FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 243.
#7451 4 years ago

Im live with Pool Sharks, come check it out. Ill drop the price tonight.

https://www.twitch.tv/nouseorname

#7452 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If I agree to sell at a price, I sell it at that price. If after I hang up the phone someone else offers more, I honor my original agreement.
When I bought my Bally Playboy, which was HUO, the guy wanted $400 I gave him twice that, since its was worth far more then even that. The guy was quite surprised but to me it was the right thing to do.
Maybe I am old fashioned in doing things this way, I guess it was how I was raised. Be true to your word. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Amen brother. Especially on "If I agree to sell at a price, I sell it at that price. If after I hang up the phone someone else offers more, I honor my original agreement." Real simple, are you a dick or are you an honest person? Unfortunately, running into a lot of dicks in this hobby lately. Which is why I choose to hang with the honest people. I'd rather lose $500 then do business with a dick. Just sayin.

#7453 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Amen brother. Especially on "If I agree to sell at a price, I sell it at that price. If after I hang up the phone someone else offers more, I honor my original agreement." Real simple, are you a dick or are you an honest person? Unfortunately, running into a lot of dicks in this hobby lately. Which is why I choose to hang with the honest people. I'd rather lose $500 then do business with a dick. Just sayin.

I laughed out loud at “id rather lose $500 then do business with a dick”.

#7454 4 years ago

Pool Sharks is sold pending pickup. Now to get this Shadow looking sexy!

#7455 4 years ago

Hey all, I have a MET Pro LED run from last year. Thinking of swapping/trading for a Deadpool Pro. MET has a color DMD and is tastefully modded. Would that be a close to even trade for a used DP Pro? On the fence for this, but wanted to know if I was out of my mind.

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hey all, I have a MET Pro LED run from last year. Thinking of swapping/trading for a Deadpool Pro. MET has a color DMD and is tastefully modded. Would that be a close to even trade for a used DP Pro? On the fence for this, but wanted to know if I was out of my mind.

I'd say yes it's a fair trade imo.

#7457 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I agree snowman!

#7458 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I agree snowman!

The pinnacle of integrity here

#7459 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

The pinnacle of integrity here

ain't that the truth, lol!

#7460 4 years ago

Can any one recommend a reliable tech who services the western suburbs? Not to be offensive, but some one who will actually schedule time to come out and do work. Seems like no one wants to come out here.

This is for my bro-in-law. He has a Strange Science he wants heavily shopped, LEDs, Remote battery, flippers rebuilt, and there were some left over mods from a previous owner he wanted input on hooking up possibly. Whatever else you recommend as well. He has cash and is ready to schedule some one to come out. We are both out near Waubonsie High School off Eola Road for reference. He is looking for an in-house tech to come work. The game is a PITA to get into his office on the second floor. You wont want to move it, trust me.

He has contacted a few guys who I have heard (and told him) are solid, and they respond once and then never schedule him. Hes very frustrated, and I can understand why. I would help him do the work, but I have my own games to manage and I have a baby incoming any day now. Any help is appreciated.

#7461 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can any one recommend a reliable tech who services the western suburbs? Not to be offensive, but some one who will actually schedule time to come out and do work. Seems like no one wants to come out here.

Rick is pretty responsive, and he's near Elburn so waubonsee college isn't a terrible drive for him
http://www.ricksgamerepair.com

#7462 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Rick is pretty responsive, and he's near Elburn so waubonsee college isn't a terrible drive for him

Love Rick. He did a restore on my Gunsmoke arcade. I dont know if he contacted him because we thought he was mostly arcades. Ill shoot him his number.

#7463 4 years ago

This is for my bro-in-law. He has a Strange Science he wants heavily shopped, LEDs, Remote battery, flippers rebuilt, and there were some left over mods from a previous owner he wanted input on hooking up possibly. Whatever else you recommend as well. He has cash and is ready to schedule some one to come out. We are both out near Waubonsie High School off Eola Road for reference. He is looking for an in-house tech to come work. The game is a PITA to get into his office on the second floor. You wont want to move it, trust me.
He has contacted a few guys who I have heard (and told him) are solid, and they respond once and then never schedule him. Hes very frustrated, and I can understand why. I would help him do the work, but I have my own games to manage and I have a baby incoming any day now. Any help is appreciated.

Gavin's game service.

https://www.facebook.com/GavinsGameService/

He's in Scahaumburg. Had him come out a few weeks ago and he did an excellent job. He worked so fast, carries replacement parts on his truck, it was amazing to watch.....flipper rebuild on my FT , some board work on my EK for the chimes, more board work on my Gorgar….. getting ready to have him come out again. Highly recommended. He's usually very busy, but hell get er done.

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Gavin's game service.

Gavin is by far THE most knowledgeable and fastest tech in the area (it's mind blowing how quickly he can diagnose problems), but that also means he's often backlogged with work.

#7465 4 years ago

No doubt gavins abilities are great. He was one of the non responders....

#7466 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Rick is AWESOME! Great tech and very professional service (i.e., he responds quickly and makes appointments).

#7467 4 years ago

Not sure when you tried to contact Gavin, but I know that last week he was out of town, just getting back, from going to a good friends funeral out in Cali, and stayed out with the family out there for a few days

#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

is it cursed?

HAHA, nah, just trying to see if anyone can use it before I throw it away. I have no use for it and I know it is a rare tube these days.

#7471 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

HAHA, nah, just trying to see if anyone can use it before I throw it away.

Don't throw it away. Those things are getting harder and harder to come by. I'm sure some video game person will happily take it off your hands for free if you list it on Facebook and/or craigslist.

#7472 4 years ago

Does anyone have any interest, or know someone who may have an interest in a free toy kitchen set. It's in great shape, and comes with a bunch of pots, pans, plates, food, etc ... I was about to take it to Goodwill, but I figured I'd check here first.

SOLD!
Other - For Sale
“Comes with a bunch of pots, pans, plates, food, etc ...”
2019-06-27
Northbrook, IL
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 8 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7473 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

is it cursed?

Even if it is, Curse Purge Plus will fix it right up!

#7474 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Gavin's game service.
https://www.facebook.com/GavinsGameService/
He's in Scahaumburg. Had him come out a few weeks ago and he did an excellent job. He worked so fast, carries replacement parts on his truck, it was amazing to watch.....flipper rebuild on my FT , some board work on my EK for the chimes, more board work on my Gorgar….. getting ready to have him come out again. Highly recommended. He's usually very busy, but hell get er done.

Yep, I've had Gavin out on numerous occasions and everything that has been said is true. I found out about him from Terry at Pinball Life.

#7475 4 years ago

Gavin is an incredible tech! He can be a bit hard to get a hold of at times, especially during the summer, but I'm hard pressed to come up with someone in the Chicago area that is better than him at fixing games.

#7476 4 years ago

Give him a reminder call. I've had to do that with him. You have to be a bit patient with folks in that line of work. The same with my brother-in-law who does home repairs. They are up to their neck in work. If you are like me and most here, we want it fixed pronto but it doesn't always work that way. Gavin is definitely worth waiting for.

#7477 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone have any interest, or know someone who may have an interest in a free toy kitchen set. It's in great shape, and comes with a bunch of pots, pans, plates, food, etc ... I was about to take it to Goodwill, but I figured I'd check here first.

Other - For Sale

FREE - Toy Kitchen

New!

“Comes with a bunch of pots, pans, plates, food, etc ...”

11 minutes ago

Northbrook, IL

gweempose

Nice gesture! I donated my daughters Dora's kitchen set to an underprivileged family via the Firebelly foundation. I actually volunteered with my daughter at the event...the look on the girls faces that took it home was priceless.....my daughter noticed that also....life lesson.....

It took Gavin a while to set up an appointment, but the wait was worth it..hope he didn't mind me picking his brain while he was working...lol

#7478 4 years ago

The toy kitchen is now spoken for.

#7479 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Don't throw it away. Those things are getting harder and harder to come by. I'm sure some video game person will happily take it off your hands for free if you list it on Facebook and/or craigslist.

I just don't really have time to mess with it. If nobody wants it today, I will bring it to the recycling place.

#7480 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wow that was fast.

#7481 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On record sincere thank you. My granddaughter is moving in next month to be closer to Children's Memorial (personal issue) and this will brighten her day and make me grandpa of the year. Well for a 3 year old anyway! lol Thanks again my wife and I appreciate your offer.

#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On record sincere thank you. My granddaughter is moving in next month to be closer to Children's Memorial (personal issue) and this will brighten her day and make me grandpa of the year. Well for a 3 year old anyway! lol Thanks again my wife and I appreciate your offer.

PERFECT.

#7483 4 years ago

I just don't really have time to mess with it. If nobody wants it today, I will bring it to the recycling place.

Pm sent.

#7485 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Finally cleaning that stuff out eh? Lol

#7486 4 years ago

Can any one recommend a reliable tech who services the western suburbs?

I would say Rick like others have said. He will get back to you very quickly and set up a time to come out in which he will actually show up when he says he will. As far as Gavin goes, I had nothing but trouble with him following up with me and it strung me along for month. I called for him to take a look at a pin, he said he will call me following week (Monday). I had to call him on Friday cause I never heard from him. He says he will call me again the following week. Never heard from so I had to call him again. This time he actually set a time and day for the now third week after my initial call to come to my house. I took off of work that day and he never showed or called. That was it for me with him. I don’t give a shit how good he is. I have my own business and that is definitely not how to run one.

#7487 4 years ago

Saved from the garbage!!

Don't be a larbage and put your monitor in the garbage.

#7488 4 years ago

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to FILAMENTPRINTING based in Batavia IL. They created custom coin door reject buttons and offered a few free to the community to try.

I was able to install them today (stop laughing those that know me). They look really sweet!! I need to take better pics (don't do it justice) but they are that smart little extra to dress up your machine. I installed on AC/DC and STLE. Can't post pics in this thread but will give business review elsewhere. Thanks Jason!

#7489 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to FILAMENTPRINTING based in Batavia IL. They created custom coin door reject buttons and offered a few free to the community to try.
I was able to install them today (stop laughing those that know me). They look really sweet!! I need to take better pics (don't do it justice) but they are that smart little extra to dress up your machine. I installed on AC/DC and STLE. Can't post pics in this thread but will give business review elsewhere. Thanks Jason!

What do you mean by custom? I recently got the injection molded transclucent WPC ones from pinball life which are pretty sweet.

#7490 4 years ago

Who likes Superman or has one and needs a backglass? I have a backglass that's 60% there I triple thicked. Free to a good home. Pickup near Belmont and Pulaski.

#7491 4 years ago

Anything wrong with this No Fear in Saint Louis? Been looking for one or something similar for a little while.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice game, prior owner bought it refurbished, decals still look nice and bright, playfield nice, light wear, plays fine, never had an issue with it”
2019-06-30
St Louis, MO
2,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 353 times

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from Slips:

Anything wrong with this No Fear in Saint Louis? Been looking for one or something similar for a little while.

Looks fine. I'd check the back of the ramp, my buddy's was melted from the magnets getting too hot.

#7493 4 years ago
Quoted from Slips:

I have one in Plainfield...

#7494 4 years ago

I've been eyeing that No Fear for a while also.....hes dropped the price a couple times already (think it was originally listed at $3000??). Just haven't been able to convince myself to make another road trip to St Louis (that's were I got my FT).

#7495 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If I agree to sell at a price, I sell it at that price. If after I hang up the phone someone else offers more, I honor my original agreement.
When I bought my Bally Playboy, which was HUO, the guy wanted $400 I gave him twice that, since its was worth far more then even that. The guy was quite surprised but to me it was the right thing to do.
Maybe I am old fashioned in doing things this way, I guess it was how I was raised. Be true to your word. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Was this the one on Let It Go? Cool guy. well done on your part

#7496 4 years ago

Plainfield is alot closer than St Louis

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Machine is in good condition and plays as it should. Flames on the cabinet are bright, little to no fade. LEDs New slingshot plastics and cave included Video walkthru: https://y...”
2019-09-04
Plainfield, IL
2,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 533 times

#7497 4 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Plainfield is alot closer than St Louis

But is it $500 closer?

#7498 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

But is it $500 closer?

10 hour round trip plus gas and tolls would be pretty close.

And my cabinet has no fade..

Might be worth it to come by and see

#7499 4 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

10 hour round trip plus gas and tolls would be pretty close.
And my cabinet has no fade

LOL!! $500 gas and tolls to St Louis? Are you driving a tank?

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

LOL!! $500 gas and tolls to St Louis? Are you driving a tank?

Right? Maybe $80 max.

I55 aint got no tolls.

10 HOURS? its 3.5 one way if you drive like a granny. I use to make it to my buddy's place there in just about 3 doing 80mph.

There are 12,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.