FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 243.
#6852 5 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/359358518222091/

I have a Williams Cherokee EM shuffle alley that I am parting out... just have the main cabinet (everything mechanical still inside) and coin door... the cabinets have been painted over... back glass is available (good shape)... marquee is available but has a crack...

Local pickup or shipping (not main cabinet though)

Coin Door $30 + $12 shipping

Back Glass $35 + $15 shipping

Marquee $10 + $12 shipping

Main cabinet with everything inside $50 but local pickup only... if no one buys whole main cabinet then I will part out.

If I sell anything here I’ll make a donation.

Added over 5 years ago:

The main cabinet was SOLD

#6853 5 years ago

Family Guy needs a new home. Just north of the border. Put on the 4 wheel drive and come take a look.

https://www.wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1828

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/359358518222091/
I have a Williams Cherokee EM shuffle alley that I am parting out... just have the main cabinet (everything mechanical still inside) and coin door... the cabinets have been painted over... back glass is available (good shape)... marquee is available but has a crack...
Local pickup or shipping (not main cabinet though)
Coin Door $30 + $12 shipping
Back Glass $35 + $15 shipping
Marquee $10 + $12 shipping
Main cabinet with everything inside $50 but local pickup only... if no one buys whole main cabinet then I will part out.
If I sell anything here I’ll make a donation.

For another $50, if someone wants to make this a more complete machine, I've got the lane section and front end (that you can put that coin door into). It came in a package of bowlers I picked up a few years back.

#6855 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

For another $50, if someone wants to make this a more complete machine, I've got the lane section and front end (that you can put that coin door into). It came in a package of bowlers I picked up a few years back.

If someone wants to do this let me know.. I’ll cut them a deal so this can be saved.

#6856 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

If someone wants to do this let me know.. I’ll cut them a deal so this can be saved.

I'm pretty sure I've got an extra back glass and set of pins if any of the pins on your section are damaged that can go as well.

#6857 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

I'm pretty sure I've got an extra back glass and set of pins if any of the pins on your section are damaged that can go as well.

I think 3 were broke.. otherwise they were in good shape and white

#6858 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

They are the same ads over and over again. Not sure they are making any money at this point. Good thing Craigslist is free.

Good. Screw those flippers.

Anyone interested in a HUO Metallica pro with light show mod, color dmd (and all your typical tasteful mods) or a HUO Iron Maiden pro with a shaker for trade? Or both? Would be open to offers. Both are one owner (myself) machines in better than new condition.

#6859 5 years ago

Anyone have a Pharaoh I could shake loose down there?

#6860 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Anyone have a Pharaoh I could shake loose down there?

Building the two level collection back up?

#6861 5 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Building the two level collection back up?

Trying.

#6862 5 years ago

Going to list a Six million dollar man. Has cleared playfield, new plastics, new pop caps,body’s and skirts, Alltec MPU.
Back glass is mint.

#6863 5 years ago

Looking for a TSPP and TAF

#6864 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Going to list a Six million dollar man. Has cleared playfield, new plastics, new pop caps,body’s and skirts, Alltec MPU.
Back glass is mint.

I'll take it!

#6865 5 years ago

I've got a Williams Contact, Williams Flash and Williams Lucky Ace (EM) that can be made for sale. All 3 are currently working 100% with new lights, rubbers, locks and keys among other things that differ between the games.

#6866 5 years ago

Chief Shuffle Alley

$100 or trade for??? if anyone wants this. It powers up and plays but not all switches work . It's located in Cudahy, WI.

Bill

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/9#post-4787154

post #420

#6867 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Chief Shuffle Alley
$100 or trade for??? if anyone wants this. It powers up and plays but not all switches work . It's located in Cudahy, WI.
Bill
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shuffleballskee-club-join-us/page/9#post-4787154
post #420

I have this game set up in my parents basement. $100 is about right. I picked mine up 15 years ago for the cost gas to pick it up.

#6868 5 years ago

Picked up a Batman Forever yesterday thus far noting getting into it. Pretty sure I'll be listing to trade.

#6869 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Picked up a Batman Forever yesterday thus far noting getting into it. Pretty sure I'll be listing to trade.

was that the one in Sugar Grove?

#6870 5 years ago

Hate to kinda lurk a lot these days and then come in here all mopey, but Im feeling really down lately about pinball collecting as a hobby. Iv had pretty much the same lineup for almost a year and a half, but there just isn't much out there these days unless I want to pay out my nose. Ill jump in this thread every other week to check out whats available, and its just pages and pages with maybe one or two things for sale. Same with the marketplace, if you ignore GAP there are really only a couple listings at any given time.

Just makes me kinda sad about it because I used to have such enthusiasm for collecting and I don't know if the hobby got too big, or if Chicago is just a tough location. I just don't see myself being able to buy anything anymore. /end sad rant

#6871 5 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Just makes me kinda sad about it because I used to have such enthusiasm for collecting and I don't know if the hobby got too big, or if Chicago is just a tough location. I just don't see myself being able to buy anything anymore. /end sad rant

Chicago is tough (naperville guys buying everything and letting it sit), prices in chicago are high (some california prices in the marketplace are lower than here which isn't right), but buck up. I said the same thing for months, and then out of the blue a good deal of a pin in my wishlist came up in facebook marketplace a few weeks ago.

#6872 5 years ago

Hate to kinda lurk a lot these days and then come in here all mopey, but Im feeling really down lately about pinball collecting as a hobby. Iv had pretty much the same lineup for almost a year and a half, but there just isn't much out there these days unless I want to pay out my nose. Ill jump in this thread every other week to check out whats available, and its just pages and pages with maybe one or two things for sale. Same with the marketplace, if you ignore GAP there are really only a couple listings at any given time.

A lot of people I talk to feel the same way. Prices have gotten out of hand in the Chicago area. Unless you get lucky, or you are willing to drive a substantial distance, you're going to be hard pressed to find any good deals. The flippers grab anything that's even remotely reasonably priced, and this has forced a lot of frustrated local collectors to pay way more for games than they used to. I can't even believe how much the early solid states are going for. Forget about the System 11's. It's hard to touch a nice one around here for less than $2k these days, and that's just crazy. It has almost gotten to the point that you can buy a game out of state and have it shipped for less than it would cost you to buy it locally.

The one market segment that has actually cooled is newer Sterns. You can actually grab nice HUO examples for quite a bit less that it would have cost just a couple years ago. The popular titles like MET, TWD, ST, etc. have held their value, but everything else is down substantially.

#6873 5 years ago

Definitely a tough market. Seems like there are just a *lot* of pinheads in the area- both collectors and flippers. It's not just the flippers driving game costs up in the area, it is the old 'supply vs. demand' that does it in this market.

When looking for games for good prices/good deals, you have to think outside of the box to find them. They are still out there, just more work is put into finding them.

#6874 5 years ago

Recently, eBay has had better deals than Craigslist or Pinside. What does that say about the market?

Of course, the eBay ads aren't selling either.

#6875 5 years ago

You have a 4 pin collection worth over 20K. Sell one at today's prices and buy a different game. Lower your standards and have fun with a solid state project. You were unhappy with prices when you were a regular here. Not worth being stressed over. Wait 5-10 years until this blows over. There will be deals again someday.

#6876 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

It's not just the flippers driving game costs up in the area, it is the old 'supply vs. demand' that does it in this market.

Yup. I know multiple collectors who owned few or zero games less than five years ago, and now have a dozen or more each. They generally start out buying new Sterns and the more popular WPC titles; now those guys have discovered early solid states. When they get around to EMs, the last bastion of affordable collecting is shot.

#6877 5 years ago

Might be throwing my Popeye on the market

#6878 5 years ago

The local market has attracted more hobbyists in recent years who have become enthusiasts. Meaning, they'll pay more or out maneuver the casual tire kicker because they have an aggressive passion right now. It gets frustrating, but don't hate the players or the game - it is what it is. That's why I set up this thread with the hopes we start here first to trade/sell/buy to keep things local and make contacts with locals that help each other when time to rotate collections.

I've had some awesome dealings with locals on deals that never hit pinside. I think I've been fair with my dealings to them as well in hopes of maintaining relationships and hopefully dibs on games if they ever sell in future on my want list. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't (and those sting a bit). I believe in karma. Sometimes you need to give to get. Have to be willing to give a deal to get one in the future. My .02

#6879 5 years ago

Could it also be that people think that their pins are worth more than they actually are? I see many games that are in players or less then players condition trying to get huo prices?

#6880 5 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Could it also be that people think that their pins are worth more than they actually are? I see many games that are in players or less then players condition trying to get huo prices?

You mean like that p.o.s. Funhouse that has been on C.L. for $4500 from the guy in S. Elgin?

#6881 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The local market has attracted more hobbyists in recent years who have become enthusiasts. Meaning, they'll pay more or out maneuver the casual tire kicker because they have an aggressive passion right now. It gets frustrating, but don't hate the players or the game - it is what it is. That's why I set up this thread with the hopes we start here first to trade/sell/buy to keep things local and make contacts with locals that help each other when time to rotate collections.
I've had some awesome dealings with locals on deals that never hit pinside. I think I've been fair with my dealings to them as well in hopes of maintaining relationships and hopefully dibs on games if they ever sell in future on my want list. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't (and those sting a bit). I believe in karma. Sometimes you need to give to get. Have to be willing to give a deal to get one in the future. My .02

Give a deal? Every game I sell, I take a loss! Lol!

#6882 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Me too!

#6883 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You have my phone number right?

#6884 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Maybe we should all take a lesson in overpricing by Ryan in Naperville! LOL

#6885 5 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Ruined the hobby in this area for sure.

#6886 5 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

The fact that these are sitting is starting to remind me of that Niles guy. His ads ran for like 6 years, ran his pins into the ground at his arcade, then passed on, and his wife sent his whole collection to super auctions (who took 30%, and I heard she had to fight them to collect the money). As warehouse costs add up, I can only see these pins go up in price to make up for it, which will only push away buyers even more. At some point these pins will end up in either an auction or estate sale.

#6887 5 years ago

Still holding out hope for finding a TSPP within 100 miles of Chicago. Tracked one down but having to haul out to Toledo is not in the cards for me right now.

#6888 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ruined the hobby in this area for sure.

I’m just glad I got into this stuff before finding a deal in this area went to crap. I had a good 2-3 years otherwise I could have never got into it the way it is now. I needed some cheap games to work on and learn from. Now that seems almost impossible.

#6889 5 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I’m just glad I got into this stuff before finding a deal in this area went to crap. I had a good 2-3 years otherwise I could have never got into it the way it is now. I needed some cheap games to work on and learn from. Now that seems almost impossible.

Thats most of us bro. No way I would have gotten any of my games at these prices.

#6890 5 years ago

Anyone interested in selling a pin for bitcoin?

#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from abracadabra:

Anyone interested in selling a pin for bitcoin?

That depends. What's a bitcoin worth these days?

#6892 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That depends. What's a bitcoin worth these days?

A single bitcoin is worth about $3400 today. Sorry, I didn't mean "selling a pin for a *single* bitcoin".
What I meant was "selling a pin for bitcoin(s) instead of USD. More than one bitcoin or fraction thereof if necessary."

#6893 5 years ago
Quoted from abracadabra:

Sorry, I didn't mean "selling a pin for a *single* bitcoin".

Oh. I was going to say that I'd be happy to sell you my Genie for a single bitcoin ...

#6894 5 years ago

It really is annoying.. I see all these posts from pinball friends that live in other areas in the country, constantly able to get reasonable pins rotating in and out of their collections and I just sit and watch.. and watch...and watch.. and pretty much give up. Unless you plan ahead and able to pick something up at Expo or MGC, I know the chances are too slim.

#6895 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

It really is annoying.. I see all these posts from pinball friends that live in other areas in the country, constantly able to get reasonable pins rotating in and out of their collections and I just sit and watch.. and watch...and watch.. and pretty much give up. Unless you plan ahead and able to pick something up at Expo or MGC, I know the chances are too slim.

My best advice would be to just make a bunch of friends in the Chicago area. Go to monthly tournies at Brixie's, Pac-Man in Schaumburg (formerly Level 257), maybe join a league. Put yourself out there. The more collectors you know, the more inside info you'll get when a guy is tired of a game, considering selling, downsizing to move, trying to free up space/money for a new game, etc. Most of the used pins I've bought never hit any kind of open market. So much easier to sell to a friend than take a bunch of photos, make an ad, deal with tire-kickers & Craigslist flippers, or pay the Pinside fee (sorry Robin).

I know that's not exactly a short term solution, but it has awesome fringe benefits.

#6896 5 years ago

Last pin I bought I had to go north of the border.

#6897 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

My best advice would be to just make a bunch of friends in the Chicago area. Go to monthly tournies at Brixie's, Pac-Man in Schaumburg (formerly Level 257), maybe join a league. Put yourself out there. The more collectors you know, the more inside info you'll get when a guy is tired of a game, considering selling, downsizing to move, trying to free up space/money for a new game, etc. Most of the used pins I've bought never hit any kind of open market. So much easier to sell to a friend than take a bunch of photos, make an ad, deal with tire-kickers & Craigslist flippers, or pay the Pinside fee (sorry Robin).
I know that's not exactly a short term solution, but it has awesome fringe benefits.

But it's more fun to sit on your ass and bitch that no deals ever fall into your lap.

#6898 5 years ago

Anyone have a couple of the cliffy slot protectors they would be willing to part with? Shoot me a pm if so please.

#6899 5 years ago

That aint a bad deal. If it weren't for the cold this would be worth driving to Michigan
grandrapids.craigslist.org link

#6900 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Is there a specific game you are looking for?

There are 12,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/138?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.