edited, wrong person

Nope, not him!

#1213 5 years ago

I have a Revenge from Mars $2500 in a SWE1 cab but I have the RFM decals.
Also an Elvira and the Party Monsters $2700

Located in Hampshire, just west of Elgin.

#1214 5 years ago

I have a Stern Viper in excellent condition for $2000. I can deliver within the greater Chicago area or can workout a pickup. The game is setup to play. I can send more photos if needed.

Stern Viper - Backglass.jpg Stern Viper - Playfield Detail 01.jpg Stern Viper - Playfield Detail 02.jpg Stern Viper - Playfield Lower.jpg Stern Viper - Playfield Middle.jpg Stern Viper - Playfield Motor.jpg
#1215 5 years ago

Does he send all his email with Capslock on?

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Does he send all his email with Capslock on?

No

#1217 5 years ago
#1218 5 years ago
#1219 5 years ago

This is an unfortunate scenario I wish had not panned out like this. Dealing on CL is such a PITA, I wish we could have just done it on here, which would have given me the chance to vet you and see that you are in the community. I have removed all my posts and requested others to delete the quotes as well. I didnt mean to cause any harm and officially apologize for any damage done. I understand if you need to go else where with your sale, no bad feelings. Dont even know if I could meet with you now face to face any ways, feel like a dick.

I have had several instances where people have had me come by, or set me up to come by, and then when I call the day of, they either sold for more or want more all of a sudden. Its made me gun shy honestly. Im going to stick with the guys I know and stay off CL for a while. Probably for my own good.

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This is an unfortunate scenario I wish had not panned out like this. Dealing on CL is such a PITA, I wish we could have just done it on here, which would have given me the chance to vet you and see that you are in the community. I have removed all my posts and requested others to delete the quotes as well. I didnt mean to cause any harm and officially apologize for any damage done. I understand if you need to go else where with your sale, no bad feelings. Dont even know if I could meet with you now face to face any ways, feel like a dick.
I have had several instances where people have had me come by, or set me up to come by, and then when I call the day of, they either sold for more or want more all of a sudden. Its made me gun shy honestly. Im going to stick with the guys I know and stay off CL for a while. Probably for my own good.

That was pretty nice of you to apologize and take down posts. It just sounds like you've been burned before. I've met Malikyemoon (I think) in a mutual friend's pinball league and seemed like a real nice guy and his love for pinball and the work he has put into the SOF made it sound like a real nice pin.
Sounds like Malikyemoon had a real stressful weekend as well.
You guys should get together and move on. Sounds like you both have a lot of passion for the game, just some bad timing.

#1221 5 years ago

For whatever reason, this hobby makes people nuts at times (self included). Just follow KKLANK's advice to hug it out and make the deal. Pinball shouldn't have to be this stressful.

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That was pretty nice of you to apologize and take down posts. It just sounds like you've been burned before. I've met Malikyemoon (I think) in a mutual friend's pinball league and seemed like a real nice guy and his love for pinball and the work he has put into the SOF made it sound like a real nice pin.
Sounds like Malikyemoon had a real stressful weekend as well.
You guys should get together and move on. Sounds like you both have a lot of passion for the game, just some bad timing.

I couldn't have said it better myself and was thinking the same thing. I never took what chitownpinball said as discrediting of the seller, but more that he was unsure of him, which is to be expected when you are dealing with someone you do not know. We've all been there. I agree that they should still get together and make the deal happen. Us Aurora folk need to stick together!

#1223 5 years ago

Stand up thing to do here!!! Thought this would drag out... Don't often see someone admit they are wrong... For reference I have met mike before off of Craigslist and we did a trade plus cash for games... He forgot the lock down bar for Capersville and said he would send in the mail... Truthfully I thought I would never see since it was a random guy off craigslist but he stuck to his word and UPS'd it to me. Hope you guys can work something out! Dan

#1224 5 years ago

Chitownpinball is a good guy. Hope you guys can work something out.

#1225 5 years ago

Good points all. I will reach out to Chitownpinball after work. I was a little put off obviously at first.

Dan - nice to hear from ya! Your Special Force got a lot of play at the expo last year (one of a few I brought for free play) until they fried the left flipper It eventually went to a new home (cool theme, but I couldn't help getting irritated every time I played it).

Yes, I am also in the CPA league.

Small world - extra communication does help prevent misunderstandings.

Flip-on everyone!

#1226 5 years ago

Anyone got a Big Hurt they want to sell? I missed the one the other day...argh

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Anyone got a Big Hurt they want to sell? I missed the one the other day...argh

i think i know who snagged that up

#1228 5 years ago

That Stern Viper looks pretty awesome. Never seen one before!

#1229 5 years ago

UPDATE: Everything went great. Mike is a cool dude and I am pleased with my purchase. Would definitely do business with him again. Hell, we might even hang out some time!

Proud owner of a SOF!

#1230 5 years ago

Now that's a happy f*****g ending!

#1232 5 years ago

UPDATE: Everything went great. Mike is a cool dude and I am pleased with my purchase. Would definitely do business with him again. Hell, we might even hang out some time!
Proud owner of a SOF!

Very cool!!!!

#1233 5 years ago

LIONMAN is everywhere!!!!

#1234 5 years ago

Locating in Indianapolis, but not too far. Debating putting my Batman Forever Up For trade only. Has a smart dmd installed, full flipper rebuild, and just installed a nos translite.
Looking for SMB, SF2, RBION, Routed LOTR, STTNG, Pinball Magic, Stargate or player's grade FH.
Oh, and a really nice JP with topper.

#1235 5 years ago

Proud owner of a SOF!

Hey that's great stuff. Good for you guys!

#1236 5 years ago

This is an unfortunate scenario I wish had not panned out like this. Dealing on CL is such a PITA, I wish we could have just done it on here, which would have given me the chance to vet you and see that you are in the community. I have removed all my posts and requested others to delete the quotes as well. I didnt mean to cause any harm and officially apologize for any damage done. I understand if you need to go else where with your sale, no bad feelings. Dont even know if I could meet with you now face to face any ways, feel like a dick

Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I will reach out to Chitownpinball after work. I was a little put off obviously at first

you became "those guys"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8xksflsmcpmhsr/arcade_outsiders_strange_pinball_transaction.mp3?dl=0

#1237 5 years ago

Funny stuff I appreciate all the responses and messages. Dan is a cool guy also, and I keep in touch with pinball lovers local enough to be added to the list for pinball parties Stay tuned!

On another note: I have a friend selling a collectors quality, customized Scared Stiff so he can purchase a different pin. High end pricing, but well worth it. If you are looking for one, please shoot me a msg.

#1238 5 years ago

Have a mint HUO T3 that I could be interested trading for the right title...pin is in perfect condition & zero mechanical issues...flippers recently rebuilt & recent shop job...LEDs in GI & backbox...I paid $3k for it.

Let me know if anyone is interested & what titles you have...thanks!

#1239 5 years ago

This is just awesome to read and hear! Us local guys need to stick together and work out communication issues - just like the two of you did and set a great example. Chicago area rocks!!

And Lionman rocks too!!!

#1241 5 years ago

I know inviting yourself is pretty tacky, but if there are pinball parties going on, I'd love an invite. I promise to bring beer and pizza!

And Malikye, I think I emailed you about that SoF but you said it had already sold to a local pinsider. Glad it found a good home!

#1242 5 years ago

Do they even have pinball parties in Iowa? Thought it was just corn gatherings?

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Do they even have pinball parties in Iowa? Thought it was just corn gatherings?

Right?

I'm not an Iowan, though. Iowish? Iowite? I'm a transplant; military and located in the Quad Cities which is right on the border of Iowa and Illinois. I can get up to Chicago easily enough. Headquarters is nice, but it's always so crowded on the weekends. I've been meaning to check out that new Level 256 place too.

Honestly though, aside from Chicago, Illinois isn't any less farm-y.

#1244 5 years ago

yea, I know, as soon as you go west a little bit, it's nothing but flat ass boring cornfields. Yet, there are still people driving slow as shit that you can't get around. Go figure.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yet, there are still people driving slow as shit that you can't get around.

Not me. I once got clocked on I55 going 127 mph. Not one of my brighter moments.

#1246 5 years ago

that just says you belong up here in WI. Because most of IL can't drive for shit.

#1247 5 years ago

I do intend to get up to WI in a few weeks. I saw there's a convention of some sorts going on the weekend of the 9th that's not too far from Chi-town.

#1248 5 years ago

come on chitown, you know it's shitty to drive down in IL. personally, I don't know how you guys handle it on a daily basis. And that bullshit, not being able to pass on the right when someone is turning left. Holy crap is that a bullshit setup. Just backs up traffic for 5 miles for one guy turning left.

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

come on chitown, you know it's shitty to drive down in IL. personally, I don't know how you guys handle it on a daily basis. And that bullshit, not being able to pass on the right when someone is turning left. Holy crap is that a bullshit setup. Just backs up traffic for 5 miles for one guy turning left.

What are you talking about? What bullshit setup?

#1250 5 years ago

Heading toward Davenport/Bettendorf tomorrow. Look out, about 1000 Parrotheads taking over your riverfront tomorrow/ tomorrow night.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 58.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 275.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 8908 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 179.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside