FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,113 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 243.
#8501 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not sure how anyone gets a free pass selling on here and not expected to be called to the table for no pics and never plugging it in. The amount of time it takes to plug in a machine and snap a few pics isn't much longer than it takes to post a for sale post saying you have a machine for sale, which he did (twice it looks like, with a price increase between postings).

You don't know the story behind it. For all you know he bought it from a customer that had it sitting for 10 years. While many a hobbyist would simply take the chance and plug it in, if you're running a for profit business you probably wouldn't take the risk. If a game sits, it could have bad bridge rectifiers, it could have battery acid damage, it could have something plugged back in wrong. To really evaluate a game the right thing to do is unplug every board and boot with just the transformer, but again this is invested time.. and by the sounds of it he has a lot of projects and just wanted to sell this as-is.

#8502 3 years ago

I’m pro-mike, I’d almost say there’s love

#8503 3 years ago

It’s so fucking hard to not buy something you don’t want!!

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

He can be nice as pie. People tend to be very nice when they are screwing you over. This was a 2500 dollar freddy aka pinside estimated price that he didn't even bother to plug in. Just about anyone on here will bend over backwards if you are going to pay going rate for an average game (not mint, just average) while receiving a total unknown project. So who cares how nice he is.

Well, you are certainly living up to your name.

GAP's exact post: "I have a unshopped Freddy Kruger. Has playfield wear near flippers. not sure if it works or not. I'll try to plug it in this weekend to give a better discription. $2500 as is"

Did you completely skip over the fact that he said he will try and plug it in to get a better descrition? Do you really think if you messaged him and asked for pictures or what happened when you plugged it in, that he would tell you no, you have to buy it blind? How is he screwing anyone over? So your "receiving a total unknown project" it a complete pile of dung.

I am pretty sure no one here on pinside would just blindly offer up their $2500 without a bit more information. Yet that is exactly what you are claiming would happen. If you are going to try and tear someone down, have some real just cause.

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Not sure if that was a win or loose for Mike on that one. Lol

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if that was a win or loose for Mike on that one. Lol

Well, if he’s already loose, let’s party

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Well, if he’s already loose, let’s party

Seriously, why can’t Everyone on this forum have the same attitude and joy of life you share? It’s a fricken Awesome hobby, not a competition (unless your in the pinball Olympics) or a contest. Live life like bangerjay and be happy!

#8508 3 years ago

working players x files if anyones intrested

#8509 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seriously, why can’t Everyone on this forum have the same attitude and joy of life you share? It’s a fricken Awesome hobby, not a competition (unless your in the pinball Olympics) or a contest. Live life like bangerjay and be happy!

Most don’t have the liver strength or butthole fortitude. I mean... we may try but this takes years of practice.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Chitown.
We are giving you permission to post the email thread where we recommend Kurt from Hemispheres to do the restorations for you at that time that we were too busy. We sent the entire email thread to you. We give you permission to post it! We were polite and nice and tried to help you out. Then when you said Kurt was backed up, you asked for another person in the area and we mentioned Rich Huff, a guy who does restorations in the area. I don't know Rich's work, but he was another guy in the area. As for the Volcano, you offered $650.00 and I probably declined the offer. We do appreciate offers, but we did not accept your offer, because of what we had into the game. Sometimes we can sometimes we can't.
At this time, We appreciate the Chicago pinball community, but will not be posting in the Chicago sellers forum anymore for unshopped games. Those that are looking for unshopped games send me a pm and I will put you on a list. We should be getting in 20 unshopped in the next month and I will not be able to get to all of them. There should be b and c titles in there that I do not want.
If anyone wants to check out our feedback rating and how we treat people it can be found here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/gap/feedback
We wish the Chicago Pinball Community the best and see most of your around the shows, at the shop or at our parties.
Thanks and have fun playing pinball.
GAP

Thanks for encouraging me to rate your business based on our experience Mike!

#8511 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You don't know the story behind it.

Nobody knows the story behind it. Not even the seller! Plug it in. Take a picture for God's sake. How can you quote a price for something that the seller doesn't even know about. It's like we are on the set of let's make a deal and nobody knows what's behind the curtain.

GAPs friends can rationalize it all they want, but is bizarre business practice plain and simple.

#8512 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

GAPs friends can rationalize it all they want, but is bizarre business practice plain and simple

Not a friend, I might have met him once at a pinball meetup. Just saying people make a lot of assumptions, and because everyone dogpiled he left this thread.

#8513 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Nobody knows the story behind it. Not even the seller! Plug it in. Take a picture for God's sake. How can you quote a price for something that the seller doesn't even know about. It's like we are on the set of let's make a deal and nobody knows what's behind the curtain.
GAPs friends can rationalize it all they want, but is bizarre business practice plain and simple.

Honestly, despite my bad experience with GAP it looks like he is using his hard work on finding deals to flip a machine that's too beat up for him to bother fixing it up. Yes, he is a business. Yes, he needs to pay his rent, employees, and himself. The market will cause him to lower his price if it's ridiculous. He has posted several deals in the past, including one somewhat recently about stools. That's literally the market sorting out ridiculous prices.

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I agree...People that don't think he is reasonable have obviously never dealt with him personally. Probably making assumptions based on zero data or real world interaction. BTW negotiable does not mean he has to accept every offer.

I lived less than a mile from his business for several years. He is a guy running a business, and if he was as far out of line that some seem to think, he wouldn't have that business very long in the Chicago area.

#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I lived less than a mile from his business for several years. He is a guy running a business, and if he was as far out of line that some seem to think, he wouldn't have that business very long in the Chicago area.

You've convinced me. Fuck it. I'll buy a pinball machine priced at the going rate that hasn't been plugged in.

#8516 3 years ago

Guys, it's not hard. Someone posts a game(s) with varying amounts of info and varying numbers of pictures, if any. The onus is 100% on the buyer to either be satisfied with the info and pics in order to make a purchase, or to obtain the information and pics needed to satisfy your requirements to make a purchase. If you, as a buyer, don't feel comfortable with the information given or the pictures supplied, then you can just move along. It's pretty simple, and is pretty much every "Hey, I've got X machine I'm going to list soon. PM me if interested."

Now lets get back to more of those "hey I've got X machine" posts.

#8517 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You've convinced me. Fuck it. I'll buy a pinball machine priced at the going rate that hasn't been plugged in.

You’re just not getting the point that’s been made at least a dozen times thus far. Are you being intentionally obtuse? It’s difficult to believe you’ve been in the hobby for twelve years and can’t rationalize this particular scenario. Lol If I were interested in the Freddy I would contact Mike and ask questions. Then I would drive over and take a look at it myself. Assuming I liked what I saw I would make an offer. He would then accept or counter. The fact that it was listed without a completed shop job is irrelevant. Every distributor in the business does this. No one has time to go over everything they come across.

#8518 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Guys, it's not hard.
Now lets get back to more of those "hey I've got X machine" posts.

Agreed ^

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Well, you are certainly living up to your name.
GAP's exact post: "I have a unshopped Freddy Kruger. Has playfield wear near flippers. not sure if it works or not. I'll try to plug it in this weekend to give a better discription. $2500 as is"
Did you completely skip over the fact that he said he will try and plug it in to get a better descrition? Do you really think if you messaged him and asked for pictures or what happened when you plugged it in, that he would tell you no, you have to buy it blind? How is he screwing anyone over? So your "receiving a total unknown project" it a complete pile of dung.
I am pretty sure no one here on pinside would just blindly offer up their $2500 without a bit more information. Yet that is exactly what you are claiming would happen. If you are going to try and tear someone down, have some real just cause.

Sorry are you lacking some reading comprehension skills?

It is as-is. Regardless of what happens when GAP plugs it in, its 2500. The fact that he may bother to later (and it does say may, aka a certainty) does not change that it is a total unknown Freddy for 2500. The best outcome here is that you contact him and it turns out to work and be in decent shape in which case congrats you did a bunch of legwork to get a Freddy at going rate.

Also, if I have to be curt to live up to my name so be it. The fanboys on here that will defend lazy sellers is ridiculous.

#8520 3 years ago

Damn this thread is stupid.

#8521 3 years ago

Guys, enough of the bickering. This is supposed to be a friendly thread for the purpose of buying and selling games within the Chicago area.

#8522 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Guys, enough of the bickering. This is supposed to be a friendly thread for the purpose of buying and selling games within the Chicago area.

Agree with this...Although, this thread has been mostly dead. So any posts are welcomed.

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Completely agree, now sell me that beautiful Tommy you have!

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Agree with this...Although, this thread has been mostly dead. So any posts are welcomed.

I think that speaks volumes. People are selling else where. Usually within their friend/friends of friends groups. I know I have been.

Let me help get back on topic:

I've got a bunch of Mario Andretti translites. I also have some Shaqs as well. Let me know if any one is interested in a trade. I'll consider anything pinball or arcade related. Ill even ship if its worth it. Ive got tubes.

#8525 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It is as-is. Regardless of what happens when GAP plugs it in, its 2500. The fact that he may bother to later (and it does say may, aka a certainty) does not change that it is a total unknown Freddy for 2500. The best outcome here is that you contact him and it turns out to work and be in decent shape in which case congrats you did a bunch of legwork to get a Freddy at going rate

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Yes, right now it is an unknown machine for $2500. It's called gauging interest, pretty simple concept. Then, you pick up the phone, email, ride a horse , or call an Uber to do your homework to get more information so it is NO LONGER AN UNKNOWN. Then based on this information, you decide what you think it's worth and make an offer. Still with me here or do you want to continue with the bullshit line that someone is being forced to blindly make a $2500 purchase?

Common sense overrules the bullshit you are trying to pawn off here. You are doing a great job of making yourself look just like your nickname.

#8526 3 years ago

Anyone looking to move a pristine Munsters LE? Thanks, be safe!

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Yes, right now it is an unknown machine for $2500. It's called gauging interest, pretty simple concept. Then, you pick up the phone, email, ride a horse , or call an Uber to do your homework to get more information so it is NO LONGER AN UNKNOWN. Then based on this information, you decide what you think it's worth and make an offer. Still with me here or do you want to continue with the bullshit line that someone is being forced to blindly make a $2500 purchase?
Common sense overrules the bullshit you are trying to pawn off here. You are doing a great job of making yourself look just like your nickname.

Mod already said to stop. Let it go. We can butt heads again next time as you love to do when I post.

#8528 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Mod already said to stop. Let it go. We can butt heads again next time as you love to do when I post.

Lol you said Butt Heads..

Pinball related. Anyone in the drivable area considering a sale on a nice Diner Pin I would be interested. Been searching for a while just hoping to find a cash buy local. Thanks

#8529 3 years ago

I'll get us back on topic - gimme dem titties

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for an Elvira within a few hours of Chicago. I can trade or pay cash.”
2020-07-28
Algonquin, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 17 days
Viewed: 109 times

#8530 3 years ago

Somebody please post something for sale to end this topic!

#8531 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyone looking to move a pristine Munsters LE? Thanks, be safe!

I am

#8532 3 years ago

Your game is beyond pristine that would be a good buy to someone.

#8533 3 years ago

Quick, someone post a Medusa or Diner in this thread for me to buy before I'm not allowed in Illinois! (or however that works )

Rearranged my basement in a fit of pandemic boredom and now have space.

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from Paulb:

working players x files if anyones intrested

I am interested, can you shoo t me some pictures.

The Truth is Out There

rob

#8535 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hey, it's been a while......but it's so much fun.

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I am interested, can you shoo t me some pictures.
The Truth is Out There
rob

I don't get the much hate for this game, it's a tight shooter. I like it.

#8537 3 years ago

Perhaps we direct this anger towards the jagbags on Craigslist. The ones asking outlandish prices for years for the same shit. Let’s bombard them them with the lowball offers, dislodge some more games

#8538 3 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Geez I thought there might be some games for sale with all the action on this thread..... leave GAP alone! I've done more transactions with GAP than any other individual on this thread and I have no complaints... Not sure why all the fuss... not sure much has changed on here from GAP since thread started.

I also purchased several project games from Mike at a great price several years ago. He was even kind enough to take me on a trip to meet an operator in the area whom I ended up purchasing several truck loads of games from over the next couple years after that. Can't get any better then that!

#8539 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Perhaps we direct this anger towards the jagbags on Craigslist. The ones asking outlandish prices for years for the same shit. Let’s bombard them them with the lowball offers, dislodge some more games

Got any clown heads?

#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Get off of pinside and get my games ready!!

After reading all this drama, i dont know if im able to post my games for sale here or not. Whats funny, those complaining the most about Mike right now are either out of state and wouldnt drive for the game, or no interest in a freddy, and in either case, really just here to bitch.

For those that are looking for games, Ive got about 20 ready to go and will be driving up 39/51 to rockford, then over to Kenosha, and then down into Chicago this friday (July 31st)So if your wanting one of them, i have room in the trailer

Not going to post the list here since i dont have for sale post for them (will donate to pinside if one sells from the post) So if you want, send me a text and ill reply back with the list and prices

Troy
217-201-2903

#8541 3 years ago

Wouldn’t it just be easier to be a little more nice to each other. The world is full of enough hate and anger.

Have a nice day everyone

#8542 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

hot man love?

#8543 3 years ago

I've got a Gottlieb Royal Guard I'm going to list soon if anyone is interested. Works 100%, new legs and levelers, Titan Rings, Comet 2SMD Sunlight in the GI and backbox, inserts are still incandescent, rebuilt flippers, new flipper bats, all mechs cleaned and resleeved, pops were rebuilt, backglass has touchup on the reds, but otherwise looks good. Solid cabinet, bottom board was replaced. A little bit of wear on the pf but looks good. The game is pictured on IPDB. Plays fast.

#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've got a Gottlieb Royal Guard I'm going to list soon if anyone is interested. Works 100%, new legs and levelers, Titan Rings, Comet 2SMD Sunlight in the GI and backbox, inserts are still incandescent, rebuilt flippers, new flipper bats, all mechs cleaned and resleeved, pops were rebuilt, backglass has touchup on the reds, but otherwise looks good. Solid cabinet, bottom board was replaced. A little bit of wear on the pf but looks good. The game is pictured on IPDB. Plays fast.

Quy is a great dude and seller. Can vouch for his honesty and straightfwd shooter.

#8545 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The game is pictured on IPDB.

Just to clarify that it is my game (last set of pictures) that is on IPDB.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2037

#8546 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Way to go, whiners.

Good for us dude that like the rare pins, I got Stargazer and Voltan from Mike n got lucky he didn’t posted here before I saw it!!! Voltan was not working but was just bad coil Stargazer in great original condition. Yes mike don’t post here!!!

#8547 3 years ago

Haha, good point.

#8548 3 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

Good for us dude that like the rare pins, I got Stargazer and Voltan from Mike n got lucky he didn’t posted here before I saw it!!! Voltan was not working but was just bad coil Stargazer in great original condition. Yes mike don’t post here!!!

Yeah I love it.
Mike I think you should just pm me first so I can snatch up all the good deals!

#8549 3 years ago

I have a nice fully working Williams Straight flush for sale. New rubber. $650

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have a nice 100% working Williams Straight flush Spinner works great. Score reels move nice and fast. Has back panel, and both locks. Very clean and solid all around. Flippe...”
2020-07-30
Burlington, WI
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 276 times

#8550 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah I love it.
Mike I think you should just pm me first so I can snatch up all the good deals!

Just got a screaming deal on an unshopped, unchecked Secret Service from GAP today. Always find it funny that people complain there aren't any deals, put down your sippy cup and pick up your phone!

There are 12,113 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/171?hl=pinaddikt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.