FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 243.
#6901 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Is there a specific game you are looking for?

Nothing terribly specific besides decent ~2k DMD era or any interesting solid states. I'm pretty open...

Quoted from ssbodyman:

But it's more fun to sit on your ass and bitch that no deals ever fall into your lap.

Yes I do belong to more than one league in the city, but it's an entirely different crowd than the suburban collectors for the most part. I don't get out to those events as much as I would like to. I have no doubt if i was aware of more of the local collectors in the surrounding area I could find more deals.

I'm not just sitting on my ass bitching all day. What a rude thing say... I was merely comparing this specific area to other parts of the country which in which I often see deals happen regularly.

#6902 5 years ago

It wasn't my intention to single you out valgalder, although I see now thats pretty much what I did.
It was just an observation of how this thread is mostly complaints about overpriced games, flippers and lack of games for sale in general. Every time I see 7 or 8 new posts I think there might be something for sale or trade but its usually the same old bitching.
Anyway if you live in the city you should be used to everything being overpriced, they screw you on everything in Cook County.

#6903 5 years ago

Anybody manage to snag the Black Pyramid listed on CL yesterday for $95 OBO

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Anybody manage to snag the Black Pyramid listed on CL yesterday for $95 OBO

No, because it's not a real ad for a real game. Pretty much anytime you see something on CL with a gmail address within the text of the ad is a scam. Why bypass the craigslist email response system? You do that because you want to try to scam the person responding.

You didn't miss it because it didn't exist.

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

No, because it's not a real ad for a real game. Pretty much anytime you see something on CL with a gmail address within the text of the ad is a scam. Why bypass the craigslist email response system? You do that because you want to try to scam the person responding.
You didn't miss it because it didn't exist.

Interesting. Thank you for responding.

#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

It wasn't my intention to single you out valgalder, although I see now thats pretty much what I did.
It was just an observation of how this thread is mostly complaints about overpriced games, flippers and lack of games for sale in general. Every time I see 7 or 8 new posts I think there might be something for sale or trade but its usually the same old bitching.
Anyway if you live in the city you should be used to everything being overpriced, they screw you on everything in Cook County.

I agree SS bodyman. A lot of complaining going on. This thread blows now.
Let's just trade to each other and we'll control the world! (Evil laugh).
Just kidding everyone.

#6907 5 years ago

Not that the sales price argument (observation) isn't relevant but isn't it kind of a 2 way street. Yes games tend to cost more to buy in this area but you most times can Sell games higher in this area? Almost levels the local playing field slightly. Would Love to Buy in Montana but not Sell in Montana as an example. Now sell me all your classic games at 50% off kklank!!!

#6908 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would Love to Buy in Montana but not Sell in Montana as an example

it's like the seinfeld bottle depsosit return scheme!

#6909 5 years ago

It will be the coldest day in hell before I buy....Oh shit, it is the coldest day in hell. Forget that. Stay warm all.

#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

It will be the coldest day in hell before I buy....Oh shit, it is the coldest day in hell. Forget that. Stay warm all.

perfect day to go out and pickup some pins... when everyone else is staying at home

#6911 5 years ago

I used to check CL, OfferUp, LetGo, etc multiple times a day hoping to add a pin to the collection. The "chase" was so much fun when I was looking to buy. I havent searched any of those places in at least a year as it's not even worth the time for me any longer. Even if you come to an agreement with a seller in many cases someone steps in before you can even get in your driveway to start the car, haha.

I agree that buying, selling, trading amongst ourselves is the easiest and most beneficial way for us to move stuff in and out. I've had great luck in this thread and it's where I go when I have the itch.

All that said who has a nice Meteor, Paragon, or a Stars that they would like to move along to make place for something new?

#6912 5 years ago

Great day to play pinball. I figured I would toss in a few transactions on games I bought and sold. I believe all games I listed for sale were posted in Bill's thread. Most games I buy are new, I have my reasons and they aren't important to elaborate.

Games I bought Lotr - purchased in Kansas, paid for personal delivery. Bought Indy 500 picked up in Detroit area.

Games I sold,, T2 -Indiana, Pinbot- Wis, Aerosmith -Illinois, Mustang - MO (price was so good bought by Pinball Company), ST pro- Florida, person lives in Fla, picked up from son's home in Mich. Whirlwind- Ohio (picked up going to expo).

The point being other than Aerosmith most of my transactions are out of state. Time to go play more pin. Cheers, bruce

#6913 5 years ago

Selling my Special Force.

Pros
- Game plays 100%
- All switches and drop targets work
- Displays are all solid
- Flippers are strong enough to make all ramps
- Speakers work great
- 3 ball multiball works as it should
- Relatively new rubbers and balls

Cons
- Won't win any beauty contests
- Wear on playfield throughout
- Bottom portion of insert lights are out
- Backglass melted due to wrong bulb being installed. Previous owner tried to color it back in using a Sharpie

Not in the mood to spend any more $$$ on it, but also not in a super rush to sell. More pictures and info available to serious buyers. Thanks for looking.

Have a few tire kickers so far. One solid offer, but not much else. PM me if you're interested. Make me an offer!

#6914 5 years ago

Out of state can certainly be a way to get machines. Until I thought about it, did not realize how many I have gotten that way.

I've purchased three games (BK2K which was my first machine, LOTR, Dr Who) where it was a couple of hours drive each way (each from a different state). I got four games from a guy in North Dakota, an EBD-LE, Centaur, Derby Day and Grand Prix (with a second populated playfield) and he DELIVERED them to me when he came down for expo (two different years). The EBD-LE, Centaur and Derby day were in a trade for my Junkyard -- he had tons of older games he would pick up from operators, but newer games were harder for him to come by.

I've sold two to out of state people both EMs. One was a Solids and Stripes with a trashed backglass and playfield, but nice cabinet, not a game I would expect someone to travel for, but the guy drove up from Ohio, sounded like he had a good playfield and backglass. I also sold the Derby Day, and they paid as much to have it shipped then I charged them for the game (regret selling that one).

As of most of you know, always good let people you know/meet that you collect. I picked up a HUO Bally Playboy, cheap, when a guy heard me mention I collect machines at a community event. And before anyone asks, I've promised RazerX first crack at it if I decide to sell.

#6915 5 years ago

This may be a decent deal if someone is crazy enough to drive a couple hours each way in this cold ...

southbend.craigslist.org link

Stern Magic pinball machine - $1100 (Elkhart)

refurbished Magic pinball machine
LED's added to GI lighting
flippers rebuilt
connectors replaced and repinned as needed
new pinball
playfield was cleaned and waxed
overall nice solid game in players condition'
located on main floor

#6916 5 years ago

Sold my rock-solid players condition Magic for a couple hundred less than that 18 months ago, but you're right, that's a decent deal now. Even the less desirable classic Sterns are climbing fast. If you want one, buy it yesterday.

#6917 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sold my rock-solid players condition Magic for a couple hundred less than that 18 months ago, but you're right, that's a decent deal now. Even the less desirable classic Sterns are climbing fast. If you want one, buy it yesterday.

and still loving it!

#6918 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

and you are in IL. So both are true.

#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and still loving it!

It's a great game. Still kinda mad at myself for selling it. How far away is Elkhart, again?

#6920 5 years ago

I've bought 2 games within the state of WI. My other games have come by way of reimports (Spain, and the Netherlands), a couple from MN Twin Cities area, one from TX, one from MI, and one from northern IL, so yeah, it's a little dry within a couple hours of here.

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not that the sales price argument (observation) isn't relevant but isn't it kind of a 2 way street. Yes games tend to cost more to buy in this area but you most times can Sell games higher in this area? Almost levels the local playing field slightly. Would Love to Buy in Montana but not Sell in Montana as an example. Now sell me all your classic games at 50% off kklank!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've bought a couple of games in the Chicagoland area and paid quite a high premium for both. I'm fairly certain both sellers were happy with the deal and didn't post immediately afterward how no good deals could be found. I was "ok" with paying the high premium because I couldn't find the pristine games elsewhere, but that's the hobby... if you want it badly enough, you pay up. All of the other pins I've bought local have been way better deals and not from pinside.

#6922 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's a great game. Still kinda mad at myself for selling it. How far away is Elkhart, again?

cant be but a few hours round trip from you TBH. Go for it. That one appears to have a very nice glass.

#6923 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That one appears to have a very nice glass.

I just hope they don't have it in an unheated garage. With this cold, that backglass could very well be toast.

#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've bought a couple of games in the Chicagoland area and paid quite a high premium for both. I'm fairly certain both sellers were happy with the deal and didn't post immediately afterward how no good deals could be found. I was "ok" with paying the high premium because I couldn't find the pristine games elsewhere, but that's the hobby... if you want it badly enough, you pay up. All of the other pins I've bought local have been way better deals and not from pinside.

Is it deals or games priced at market value that people are after? If it's the later, go on Pinside and search within a certain radius, and make some road trips out of it. They are always a lot of fun (weather permitting), and you meet some great people.

If you want to snipe a game off of CL from an ignorant seller, you'll need to learn to use the same tactics as the flippers do.

#6925 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is it deals or games priced at market value that people are after? If it's the later, go on Pinside and search within a certain radius, and make some road trips out of it. They are always a lot of fun (weather permitting), and you meet some great people.
If you want to snipe a game off of CL from an ignorant seller, you'll need to learn to employee the same tactics as the flippers do.

Make connections with other collectors. Give a deal, take a deal. Casually mention pinball when the opportunity comes up. I got a Pinbot from my doctor, found an EM while golfing and so on.

#6926 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

cant be but a few hours round trip from you TBH. Go for it. That one appears to have a very nice glass.

That's Paul. Nice guy who knows pins. I bought one of my games from him and see him at shows now and then.
Garage is attached, but I don't think it's heated. Guessing that he has the backglass in the house.

#6927 5 years ago

When I got into pinball around 2011 I was way into superpins, and in the span of two years, I saw machines like JM and DM go from 1200 to 2100 and they've been climbing ever since. I think prices have followed the barcade boom that got people got back into pinball. Sucks for collectors, but back around 2011 I only knew of a few bars and bowling alleys that had machines - usually in rough shape. Today, there's a TNA, SW, GB, ST, BSD, Sopranos, Kiss, WoZ within a ten minute walk of my home in Edgewater.

Once there's a new trend (craft youtube bars?) you might be able to pick up some machines on the cheap as these places shutter.

#6928 5 years ago
Quoted from uptownsinclair:

When I got into pinball around 2011 I was way into superpins, and in the span of two years, I saw machines like JM and DM go from 1200 to 2100 and they've been climbing ever since. I think prices have followed the barcade boom that got people got back into pinball. Sucks for collectors, but back around 2011 I only knew of a few bars and bowling alleys that had machines - usually in rough shape. Today, there's a TNA, SW, GB, ST, BSD, Sopranos, Kiss, WoZ within a ten minute walk of my home in Edgewater.
Once there's a new trend (craft youtube bars?) you might be able to pick up some machines on the cheap as these places shutter.

If you think Barcades are anthing but a small blip on the radar for impact on total machines, you are cray cray.

Hell, Madison is now one of the top 5 cities in the US for pinball (per capita) and I know a few collectors that have more personal game than in the entire city.

#6929 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you think Barcades are anything but a small blip on the radar for impact on total machines, you are cray cray.

I think he was implying that the popularity of barcades and local tournaments has exposed a lot of people to pinball who would otherwise have never even given it a second thought. You start playing pinball, get addicted to it, meet people with large collections, and suddenly desire to have a collection of your own.

#6930 5 years ago

Like gweempose said, I'm not implying barcades account for sales, they account for the renewed interest. All it took for me to get into this expensive frustrating time consuming hobby was to play ToM in someone's basement. Within a week of that I had a pinside account and crazedlist powersearches running.

#6931 5 years ago

https://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1828

Knocking off a couple bucks to heat things up........ see what I did there.

#6932 5 years ago

I have a very nice working Gottlieb 300 EM with an extra bg, and a Bally Joust EM with a pile of parts I may be willing to sell outright, or trade both for a SS. Not in a hurry and will get to the work eventually, but PM me if you have any interest.

#6933 5 years ago

New idea: I've decided I'm going to copy the pinball flipper model on craigs list but do it on Pinside.
Here goes:

I will pay big cash for your pinball machine. I'm not a pinball broker, I swear I'm not. I'm a collector(not a chance) and will pay fair market value for your machine(not really). Call me at 1-800-555-douchebag.

-I really hate these ads on CL.

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

New idea: I've decided I'm going to copy the pinball flipper model on craigs list but do it on Pinside.
Here goes:
I will pay big cash for your pinball machine. I'm not a pinball broker, I swear I'm not. I'm a collector(not a chance) and will pay fair market value for your machine(not really). Call me at 1-800-555-douchebag.
-I really hate these ads on CL.

but will you buy no matter if its one or a thousand? and have good communication with the seller through the whole process?

#6935 5 years ago

I have a very clean gottlieb Volley for sale/trade

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

but will you buy no matter if its one or a thousand? and have good communication with the seller through the whole process?

I will remove for you...usually for no charge.

#6937 5 years ago

Holy catch up on this thread!
I get the bitchin about flipping and saying your a collector when posting ads. I Don't hide who I am.
Yes my ads up there we buy move trade sell. Also it shows my company name as well. If I post my ad it may last 24 hrs.at best before its flagged. Some call me a flipper, yes I do resell pins, but I have gave a lot of good deals locally as well as in the past put pins and vids in both emporiums (most of wickers pins and vids, as well as 18ft shuffles super checks pins and vids at logan location) oh and Lincolnshire when it was open. Every piece in Highline (wells and Kindzie west loop)as other sporadic places to play pins and vids.

This used to be a fun hobby to be in!!! Pins were reasonable to buy, guys traded games, local dealers had good prices, now the local dealers shops etc. are hoarders and way overpriced to the general public and sit on the same inventory year after year.

This pinball hobby has turned into a rich mans hobby anymore! Who's Johnson is bigger or wallet is fatter or who can buy the most. But not all of these fellows am I referring too. Some of you are very good to this hobby and sell back to others even at lower prices.
It sucks for the 7-3 9-5 or 8-4 guy raising a family on a mid level salary who cant afford these Pinball prices anymore. I sell nib games at those high prices but that's the standard I cant control. I can say this whole pricing thing escalated with JJP and woz and stern followed right along with everybody producing games now days!
Look at stern for example, of what you could buy 10 years ago for way less money with a real power switch, lock down bar, and back box lock. They make them cheaper and cheaper and keep the BOM down but keep raising prices. Hope fully the bubble breaks and price come back down some.

Last but not least if you guys are traveling through Attica Indiana (Route 41 mid state) and want to play a great collection of over 20 pins or more stop @ POP Pinball on Perry. SW, LE DILE, WOZ 75th, Hobbit LE, TNA Oh hell go to his FB page and look at the lineup very impressive. I have dealt with the owner for at least 10 years and sold him 95 % of his collection.
Its right downtown Attica Indiana (Home of the Badlands Off road Park).
have a great day fellas stay warm

Pincades
JT

#6938 5 years ago

Hey JT....Are you supplying the pins and vids at Level 257/Pacman these days?

#6939 5 years ago

FYI - I just finished the Elvis ColorDMD. My buddy let me borrow the pin to do the coloring. I need to keep this for 30 days in case there are any updates to be made but it will be available for sale (or trade plus cash for only an Iron Maiden).

Just wanted to give this group a heads up before I list publicly. Game is completely stock except the ColorDMD. My buddy said he bought this (NIB) when it came out. I’ve known him for 11 years and this is only pin he has ever had and been in his finished basement ever since. It has Canada listed on serial number tag on back... playfield is good... could use a good cleaning but no wear anywhere... Cabs have a few knicks here and there but in good shape. (I believe Gavin has serviced this game for him for years (Gavin this pin was from John in Carpentersville)... any interest let me know... Dan

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold

#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Badlands Off road Park

I just bought a new Jeep, daughter goes to Purdue, pinball in Attica. Hmmm

#6941 5 years ago

Afmr le available for anyone on here

#6942 5 years ago

What are GBLE's going for these days? Considering letting one go thats in the house to make room for MBRLE. My gb has like 30 plays on it.

Stuff currently for sale that I wouldn't mind pricing opinions on anything not HUO are nice and shopped:
Some mods on things like color dmd or whatever, so I can add or subtract for stuff but just wondering what locals think.

GBLE HUO
LOTRLE HUO
TronLE HUO
Roadshow
CFTBL
WOZ
Hobbit LE

I have had CFTBL for sale a little while now, obviously people think the price is high. I might be out of touch with the current pricing, so I am curious to hear local thoughts on prices. I'll be creating marketplace ads for the ones that are already there yet.

#6943 5 years ago

'sup gang, Chiberia is melting, let's move some games. Dunno know why it's featuring the shooter lane photo but I guess that's what people care about so let's roll with it.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Home use only MMR LE # 651 Playfield hand-picked from Stern assembly line High-res color ROM Shaker motor Translucent diffuser installed under playfield inserts Stainless steel arm...”
2019-02-04
West Dundee, IL
Archived after: 45 days
Viewed: 1444 times

#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

What are GBLE's going for these days? Considering letting one go thats in the house to make room for MBRLE. My gb has like 30 plays on it.
Stuff currently for sale that I wouldn't mind pricing opinions on anything not HUO are nice and shopped:
Some mods on things like color dmd or whatever, so I can add or subtract for stuff but just wondering what locals think.
GBLE HUO
LOTRLE HUO
TronLE HUO
Roadshow
CFTBL
WOZ
Hobbit LE
I have had CFTBL for sale a little while now, obviously people think the price is high. I might be out of touch with the current pricing, so I am curious to hear local thoughts on prices. I'll be creating marketplace ads for the ones that are already there yet.

Can't say what they are going for there, but there has been one in NE for quite some time at 6900 that just sits. Few mods, but nothing big like a color dmd.

#6945 5 years ago

Hello, I’m looking for a used AFMr Classic edition, anyone interested in selling one?

#6946 5 years ago

For sale

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Smarty Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Game plays fine but needs one flipper coil plunger. Backglass has some flacking in the red name but otherwise looks good. Cabinet is solid with original paint. I have not gone t...”
2019-02-02
Mequon, WI
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 484 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6947 5 years ago

Looking for a System 11 machine, if anyone has one they'd want to sell.

#6948 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looking for a System 11 machine, if anyone has one they'd want to sell.

you have the disease bad

#6949 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you have the disease bad

I haven't stored any games yet or expanded upstairs. I think I have it ok

#6950 5 years ago

Anyone bored with an #X Files in the area and want to part with one at a reasonable price. I saw one way up in Northern Michigan, but I wasn’t willing to drive 6 hours up and then 6 hours back down.

There are 12,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/139?hl=ilushka85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.