FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 241.
#6501 5 years ago

" I heard the Galloping Ghost now has a pinball area, but I haven't seen it yet."

The Galloping Ghost Pinball Building is not open as of now. It's coming soon. They have a CGC MBr at the arcade to play.

#6502 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Logan is great, I was there last weekend. They are Stern's favored arcade so they have a fairly well maintained stable of Sterns - I also think Headquarters is very solid, especially when the downstairs is open (not always the case).
The Emporiums are ok (but not excellent). I heard the Galloping Ghost now has a pinball area, but I haven't seen it yet.

Logan is by far the best playing pins/ barcade in Chicago IMHO!

Great selection and great games!

#6503 5 years ago

Anyone local have DI they are looking to sell?

#6504 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I heard the Galloping Ghost now has a pinball area, but I haven't seen it yet.

Don't go to Galloping Ghost for the pins, you'll be disappointed. Go for the arcades, though!

#6505 5 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Don't go to Galloping Ghost for the pins, you'll be disappointed. Go for the arcades, though!

Galloping Ghost is insane! I can't imagine there are many other public arcades in the world with that many games set up.

#6506 5 years ago

Doc of the Galloping Ghost spoke at expo and said they are moving approx. 30 or so pins to a temporary location 2 blocks east of the arcade to be opened soon. The arcade will have its expansion open soon also with room for about 225 more video games. Total Arcade games under one roof 850-900 when the expansion opens up and 30 or so pins 2 block east. The Ghost should be your only stop for your pinball video game needs.

#6507 5 years ago

They have over 600+ games now.

For me-its like stepping back in time to the late 70's....walking into an arcade full of machines!

#6508 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Galloping Ghost is insane! I can't imagine there are many other public arcades in the world with that many games set up.

they are officially already the largest arcade in the world at 667 games currently. doc says he has visitors from around the world. on a saturday he has up to 1200 visitors.

#6510 5 years ago

I took NicoVolta there during his North American tour and introduced him to Doc.

Nic was impressed with some of the rare titles Doc has there.

#6511 5 years ago

I would love to know what Galloping Ghost's electric bill is each month. That place is insane.

Can't wait for the pinball room.. they used to have more pins in the back but they were all in disrepair. When I asked about that they said they really didn't have anyone on staff that knew how to fix them so they got neglected and eventually pulled out. Hopefully now with the proper expansion they will get the right people to keep them clean and up and running.

If you're in that area though for Galloping Ghost and want a pinball fix, I definitely recommend Brixies which is close by. They keep their machines in perfect shape and have a nice selection they rotate in and out. (plus a killer beer selection).

#6512 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I would love to know what Galloping Ghost's electric bill is each month. That place is insane.
Can't wait for the pinball room.. they used to have more pins in the back but they were all in disrepair. When I asked about that they said they really didn't have anyone on staff that knew how to fix them so they got neglected and eventually pulled out. Hopefully now with the proper expansion they will get the right people to keep them clean and up and running.
If you're in that area though for Galloping Ghost and want a pinball fix, I definitely recommend Brixies which is close by. They keep their machines in perfect shape and have a nice selection they rotate in and out. (plus a killer beer selection).

It does get 'steamy' in there during the summer with all those machines running.

I usually take a 'beverage' break when im at the ghost and head to Brixies.

#6513 5 years ago

Ooops, redundant post.

#6514 5 years ago

Have some projects that I don't have the time and/or room for. Let me know if you are interested and I can send some pictures. All located in the NW suburbs of Chicago. Games have not been gone through and are straight out of homes.

1) $1700 PENDING SALE - Gottlieb Pink Panther. Backglass has flaking, but it's still presentable. Playfield looks pretty good, as does cabinet. Pretty rare/oddball Gottleib with sweet sounds

https://imgur.com/a/QfxVXkJ

2) $1200 PENDING SALE - Black Knight. Really Solid overall with nice original playfield and backglass. Really cherry game for being a complete original.

https://imgur.com/a/kKB0cnH

3) $1000 - High Speed. Playfield looks better than most with some minor wear near the top lane like most. BG has some terrible flaking/peeling due to poor storage so would need to be replaced
https://imgur.com/a/bPOBjCy

4) $1300 - Lethal Weapon 3. Looks like a minor project. Powers up but ball won't shoot with gun trigger. Could be fuse, could be switch. Has the plastic light dome topper, but missing actual light beacon mechanism underneath. Playfield could use some cleaning but looks nice, as does DMD.

https://imgur.com/a/v9IpBLK

#6515 5 years ago

1) $1700 - Gottlieb Pink Panther. Backglass has flaking, but it's still presentable. Playfield looks pretty good, as does cabinet. Pretty rare/oddball Gottleib with sweet sounds
https://imgur.com/a/QfxVXkJ</blockquote

That's one you don't see every day. Good luck with the sale

#6516 5 years ago

Just passing along, buy with confidence from PinballFuel. Really good dude.

#6517 5 years ago

Fixed the link for the pictures, and it is an odd game that doesn't come around often.

#6518 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Fixed the link for the pictures, and it is an odd game that doesn't come around often.

Will also sell a great condition space mission. Playfield and backglass look great, with some very minor flipper drag wear that is super minute, especially for this title. $700 - Works great - I can send a video of it playing prior to putting into storage if you wish. Game located with the others, in S Barrington (NW suburb) - can pull up right where the game is - no stairs.

https://imgur.com/a/e5ObqRI

#6519 5 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. Due to time we ended up checking out Logans and Headquarters. Enjoyed them both (although they mostly had the same pins, it was cool the Headquarters games were free!) Got a chance to play a bunch of games I hadn't before (including Alien...sort of...the ball kept getting stuck)...now the wife wants and AC/DC or a Ghostbusters (which was quite a surprise).

One complaint though....

Newer games rely SO much on audio. This isn't really an issue on pre-toy, pre-tunnle pins. At Logans, the sound on most games was turned completely off, and/or the bar music was so loud you couldn't hear the games at all. This just doesn't work on games you know nothing about..especially the new games that have 20 second audio clips etc. You end up not really knowing what is going on. It was slightly better at Headquarters that you could actually hear most of the games callouts. We had a couple friends with us that weren't really into pinball but had a good time, but they said the same thing. Or to quote a bit more " there would be times the ball would be gone for 10-20 seconds, and you'd have no idea where it went, and then it would shoot out from somewhere'. Now, sometimes there might be some sort of light flash, but that is rare, especially now with all the led's going crazy constantly. Just something for people to think about.

#6520 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Newer games rely SO much on audio. At Logans, the sound on most games was turned completely off, and/or the bar music was so loud you couldn't hear the games at all. This just doesn't work on games you know nothing about..especially the new games that have 20 second audio clips etc. You end up not really knowing what is going on. It was slightly better at Headquarters that you could actually hear most of the games callouts. We had a couple friends with us that weren't really into pinball but had a good time, but they said the same thing. Or to quote a bit more " there would be times the ball would be gone for 10-20 seconds, and you'd have no idea where it went, and then it would shoot out from somewhere'. Now, sometimes there might be some sort of light flash, but that is rare, especially now with all the led's going crazy constantly. Just something for people to think about.

Glad you enjoyed Chicago! If TVs are being made with built-in bluetooth for wireless headphones, how long before pinball machines that are played in public should also have it? With game prices going up, throw us a bone manufacturers.

#6521 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Glad you enjoyed Chicago! If TVs are being made with built-in bluetooth for wireless headphones, how long before pinball machines that are played in public should also have it? With game prices going up, throw us a bone manufacturers.

while bluetooth is ideal, bluetooth is also fussy with connecting to devices. However, headphones jacks are dirt cheap, and earbuds are too. If I was operating pinballs (or running a barcade) I would seriously considering installing them. When you go to clay's VFW show, I'd say a good dozen machines have jacks and it makes a big difference being able to hear the game clearly (especially one you aren't familiar with).

#6522 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

while bluetooth is ideal, bluetooth is also fussy with connecting to devices. However, headphones jacks are dirt cheap, and earbuds are too. If I was operating pinballs (or running a barcade) I would seriously considering installing them. When you go to clay's VFW show, I'd say a good dozen machines have jacks and it makes a big difference being able to hear the game clearly (especially one you aren't familiar with).

What are options for after market head phone jacks for spikeStern and also classics?

#6523 5 years ago

Looking to sell or trade a couple games. I’ve got a players condition Funhouse and a World Cup Soccer posted in market place. Really want a Creature From the Black Lagoon, Addams Family, Etc.

PM for details...

#6524 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What are options for after market head phone jacks for spikeStern and also classics?

Pretty sure you can wire in a jack to anything with a speaker:

It's not perfect (the audio level gets split). There's probably a way to have it auto switch to headphone jack only when pins are connected. Of course the other question is where to mount it that doesn't permanently modify the machine.

#6525 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32

#6526 5 years ago
#6528 5 years ago

Nice! I was looking on the spike page. Do u see one for those?

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice! I was looking on the spike page. Do u see one for those?

Don't all domestic Spike games come with a coin door with a DBA plate?

#6530 5 years ago

Just in case any locals are interested. Trades would be ok too- I like Williams games....

Other - For Trade
“You are seeing this game as I am seeing it- disassembled. I have not done anything with it. I picked it up and moved it to my garage where it now sits. Game appears complete. 3 ba...”
2018-11-04
Montgomery, IL
Trade
Archived after: 41 days
Viewed: 178 times

#6531 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Don't all domestic Spike games come with a coin door with a DBA plate?

Yes, but That is used for the DBV on route.

#6532 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, but That is used for the DBV on route.

Good point. You can see I don't think like an op.

#6533 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Good point. You can see I don't think like an op.

No worries, i just thought maybe i was missing them on that website?

#6534 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No worries, i just thought maybe i was missing them on that website?

Nope, you aren't missing anything. I'm guessing there must be some technical reason why they don't make an external one for Spike. I would suggest contacting lllvjr (Lorenzo). I'm sure he can hook you up with some kind of solution.

#6535 5 years ago

Would be neat if they had one that could work in place of the coin chute/insert. I'm not an op but id think one chute/mech and dbv would be enough?

#6536 5 years ago

Problem with the headphone jack idea is you're going to get people who have imbibed a bit too much who snap them off while humping the game or forgetting to take them out and walking off, but I'm sure it would be fine most of the time.

#6537 5 years ago

Solar Fire, Rocky and Bullwinkle and Seawitch going up for sale soon. I gotta run some ads.

#6538 5 years ago

CL had a couple good deals this weekend. Anyone get the Black Pyramid or NF?

#6540 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Problem with the headphone jack idea is you're going to get people who have imbibed a bit too much who snap them off while humping the game or forgetting to take them out and walking off, but I'm sure it would be fine most of the time.

Maybe get a really short right angle male headphone jack to a female headphone jack adapter. Would cut down on humping damage, and when they walked away, would break free easier.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MHE100.5--hosa-mhe-100.5-6-inch-1-4-inch-f-rt-angle-1-8-inch-mini-adapter?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3274408775&rkg_id=0&product_id=MHE100.5&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping%20-%20Core%20-%20Accessories&adgroup=Accessories%20-%20Cables&placement=google&adpos=1o2&creative=249895767051&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIksntzpe-3gIVRYezCh29SwiNEAQYAiABEgLLWvD_BwE

#6541 5 years ago

Hey All,

Selling my Super Chexx. Had a buddy do some custom players from the movie Slapshot.

Plays as it should. Hours of fun

There are some scuffs in the dome. I’m not an expert so I don’t know if they will buff out.

I’m thinking $2200.00?

I'm in Lake Geneva, WI

https://www.wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1731

#6542 5 years ago

Machine - For Trade
Doctor Who Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Trade only at this time. Really nice game. Great color, time expander (and everything else) works perfect. Reimport. Original topper. Looking to change up the lineup a bit. Will ...”
2018-11-03
Madison, WI
Trade
Archived after: 246 days
Viewed: 650 times
Machine - For Trade
Fish Tales Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Looking to trade a players condition Fish Tales. Good color, orginal topper, no credit dots. Some wear around the ball drops, some bumps/scratches on cabinet. Could use a repro ...”
2018-11-02
Madison, WI
Trade
Archived after: 246 days
Viewed: 921 times

#6543 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Would be neat if they had one that could work in place of the coin chute/insert. I'm not an op but id think one chute/mech and dbv would be enough?

that would be neat!

#6544 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Up for sale is a Bally Captain Fantastic pinball machine. It is a project game and in non working condition. Back box has some lower brackets installed for support due to separati...”
2018-11-05
Rockford, IL
580 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 244 times

#6545 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

CL had a couple good deals this weekend. Anyone get the Black Pyramid or NF?

I saw the Black Pyramid for 100 bucks....how much was the No Fear?

#6546 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I saw the Black Pyramid for 100 bucks....how much was the No Fear?

NF was $1750 OBO.

#6547 5 years ago

Have some projects that I don't have the time and/or room for. Let me know if you are interested and I can send some pictures. All located in the NW suburbs of Chicago. Games have not been gone through and are straight out of homes.
1) $1700 PENDING SALE - Gottlieb Pink Panther. Backglass has flaking, but it's still presentable. Playfield looks pretty good, as does cabinet. Pretty rare/oddball Gottleib with sweet sounds
2) $1200 PENDING SALE - Black Knight. Really Solid overall with nice original playfield and backglass. Really cherry game for being a complete original.
3) $1000 - High Speed. Playfield looks better than most with some minor wear near the top lane like most. BG has some terrible flaking/peeling due to poor storage so would need to be replaced
4) $1300 - Lethal Weapon 3. Looks like a minor project. Powers up but ball won't shoot with gun trigger. Could be fuse, could be switch. Has the plastic light dome topper, but missing actual light beacon mechanism underneath. Playfield could use some cleaning but looks nice, as does DMD.

Will also sell a great condition space mission. Playfield and backglass look great, with some very minor flipper drag wear that is super minute, especially for this title. $700 - Works great - I can send a video of it playing prior to putting into storage if you wish. Game located with the others, in S Barrington (NW suburb) - can pull up right where the game is - no stairs.
https://imgur.com/a/e5ObqRI

LW3 ad Space Mission still up for grabs. Will be around tomorrow AM for a pickup if interested

#6548 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Archived after 1 day 244 views Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt CowboyNew!ArchivedUsed - shows wear, needs some work “Up for sale is a Bally Captain Fantastic pinball machine. It is a project game and in non working condition. Back box has some lower brackets installed for support due to separati...”
580 (Firm)
Edit &amp; Re-listChange listing result

Sold.

#6549 5 years ago

1) $1700 Gottlieb Pink Panther. Backglass has flaking, but it's still presentable. Playfield looks pretty good, as does cabinet. Pretty rare/oddball Gottleib with sweet sounds
3) $900 - High Speed. Playfield looks better than most with some minor wear near the top lane like most. BG has some terrible flaking/peeling due to poor storage so would need to be replaced. Might have a U22 error. Battery holder has some corission, but the board looks clean. Showing adjust failure.

Pink Panther, LW3, High Speed, and Space Mission still up for grabs as deals fell through this morning. Last chance before they are packed and transported to Ohio.

#6550 5 years ago

Does anybody in the Chicago area have a new sheet of Gottlieb System 80 (24-5/8" x 43-3/8") playfield glass? I just picked up a nice Black Hole yesterday, but the glass is pretty scratched up.

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.