FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 241.
#8101 4 years ago

I just got a really nice Rollergames. Already LED'd out (the correct way with white) and remote battery already installed. Super nice cabinet, mint translite, and really nice playfield. Fully working.

#8102 4 years ago

Project Bally Nitro Ground Shaker . I own an auto shop and I traded work/labor for the machine. Is has a beautiful backglass, very nice playfield with minor wear along the bonus thousands. Lower cabinet has chipping on lower back and the backbox is solid, BUT someone screwed the lower left corner(facing the back box) together. It was neatly done, so a proper wood glue job would make it just fine. Back box outer frame painted black(why?) You see this a lot on this machine and Kiss.

No flashes on the MPU(have tested nothing), some corrosion from original battery. Not too bad, very repairable.

$650 Firm.

#8103 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Project Bally Nitro Ground Shaker . I own an auto shop and I traded work/labor for the machine. Is has a beautiful backglass, very nice playfield with minor wear along the bonus thousands. Lower cabinet has chipping on lower back and the backbox is solid, BUT someone screwed the lower left corner(facing the back box) together. It was neatly done, so a proper wood glue job would make it just fine. Back box outer frame painted black(why?) You see this a lot on this machine and Kiss.
No flashes on the MPU(have tested nothing), some corrosion from original battery. Not too bad, very repairable.
$650 Firm.

Damn that's a good deal.

#8104 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Damn that's a good deal.

Sure WAS, SOLD!

#8105 4 years ago

Hey Guys..
Not a for sale item but did anyone see the Bally KISS for sale in Grayslake? It is already sold but what struck me was the pic of the inside of the backbox.
WTF is that board?
Anyone??
Sorry just now realized I can't post pics unless its an ad.
Weird looking monster board with a keypad

Mike

#8107 4 years ago

That's a prototype talking kiss pinball machine.. rare. I had one once

#8108 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Damn I wish I had saw the ad earlier. I wonder who got the machine. Would love to hear that.
Thanks
Mike

#8109 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I started a topic with a pic of the board. Topic "Any help with strange monster board in Bally KISS" It's under Bally/Williams
Mike

#8110 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

now I want to see that board.

I started a topic with a pic of the board. Topic "Any help with strange monster board in Bally KISS" It's under Bally/Williams
Mike

#8111 4 years ago

So that Kiss that was on CL yesterday... I put a small($50) deposit down on it to hold and pick up today at noon. I've bought lots of games over the years, this one didn't seem much different. Guy was very responsive. Gave me an address, full name and email for Chase Quickpay of the deposit. All pretty normal. Today, doesn't respond to my text in the am confirming noon still works. Couple hours roll by and I text when I leave knowing this shit might not go down but still gonna chance it. I make the hour twenty drive to Grayslake and get to the house. Mailbox overflowing, lockbox on door, all window blinds closed. Knew right away the dude wasn't who he said he was nor was the Kiss real. Knocked on the doors, called, texted... nadda. Drove home Kissless, but still got to make a trip to Pinball life and get some time in on Rick and Morty so wasn't a complete waste of a day!

#8112 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Drove home Kissless, but still got to make a trip to Pinball life and get some time in on Rick and Morty so wasn't a complete waste of a day!

There's a Rick and Morty in the Chicagoland area? I checked out the Pinball Life website... doesn't look like the public is allowed to just go there and play, but good to know either way.

#8113 4 years ago

Yeah I believe it's Scott's proto #1. I would bet you could play it if you threw $5 per game on the glass or had a nice parts order to pick up

#8114 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

There's a Rick and Morty in the Chicagoland area? I checked out the Pinball Life website... doesn't look like the public is allowed to just go there and play, but good to know either way.

If you are there picking up an order, he will usually let you put a few games on the machines while you are waiting.

#8115 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Yeah I believe it's Scott's proto #1. I would bet you could play it if you threw $5 per game on the glass or had a nice parts order to pick up

Time to put in an order for some PinGulp Beverage Caddy's! In all seriousness... Huntly is a fuggin drive for me, and I heard Brixies in Brookfield is getting Rick and Morty (Blood Sucker Edition) number 18, although I have been trying to confirm that with no luck thus far.

#8116 4 years ago

I have a nice Cue Ball Wizard up for sale. Slightly interested in a trade. Would really like to find a Dr. Dude. Near Joliet.

mope

Added over 4 years ago:

Sold

#8117 4 years ago
Quoted from SlightlySnaked:

Time to put in an order for some PinGulp Beverage Caddy's! In all seriousness... Huntly is a fuggin drive for me, and I heard Brixies in Brookfield is getting Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) number 18, although I have been trying to confirm that with no luck thus far.

Rob has said as much, so I would expect it to be there soon.

#8118 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If you are there picking up an order, he will usually let you put a few games on the machines while you are waiting.

Yeah I should clarify I dropped in for some parts and jumped on RnM while the order was being put together.

#8119 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Rob has said as much, so I would expect it to be there soon.

Nice. Wasn't totally sure with their recent acquisition by Imperial Oak, and if you look on there Facebook/Twitter, you wouldn't even know they have five great pins.

#8120 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

So that Kiss that was on CL yesterday... I put a small($50) deposit down on it to hold and pick up today at noon. I've bought lots of games over the years, this one didn't seem much different. Guy was very responsive. Gave me an address, full name and email for Chase Quickpay of the deposit. All pretty normal. Today, doesn't respond to my text in the am confirming noon still works. Couple hours roll by and I text when I leave knowing this shit might not go down but still gonna chance it. I make the hour twenty drive to Grayslake and get to the house. Mailbox overflowing, lockbox on door, all window blinds closed. Knew right away the dude wasn't who he said he was nor was the Kiss real. Knocked on the doors, called, texted... nadda. Drove home Kissless, but still got to make a trip to Pinball life and get some time in on Rick and Morty so wasn't a complete waste of a day!

thats why i would never put down a deposit. if someone beats me to it, it wasnt meant to be. i guess you can be glad they only scammed you out of $50.

#8121 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

thats why i would never put down a deposit. if someone beats me to it, it wasnt meant to be. i guess you can be glad they only scammed you out of $50.

I'm not too concerned about it, sure I can get it reversed. I sometimes do small deposits just to show I'm a committed buyer when that's questioned, which it was. What's odd is they must be an actual Chase customer. Going to call the fraud department here in a bit.

#8122 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I'm not too concerned about it, sure I can get it reversed. I sometimes do small deposits just to show I'm a committed buyer when that's questioned, which it was. What's odd is they must be an actual Chase customer. Going to call the fraud department here in a bit.

Guys
After I posted about that KiSS, you will see that GAP replied that he had one back in the day. Being more curious, I did a quick search on Pinside and found GAP's post about his game. While looking at the pics...lo and behold there was the same pic of the boards from the CL ad that I saw earlier. I wish I would have put 2 and 2 together and saved Simplykind the 50 bucks and the gas.

Either way it was a cool article about the KISS that GAP had, wish there was video of it playing.
Mike

#8123 4 years ago

I am looking for a Kiss Premium (or LE if price is right). Stern topper, mods would be preferred. Willing to drive a few hpurs from Chicago area to pick up

#8124 4 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Guys
After I posted about that KiSS, you will see that GAP replied that he had one back in the day. Being more curious, I did a quick search on Pinside and found GAP's post about his game. While looking at the pics...lo and behold there was the same pic of the boards from the CL ad that I saw earlier. I wish I would have put 2 and 2 together and saved Simplykind the 50 bucks and the gas.
Either way it was a cool article about the KISS that GAP had, wish there was video of it playing.
Mike

I did a reverse image search on the main image, not all of them though. Next time!

#8125 4 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Sadly, stealing images for fake ads is becoming more and more common. Always do a reverse image search. You may not find a match even if the ad is fake, but often you will. Scammers have a tendency to just grab images directly from older posts and ads. We recently had a Pinsider that got taken for nearly $9k. The scammer took the image of the box directly from an old Pinside ad. All they did was photoshop the name of the game and the serial number.

I urge everyone to use extreme caution when sending anyone money. If you feel like you need to put down a deposit, try to fund it with a credit card if possible. That way the bank will at least have your back if it turns out to be a scam. I also highly recommend that you talk to the person on the phone BEFORE you send them any money. If they won't talk on the phone and insist on texts or email, then I'd be highly suspect. Most importantly, always go with your gut. If the deal seems too good to be true, there's a good chance that it is.

#8126 4 years ago

Google and facebook are your friend as it relates to information. Get as much information from the person and most of the time you can find out information on who you are dealing with and verify if a person is real or if it is a scam by searching the web. I do a lot of online business and I come across deals that seem shady, but check out ok. Sorry you got scammed!

#8127 4 years ago

Reverse the charge on your deposit? Did you use PayPal?

#8128 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Project Xenon Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Project Xenon for sale. I've spent a lot of time overhauling this project but have since lost interest as other projects are taking priority and I want some space back. Great bone...”
2020-02-21
Algonquin, IL
Archived after: 53 days
Viewed: 817 times

#8129 4 years ago

Recently I had a similiar situation. Found a machine I wanted to buy, made all the plans and he asked to send a deposit. Something was off, so I asked him to write todays date on a piece of paper and my name and take a picture on the machine with it. Hilarity ensued. He got sooooo pissed off. He eventually did what I asked, but you could tell it was photoshopped. I strung him along for a good time. Even said I sent the paypal deposit and created a fake receipt with the return address as "Your Moms House" and he totally never noticed. I had a good laugh after I pointed it out. Keep your guard up. Lots of these popping up lately.

#8130 4 years ago

Not Pinball but I have a friend looking to part with a paul boizelle "52" game of skill pool type game. I will post as an ad but wanted to see if there would be any interest here first.
Mike

#8131 4 years ago

Not a scam story but a theft story.

I opened up an arcade in Aurora, and a friend was going to give me a basement rec room Surf Champ. She pulled it from her summer home and unloaded it behind her shop. I was on the way over (10 min drive) to pick it up with my van. In that time a scrapper stole it and drove off.

I was so excited to get it and just to have some butt steal it sucks. We watch all the sale sites pretty religiously and it never popped up. My heart still races every time I see a local Surf Champ listed.

#8132 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtybones:

I opened up an arcade in Aurora, and a friend was going to give me a basement rec room Surf Champ. She pulled it from her summer home and unloaded it behind her shop. I was on the way over (10 min drive) to pick it up with my van. In that time a scrapper stole it and drove off.
I was so excited to get it and just to have some butt steal it sucks. We watch all the sale sites pretty religiously and it never popped up. My heart still races every time I see a local Surf Champ listed.

She put a game loaded with copper in the alley behind the shop and you were surprised someone took it? Hate to say it but if I was driving by I might have done the same. Why couldn’t she wait till you got there 10 minutes?

#8133 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

She put a game loaded with copper in the alley behind the shop and you were surprised someone took it? Hate to say it but if I was driving by I might have done the same. Why couldn’t she wait till you got there 10 minutes?

Ya. Not going to lie, if I saw it behind a shop along an alley etc I'd have probably taken it too.

#8134 4 years ago

If I saw a pinball machine by a dumpster.....or remotely near a dumpster I would snatch it for fear that a scrapper would just gut it and scrap it. May not be the smartest idea....but I would act first, ask questions later. Totally sucks, but totally not surprised.

#8135 4 years ago

Price lowered on my Cue Ball Wizard. Come and get it!

Added over 4 years ago:

SOLD

#8136 4 years ago

I just listed my Johnny Mnemonic for sale. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Machine - For Sale
Johnny Mnemonic Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I'm selling my Johnny Mnemonic. This is a nice example, with everything fully functional, playfield with mylar in good shape (no noticeable wear spots), and a pretty unfaded left s...”
2020-02-22
Madison, WI
Archived after: 757 days
Viewed: 497 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8137 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtybones:

If a local scrapper picked it up, you will never see it on CL or OfferUp! That thing has been sold to the recycling plant for $25 and destroyed. Especially if there was copper inside

#8138 4 years ago

refurbished congo for sale/trade

#8139 4 years ago
Quoted from Paulb:

refurbished congo for sale/trade

Please create an ad for this game. All games over $3k require it. Thanks!

#8140 4 years ago

Or I could just take it off his hands for $2,999.

#8141 4 years ago

Ball Bongo EM for sale

Nice backglass. Pf wear.
Come and get it for $350

#8142 4 years ago

live in chicago own flash and eight ball

#8143 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ball Bongo EM for sale
Nice backglass. Pf wear.
Come and get it for $350

ad up now so linking for those that have asked

Machine - For Sale
Bongo Archived
As is - “Bally Bongo; 2 player 1964 Seems pretty rare as this is the only one I have ever seen for sale and researching does not provide much more info on past sales. This is a Perfect ch...”
2020-02-25
Madison, WI
350 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 458 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8144 4 years ago

Bongo backglass alone is probably worth $250. And people say there are no more good deals!

#8145 4 years ago

Williams Space Station. Could use a shop. Asking $2000 or trade for another Sys 11

#8146 4 years ago

Might have a Nice DE JP up for trade soon. Just got it up and running fully, and did the Flipper board upgrade to it. Freshly rebuilt flippers. Very nice unfaded cabinet.

#8147 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Might have a Nice DE JP up for trade soon. Just got it up and running fully, and did the Flipper board upgrade to it. Freshly rebuilt flippers. Very nice unfaded cabinet.

What is the flipper board upgrade

#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

if you have the -03 flipper board. It is prone to having problems if the EOS switch is having connection issues, the lower flippers will stop working. You have to add 4 caps, 2 diodes from a service bulletin from DE. And cut a trace. Took a little bit to do, but wasn't horrible.

#8149 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you have the -03 flipper board. It is prone to having problems if the EOS switch is having connection issues, the lower flippers will stop working. You have to add 4 caps, 2 diodes from a service bulletin from DE. And cut a trace. Took a little bit to do, but wasn't horrible.

...and now I know. Interesting!

#8150 4 years ago

I think it's service bulletin 25 or 49 or something like that. I can track it down if you want. The bulletin was mentioned in Clays guide in the DE section about the flipper control board sections.

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.