FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 12,037 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 241.
#7401 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell any of the following? Let me know. Thanks!

Shadow
EaRtHsHaKeR
Bride of Pinbot
No Good Gofers
Indiana Jones (Stern)
Transformers (Decepticon)
Jurassic Park
Simpsons (Data East)

#7402 4 years ago

Pool Sharks is live.

Machine - For Sale
Pool Sharks Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I have a nice Bally Pool Sharks I have just finished shopping. Details: Top was completely torn down and cleaned, new star posts, new lane guides, new rubber, warm white leds fr...”
2019-06-11
Aurora, IL
1,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 730 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7403 4 years ago

So, who's gonna snatch up that $4000 Millionaire in Woodridge?

I went to go check it out, but the line of potential buyers was out the door. Didn't feel like waiting.

#7404 4 years ago

Did someone here inquire about or pick up the 2 Meteor projects in the Chicago area?

#7405 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyone looking to sell any of the following? Let me know. Thanks!
Shadow
EaRtHsHaKeR
Bride of Pinbot
No Good Gofers
Indiana Jones (Stern)
Transformers (Decepticon)
Jurassic Park
Simpsons (Data East)

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Has new wheel opto board, new Rottendog MPU with NVRAM, new wheel decal, and a slam ramp decal. Both "hot dog" inserts have a chip in them--the red hot dog near the sand trap is c...”
2019-06-08
Indianapolis, IN
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 561 times

#7406 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Did someone here inquire about or pick up the 2 Meteor projects in the Chicago area?

Yes. This morning I offered the guy significantly more than his asking price, and he jumped at that and agreed to sell them to me. I couldn't pick them up today, however.

I was working on a pickup date and time with him when he suddenly stopped returning my texts. Tonight he finally told me he sold them to someone else.

I'm not sure if someone offered more money or if he sold them for less because he wanted them gone tonight. Either way it was a dick move.

#7407 4 years ago

Imo the dick move is offering more in the first place to jump start the bidding war. Can’t fault a non pinhead for trying to get the most for their game when people are throwing offers around.

I’m sure you weren’t the first person to contact him so you kicked someone else aside and the person who bought them did the same to you.

I know some people don’t see a problem doing that but that rubs me wrong for some reason.

#7408 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Imo the dick move is offering more in the first place to jump start the bidding war. Can’t fault a non pinhead for trying to get the most for their game when people are throwing offers around.
I’m sure you weren’t the first person to contact him so you kicked someone else aside and the person who bought them did the same to you.
I know some people don’t see a problem doing that but that rubs me wrong for some reason.

So if someone at a garage sale is selling an Adams Family for $100, you could pay him $100 for it and feel no guilt?

#7409 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Yes. This morning I offered the guy significantly more than his asking price, and he jumped at that and agreed to sell them to me. I couldn't pick them up today, however.
I was working on a pickup date and time with him when he suddenly stopped returning my texts. Tonight he finally told me he sold them to someone else.
I'm not sure if someone offered more money or if he sold them for less because he wanted them gone tonight. Either way it was a dick move.

So you offered more to bump someone else, but are pissed because someone did it to you?

#7410 4 years ago

So if someone at a garage sale is selling an Adams Family for $100, you could pay him $100 for it and feel no guilt?

Yah

#7411 4 years ago

Just because it has more value to people on this website doesn't mean that it does to the person selling it.

#7412 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

So you offered more to bump someone else, but are pissed because someone did it to you?

No, I'm not really pissed. I was actually just trying to answer Fatpandas question.

According to the seller, I was the only one that contacted him about the machines at that point, so I didn't really "bump" anybody.

I think $200 for two meteors was grossly underpriced. If someone is selling something severely underpriced, it's proper to offer them a reasonable price for it. If you feel you need to take advantage of someone just because they're not a pinhead or not on pinside, we'll have to agree to disagree.

#7413 4 years ago

No, I'm not really pissed. I was actually just trying to answer Fatpandas question.
According to the seller, I was the only one that contacted him about the machines at that point, so I didn't really "bump" anybody.
I think $200 for two meteors was grossly underpriced. If someone is selling something severely underpriced, it's proper to offer them a reasonable price for it. If you feel you need to take advantage of someone just because they're not a pinhead or not on pinside, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Paying someone 100% of their asking price is taking advantage of them?

#7414 4 years ago

Absolutely. The internet exists now. It would take literally 3 seconds to research enough to know it is worth significantly more than that. They set the price, not me. Now if they asked me for a fair offer, or asked for help pricing it, that is a completely different story.

#7415 4 years ago

I started a thread about this years ago. Ethics is often a grey area, and it's always interesting to read the differing views on situations like this. There really is no right answer. At the end of the day, we all have to live with ourselves.

#7416 4 years ago

Hell yeah. What are you saying? I should feel guilty for paying someone their full asking price? Gimme a break.
That's horseshit. You don't know what's going through the seller's head.

#7417 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I should feel guilty for paying someone their full asking price? Gimme a break.
That's horseshit.

Does the amount of money involved matter? For example, would the situation be different in your eyes if someone at a garage sale was selling a vase for $20 that was actually worth $200,000? Let's assume you were an expert on 15th century ceramics, and you immediately realized how valuable the vase was. Would it be unethical to pay $20 for it without disclosing the true value to the seller?

Like I said before, I don't think there is an absolute right or wrong answer in situations like these.

#7418 4 years ago

I would not lose sleep over paying a below-market asking price, nor would I feel bad about offering more than asking in an attempt to place myself above other buyers. It's only business. Be honest, but play to win.

#7419 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does the amount of money involved matter? For example, would the situation be different in your eyes if someone at a garage sale was selling a vase for $20 that was actually worth $200,000? Let's assume you were an expert on 15th century ceramics, and you immediately realized how valuable the vase was. Would it be unethical to pay $20 for it without disclosing the true value to the seller?

I would sleep like a baby on a pillow stuffed with benjamins.

#7420 4 years ago

Baloney. The guy wanted these machines gone. Money isn't everything to some people when doing a business transaction.
His price was set clearly to get those machine sthe hell out of his pad. You gave him a few extra bucks above the asking price so you could get the guy to hold the games for you and it didn't work. That's ok. It happens. The guy got contacted by another buyer who said he would get the machines out asap which is highly likely why he priced so aggressively. No big deal.
Respectfully, to say what he did is a "dick move" is just wrong when the guy can't even defend your comments.

So here's my questions:
1. Honestly, what was your offer?
2. Did you go to his home and make the offer in person or was it all via text or over the phone when you asked him to hold these machines.
3. Did he say you have to remove the machines on your own?

When a machine is grossly underpriced by a seller, IMO it means one thing. Pick it up now or expect that it may be sold to someone else.

#7421 4 years ago

I just had someone try to buy me off on the T2 I had for sale but I’d like to think I’m a generally nice person and I didn’t screw over the person I agreed to a deal with. The person buying my game talked to me on the phone for over an hour about everything and offered $100 over the last offer I got with whom I never agreed to anything with. He paid me some money ahead of time to hold it since he’s coming from out of state and I took down my ads and left the Pinside one as “sale pending”. Meanwhile the other guy with the second best offer saw I had it marked sold and tried to offer $400 more over his initial offer even though I had it sold already. I held to my deal, I can’t screw people over like that but I know some people would. On top of that the guy trying to offer more low balled me claiming “that’s all the money I have” but when he found out I had better offers he suddenly had more and then more still when it was sold. Guess he should have offered more in the first place.

Oh, the guy trying to pay more has no pins and didn’t even have any questions about the game. Found that to be odd as well.

#7422 4 years ago

For the people with guilt over this, if the doctor treats your child and saves his/her life what do you do? The bill might be $1000 but don't you now owe that doctor everything until the day you die?

#7423 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

For the people with guilt over this, if the doctor treats your child and saves his/her life what do you do? The bill might be $1000 but don't you now owe that doctor everything until the day you die?

That depends. In your scenario is it a likable kid or an asshole?

#7424 4 years ago

If I agree to sell at a price, I sell it at that price. If after I hang up the phone someone else offers more, I honor my original agreement.

When I bought my Bally Playboy, which was HUO, the guy wanted $400 I gave him twice that, since its was worth far more then even that. The guy was quite surprised but to me it was the right thing to do.

Maybe I am old fashioned in doing things this way, I guess it was how I was raised. Be true to your word. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#7425 4 years ago

I'm really not sure how ethics comes into play at all in this scenario. Buyer sets a price, I pay it. It is not my responsibility to educate the seller, it is my responsibility to complete a deal as agreed upon, in this case paying what THEY asked for.

For a well known item like this, even someone with zero knowledge of what a pinball is could get at least a rough ballpark of price almost instantly using google. No special knowledge needed what-so-ever. That doesn't really apply to the 15th century vase example as that is not a common item which can be recognized without some level of special knowledge. It isn't literally spelled out on the front of the item the way "The Addams Family" is.

There may be an argument to be made of someone not in the hobby selling a TAF gold for a standard price as that would be an easy mistake when researching, but no matter what they should know the market value is well over $100.

Again...this scenario completely changes if they ask me what a fair price would be. If that happens and I tell them $100, that would be unethical. But since they used whatever method they used and came up with an asking price without my input, that is not my responsibility in any way.

This situation has absolutely nothing to do with people offering / accepting more money after a deal has been agreed upon with someone else. That is 100% a dick move all around, but is completely different from what is being discussed here.

#7426 4 years ago

Alright, back to regularly scheduled program.

Who is selling me a shadow? I want one. Sell me one please.

#7427 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If I agree to sell at a price, I sell it at that price. If after I hang up the phone someone else offers more, I honor my original agreement.
When I bought my Bally Playboy, which was HUO, the guy wanted $400 I gave him twice that, since its was worth far more then even that. The guy was quite surprised but to me it was the right thing to do.
Maybe I am old fashioned in doing things this way, I guess it was how I was raised. Be true to your word. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

You didn't post at the time on Pinside or you would have been told you should have given him $1200.

#7428 4 years ago

I lived downstate Illinois over 20 years ago. I was contacted by a lady thru MrPinball and asked if I was interested in a Pinbot. I came by to check it out and she flat out told me she'd sell it to me for $50 to spite her husband because she just found out he was cheating on her.

Seller knew it was worth more, but offered it for much less. I knew it was worth more, but seller had set price in her head. Should I have no said no, you should take more? Should I have Just passed? Should I have given her the $50?

I gave her the $50.....

#7429 4 years ago

True story:

I told my doctor that sometimes when I just let my arm lie still it hurt like hell, other times I could carry a pinball machine with no pain.

He asked why I would carry a pinball machine and I told him because I collect them. Turns out he had a Pinbot in his basement and would check in with his grown kids.

A couple days later he calls and says they don't want it in their houses so I should just take it and if they ever wanted it I could just give it back.

I explained to him why that wouldn't work. I would be sticking time and money into it to get it to the condition and playability level that I wanted.

He said OK, give me $250 and it's yours. I countered with $500 and he said you know you are doing this backwards. I told him it was OK and when I sold it I would be able to recover that and more.

I wish I would have thought of this while standing in his basement breaking it down but it didn't hit me until later. You never screw the only man in the world who can stick his finger up your ass.

#7430 4 years ago

It's always a Pinbot.

#7431 4 years ago

Wow an 'ethics' discussion on Pinside….who'd have thought? Some people have it and some never will....

#7432 4 years ago

. You never screw the only man in the world who can stick his finger up your ass.

That’s your choice

#7433 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

#7434 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

. You never screw the only man in the world who can stick his finger up your ass.
That’s your choice

Yeah! AND who says there only has to be one such lucky person?!

#7435 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

That’s your choice

Who else is going to try and give me a Pinbot? Not sure what I would allow for a NIB Jungle Lord.

#7436 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

True story:
I told my doctor that sometimes when I just let my arm lie still it hurt like hell, other times I could carry a pinball machine with no pain.
He asked why I would carry a pinball machine and I told him because I collect them. Turns out he had a Pinbot in his basement and would check in with his grown kids.
A couple days later he calls and says they don't want it in their houses so I should just take it and if they ever wanted it I could just give it back.
I explained to him why that wouldn't work. I would be sticking time and money into it to get it to the condition and playability level that I wanted.
He said OK, give me $250 and it's yours. I countered with $500 and he said you know you are doing this backwards. I told him it was OK and when I sold it I would be able to recover that and more.
I wish I would have thought of this while standing in his basement breaking it down but it didn't hit me until later. You never screw the only man in the world who can stick his finger up your ass.

You know... some people pay extra for that

#7437 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You know... some people pay extra for that

As long as there is a happy ending...

#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm really not sure how ethics comes into play at all in this scenario. Buyer sets a price, I pay it. It is not my responsibility to educate the seller, it is my responsibility to complete a deal as agreed upon, in this case paying what THEY asked for.
For a well known item like this, even someone with zero knowledge of what a pinball is could get at least a rough ballpark of price almost instantly using google. No special knowledge needed what-so-ever. That doesn't really apply to the 15th century vase example as that is not a common item which can be recognized without some level of special knowledge. It isn't literally spelled out on the front of the item the way "The Addams Family" is.
There may be an argument to be made of someone not in the hobby selling a TAF gold for a standard price as that would be an easy mistake when researching, but no matter what they should know the market value is well over $100.
Again...this scenario completely changes if they ask me what a fair price would be. If that happens and I tell them $100, that would be unethical. But since they used whatever method they used and came up with an asking price without my input, that is not my responsibility in any way.
This situation has absolutely nothing to do with people offering / accepting more money after a deal has been agreed upon with someone else. That is 100% a dick move all around, but is completely different from what is being discussed here.

I recently sold a TFTC and apparently underpriced it a lot, as it sold in 3 min and had about 20 other people say they will take it. Even though I was offered more, I took the first one that contacted me and said they would take it and stuck by it.

#7439 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

True story:

except he is also the person that will charge you $350 for a 10 min visit to tell you that you just have a cold. :/

#7440 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I gave her the $50.....

NOW I KNOW WHERE MY PINBOT WENT!

Give it back so i can bury the body in it!

#7442 4 years ago

http://mwpinball.com/pinball-machines-for-sale/

#7443 4 years ago

kklank was this the one you just moved?
chicago.craigslist.org link

#7444 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

kklank was this the one you just moved?
chicago.craigslist.org link

yup, it is. It sucks to have spots for only two games at my place. My walking dead premium is not going anywhere ever. I'm realizing I really gravitate and only play the brutal fast games, and Pirates is obviously a different type of game. This one is stunning which makes me think I should keep it, but I don't want it to just sit there. I'm not going to sell and have turned down offers more than I paid.. I just put it up for trade to potentially dig out some games from someones collection that might not be posted that better fit my likes. If not, it stays and my nephews play and sink the ship. I really need a bigger place honestly for games.

#7445 4 years ago

I have two really super nice EM's left in my collection. Last EM's I have. I have gone modern the last few years...

These two EM's are the finest that I have owned. Would make a great mini collection of 2 player Gottlieb's .

Quality pins. I may regret letting them go, but here they are : I am located about 20 minutes North of Milwaukee.

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “Beautiful conditon and excellent player. Original playfield looks like brand new ! You won't believe it until you see it in person. First $950.00 cash and carry. Will not ship. ...”
2019-06-14
Grafton, WI
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 125 times
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “Beautiful condition and excellent player. Gottlieb 2 player machine. Very fun. $950.00 cash and carry. Will not ship. Located about 20 minutes North of Milwaukee in Grafton WI. Ju...”
2019-06-14
Grafton, WI
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 117 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

yup, it is. It sucks to have spots for only two games at my place. My walking dead premium is not going anywhere ever. I'm realizing I really gravitate and only play the brutal fast games, and Pirates is obviously a different type of game. This one is stunning which makes me think I should keep it, but I don't want it to just sit there. I'm not going to sell and have turned down offers more than I paid.. I just put it up for trade to potentially dig out some games from someones collection that might not be posted that better fit my likes. If not, it stays and my nephews play and sink the ship. I really need a bigger place honestly for games.

Good luck, I hope it works out on a trade.

#7447 4 years ago

Though I would throw this out there for you guys down south. Selling my AMH. I could be coerced into making a run down there.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Changing up the collection. Second owner America’s Most Haunted for sale. Laserific Topper, Upgraded playfield lighting, factory LED, COLOR DISPLAY (installed for MGC). $6000. W...”
2019-06-29
Schofield, WI
6,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 34 days
Viewed: 723 times

#7448 4 years ago

Who has a World Cup Soccer or FunHouse they're looking to get rid of?
I'm considering what I'm going to put up for sale/trade and Road Show and Congo are likely first.

#7449 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Pool Sharks Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I have a nice Bally Pool Sharks I have just finished shopping. Details: Top was completely torn down and cleaned, new star posts, new lane guides, new rubber, warm white leds fr...”
2019-06-11
Aurora, IL
1,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 730 times
Contributed to Pinside

Ill be streaming this game for a live demo on Friday starting between 7-8pm CST. Ill post a link Friday.

#7450 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale

Pool Sharks

Fully shopped/refurbished “I have a nice Bally Pool Sharks I have just finished shopping.

Details:

Top was completely torn down and cleaned, new star posts, new lane guides, new rubber, warm white leds fr...”

7 days ago

Aurora, IL

1,500 (OBO)

Chitownpinball

Ill be streaming this game for a live demo on Friday starting between 7-8pm CST. Ill post a link Friday.

This is a real nice game! Someone go get it!

There are 12,037 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/149?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.