FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 243.
#5951 5 years ago

Have a nice stern striker xtreme works solid
And some other games

Looking for RBION or monopoly
Or bw era
Popeye etc games

#5952 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Who ended up with the prototype Volley?

The one at MGC? That was mine , sold to a friend. I did not k ow it was a prototype. What differances are there? Thank you.

#5953 5 years ago

Who grabbed that Mousin' Around on Facebook for $900? I shot the seller a PM as soon as I saw the ad, but it was already sold.

#5954 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The one at MGC? That was mine , sold to a friend. I did not k ow it was a prototype. What differances are there? Thank you.

Did it look like this one that's an engineering sample (on the Internet Pinball Database).

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2743&picno=33134

#5955 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who grabbed that Mousin' Around on Facebook for $900? I shot the seller a PM as soon as I saw the ad, but it was already sold.

I messaged her about 5 minutes after it was posted. She didnt even look at my message till today and then told me it was sold. Im thinking might have been a friend or something who bought it.

#5956 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Did it look like this one that's an engineering sample (on the Internet Pinball Database).
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2743&picno=33134

IPDB is different than what I have.

#5957 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Probably that jag flipper from naperville named Ryan. Look for it to be LED’d into oblivion and put back up for $1900.

#5958 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Nevermind, I thought you grabbed the one off Craigslist a couple weeks ago.

#5959 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Probably that jag flipper from naperville named Ryan. Look for it to be LED’d into oblivion and put back up for $1900.

We'll be lucky if it's that cheap

#5960 5 years ago

Got a hurricane back on trade, it’s alright, not a show stopper $2600?

#5961 5 years ago

Throwing these out there, as is. Need work. Games are not working or tested but complete and in good shape. Games will need to be shopped out.

High speed $1500
High speed engineers game $1600
Secret Service $1600

#5962 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the differences (if any) are between the engineer's game vs a production game?

#5963 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Does anyone know what the differences (if any) are between the engineer's game vs a production game?

$100

#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think it depends on the specific game. My understanding is that engineer's games are ones that were actually used by an engineer during development? Probably falls into the same vein as a sample, or prototype, or early run depending on the specific game.

Could be as small as a different insert color. Could be as big as a completely different game play feaute (like 3rd mag on TZ or extra VUK on Radical as examples).

not 100% on this but my understanding of it.

#5965 5 years ago

Looks like he accidentally put a "1" on that Secret Service price.

#5966 5 years ago

Look here, wise guy

#5967 5 years ago

Highspeed engineers game boots up.and plays

#5968 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

engineer's game vs a production game?

I'm assuming pinball is the same as any industry.

Engineering sample usually means engineering built everything themselves on a bench, usually with early prototype parts (maybe a mix of production and prototype parts). This is where they find all of the fit issues (so there may be extra holes because something had to move slightly).

After engineering samples, it goes to pilot build (which means a production engineer builds it while engineers observe. Production engineer takes notes of what was difficult to assemble, and either suggests changes to the parts, changes to fixtures, or decides to change the order of the assembly).

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm assuming pinball is the same as any industry.
Engineering sample usually means engineering built everything themselves on a bench, usually with early prototype parts (maybe a mix of production and prototype parts). This is where they find all of the fit issues (so there may be extra holes because something had to move slightly).
After engineering samples, it goes to pilot build (which means a production engineer builds it while engineers observe. Production engineer takes notes of what was difficult to assemble, and either suggests changes to the parts, changes to fixtures, or decides to change the order of the assembly).

Would it be safe to say if there was a prototype part that was used that needs replacing, that it could be replaced with a production part?

#5970 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Would it be safe to say if there was a prototype part that was used that needs replacing, that it could be replaced with a production part?

That's the $100 question...

#5971 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It depends on the part in question and how much had changed between the prototype and production part, but typically the answer to that question is yes. It is also not that uncommon to have a prototype game that has production parts on it.

#5972 5 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong:
White wood = Designer/Engineer build to test concept.
Sample Game had art included and put on a test location check bugs and flaws to be corrected before production started. At this point things could be removed to cut costs or posts added to prevent ball traps. Inserts colors could be changed, plastics art work and ball play physics. Some Sample games had toys on them that were removed from the production games. Such as Doctor WHo, Scared Stiff and Earth Shaker come to mind.

#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Correct me if I am wrong:
White wood = Designer/Engineer build to test concept.
Sample Game had art included and put on a test location check bugs and flaws to be corrected before production started. At this point things could be removed to cut costs or posts added to prevent ball traps. Inserts colors could be changed, plastics art work and ball play physics. Some Sample games had toys on them that were removed from the production games. Such as Doctor WHo, Scared Stiff and Earth Shaker come to mind.

Can't speak for others, but at least on Houdini I have had two 'engineer' games, the first was one of the two prototypes we unveiled at TPF (had no physical game prior to TPF), which had art, since we never had a whitewood, but then when we made changes (e.g. added a switch, tweaked flat rails, changed the trough, change some of the boards, etc.), so I got a new 'dev' version that was closer to what would be called a 'production sample'. It still gets changed as we try out different ideas/fixes, some make it to production, some don't, etc. So for example, it has a non-production wiring for the shaker, it has a knocker, but if we offer a knocker kit it would be implemented differently. Other differences are things like wiring being the correct color scheme, the stage mech is still a prototype version, it has a cliffy protector we are testing for it (so cliffy can sell them not us). At this point the original prototypes are museum pieces or boat anchors, since they can no longer be updated with code, since it does not have the same configuration and I can't not even sure it will play, since as soon as they had the new one ready for me, the old one left my office exactly as it was, and for all I know it was not even booting cleanly at the time, since no clue what I was working on.

Scott's TNA whitewood still works since they did not make any changes that would totally break the original. It does have a different machine config since the wiring is different, but otherwise it can run current code.

#5974 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

As I understand.......

Gottlieb em's started with white wood in the engineering room (there's photo's out there of white woods in Gottlieb's factory from the 1970's).
Once the prototype was developed they made 100 engineering samples (not sure on exact no's) that were sent to distributors. Gottlieb assigned special serial no's for their sample games - 01001 S - 01100 S (S designates a sample game). The schematics of these games were usually blueprints and stamped SAMPLE.
The distributors would give them to an operator with a checklist to complete. The op kept track of credits, coins, replays, etc., reported back on play-ability of the game, problems, artwork opinion, etc.. If the op sent the checklist back in to the factory and they were satisfied, he got the game for free and would leave it on location. After the sample checklists were sent back to the factory, the final changes were decided on and implemented in the regular production run. Some of the sample games I've seen have different colors on the playfield or backglass, or different playfield parts used as an example. Some samples are the same as regular production games so they must of liked the way the sample turned out.

The El Dorado I own is the first engineering sample to leave the factory - 01001 S.

There's several sample games listed at the Internet Pinball Serial Number Data Base (IPSND)

#5975 5 years ago

I need advice you guys...

Ive been working with a local restoration pinball company for the last 5 or so years to get some games restored for a family member.

Things were good at first, kind of. Clear coat was sloppy, cupped inserts, etc. I brushed it off as I wasnt planning on any more clear from this guy after that. The cabinet artwork turned out great how ever. The game was doa when it was delivered. System 80 gottlieb, no surprise there. But he had to come back another time to replace the board he thought was the issue. Game boots and plays bow, but it still has weird light issues.

Second game came out ok. Another system 80. Took it with a grain of salt, those games can be tricky.

Did a couple system 3’s that turned out alright. I thought the price was kind of high, but the games worked and were cleanish.

When I went to system 80b’s, thats when things got weird. Ground mods I asked to be done were NOT done but I was still billed for it. Other things like boards being replaced...charged but oems were in there.

So this guy is basically running on cruise control not even inspecting games before they get delivered. Hes also kept ALL of my oem boards from these games as hes more of a “replace it” over “get it fixed” guy with boards. Which is fine, if they work. Which even with aftermarket boards, i still have a hollywood heat that wont boot with multiple swemmers. When i got an oem board fixed by another aquantence, game works fine.

Really at a loss. This dude has had one of my system 3’s for almost TWO YEARS and he finally got Gavin to fix it. While I hear Gavin is great, im still super scepticle this game will work when its delivered.

Ive been asking for my game back, my pin lift, and my oem boards. I get short answers from this guy now, which is really annoying. I just want to get everything back at this point and move on. Ive spent THOUSANDS with this guy, and I feel like I am getting strung along.

Any input is appreciated. Im at a loss.

#5976 5 years ago

I need advice you guys...
Ive been working with a local restoration pinball company for the last 5 or so years to get some games restored for a family member.
Things were good at first, kind of. Clear coat was sloppy, cupped inserts, etc. I brushed it off as I wasnt planning on any more clear from this guy after that. The cabinet artwork turned out great how ever. The game was doa when it was delivered. System 80 gottlieb, no surprise there. But he had to come back another time to replace the board he thought was the issue. Game boots and plays bow, but it still has weird light issues.
Second game came out ok. Another system 80. Took it with a grain of salt, those games can be tricky.
Did a couple system 3’s that turned out alright. I thought the price was kind of high, but the games worked and were cleanish.
When I went to system 80b’s, thats when things got weird. Ground mods I asked to be done were NOT done but I was still billed for it. Other things like boards being replaced...charged but oems were in there.
So this guy is basically running on cruise control not even inspecting games before they get delivered. Hes also kept ALL of my oem boards from these games as hes more of a “replace it” over “get it fixed” guy with boards. Which is fine, if they work. Which even with aftermarket boards, i still have a hollywood heat that wont boot with multiple swemmers. When i got an oem board fixed by another aquantence, game works fine.
Really at a loss. This dude has had one of my system 3’s for almost TWO YEARS and he finally got Gavin to fix it. While I hear Gavin is great, im still super scepticle this game will work when its delivered.
Ive been asking for my game back, my pin lift, and my oem boards. I get short answers from this guy now, which is really annoying. I just want to get everything back at this point and move on. Ive spent THOUSANDS with this guy, and I feel like I am getting strung along.
Any input is appreciated. Im at a loss.

What's the name of this pinball company? Who is doing this to you?

#5977 5 years ago

Chitown if you don’t want to publicly post the name please pm me the info. I may know the person or at the very least now know to stay away from them. Sorry this has happened to you, I know how it feels as it’s happened to me as well.

#5978 5 years ago

This dude has had one of my system 3’s for almost TWO YEARS and he finally got Gavin to fix it. Ive been asking for my game back, my pin lift, and my oem boards. I get short answers from this guy now, which is really annoying. I just want to get everything back at this point and move on. Ive spent THOUSANDS with this guy, and I feel like I am getting strung along.

Nifty LED? sorry, had to ask

#5979 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nifty LED? sorry, had to ask

Negative. Not looking to blast this person out, as he is a nice guy. Its just an unfortunate situation. I PM’d inhome to see what he thinks.

Thanks guys.

#5980 5 years ago

Negative. Not looking to blast this person out, as he is a nice guy. Its just an unfortunate situation. I PM’d inhome to see what he thinks.
Thanks guys.

At this point, it almost sounds like he's stealing your game? Nice would not be the word I would be using to describe him. Good luck with it all.

#5981 5 years ago

Anyone have any recommendations on someone who can do a quality playfield restore/clear? I have a WCS94 playfield that has a missing text/graphic on the shooter lane insert and chipping in the usual places (saucer holes and goalie area). Other than that, no additional missing artwork or wear. Thanks for any advice.

#5982 5 years ago

Don't ask, tell him you need a time to come over and pick up your property. If he asks, just tell him your moving on.
Be firm and don't give him options. If he try's to side step the issues tell him "that's unacceptable ". It's your property take control over the situation.

#5983 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Scott's TNA whitewood still works since they did not make any changes that would totally break the original. It does have a different machine config since the wiring is different, but otherwise it can run current code.

Not quite! TNA prototype and whitewood each require code alterations due to different wiring. So every time there's new TNA code, Scott has to make three versions. You know, in case he wasn't working hard enough already.

#5984 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyone have any recommendations on someone who can do a quality playfield restore/clear? I have a WCS94 playfield that has a missing text/graphic on the shooter lane insert and chipping in the usual places (saucer holes and goalie area). Other than that, no additional missing artwork or wear. Thanks for any advice.

CaptainNeo would be your best bet.

#5985 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not quite! TNA prototype and whitewood each require code alterations due to different wiring. So every time there's new TNA code, Scott has to make three versions. You know, in case he wasn't working hard enough already.

there is just a single file (ta.yaml) that maps electronics to wiring that is different. I do not believe any other changes needed as he develops new code.

#5986 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I would offer my services as I am close by, but I am 3 deep into my own projects.
Mike

#5987 5 years ago

Happy Mothers Day Chicago For Sale Thread!!

#5988 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Happy Mothers Day Chicago For Sale Thread!!

Plus an extra thumbs up for mom.
Love your moms

#5989 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Stern Pirates of the Carribean 2006. Game in overall good shape. Never been updated, pictures show what level. A couple scratches on right side of backbox. Low plays. I initially ...”
2018-05-18
Rockford, IL
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1182 times

#5990 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Nascar pinball by Stern. Good shape overall and fully working. I initailly sold it to the owner nib and am helping in the sale. Please note the front cabinet is wrinkled paint if...”
2018-05-18
Rockford, IL
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1130 times

#5991 5 years ago

Disgusting news just brought to my attention. If your appalled and want to get that CFTBL out of your house with the video upgrade kit, I'll do you a favor and buy it.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2018/05/17/former-glendale-heights-man-arrested-in-alleged-bolingbrook-sex-abuse-case/azfsnbc/

Seriously though, just so sad he allegedly did these things. Poor kid.

#5992 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

If your appalled and want to get that CFTBL out of your house with the video upgrade kit, I'll do you a favor and buy it.

I wish that were the case, but they are still as high as ever (same goes for congo). I'm guessing collectors are hoarding them because they'll never get another trudeau layout?

Quoted from badbilly27:

Seriously though, just so sad he allegedly did these things. Poor kid.

yea it's one thing to follow along with the court cases not knowing the truth (innocent until proven guilty), but reading that recent article confirming at the very least he sexually abused a family member from age 6-13 is truly sad.

#5993 5 years ago

Just put my Slugfest up for sale/trade on the Marketplace.

Great shape, just don't really play it anymore. Time for someone else to enjoy it!

#5994 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I wish that were the case, but they are still as high as ever (same goes for congo). I'm guessing collectors are hoarding them because they'll never get another trudeau layout?

yea it's one thing to follow along with the court cases not knowing the truth (innocent until proven guilty), but reading that recent article confirming at the very least he sexually abused a family member from age 6-13 is truly sad.

What allegedly happened is horrible , but its a pinball game . It had nothing to do with any crimes.

#5995 5 years ago

Will be listing my HUO Iron Maiden pro since it looks like my premium will be coming soon.

#5996 5 years ago

Just took in on trade Bally Vector. Boots up. All displays work. Has locked on pop bumper coil and light socket melted. Needs very little work. Players condition. 900.00. Firm

#5997 5 years ago

Just listed a Target Alpha in the Marketplace. Needs a little work , but it's all there and in pretty good shape. 600.00

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Target Alpha Archived
Functional - needs minor work - “PRICE DROP! Game was out of long term storage. I've spent a couple hours getting it up and running, but there is still a reset issue. It's all there and in good shape but really ne...”
2018-05-21
Des Plaines, IL
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 421 times
Contributed to Pinside

Also have a ABT/Frantz US Marshall .10 arcade target game listing soon. Both located in Des Plaines.

#5998 5 years ago

looking to change up my lineup...have a players condition fish tales and a nice Dr. Who available to trade...interested in modern sterns ( met, twd, iron maiden, possibly SM/IM)

#5999 5 years ago

Listed a nice paragon and a firepower for sale in market. Will be listing a BM66 also

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Listed a nice paragon and a firepower for sale in market. Will be listing a BM66 also

That Firepower looks so nice

There are 12,133 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/120?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.