FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 243.
#6101 5 years ago

Last call.

I'm looking for someone sitting on an old taxi playfield that is beyond bringing back with touch-up. I'm about to sand down an average one to hardtop it.

Anyone?

#6102 5 years ago

Buyer backed out after telling me he wanted and made me wait a week then stopped responding. So anyone one who contacted me interested I relisted it.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fish Tales Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Fish tales fully shopped with all new rubbers, all LEDs, color dmd, new updated chip, cliffy protectors, new legs, No battery damage. No broken plastics, minor fish wear better the...”
2018-06-16
Elburn, IL
3,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 448 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6103 5 years ago

Any Father's Day pinball trades or sales? I've got an itch and thinking IMDN Premium. Talk to me Goose.

#6104 5 years ago

I will be listing a CFTBL this week or when I get off my lazy butt. Have pictures and game works and looks perfect. Cabinet had a few minor black touch ups but only noticeable if your are looking for them. New LEDS (minimal color puke) and New lockdown bar and rails as they had a few dents that bugged me. PM me if there is Hopefully a local interest. I so hate shipping but will do what I have to. Must go to a good home and please refrane from feeding Creech after midnight.

#6105 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Any Father's Day pinball trades or sales? I've got an itch and thinking IMDN Premium. Talk to me Goose.

you've lost that loving feeling.

#6106 5 years ago

I know it's a long shot but before I formally post For Sale......anybody have a Pinball Magic to trade for my Champion Pub?

#6107 5 years ago

Anyone have any SS Ballys or Sterns they are looking to sell?

#6108 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have a Bally Playboy that is going to get restored this summer and will be for sale. Electronics are already bulletproofed and updated. Backglass is bubbling but good (I have another one). Cabinet will be getting new stencils and playfield will be getting an overlay.

#6109 5 years ago
Quoted from p1001:

I know it's a long shot but before I formally post For Sale......anybody have a Pinball Magic to trade for my Champion Pub?

I have a ridiculously nice Pinball Magic that will be on the block soon. Not looking for CP unfortunately but will trade for cash. Would trade for early SS games though +/- cash of course.

#6110 5 years ago

Just picked up a CFTBL (thank you Yelobird).

Is anyone sitting on any CFTBL mods they don't plan to get to or have sitting around? Figure before I start hunting down those cool ones (speaker panel tail light, maybe chrome version, spare creature window, etc) at the pin stores I'd try here first. I'll pay cash but also have some stuff to possibly trade.

My hologram is blue so yes, if anyone has a Mike D kit PM me please - don't post here (damn vultures - you know who you are ). I'd be willing to trade some of my keeper pin items for one. Also, if you have a used green hologram that I could save some bucks on over a new one @ planetary pinball that would be cool too.

#6111 5 years ago

Need a tv mount for the garage or game room? I am your guy right now. I have multiple peerles av setups for 40-60” tvs. I also have computer mounting hard ware for mounting pcs to the backs of the monitors before they mount to the wall.

I have pics, shoot me a pm with you cell and I can send them over. I need this stuff gone by end of week.

FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE

Its all in woodridge off 355 and boughton area.

Edit:
Let me also be clear. These are for flat screen TVs. No old CRT junk. All newer TV brackets.

If some one can take EVERYTHING in once shot, that would be ideal.

#6112 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Frontier

#6113 5 years ago

Looking for a meteor

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a Meteor near Chicago. Will drive a reasonable distance to pick up. Let me know what you have. Working or not. Thanks!!”
2018-06-25
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 155 times

and still looking for an iron man! Thanks!!

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Let me know what you have... may entertain an original run for the right price. Thanks!!”
2018-10-20
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 182 times

#6114 5 years ago

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

What a deal, someone should nab it. I know its a bit north but ee man.

#6115 5 years ago

pair of lw3 projects with missing parts for $800 is interesting too

#6116 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Idk, No backglass, missing boards, cabinet damage (can be seen in pictures) and other various missing pieces. For 400 more bucks you get a good working one.

#6117 5 years ago

I email him and its already got a pending buyer

#6118 5 years ago

I was going to PM this guy and ask for a price on this, but I seem to be on ignore. LOL.

#6119 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

$800 EACH

#6120 5 years ago

it's gone, but no.. he was selling each for $400.. wasn't clear what condition the playfield was in, but definitely missing boards, lockdown bar, translite.

#6122 5 years ago

I have a Flash Gordon - player condition that I'm going to put up for sale soon.

#6123 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

it's gone, but no.. he was selling each for $400.. wasn't clear what condition the playfield was in, but definitely missing boards, lockdown bar, translite.

Still posted

No - 800 EACH

#6124 5 years ago

I have an excellent Target Alpha that I will be posting soon.

#6125 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Still posted
No - 800 EACH

As someone who enjoys restoring a good project, even at 400 this is over priced :/

#6126 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

As someone who enjoys restoring a good project, even at 400 this is over priced :/

Yeah, definitely agree; even if playfields were really nice. Starting with banged up cabs and knowing boards and misc are missing plus legs and lock down bars missing etc. That's a hard pressed restore for the cost.

#6127 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

$1600 for the pair!

Per the ad:

"800.00 each no less. They are both projects need many parts. Missing boards, legs lockdown bars backglass. Play fields looked ok. Any questions call me thx"

#6128 5 years ago

Saw them yesterday, unless you want to chase parts forever, they are not a good buy, You need not walk away. Might be better to run!!

#6129 5 years ago

Hey all,
I would really like to get into my first EM and some of the ones that seem fun are:
Volley
C-37
Atlantis
North Star
Jacks Open
Abra Cadabra

I like working on things but would want something that plays well. Hoping to get into something that won't break the bank but be fun for my wife and parents to like, but still be good fun for me too. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

#6130 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey all,
I would really like to get into my first EM and some of the ones that seem fun are:
Volley
C-37
Atlantis
North Star
Jacks Open
Abra Cadabra
I like working on things but would want something that plays well. Hoping to get into something that won't break the bank but be fun for my wife and parents to like, but still be good fun for me too. Appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

gjm7777 good luck but it looks like you choose all the highest priced ones!

#6131 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey all,
Volley
C-37
Atlantis
North Star
Jacks Open
Abra Cadabra
Thanks!

talk to FatPanda about his TA Great classic layout/fun EM and his is super nice, esp for the price.

#6132 5 years ago

Thanks guys, it figures those would be the expensive ones!

Guess ill just need to be patient or get lucky, or figure out whats pretty fun for 4-600 bucks. I cant really find much frame of reference for what many of these games go for.

Appreciate the help and advice though.

#6133 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Guess ill just need to be patient or get lucky, or figure out whats pretty fun for 4-600 bucks.

Plenty of other EMs that are really fun and way less pricey. Find somewhere that you can play a wide variety of EMs and you'll find some that you love.

#6134 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey all,
Thanks!

Quoted from Whysnow:

talk to fatpanda about his TA Great classic layout/fun EM and his is super nice, esp for the price.

It's right in front of you.

Target Alpha is a 4 player version of one of the most popular 1 player wedgeheads around. Granted, the ruleset is slightly nerfed, but 4 player = can play with wife/parents at the same time. Not sure what FatPanda is asking, but Target Alphas tend to be affordable. Certainly compared to it's single player counterparts.

#6135 5 years ago

#target-alpha from what I have seen maybe on the way down in price. I did see one about a month ago for $800.00. The enemy of the seller is time give enough prices will fall.

Sorry but what his list states:

Volley
C-37
Atlantis
North Star
Jacks Open
Abra Cadabra

#target-alpha isn't on it. Thank God he didn't want a Strange World as one on pinside is for sell for $2,600.00!

#6136 5 years ago

Since you all are talking about it

Machine - For Sale
Target Alpha Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I'm listing up a very nice Target Alpha for sale. The backglass has a small defect on the lower left, but otherwise in excellent condition. The playfield is in excellent condition,...”
2018-06-28
Madison, WI
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 383 times

#6137 5 years ago

43 project pins for sale in McLean, IL.
https://www.vintagevideogames.com/project-pinball-sale

#6138 5 years ago

That F2K backglass is the strangest thing. Why would anyone go through that trouble?

#6139 5 years ago

Can you post a list? The computer I'm on here blocks Facebook & U-tube. So I can't see anything from there. Price, etc. Thanks

#6140 5 years ago

It's not on facebook or youtube. Maybe your network is blocking anything with "game" in the URL. My old office used to do that.

Anyway, the list is hundreds of lines long (with descriptions). I'll let someone else post that beast.

#6141 5 years ago

This is not my sale - just posting for those that wanted to read from work

https://www.vintagevideogames.com/project-pinball-sale

PROJECT PINBALL MACHINES FOR SALE:

Alien Poker - $400 - 1980 Williams - 6,000 produced - This is a fun game with three flippers, speech, self-dropping targets, fast action.

What makes this one a project: non-working, and missing the backglass. Also missing the playfield glass. Appears to be otherwise complete, but I've never hooked it up or plugged it in. Cabinet is pretty rough, especially the head. The playfield looks like it will clean up well to me. Certainly restorable, but will take some effort and parts.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cYELSRtUQRfsaAN8A

Aspen - $200 - 1979 Brunswick - unknown production - This is a game that was produced for the home - no coin operation.

What makes this one a project: nothing, actually. I bought it over 20 years ago at an auction and at the time I recall it was working, or appeared to be. I disassembled it and put it in my warehouse and have never set it up again. Being non-coin-op, I just can't use it for my museum.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/T7TFTpnmYnemQ1gT9

Beach Club - $500 - 1953 Bally - unknown production - This is a bingo style game in really nice condition.

What makes this one a project: Just that it hasn't been set up in a long time, and may have stopped working. I bought it over 20 years ago from a nice guy in Peoria who had stage 4 cancer. This was in his basement and he told me it was working. I know so little about Bingo machines that I don't even know the difference between working and non-working. I have not set it up again since, and it probably no longer works just from sitting so long. But shouldn't take much to get it working again. It is in amazing condition considering it is 65 YEARS OLD! The backglass has some flaking, but just around the edges. Most of it is gorgeous.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKN4fwgSaFn14u3z5

Black Hole - $900 - 1981 Gottlieb - 8,774 produced - This is one of the most classic Gottlieb solid-state pinballs ever. It has some neat features: speech, multiball, a second playfield beneath a window that the ball drops down to, double-mirrored 3-d backglasses, etc.

An old friend in the business told me a great story about Black Hole. His name was Greg Krosse of Wizzard's Amusements in Peoria, IL. Greg was tragically murdered in the 90s by someone he had taken off the streets and tried to help get back on his feet. Greg was really a great guy and had an amazing collection of classic games that he treasured. Despite the fact that I had been friends with Greg for 10 years, I got to watch some vultures driving away with most of these classic games on the back of a rickety trailer after buying them from his heirs for next to nothing.

Anyway, here is the story. There was a big arcade in downtown Peoria years ago, that once had a terrible robbery. Apparently a whole gang of guys came in the middle of the night and completely emptied the place. They stole everything - the changers, the games, the furniture - they even took the toilet paper off the rolls in the bathroom. But they left the Black Hole.

This is one of the favorite stories I've heard over the years about the amusement business. It captures perfectly the sentiment of route operators in the 1990s about Gottlieb System 80 games like Black Hole. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Of course, since someone has come out with replacement MPU boards that actually work, they are experiencing a massive and well-deserved resurgence in popularity. And they were always popular with players, just not the people who had to maintain them.

What makes this one a project: It is non-working and missing the playfield glass. I bought it like this and have never set it up. I have no idea what state it is in, so the pictures are going to be more help to you than my words. It actually looks complete and in pretty good shape. I think it will clean up nicely and end up being a good machine for someone. It will probably need a replacement MPU based on my experience with System 80 boards. But I don't know.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8PiMnEpQZfFS4VRr6

Bowling Queen - $500 - 1964 Gottlieb - 2,650 produced - This is classic Gottlieb wedge-head single player pinball. A fun game with backglass animation - balls that count up as you score things on the playfield.

What makes this one a project: nothing, really. I purchased this game at an auction about 8 to 10 years ago where it was set up and appeared to be working. I have not set it up or messed with it since. It really just needs fully shopped out and touched up I believe. But it may have stopped working in the meantime and may need repair.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oTNG95aSvfyH8phQA

Card Whiz - $500 - 1976 Gottlieb - 3,250 produced - This is a classic Gottlieb two player card-themed game. It's the two player version of Royal Flush, which is a very popular game.

What makes this one a project: has some minor glitchy problem that I haven't been able to track down because I don't have the schematics. I had this in my Route 66 arcade museum for about a year, and it worked fine. Then it started having trouble starting a game. I'm sure it's just a single contact somewhere in the reset / start relay path, but without the schematics I just can't figure it out. I could buy the schematics, but I don't really care about the game anyway, so I'll just sell it. It's in really good shape. Playfield, cabinet, backglass are all in very good condition. And once you figure out that start problem, it will be a good working, good playing game.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6oxQRWBkW7eYHpTn6

Cosmos - $750 - 1969 Bally - 2,160 produced - This is sought-after Bally game designed by Ted Zale. It features some unique backbox animation and zipper flippers. Apparently, when you get the ball in a certain place, the backbox shows the ball orbiting the earth.

What makes this one a project: Not sure of the status. I bought it from a basement in Bloomington, IL with a couple of other games. I don't remember what the guy told me about its working condition. It might be working. Or it might have stopped working. Either way, it looks complete and certainly is restorable. The backglass is in pretty bad shape - lots of paint flaking. But the body and the playfield look pretty nice. Should be decent when you're done, especially if you can find a better or repro backglass.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eRStSCaFELouR23Q7

Crosstown - $750 - 1966 Gottlieb - 2,765 produced - This is an iconic Gottlieb wedge-head with great artwork and cool backbox animation. The cabinet has been completely restored like new, and it is complete and ready for the rest to be restored.

What makes this one a project: Not working. I believe it is complete and probably can be made to be working perfectly. I started with a rather rough Cross Town. I hired someone to completely remake the cabinet, which he did and did a fabulous job. It's as good as new. Then I transferred all of the guts from the old game to the new cabinet. Then I lost interest in the project and it sat in my warehouse for 15 years. But it should be able to be restored...I don't know of anything that would prevent it.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/B3stWtTZV71eiAJy7

Darling - $450 - 1973 Williams - 3,677 produced - Nice condition EM two player game that is pretty close to fully working. Similar playfield to Skylab.

What makes this one a project: This is close to fully working. I had it in my Route 66 Arcade Museum for over a year, fully working. Something stopped working on it, I honestly can't remember what, and I just rotated it out because it was time. And I haven't touched it since. But it can't be far from working. It is in very good condition physically - cabinet, playfield, and backglass are all very presentable, but not perfect. The people on the backglass look like they have some kind of skin disease due to the flaking of that flesh colored paint. The other paint seems mostly intact. Back door is present and in good shape.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eXEyFnkysWr45smi9

Deluxe Fun Cruise - $750 - 1966 Bally - 460 produced - Very Rare, flipperless pinball machine from the 60s. I never knew Bally even made these things. Why? I don't know. I would have thought that by 1966, Bally would have figured out that flippers were a worthwhile innovation. But I guess they were questioning it enough to crank out 460 of these Deluxe Fun Cruises. It's actually a nice looking game in excellent condition. And if you're a collector, you probably need this in your collection for street cred - not many have them.

What makes this one a project: Just the fact that I have never set it up or plugged it in. I bought out a guy who inherited his father-in-law's route remains. This was among them, and he knew nothing of the condition. Nor did I...I just bought it and never had time to set it up. It looks to be in such nice condition that it probably is either fully working or would take little effort to get it fully working. The cabinet, playfield, and backglass are all in excellent condition. Has original back door, and looks super clean and nice inside.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qmF883xz7LBNFtme6

Dixieland - $300 - 1968 Bally - 1,800 produced - Another famous and sought-after Ted Zale game. This game has zipper flippers and art from Christian Marche.

What makes this one a project: Missing some key stuff, like the backglass, playfield glass, and some playfield parts like the flipper bats. Might be other stuff missing too....check the pictures. I haven't examined it very closely or ever set it up and tried to see if it's working. Just bought it like this and I'm selling it like this. Also, I might have stolen the coin door off of it after taking this picture for another game. So check with me before you commit to buying it and I will go look to see if the coin door is gone as well. I just can't remember.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/y5F634kgnYxZL2hc8

Fashion Show - $750 - 1962 Gottlieb - 2,675 produced - This is a beautiful game with Roy Parker artwork, in very nice condition.

What makes this one a project: I haven't set it up and made sure it's fully working. I think it is. If it isn't, it isn't far from it. This game is in outstanding condition. The cabinet has been well re-painted, the playfield looks to be in great shape, the backglass also looks to be in great shape. Should clean up to be a real nice game. I just have too many EM pinballs for my future needs, so I'm thinning the herd.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HWdo8ovVF8WBWcBr9

Firepower - $450 - 1980 Williams - 17,410 produced - This classic Williams solid state game had a lot of new features. The first game with lane-change, the first solid state game with multiball, first playfield animation. I've had many Firepowers over the years and have always liked the game. It plays fast and has great sound effects and speech. The artwork is nice also.

What makes this one a project: It is non-working and needs a little bit of cabinet/wood work. The cabinet work is just on the bottom of the head. For some reason, the bottom of the head was replaced with another piece of wood. And it was well done and is solid now, but for some reason they made the bottom piece about an inch too short so there is no track to put the backglass in when you install it. So you just need to glue / screw in a piece of wood about the size of a furring strip with a groove cut in it. You can see this in the pictures linked to below.

Also, I have never set it up or plugged it in, but assume it is totally non-working. So you might need to either repair some boards or buy some rottendog ones. I just don't know. There look to be a couple things missing - the plunger rod and maybe something that mounts the knocker coil.

Physically, it isn't in bad shape. The playfield is better than most I have owned. And the backglass is also better than most I have owned. But neither are excellent....just decent. The cabinet is pretty solid and nice other than what is described above. The playfield glass is also missing.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mPTCTy4hkyPKczm97

Flash - $450 - 1980 Williams - 19,505 produced - This was Steve Ritchie's first pinball at Williams. It was the first pinball with flash lamps, and dynamic background sound.

What makes this one a project: non-working. Physically, it is in decent condition and just needs a good shop job. The cabinet is solid, the playfield looks pretty good, and the backglass is better than most. But it is going to probably need a rottendog replacement MPU board - this one looks like it has acid damage on it, so not really worth repairing.

It does look complete for the most part - I don't see anything missing. It even appears to have a manual inside.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/764avdq9uHqXN4oA7

Flash (2) - $450 - 1980 Williams - 19,505 produced - This was Steve Ritchie's first pinball at Williams. It was the first pinball with flash lamps, and dynamic background sound.

What makes this one a project: non-working. Completely untested, but probably needs a lot of work. Playfield is filthy, but looks like it might clean up pretty well. the cabinet looks solid and decent. the backglass is flaky like every flash I've seen.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/W3K8NiLzKyPhy3xu6

Flight 2000 - $650 - 1980 Stern - 6,301 produced - This is a very cool wide-body game from Stern. I actually remember playing this game a fair bit when I was a kid...it was lots of fun.

What makes this one a project: non-working. Physically, it is in decent condition and just needs a good shop job. The cabinet is solid, the playfield looks pretty good, but the backglass has the weirdest problem I've ever seen on a backglass. It appears to be cut in 1" strips and flaking off. I would love to research the history of this game and figure out what happened to this backglass. But I wouldn't know where to start. But the playfield is actually remarkably nice for a Flight 2000. I've had quite a few of these, and this is by far the nicest I've ever owned.

I loaned this to a friend who was going to fix it and restore it for me. He actually did quite a bit of work. He replaced the transformer power board with a new rottendog. He also rebuilt the flippers with all new parts, and took apart all of the mechanical stuff under the playfield and cleaned it and got it all moving smoothly. But he wasn't able to get the game to boot up, and eventually ran out of time and just returned it. I haven't even hooked it up since he returned it.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/j3314xQnsxkccf1u9

Gladiator cabinet body - $50 - 1956 Gottlieb - 1,200 produced

What makes this one a project: This is just an empty body for the game. The only usable part on it is the wooden lock-down bar, which is actually in really nice shape and works. The cabinet sides might also be used for decoration. The body was in a basement that flooded, though, so the bottom of it is very rough / rotting / moldy.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3aqLVfQfrsadm2F8A

Gridiron - $500 - 1969 Williams - unknown production - This is a very cool pitch and bat game from Williams. I find it rather ironic and comical that you are using a pitch and bat mechanical device to play a football themed game.

What makes this one a project: I've never set it up and have no idea if it works or not. Looks complete and should be restorable. Everything looks pretty solid and in decent condition, but far from perfect. It is missing the top playfield glass and I think the back door for the head. Looks like a mouse nest in the bottom. But I don't see any mouse damage.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kEb4fxWG5PfkKkD58

Hardbody - $250 - 1987 Bally - 2,000 produced - Unique pinball with two-level playfield, lots to shoot at.

What makes this one a project: This is a complete basket-case. I don't know that it is worth attempting to restore. The cabinet was stood on it's back in a basement where it got in a flood, which kind of expanded the wood on the back / bottom. It has held together, but is dirty, moldy, etc....just plain nasty. And it is missing a lot of stuff - like the main boards and the backglass and the coin door and the ball trough cover, etc. Someone had started to part this out.

I used to operate one of these and it actually isn't a bad game to play. But this particular one is probably just good for parts unless you like a massive challenge.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BH8AweFrXHV58up9A

Hawaii - $500 - 1947 United - unknown production - This is a beautiful pre-flipper machine.

What makes this one a project: I've never set it up and plugged it in. Looks to be pretty much complete and in good shape. It might be fully working - don't know. Bought it about 10 years ago from a guy with a ton of machines who had no idea whether it worked or not, and I never even set it up. Either way, shouldn't be too hard to get fully working -these early games are pretty simple mechanically.

Also, this game is physically in remarkably good condition for its age. The backglass looks nice, minimal flaking overall. The playfield looks gorgeous, very little wear. The cabinet even is in pretty nice condition, including the original coin door which is fairly uncommon.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GBCx1dFhbdqMQw3c9

Incredible Hulk empty head - $50 - 1979 Gottlieb - 6,150 produced

What makes this one a project: This is just the empty head - nothing else included. I just don't have any use for it.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gJc8iqHyXPMRqiQ78

Jumping Jack - $300 - 1973 Gottlieb - 4,975 produced - Fun two player EM pinball with 4 flippers and a great row of drop targets.

What makes this one a project: Mainly the body. The bottom/back of the body of this game is destroyed. The rest of the game is in great condition. The head and backglass look great. The playfield looks great. Even the electronics inside the body look good. But the body itself is destroyed. Probably sat in water at some point on its back and rotted. So you will need to either build a new body, or put it in an empty one you have from another project. After that it should clean up nicely.

I've never put this together, so I don't know the operating condition of it, but these EM Gottliebs are rarely a problem to get working.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/q7cqvqpQnTHTun1c9

Joker Wild - $750 - 1970 Bally - unknown production - Bingo style playfield that lights up poker hands for the player.

What makes this one a project: Nothing. It should be fully working, although I have never set it up since purchasing it about 20 years ago. It's in excellent condition, also. A little flaking on the backglass, but otherwise excellent.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hsfoLpFkwjnW7XTZ8

Jungle Lord - $900 - 1981 Williams - 6,000 produced - Great multi-level playfield, talking, multiball, magna-save, tons-to-shoot-at pinball in the vein of Black Knight. Most players like the play on this better than black knight (including me). Although this backglass isn't in great shape, it is a mirrored backglass with great artwork.

What makes this one a project: I've just never set it up and plugged it in, and it probably isn't working. I bought it as a complete, unknown pinball about 15 years ago. It definitely looks complete and in great shape inside and out. The backglass has major paint flaking, but the boards look super clean and the underside of the playfield looks in great shape.

I'm sure this will probably need some work, but shouldn't need much, and should be a really nice game when you're done. I would keep it for my museum, but I just have so many games already, I have to thin the herd a little.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3aNP4aGEZNqEySWYA

King Kool - $1000 - 1972 Gottlieb - 3,325 produced - Really nice, popular two player card-themed EM game from Gottlieb. This one is in great condition.

What makes this one a project: I've just never set it up and plugged it in. It was supposed to be working when I bought it, but from sitting in my warehouse for over a decade, it will probably need some cleaning and tweaking. But shouldn't take much effort. It is also in excellent condition - body, playfield, and backglass. It has the original back door. Even the coin door looks good on this thing. I should keep it for my museum, but I think I have too many EM pins already saved for it, so I'm thinning the herd.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aJrjq4WU8RJCBx4j7

King Kool playfield - $75 - 1972 Gottlieb - 3,325 produced - Just an extra playfield for a King Kool

What makes this one a project: It's just a playfield.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gz6SQDU3kVCSzagg9

Kings of Steel - $1250 - 1984 Bally - 2,900 produced - This is a great solid-state pinball from Bally. It has those great sound effects from mid 80s bally games that I love so much. It has a fairly simple playfield, but still has pretty decent rules and is a fun game to play. I really don't want to sell it.

What makes this one a project: Now this game I know WELL. I had this on my route for over 10 years, and just pulled it off because it was broken into. The only thing really wrong with it is that it needs a new coin door. They pretty much destroyed the coin door when the busted in. The game is actually fully working - even the self dropping targets and all the displays.

It does also BADLY need a shop job and new bulbs. And frankly it needs the lamp driver upgraded to drive LEDs instead of these incandescent 555s. You know these ballys from the mid 80s - they end up turning all the bulbs mirrored and then they burn out. Not sure what causes it, but it is inevitable, so this needs upgraded to LEDs. I have this one priced higher because I don't really care if I sell it.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/d8mH9GTJFjBBFW1s6

Knockout - $1000 - 1975 Bally - 2,085 produced - Fairly rare Bally two player EM pinball. This one is in great physical condition. Looks like an interesting game.

What makes this one a project: I've just never set it up and plugged it in. It was supposed to be close to fully working when I bought it, but from sitting in my warehouse for over a decade it will probably need some tweaking. It has a note on it (from the previous owner) "Needs more work". I think the owner thought it was all ready to go, and one of his employees was playing it and noticed something not fully working and put that note on. It came from an operator in eastern Ohio.

However, this one should be really nice when done. the backglass looks basically perfect to me. The cabinet is excellent, and there is very little wear on the playfield. It think you will have a real winner with this game. It does appear to be missing the metal back door for the head.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WvZ3mQ9Y9ztSCVsT9

Millionaire - $200 - 1987 Williams - 3,500 produced - Gambling themed pinball from Williams mid 80s. System 11. It's a decent game. this one is as rough as a cob though - not sure it is possible to bring it back.

What makes this one a project: A LOT. Mostly the cabinet...it sat folded up on the ground in a basement that flooded once. The bottom/back of the cabinet got wet and started to expand / break up / get moldy. The rest of the game seems in ok shape, and maybe it can still survive with that nasty back/bottom of the cabinet. But I don't want it in my collection anymore.

Also, the boards are probably all non-working. The display board will just need to be replaced with one of those LED displays - this one is missing 4 out of 5 of the glass tubes. The playfield actually looks pretty nice, and is mostly complete. But the coin door is missing. I don't know - this one will take a LOT of work to get back to ship shape. But probably worth $200 just for the parts I suppose.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HYXWbePtBGshTmYWA

Olympics - $300 - 1962 Gottlieb - 2,200 produced - Nice looking Roy Parker EM wedgehead from Gottlieb.

What makes this one a project: Mainly the cabinet and that it's not working. Someone painted the cabinet black. It is also a bit rough - the bottom is starting to come out of the body. I have also never set it up and tried to get it working, so I don't know what it's working status is. But from looking at it, it could take some serious effort to get it working. Or it could be working now. But it looks a bit old and rusty to me. These single player gottliebs are among the easiest to get working though in my humble opinion.

Cosmetically , the playfield and backglass are actually in pretty decent, respectable condition. You couldn't win any awards with them, but they look pretty good to me for over 50 years old.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dZTEsVqLdxjnbnwFA

Op-Pop-Pop - $500 - 1969 Bally - 1,050 produced - Another fairly rare Ted Zale game from Bally. This one looks to be in outstanding condition - other than the cracked backglass. Very interesting playfield like most of Ted Zale's designs. This one has zipper flippers, too!

What makes this one a project: I've never set it up and checked to see if it's working. This came from a huge IL operator that I bought games from all the way back in 1987 when I was a freshman in college. He had this game, along with about a dozen others, up in storage in the upper rafter area of his warehouse and he said he would never sell these games. They were precious to him. Well that guy went to prison, someone else took over his business, who also wouldn't sell them to me. Then about 10 years later, someone bought out the company, and they also wouldn't sell me the games. Then a fourth company came along to buy them out. I went back to the third people, and on the day before the 4th company took over, they sold me those games in the rafters! and by the way, that was only about 1 or 2 years ago. 30 years later...LOL. Good things come to those who wait!

Anyway, this was one of those "priceless" games. I mean, this is a cool pinball and all, but with the broken glass, I'm not sure why he thought it was gold. But anyway, it has been in deep storage for at least 31 years....probably 20 years before that as well. So it's in really good shape. It looks like the last IL license sticker is from 1976, so it probably came off the route then - 42 years in storage. Probably fully working or very close.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jy6gXS6GPCiaHJjw6

Pennant Fever - $900 - 1984 Williams - 750 produced - A rather rare pitch and bat game. Designed by Mark Ritchie!

What makes this one a project: I've never set it up and checked to see if it's working. But I was told that it was not working when I bought it.

It looks complete, and is in overall EXCELLENT condition - cabinet, playfield, backglass. Worst case scenario, you buy a rottendog for it and boom, you're in business. This will end up being an outstanding piece when you're done. I'd keep it, but I actually already have a ton of pitch and bats, so I'm thinning the herd.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sJ99ySAbvbLw2DCo8

Pinball Pool - $900 - 1979 Gottlieb - 7,200 produced - Wonderful robots-playing-pretty-girls-in-pool themed pinball. Excellent condition

What makes this one a project: I've never set it up and checked to see if it's working. This came from an IL operator who picked up all of his pinball machines about 20-30 years ago and just put them in (dry, climate controlled) storage. I was lucky enough to purchase all of them. As you can see from the pictures, this thing is in outstanding condition, inside and out. It's gorgeous. Yes, it still has the original System 1 MPU board, but now that there are replacements, worst case scenario, you just replace the MPU board and I'll bet the thing is working. or if not it's a piece of cake to take care of the minor issues after that. And you will have a VERY nice pinball when you're done with this one.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h7KjXGh3xx9WfMPb6

Playboy (1) - $800 - 1978 Bally - 18,250 produced - 4th most successful pinball machines of all time. This is also the highest rated, and highest produced, and most valued playboy pinball.

What makes this one a project: LOTS. first and foremost, it is missing the backglass. I bought this with no backglass thinking, no problem, I probably have several extra backglasses on my shelves. I didn't. and I can't find anyone else who does either. If you do, buy this thing and restore it please.

Also, the cabinet is a bit rough. The playfield looks like it will actually clean up pretty well, but has had some parts scavenged off it. If you buy this, and you don't have access to scrap bally playfield parts, I'll let you pull some scrap parts off some scrap playfields I have to complete what's missing. But my scrap playfields are pretty nasty.

The game looks like it has all the boards and displays in it, but I have no idea if any of it is working or not. It was bought in a lot with a bunch of project games from an operator a while back. I've restored several other games from his lot and they ended up not being too bad, for what it's worth.

But go into this one with your eyes open - it is a total project. But looks to have potential to be pretty decent when you're done. It is also missing the playfield glass.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1AchxvVLPC7AWDMG9

Playboy (2) - $800 - 1978 Bally - 18,250 produced - 4th most successful pinball machines of all time. This is also the highest rated, and highest produced, and most valued playboy pinball.

What makes this one a project: LOTS. first and foremost, it is missing the backglass. I bought this with no backglass thinking, no problem, I probably have several extra backglasses on my shelves. I didn't. and I can't find anyone else who does either. If you do, buy this thing and restore it please.

Also, the cabinet is a bit rough. The playfield looks like it will actually clean up pretty well, but has had some parts scavenged off it. If you buy this, and you don't have access to scrap bally playfield parts, I'll let you pull some scrap parts off some scrap playfields I have to complete what's missing. But my scrap playfields are pretty nasty.

The game looks like it has all the boards and displays in it, but I have no idea if any of it is working or not. It was bought in a lot with a bunch of project games from an operator a while back. I've restored several other games from his lot and they ended up not being too bad, for what it's worth.

But go into this one with your eyes open - it is a total project. But looks to have potential to be pretty decent when you're done. It is also missing the playfield glass.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/DbiQuRHxKLVNZ7fN9

Skylab - $500 - 1974 Williams - 3,651 produced - Iconic space themed pinball. Very good condition.

What makes this one a project: Nothing really. I just haven't set it up and verified that it's working. I did buy it from a guy who told me it was working. But who knows....he might have been lying. It does look clean and complete.

At any rate, it looks to be in pretty nice condition - cabinet, playfield, and backglass. Should be easy to get working 100% and will be a pretty nice game when you're done.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mhUcw5YGFNd9bcbE7

Space Invaders - $900 - 1980 Bally - 11,400 produced - What an amazing pinball - gorgeous artwork, based on the classic video game. Wide-body, great sound effects, cool double-mirrored backglass with infinity effect.

What makes this one a project: Nothing really. It's just a little flaky. I got this working in my shop. In fact I had my youngest daughter learn how to shop a playfield on this game. She waxed it and buffed it and replaced all the bulbs and rubbers. But it ended up a bit flaky and I needed the space in my shop, so I just broke it down and moved it out. Then I decided to just sell it in my project pinball sale, even though it would be no big deal to fix it. I have another one, so I'll just keep that one.

The playfield is kind of worn. The backglasses are perfect. The cabinet is average, but very solid.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/w5yQ3DzrRE48smFs7

Star Explorer - $150 - 1977 Consolidated Industries, Inc. - unknown production - The only thing super notable about this game is that my Uncle Harold had one in his basement while I was growing up. He was an awesome guy who served on a submarine in WWII. Even though this is just a home-use pinball, it was better than nothing to a kid who loved pinball. I bought this one just for the memories. I have never plugged it in so I don't know if it works. But I think I got it at an amusement auction and I think it was working there.

What makes this one a project: Just that I have never plugged it in and don't know if it's working or not. The cabinet is a bit wounded in a couple places too. Should clean up good.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jLSQg7dJiovS78TS7

Swing Time - $750 - 1963 Williams - 700 produced - A very low production Williams wedgehead. This is an add-a-ball designed by Steve Kordek.

What makes this one a project: Just needs shopped. It was fully working when I got it. I haven't set it up since. It appears to be missing the back door of the head. The playfield looks to be in great condition. The cabinet looks a little worn, and the backglass has people with a flesh eating disease that is so common on old backglasses. Of course, it may have stopped working while I've had it in storage, but at any rate it should be easy to get it working if it has developed a problem.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1bDPSK7b11YB6v966

Ten Spot - $700 - 1961 Williams - 900 produced - A very low production Williams EM game. A pretty nice example.

What makes this one a project: Just needs a few minor things. This is one I actually have been over. I had two of these, and sold one to a guy down south. Because of the occasion, I decided to work on both of them at the same time, as I often do. So I shopped this one out and got it almost ready. My post-it note in the pictures explains what is left to be done: "Needs new lock coil, coin acc. hardware. otherwise shopped, repainted, new locks, bulbs, etc. other repairs made. definitely fixable."

This is a note I left for myself. Because my memory has gotten so bad, I was afraid that it would go back to the warehouse and I would forget that I had even touched it. Which as it turns out is completely true. I'm glad I left that note.

As you can see from the pictures, it is in nice shape all around. A pretty straight-forward project and you will have a nice, rare early williams EM pinball. Even has the original back door for the head.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/c2az5XPyzf5UZ4fF8

Trio - $250 - 1965 Bally - 750 produced - A very low production Ted Zale pinball designed for Bally.

What makes this one a project: a lot. Missing the coin door, playfield glass, and lockdown bar. Really dirty playfield. Has a bunch of extra wiring and extra relays added in the backbox, which I do not understand at all. The cabinet, internals, and backglass appear to be in decent shape. But it just looks like a major project to me.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/APmPhiFB8RH2wEXAA

World Cup - $175 - 1978 Williams - 6,253 produced

What makes this one a project: a lot. The backglass is in horrible condition. The inner head door where the displays mount is gone. The boards are all missing (except the sound board). The playfield is filthy. The plunger and playfield glass are missing.

If someone really was dedicated, this could be brought back to life. But I question the wisdom of even making the attempt. Lots of good parts here, though. The inside of the body and the playfield seem decent, albeit filthy as dirt.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xRF5QP1vad9MttLM8

Yacht Club - $800 - 1940 Chicago Coin - 1,506 produced - A Pre-flipper pinball game with great artwork and in great condition.

What makes this one a project: Just needs a little tweaking. There isn't a lot to these early pre-flipper games. Just needs set up and checked to see if it's all working, and if not, some tweaking done.

This game is in excellent condition...especially considering it is 78 years old. cabinet, playfield, even backglass are in great shape. Still has original legs and original painted coin door.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vuhV5k9fpMUWd9L77

#6142 5 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of games!

#6143 5 years ago

I have the opportunity to pick up a really nice TFTC but it's not cheap. Any one interested in my players copy that has a nice pf but kind of a shity cab that plays fine. Also ant idea what mine would be worth, I've had it a while and am a bit out of touch with todays market.

#6144 5 years ago

just in Black Pyramid. Works fine. sold as is. Missing paint in the middle of playfield. $700.00

#6145 5 years ago

Talked things over a bit more with the wife and we are looking for a Whirlwind - hit me up if you might have one for sale.

Thanks

#6146 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Talked things over a bit more with the wife and we are looking for a Whirlwind

I just sold mine to Paul Reno, don't think he intends to keep it (he had a buyer back out). See if he wants to sell it, it's in great condition.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/home-game-room-supply-franksville-2

#6147 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I just sold mine to Paul Reno, don't think he intends to keep it (he had a buyer back out). See if he wants to sell it, it's in great condition.

Thanks man,
I'll give him a ring tomorrow and see, I appreciate it.

#6148 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is that my old one? Great game. Hope you enjoyed it.

#6149 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Is that my old one? Great game. Hope you enjoyed it.

Yes, and I did enjoy it. Can't keep them all

#6150 5 years ago

Will be posting my BOP 2.0 in the next few days - my own Independence Day. Can't keep em all as ToyotaBoy mentioned.

Prefer to sell but open to trades for Premium Star Wars, IMDN or surprise me. Never know.

There are 12,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/123?hl=etnfrd67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.