FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 241.
#6651 5 years ago

Since us WI folks are officially allowed, I'll just put this here. Has about 300 plays so I'll use the term "lightly routed" and take any backlash with stride.

Machine - For Sale
Routed - fresh off route - “Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle. Lightly routed for the past 3 months, cleaned regularly. Nothing wrong whatsoever - it plays and looks fabulous! (pictures taken while the sun was ...”
2018-11-19
Madison, WI
6,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 1115 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6652 5 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Since us WI folks are officially allowed, I'll just put this here. Has about 300 plays so I'll use the term "lightly routed" and take any backlash with stride.

Machine - For Sale
Alice Cooper's Nightmare CastleNew!Routed - fresh off route “Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle. Lightly routed for the past 3 months, cleaned regularly. Nothing wrong whatsoever - it plays and looks fabulous! (pictures taken while the sun was ...”
7 hours ago Madison, WI 6,500 (OBO)
u2sean

damn it. I want this >:i

#6653 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'll make this easy for you. Sell me your Shadow and you'll have half the money.

#6654 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Right? Bad timing...could totally get my boss to buy this if it wasnt the holidays.

#6655 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

AC/DC pro (vault preferred)

I have an AC/DC premium vault if you're not dead set on the pro.

#6656 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I have an AC/DC premium vault if you're not dead set on the pro.

I am not set on the pro, but I am guessing my budget is. Would love a premium, but it would honestly have to be below market for me to swing it. Please shoot me a price, but odds are I will not be able to make it work. Thanks!

#6657 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I am not set on the pro, but I am guessing my budget is. Would love a premium, but it would honestly have to be below market for me to swing it. Please shoot me a price, but odds are I will not be able to make it work. Thanks!

"Pros are for poor people" - CenterFlank

#6658 5 years ago

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “My Xenon is missing the whole power supply board. Need E-122-142 transformer and AS-2518-54 rectifier board. Also open to other models of the rectifier board as I can make an adapt...”
2018-11-21
Algonquin, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 20 days
Viewed: 89 times

In need of a Bally transformer/rectifier combo. It'd be great to find a local one!
While I have a model specified, I'm open to anything as I can make an adapter.

#6659 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Parts - Wanted
WTB Bally -54 transformer and rectifier boardNew!Wanted! “My Xenon is missing the whole power supply board.
Need E-122-142 transformer and AS-2518-54 rectifier board.
Also open to other models of the rectifier board as I can make an adapt...”
1 day ago Chicago, IL
Wanted
dudah

In need of a Bally transformer/rectifier combo. It'd be great to find a local one!
While I have a model specified, I'm open to anything as I can make an adapter.

I have a used rectifier board, but not a transformer. Let me know if you're interested.

#6660 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Aladdin's Castle Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Bally Aladdins Castle pinball in good shape. Shopped out recently, everything is working. Playfield has some signs of wear but descent overall. Cabinet good, and backglass is good ...”
2018-11-22
Rockford, IL
Archived after: 147 days
Viewed: 796 times

#6661 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Stern 2002 Roller Coaster Tycoon pinball machine. Good condition, fully shopped out , new rubber , leds, balls, legs repainted, new levelers, bolts. Flippers rebuilt. Good display....”
2018-11-22
Rockford, IL
Archived after: 120 days
Viewed: 1055 times

#6662 5 years ago

Does anyone in Chicagoland have experience shipping from the southwestern states? Favorite hauler? Or aprox. cost from out there?

I realize there are plenty of shipping threads. Was just curious if any other options than the obvious (NAVL/STI/uship).

#6663 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Does anyone in Chicagoland have experience shipping from the southwestern states? Favorite hauler? Or aprox. cost from out there?
I realize there are plenty of shipping threads. Was just curious if any other options than the obvious (NAVL/STI/uship).

This may be an option?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deliver-your-games-txarokcomoiaohmdtnkygaalla#post-4686092

#6664 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. Saw that guy but was looking more for the Arizona/Nevada south west.

#6665 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

labnip Is planning some upcoming routes. He is based out of Austin, but may be heading to the midwest soon.

#6666 5 years ago

Off topic - If anyone can use a really cool set of bunkbeds, they are yours for free. Send me a PM and I can send you some photos. They have a built-in desk and small dresser. Includes two brand new twin mattresses. I will be around most of the weekend. Located in my garage for easy pickup.
Jim

#6667 5 years ago

Decided to keep

#6668 5 years ago

On the hunt for a Stern Playboy or NBA if anyone is thinking about selling.

No longer looking. Thanks everyone.

#6669 5 years ago

The bunk beds are now spoken for. They are being picked up today. Thank you to everyone who was interested. All my best!
Jim

#6670 5 years ago

Interesting story about one of our local game sellers
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/805592699611311

#6671 5 years ago

For prosperity (naperville seller)
Warning!!!!
I purchased a pinball machine called Stellar Wars from Ryan in Naperville, IL for $1500. His father Jim fixes the machines and Ryan handles the sale. The pinball machine appeared to work correctly but after I got it home and set up, the ball wouldn't kick out to the shooting channel. I contacted Ryan and his Dad Jim trouble shooted with me but it still wouldn't work. I asked if they could come to my house and fix it and was told no. They said if I bring it back they will fix it. I wanted to bring it back tonight 11/24 and was told Jim wouldn't be able to work on it right away. I said if we do this I want my money back and would purchase it again after it's fixed. I am not comfortable with them having the machine and my money. Jim refused and said it was cash and carry. My understanding is it was cash and carry for a fully working pinball machine. If this was me, I would have gone to the persons house in heartbeat to make sure it was working properly as described in the ad. Don't do business with these men as they don't stand behind what they sell. Less

If I was making $1500 on a stellar wars, I'd be sure it was working.

#6672 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The pinball machine appeared to work correctly but after I got it home and set up, the ball wouldn't kick out to the shooting channel.

This doesn't sound unusual at all. We've all had pins that had problems after being moved, especially ones that old. They tried to help him troubleshoot it remotely, but it doesn't sound like the buyer knows much about pins from the terms they are using. They are offering to fix it, but can't do it "right away". The buyer may have been expecting it to be fixed while he waits. This is one of the major holiday weekends. I'd have to hear the other side of the story before I pass judgement.

#6673 5 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

This doesn't sound unusual at all. We've all had pins that had problems after being moved, especially ones that old. They tried to help him troubleshoot it remotely, but it doesn't sound like the buyer knows much about pins from the terms they are using. They are offering to fix it, but can't do it "right away". The buyer may have been expecting it to be fixed while he waits. This is one of the major holiday weekends. I'd have to hear the other side of the story before I pass judgement.

I've been chatting with her tonight. Seller clearly didn't explain anything to a new pinball buyer (including how you should take the ball out of the trough before transport so the ball doesn't pound on the switch). Pretty sure the switch arm got mashed down, she just needs to bend it back up. Yes machines can develop issues when they are moved, but this could have been avoided.

Also $1500 stellar wars and the guy couldn't even spring for a $4 coin door lock :-0
https://imgur.com/a/1bSm0ft

#6674 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Also $1500 stellar wars and the guy couldn't even spring for a $4 coin door lock

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the one picture. You're going to fix and resell games and you don't throw a lock in the door? To me, if you can't/won't do that, it makes me wonder how many other things you're not doing. A lock is an easy thing to put on a coin door.

#6675 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the one picture. ... it makes me wonder how many other things you're not doing.

In the recent past, I made similar assumptions about 'condition' and assumed the seller's definition of clean, restored, and shopped were the same as mine. This is rarely true so I don't overpay for used games anymore. Lessons learned....

#6676 5 years ago

Well tried to troubleshoot over facebook messenger, I think the switch is working fine but it isn't firing (pop bumpers stopped firing too before I started troubleshooting), but flippers are working. Sounds like maybe a bad playfield connector or a flakey driverboard. I recommended she contact either Rick's game service or Gavin to troubleshoot, this is beyond what she can troubleshoot by herself.

Nothing like souring the hobby by buying an overpriced machine and having to immediately spend another $150-$200 on a service call. If this guy in naperville is on pinside I wish he'd explain his side of the story.

#6677 5 years ago

SlugFest sold and still have the Roller Coaster Tycoon and Aladdins Castle games.

#6679 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Sucks this happened to you, sorry! I learned a similar lesson the hard way doing a trade in a parking lot and didn't see water damage all over the back of an 8k machine. We live and learn not to repeat our mistakes.

Dont think it happened to him he was trying to reach out and help the buyer off Facebook. Very stand up thing to do.

#6680 5 years ago

This has to be someone here. @toyotaboy? Is that you?
chicago.craigslist.org link

This is a public service announcement from a Pinball hobbyist.

1. How do I determine what is a good price?
While it's difficult to narrow down a price since condition varies so greatly... However you can google the pinball title plus "pinside" which should take you right to a splash page that estimates value. For example "stellar wars pinside" says it's worth between $650-$750. Another good price guide is "boston pinball price guide. This is a giant spreadsheet you can search for your title, and this is based on actual closed ebay sales (not unsold overpriced ebay auctions). Never let a seller convince you "I saw one on ebay for this price", make them show you:
http://www.bostonpinball.biz/eBay052018.htm

2. What to look for when you don't know anything about pinball?
If someone is selling a pinball that seems high priced it should not only work perfect (snappy flippers) but should have a prestine playfield, cabinet art, polished outer metal, incadescent bulbs are usually swapped out for LED. Remove the backglass and make sure there isn't paint flaking off (old backglass commonly breaks down behind hot lamps). Make the seller show you under the playfield. It's common for pinball flippers to wipe down the playfield and not bother to clean the carbon dust underneath (especially inside the inserts where the bulbs are). Things like missing locks on the coin door, rusty feet are common when a seller is trying to put in the minimal amount of work and parts. Check for cabinet damage, ANY oxidation on metal parts under the playfield, rusty transformer in the bottom of the cabinet. Here's a good example of what to look for on a used pinball:

3. What are obvious signs of a bad ad?
Any pinball that has been sitting on craigslist for a couple weeks is obviously priced too high. If that same pinball continues to stay at the same price and the seller never lowers it, this seller is fishing. He is waiting for someone with no pinball knowledge to come along and buy it. If the seller is only including a single photo, or the photos are blurry, they are trying to cover up a bad pinball and are hoping that by the time you drive all the way to their place you'll buy it anyway because you don't want to waste your time and gas. A proud seller will take really good photos and be very clear what is good and bad. They will also answer any questions you have over the phone or email before coming to see it.

4. What option do I have if I don't want to risk buying a used pinball from a private seller?
There are many retail sellers in the area including but not limited to: Great American PInball, Hemispheres Amusements, Home Game Room Supply. This is not an ad, those are simply the retail stores in the area. You will usually pay more, but you are getting a better restored pinball that has been thorougly checked and sometimes include a warranty.

#6681 5 years ago

Wow. There's more than just that: chicago.craigslist.org link

Just in case that disappears before people get a chance to look at it:

WARNING!!! DONT BUY FROM NAPERVILLE GUY READ THIS LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - $1 (NAPERVILLE, IL)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

more ads by this user
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/805592699611311

THESE GUYS (RYAN & JIM) ARE SCAMS AND RIP PEOPLE OFF. THEY SELL JUNK
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND HE IS A LEACH TO THE CHICAGO PINBALL , ARCADE COMMUNITY

BUYER AND SELLER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pinball arcade

#6682 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

This has to be someone here. toyotaboy? Is that you?
chicago.craigslist.org link

Yes.. it's subtle and doesn't point fingers (and hopefully helps someone new to pinball)

I did not write this: chicago.craigslist.org link

#6683 5 years ago

I have bought games and had games repaired from Naperville Jim for 15 years. Always honest with me. He does prefer to have games brought to him. Repairs have been thorough and he even does small minor details that i didnt notice. Im certain he will repair the game if brought to him. Thanksgiving weekend is a busy time for most so a quick repair may not have been possible.

#6684 5 years ago

I have done business with Ryan & Jim and never had issue, but that doesn't mean a damn thing in this situation. I can understand 100% the buyer's disappointment forking over $1500 and the damn thing doesn't work. Hopefully Jim/Ryan get that thing working for her in a timely manner at her place as it seems the buyer was very local to them. As a seller you have to evaluate each situation with a buyer and this is one they should honor the sale as a working machine and get thier butts over there. This is not how you want a 1st time buyer feeling after a purchase.

BTW, Jim does beautiful restoration work on vintage arcade(EM) games.

#6685 5 years ago

I don't have any experience with these guys but man, they spam the hell out of craigslist. I mean, it's easily 20+ ads EVERY SINGLE DAY and most of their games are pretty overpriced.

Given that the "warning" message is in the middle of their ads, I'm guessing they haven't noticed it or don't care.

Ultimately, I'm not a buyer of their games as they're too overpriced. I will say that if Jim's good at restoration I'm stunned that he didn't put a new lock on the coin door. That seems like quite an oversight for someone that repairs/restores games.

#6686 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I will say that if Jim's good at restoration I'm stunned that he didn't put a new lock on the coin door. That seems like quite an oversight for someone that repairs/restores games.

My guess is Jim never touched this one.

#6687 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

My guess is Jim never touched this one.

Excellent point, and quite possibly the case. This could have been a quick flip with it needing "nothing" as far as Ryan was concerned. I guess we'll never know.

#6688 5 years ago

More info about those great flippers in naperville. Love hearing how great their work is. It better be for the price!

Wanna run a craigslist business like a normal retail business? Do service calls. Make sure your games work. Dont be a scum bag.

Strike 1, strike 2, and strike 3.

#6689 5 years ago

Looking for a Rockola World Series pinball locally. Im in Chicago.

#6690 5 years ago

Does anyone have a local lead on either a Dr Dude or a Tales from the Crypt?

#6691 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

More info about those great flippers in naperville. Love hearing how great their work is. It better be for the price!
Wanna run a craigslist business like a normal retail business? Do service calls. Make sure your games work. Dont be a scum bag.
Strike 1, strike 2, and strike 3.

I used to own 3 strikes. I traded one off for board services, parted one out, and restored one.

#6692 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I used to own 3 strikes. I traded one off for board services, parted one out, and restored one.

On a related note, I think I am going to have this game for the winter. Hope its fun for groups. I need a group game.

#6694 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

On a related note, I think I am going to have this game for the winter. Hope its fun for groups. I need a group game.

Strikes n Spare is a very fun party / drinking game
gobble gobble gobble
you turkey.

#6695 5 years ago

Ill be up in Chicago next week picking up and delivering a few, always looking for something different and have a few that are available for sale/trade

strange science
f-14
rocky and Bullwinkle
rescue 911
Houdini

#6696 5 years ago

Still looking for HUO Space Jam ..

#6697 5 years ago

Anyone have a Night Moves for sale?

#6698 5 years ago

I'll have a United/Williams Triple Strike puck bowler/shuffle alley for sale soon and possibly a United/Williams Big Strike. Just set up the pair of Triple Strikes in the shop this weekend to go through before they are sold off (one is already spoken for). The Big Strike is next after that. I probably don't need 4 puck bowlers around here since I have a ball bowler There is also a Williams Strike Zone, but that's a bit down the line as far as projects go.

If you're looking for any bowler parts let me know! I've got a few boxes of extra stuff.

I have some extra bowler back glasses for sale as well:

United Cherokee
United Star Sapphire
Williams Pompeii

I'm also looking for one bowler lane for another Williams/United bowler. If you've got a spare let me know. It's wood grain looking with black lettering.

#6699 5 years ago

I've got a Black Pyramid and a Eight Ball Champ up for sale.
2600 for the pair!

#6700 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I've got a Black Pyramid and a Eight Ball Champ up for sale.
2600 for the pair!

Did you just buy these from Don in Verona?

same ones?

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.