FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 241.
#6401 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I find it fascinating how some games get jumped on, while other good games sit and sit. Is it price point? Desirability? Vaults flooding the market? I can certainly see the draw of a sweet Bally compared to a newer Stern, but it's interesting.

Btw - not trying to make a dig at you or your sales, it was just the most recent to quote.

No offense taken. I sold a newer Stern and an old Bally on back to back days, both for full asking price. Dunno if anything in particular made them sell so fast. I just try to hit the sweet spot between priced fairly & priced to move. Once I decide to sell a game I’d rather potentially leave a few bucks on the table than deal with tire kickers & hagglers for weeks. Time (and hassle) is money.

#6402 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I just try to hit the sweet spot between priced fairly & priced to move. Once I decide to sell a game I’d rather potentially leave a few bucks on the table than deal with tire kickers & hagglers for weeks. Time (and hassle) is money.

This works the best for both sellers and buyers.

I'm glad that Yancy is a stand-up guy who held one of these games for me.

#6403 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Helping out a local friend sell his Flintstones pinball machine. $3500 wiped down, lamps working, solenoids tested, display good, all number matching boards. Very little leg wrinkl...”
2018-09-26
Rockford, IL
3,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 240 times

#6404 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Project Bally Captain Fantastic non working. Backglass is nice, playfield wear and cabinet weathered if you will. Located Northern, IL. 61108 Shipping available, but will give lo...”
2018-09-26
Rockford, IL
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 498 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6405 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No offense taken. I sold a newer Stern and an old Bally on back to back days, both for full asking price. Dunno if anything in particular made them sell so fast. I just try to hit the sweet spot between priced fairly & priced to move. Once I decide to sell a game I’d rather potentially leave a few bucks on the table than deal with tire kickers & hagglers for weeks. Time (and hassle) is money.

That's crazy (good!). Perhaps prices on some games are falling faster than we (I?) think. The Iron Man seems reasonably priced and my AC/DC I thought was priced to move. Even at my haggle price, there's just no market, it seems.

#6406 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Perhaps prices on some games are falling faster than we (I?) think. The Iron Man seems reasonably priced and my AC/DC I thought was priced to move. Even at my haggle price, there's just no market, it seems.

The market has definitely become a bit sluggish. There are a lot of nice games sitting unsold for that would have gone quickly a year ago.

#6407 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The market has definitely become a bit sluggish. There are a lot of nice games sitting unsold that would have gone quickly a year ago.

Blame that on the new games and their price.

#6408 5 years ago

Time for the flooded market prices to start coming down some.

#6409 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Time for the flooded market prices to start coming down some.

I think more likely it is time for NIB price competition.

The games taking the biggest hits are ones made in the past 3 years. Collectors realize that and are slowing down on buying.

Good example of this would be Houdini. What did those originally cost with shipping? $7200 ?
They are now selling at 6k on the secondary market.

That is a big hit in a years time.

Combine that with supply of NIB games going way up and the supply of 4 year old or less games also continuing to go up... ripe for some real competition from the distributors and the manufacturers.

#6410 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good example of this would be Houdini. What did those originally cost with shipping? $7200 ?
They are now selling at 6k on the secondary market.
That is a big hit in a years time.

Are they actually SELLING at those prices?

#6411 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Are they actually SELLING at those prices?

a few have been, but the majority see to bee sitting.

The well of new buyers seems to have run dry. I predict after the fall season of new games it may hit 5k.

#6412 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's crazy (good!). Perhaps prices on some games are falling faster than we (I?) think. The Iron Man seems reasonably priced and my AC/DC I thought was priced to move. Even at my haggle price, there's just no market, it seems.

I think its obvious that a wooden backbox original run acdc pro is not worth $4500... its just sitting. Those were selling used for ~$3600 several years ago. Yeah games have gone up since then but better games (IMO) are coming out making some of these amazing games at the time look a bit stale... especially when you have to add $400 + to give it a color screen. I had a hell of a time selling my modded up iron man with a wooden backbox one year ago.. eventually sold it for $4300 for it and took over 6 months to sell. It had everything added to it the same as the one up for sale on pinside now. I think the market for the older wooden backbox "recent generation" sterns will fall where avatar pro is falling now... upper 3's. Plus a ton of new stuff is coming out. Im getting a deadpool pro demo for not a whole much more than what that $4500 acdc pro is asking. To me its a no brainer. Buy the way.. Id still buy that acdc pro as its local to me.. but nowhere near $4500. High 3's yeah. Its just not worth that anymore.

#6413 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

a few have been, but the majority see to bee sitting.
The well of new buyers seems to have run dry. I predict after the fall season of new games it may hit 5k.

After the taxes thing passes for out of state purchases, I'm sure new sales will go down even more. Could really change the market.

#6414 5 years ago

That is exactly it. I actually am debating buying the IM, but then its like, well for $1k more I can have a nib IMDN, MET or DP. Same goes for any of the games I want over $4k. There have been some good games out lately that I can buy new for not that much more.

#6415 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

That is exactly it. I actually am debating buying the IM, but then its like, well for $1k more I can have a nib IMDN, MET or DP. Same goes for any of the games I want over $4k. There have been some good games out lately that I can buy new for not that much more.

I was thinking the same thing. A new game at 1K more seems more attractive.

#6416 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Quoted from NoQuarters:

I was thinking the same thing. A new game at 1K more seems more attractive.

But those new games aren't Iron Man, or LOTR, or (insert X game). You could extend this logic to 6-8K TZ, IJ, CV, ToM, etc. Why spend so much on a 25 yr old game when that's Stern Prem/Le money? upwards towards JJP money?

I get this notion, but I don't...

I was in a similar situation. Was looking at a SM, but then thought "well, I could get a NIB Stern Pro for not much more." But then, none of them were SM...in the end, I ended up going a different route altogether, but it's not like you're upgrading from a Pro to a Prem/LE, where you could put in another 1-1.5K and get the Prem/LE stuff. You're spending your money on a different experience altogether. New isn't always better. Anyways, obviously your money and how you choose to spend it

#6417 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I think the opposite. When games just a few years old (and in many aspects much better build quality) are dropping to 4k, that 5500 for a NIB pro model is stupid. Add on to it that the NIB is going to drop 1k in the secondary when you want to sell in 9-12 months. That 4k IM may be a $200 loss when you want to sell.

Unless NIB base model games start competing on price, sales will continue to drop on the whole (still will be good selling block busters, but those are 1 out of 5 games made on average).

The other big difference I have seen is that many old time collectors have now sold out of stock that they had built up their collection with the past 10-15-20 years. They cashed in that TAF they bought for 2k 10 years ago to buy a brand NEW IMVE. That IMVE has now lost value and the TAF is still gone. Those guys were helping seed the NIB market for the past 5 years with the old game sales (easy to stomach 4500 NIB when it really only cost you a 2k TAF). Hell, many chased the new and now are back paying even more to get back great games like TAF...

#6418 5 years ago

Not to turn this into a pinball pricing thread, but I've personally changed my perspective on the B/C level games. As those have risen to 2k, I'm like, screw it, I'll just save longer for a game I really want rather than what's "affordable" now in my price range. When prices were lower I would've gladly spent money on a less popular pin, but now that the low end pin price range has creeped up and the newer pinballs price range have sort of maatched classic popular titles it really has me much more discerning.

#6419 5 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Not to turn this into a pinball pricing thread, but I've personally changed my perspective on the B/C level games. As those have risen to 2k, I'm like, screw it, I'll just save longer for a game I really want rather than what's "affordable" now in my price range. When prices were lower I would've gladly spent money on a less popular pin, but now that the low end pin price range has creeped up and the newer pinballs price range have sort of maatched classic popular titles it really has me much more discerning.

I mostly agree. I've been looking to buy a machine, but it is really worth it to spend $4500 on an older machine. I've been looking at some one the ones in the $2-3K range that I like (Fish Tales or JP) and think have some value at that price, but I'm still not sure that I shouldn't just buy a NIB IM or DP. The games coming out right now are really compelling and as much as people shit on Stern a lot, the quality has gone up the past few years.

#6420 5 years ago

All what a person wants to do I guess. Buy older used stuff vs new. Up to you.

For me - I'll buy a brand new game at $5600 vs an 8 year old game at $4600 in most instances...

And yes @ tbaum - there are some wonderful new games being produced in the last couple years.

#6421 5 years ago

Yeah, same here NoQuarters. It would be different if the new games were not good, but there are some good choices right now.

#6422 5 years ago

I really want to pick up a CV, but at over NIB prices, I can’t feel good pulling the trigger. I can’t see buying one unless the first digit is a 4 or a 5.

Back to the normal topic, is anyone bringing anything to Expo?

#6423 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I really want to pick up a CV, but at over NIB prices, I can’t feel good pulling the trigger. I can’t see buying one unless the first digit is a 4 or a 5.

Same... but I would be willing to pay retail for CVr when it’s available.

#6424 5 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-chicago-pinball-expo-official-looking-for-trade-sell-thread/page/2#post-4610971

#6425 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Archived after 3 days 498 views Sold for $ 650 Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt CowboyArchivedUsed - shows wear, needs some work “Project Bally Captain Fantastic non working. Backglass is nice, playfield wear and cabinet weathered if you will. Located Northern, IL. 61108 Shipping available, but will give lo...”
Invite buyer for feedback

Sold and pinside fees completed.

#6426 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Sold and pinside fees completed.

Captain Fantastic in it's new home. Thanks again Chad.
To add some interesting info to the mystery holes drilled in the side... Upon closer look; it appears someone installed a 4x6 speaker in the unit there at some point in time. (there is an pencil outline of it and the drilled mount holes) No signs of one of those conversion/squawk boards I've heard about, but who knows.

#6427 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Beautiful kiss le with kiss light mods. 2nd owner very low plays in great condition. Easy access out.”
2018-08-28
Sugar Grove, IL
6,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 45 days
Viewed: 298 times

#6428 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Star Wars LE . Bought new. Less then 75 plays. Absolutely perfect condition. Easy move out. Pictures available on request.”
2018-09-26
Sugar Grove, IL
7,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 17 days
Viewed: 460 times

#6429 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Captain Fantastic in it's new home. Thanks again Chad.
To add some interesting info to the mystery holes drilled in the side... Upon closer look; it appears someone installed a 4x6 speaker in the unit there at some point in time. (there is an pencil outline of it and the drilled mount holes) No signs of one of those conversion/squawk boards I've heard about, but who knows.

Very intersting find Greg. I will look at the other one closely. Thanks again!!

#6430 5 years ago

I have a nice Pinbot for sale in Granite City. Has been in my uncles home since 1994 and before that it was in an operators basement but I don't know for how long. I think its in nice condition myself. I think there is a switch error upon boot up but other than that, it boots up and plays. $1500.

#6431 5 years ago

Putting my Deadpool Pro up for sale soon if anybody is interested. Just picked up an LE so I won't need the Pro any longer.

#6432 5 years ago

Anyone have a Sorcerer they are looking to sell? I can meet up at Expo or come pick it up. Let me know, thanks!

#6433 5 years ago

Still looking for a reasonably priced Meteor.... I'm near expo so if your coming to town for expo I'd love for you to bring it!
Thanks!

#6434 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Still looking for a reasonably priced Meteor.... I'm near expo so if your coming to town for expo I'd love for you to bring it!
Thanks!

There's 2 of them for sale on Craigs List in Minneapolis. You should reach out to both of them and see if they're coming to the expo. Both are under 1k!

#6435 5 years ago

Other - For Sale
“I've got this Characters Unlimited fortune teller. It was made for a shoe store, she (Gigi) has many different sayings...about shoes and running LOL! I was planning on changing her...”
2018-10-09
Des Plaines, IL
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 227 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6436 5 years ago
Quoted from Racerx:

Other - For Sale
Fortune TellerNew!
“I've got this Characters Unlimited fortune teller. It was made for a shoe store, she (Gigi) has many different sayings...about shoes and running LOL! I was planning on changing her...”
16 hours ago Des Plaines, IL 3,800
Racerx

I like how her face looks like Garth from waynes world. "if you're going to spew.......spew into this". Love the cabinet on this one. Much nicer than the cabinet on mine.

#6437 5 years ago

Yep, she needs some better Hair/makeup and a different outfit for sure.... Unless you like the runner gal look.
The mechanics are the same as Zoltan so I suppose someone could get a different face from CharactersUnlimited.
The cabinet is really clean, she probably spent most of her time in the shipping case (which must have cost a fortune).

#6438 5 years ago

I have the following as is machines, all will need to be shopped. I have not had the chance to dig into issues with all machines.
I will list more shortly.
Big hurt, boots up plays, has a transistor issue for ramp, I think. missing speaker plastic panel $1600
Flash, nice condition, needs to be shopped, has a tilt issue when switch is hit, plasy fine except tilt error $1200
Sega Jurrasic park. Unshopped clean. From home owner. $2900
Jungle lord, nice condition, needs to be shopped, works, plays fine $1300
Black Pyramid, nice cabinet, has playfield wear, worked when taken from home. $700 - Sold
Volcano, x2, both cosmetically in great shape. one has a coil issue, games boot up, $1200, $1100.
NBA fast break. Clean. Not really dirty took in as trade. $2995
Nascar, HUO. One switch not working. Clean. From millionaires home in Barrington. One location.
Roller coaster tycoon shopped. Needs batter holder replaced.
Mars god of War, game boots up , may need tweaking, needs to be shopped out $1000
High speed, game has cpu issue, good cosmetics, need to be shopped and board work fixed. $1100
Golden tee 2003 , HUO near mint condition. $900
Ms Pacman, boots up and plays, has sagging of screen in right corner. $700.
EA sports Sit down Nascar, with flat screen tv, has battery issue , resetting . great condition $1200
Space invaders cocktail table, screen is scrambled. $600
Top dawg shuffle game by Williams, $600.00
Pacman cabaret. $600 works
Ms pacman cocktail. Scrambled screen. $700
Midway haunted House rifle game. Complete. Works but needs to be restored $1200
Who Dun it pinball machine. Clean, working. Complete. Needs to be shopped .
Game show, clean . Needs to be shopped. $1800
Dracula unshopped. Complete. Slight planking, ramp has nipple due to light locked on. May have errors.
Shopped out
Time machine, Excellent condition.Nicest I have come across $2300

Nib
Valley Dynamo All Star Baseball and Zombie League
Houdini
Thunderbirds
Deadpool
Acdc
Batman66
Iron Maiden
Metallica monster
Ghostbusters
Attack from Mars SE

Huo
Simpsons x2
No Fear
Family guy
Star Wars premium

#6439 5 years ago

i have a firecracker pinball listed in the marketplace for sale
lots of pics and a good description

bottom line is ill take 525 cash for it

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69242

#6440 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have the following as is machines, all will need to be shopped. I have not had the chance to dig into issues with all machines.
I will list more shortly.
Big hurt, boots up plays, has a transistor issue for ramp, I think. missing speaker plastic panel $1600
Flash, nice condition, needs to be shopped, has a tilt issue when switch is hit, plasy fine except tilt error $1200
Sega Jurrasic park. Unshopped clean. From home owner. $2900
Jungle lord, nice condition, needs to be shopped, works, plays fine $1300
Black Pyramid, nice cabinet, has playfield wear, worked when taken from home. $700 - Sold
Volcano, x2, both cosmetically in great shape. one has a coil issue, games boot up, $1200, $1100.
NBA fast break. Clean. Not really dirty took in as trade. $2995
Nascar, HUO. One switch not working. Clean. From millionaires home in Barrington. One location.
Roller coaster tycoon shopped. Needs batter holder replaced.
Mars god of War, game boots up , may need tweaking, needs to be shopped out $1000
High speed, game has cpu issue, good cosmetics, need to be shopped and board work fixed. $1100
Golden tee 2003 , HUO near mint condition. $900
Ms Pacman, boots up and plays, has sagging of screen in right corner. $700.
EA sports Sit down Nascar, with flat screen tv, has battery issue , resetting . great condition $1200
Space invaders cocktail table, screen is scrambled. $600
Top dawg shuffle game by Williams, $600.00
Pacman cabaret. $600 works
Ms pacman cocktail. Scrambled screen. $700
Midway haunted House rifle game. Complete. Works but needs to be restored $1200
Who Dun it pinball machine. Clean, working. Complete. Needs to be shopped .
Game show, clean . Needs to be shopped. $1800
Dracula unshopped. Complete. Slight planking, ramp has nipple due to light locked on. May have errors.
Shopped out
Time machine, Excellent condition.Nicest I have come across $2300
Nib
Valley Dynamo All Star Baseball and Zombie League
Houdini
Thunderbirds
Deadpool
Acdc
Batman66
Iron Maiden
Metallica monster
Ghostbusters
Attack from Mars SE
Huo
Simpsons x2
No Fear
Family guy
Star Wars premium

Any chance of pictures of the #JP?

#6441 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Any chance of pictures of the #JP?

I'll try to get pics tomorrow night

#6442 5 years ago

Do you take trades for 90s games? Id love to trade my last few low end games for one high end

#6443 5 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I'll try to get pics tomorrow night

Appreciate it.

#6444 5 years ago

Just revised prices to Houdini $6200 and BOP 2.0 $5500.

Like to sell as "Winter is Coming". Seriously, I hate moving games in the winter. No comment Jesse.

#6445 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Just revised prices to Houdini $6200 and BOP 2.0 $5500.
Like to sell as "Winter is Coming". Seriously, I hate moving games in the winter. No comment Jesse.

Hey, my offer to "even trade" Avatar is still open. It's a nice one!

#6446 5 years ago

Did anyone get the 1,800 Fish Tales that popped up on CL yesterday?

#6447 5 years ago

Ok long shot but looking for a Fathom (thanks a lot KK bastard) in nice plus condition and a Doctor Who preferably in really nice condition. Will pay for the right examples and willing to drive pretty far for the right deal or lead on one. Dam this addiction is expensive. PM anytime thanks.

#6448 5 years ago
Quoted from uptownsinclair:

Did anyone get the 1,800 Fish Tales that popped up on CL yesterday?

I was the second caller

#6449 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I was the second caller

Bet it gets flipped for 4k by a certain some one...

#6450 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I was the second caller

You mean you didnt offer $2500 to come get it? Thats what usually happens to me.

There are 12,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.