FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg
There are 12,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 243.
#551 9 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Get need for speed(just one) and a non-working pump-it-up !!!

LIONMAN this for sure. Need for speed is actually not a bad game.

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

PM Sent back to Gatordad.
I hope it works out and he can now triple the size of his collection.

You da man Bill, you da man!

#553 9 years ago

I know this is off the thread topic....Is there any pinball league in the chi burbs?

#554 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I know this is off the thread topic....Is there any pinball league in the chi burbs?

Yes

#555 9 years ago

On my way to yomamasville to play!

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

On my way to yomamasville to play!

Don't try to go to yomamasville , it's just a myth .

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Don't try to go to yomamasville , it's just a myth .

....Or is Doug just saying this to throw you off the trail???

#558 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Also one in NWI

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Contact Joe (toyotaboy). He runs the Illinois Pinball Club ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/toyotaboy/contact

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I know ARTMAN is starting up 'Battle for The Kingdom' again in the fall supposedly. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/battle-for-the-kingdom-league-season-2-chicago

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

There's the Brixies monthly tourney on the 3rd Tuesday of the every month in Brookfield. I know it's not a league, however there is a core group that show up monthly (giving it a little bit of league feel) and there's usually a new face or two, too. Might be a start if you're looking to meet up with some new peeps, without any long term league commitments.

#562 9 years ago

This is WAY off topic, but I wondered if you guys could help.

I have had drainage issues at my home since I bought it. The sump pump line and the gutters were all draining onto the brick patio that the previous owners put in. I have been dealing with drain tile likes all over the place for the last few years now to keep the water off the patio, but the time has some to have some one come in and tear up my yard to do it right. Does any one have an recommendations of a company to do this? I have been on Angie's list, but its hard to pin down a company that ONLY does drainage. Most seem to do landscaping and drainage is secondary.

Any help is appreciated.

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This is WAY off topic, but I wondered if you guys could help.

I have had drainage issues at my home since I bought it. The sump pump line and the gutters were all draining onto the brick patio that the previous owners put in. I have been dealing with drain tile likes all over the place for the last few years now to keep the water off the patio, but the time has some to have some one come in and tear up my yard to do it right. Does any one have an recommendations of a company to do this? I have been on Angie's list, but its hard to pin down a company that ONLY does drainage. Most seem to do landscaping and drainage is secondary.

Any help is appreciated.

There are two main companies in the Chicago area that specialize in drainage. They are U.S. Waterproofing and Perma-Seal. I would suggest giving them both a call and getting some estimates.

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are two main companies in the Chicago area that specialize in drainage. They are U.S. Waterproofing and Perma-Seal. I would suggest giving them both a call and getting some estimates.

OK, I was hoping there were some other places. US Waterproofing gave me a ridiculously expensive estimate when I first moved in for a new sump and backup system. I went and bought the same equipment they specified for less than half what the quoted.

Ill check out Perma-seal. I was under the impression that they only did basement drainage.

Thanks!

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

US Waterproofing gave me a ridiculously expensive estimate when I first moved in for a new sump and backup system

I too am not a fan of them. I had a crack in my foundation, so it was starting to leak. I could have easily drilled my own holes and bought an epoxy kit myself for $120, but figured $450 was worth it to make sure it got done right, and it was warrantied. Granted I haven't had any leaks, they did a crappy job. They slapped so much coating in the corner that when I decide to finish my basement I'm going to have to either install studs a good 2-3 inches away from the wall, or I'm going to have to chisel some of the coating away.

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Here's something you don't see every day. A post with the phrase, "Free to a good home" in it.
Does anyone have a basement where their steps have a turn just before you get to the bottom of the stairs, like this:

I did, or still do at my old house, however ya wanna put it.
It made getting games up and down the stairs a bit of a chore because there wasn't enough room to turn the pin 90 degrees to make it down the last two steps. There also wasn't a lot of room to spare for 2-wheel cart.
So, I built this:

By raising the 'landing' up a bit, it made using the 2-wheel cart a piece of cake. And later I did the step extension that is partially painted in black.
When we pulled my collection out of the basement last month, all the above made using the Escalera an absolute joy.
Well at any rate, if anybody lives close to Bartlett and has the same problem as I did, you are welcome to PM me and arrange to pick up these false steps because I don't need them any more and we left them in my old house. The Basement is in the process of being remodeled and hence I really ought to get these two items out of the way. They are heavy. I used either 2x6s or 2x8s (can't recall) under the platform and good plywood for the rest. I would estimate that the platform weighs about 40 lbs or so. So, as I said, if your basement is like this, send me a PM.
Cheers.

IMG_20140808_225538.jpg 160 KB

IMG_20140808_225213.jpg 108 KB

Just wanted to publicly thank Bill and his wife!
This will go to good use!
Good people
You were less than 1 mile away from my Uncle's old place.

#567 9 years ago

I made one of those for my street fighter 2 z-back arcade. the control panel wouldnt make it over the ledge at the 180 turn so i raised it up. Dont know if ill ever get it out in one piece...but its down there.

#568 9 years ago

I'm interested in trading my Judge Dredd for Jurassic Park, The Shadow, World Cup Soccer, or adding some $ towards White Water or Theater of Magic.

I would rate the playfield at a 9 because there is a bit of wear in the way back and the cabinet at an 8 because there are some scratches and blemishes. There is a bit of wear in the back playfield but it's only noticeable if you've got the glass off and you're looking for it. It plays beautifully, much better than the one down the street at Logan Hardware!

I've owned it for about 18 months and replaced a lot of the lights with LEDs, replaced the balls, the rubbers, and generally kept it running clean. There is one crack on the right ramp that was fixed by the previous owner with reinforcement underneath and I have never noticed any trouble with it. The gearbox has also been repaired with spring pins (by someone who knew what they were doing), and the planet and crane both operate well.

IMG_2004.JPGIMG_2004.JPG IMG_2005.JPGIMG_2005.JPG IMG_2019.JPGIMG_2019.JPG IMG_3267.JPGIMG_3267.JPG IMG_3268.JPGIMG_3268.JPG IMG_3269.JPGIMG_3269.JPG IMG_3270.JPGIMG_3270.JPG IMG_3271.JPGIMG_3271.JPG IMG_2018.JPGIMG_2018.JPG IMG_3317.JPGIMG_3317.JPG IMG_3326.JPGIMG_3326.JPG
#569 9 years ago

on JD, the only times you usually get wear, is for the Judge Hole and the sniper saucer. They hold up really well usually. Looks like a real bitch to shop out tho.

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Looks like a real bitch to shop out tho

Not as bad as Demo Man.

#571 9 years ago

Or orbitor 1

#572 9 years ago

orbitor 1 wasn't bad to shop out. I took mine apart so I could redo the mountain tips from spreading dander in the 3D terrain. Wasn't horrible. Was easier than just trying to get the ramp off of Pinball magic.

#573 9 years ago

that was one of my first shop jobs YEARS BACK! they are a pita.
Just did a tspp they suck (hate that upper playfield) no cracked ramps either on the good note
JT

#575 9 years ago

Other news I put out a pinside thread for a trade on my TAF... Looking for a TSPP plus cash but might consider others.

#576 9 years ago

I'm sure you'll find a TSPP. Unfortunately, I just sold mine on Sunday.

Steve

#577 9 years ago

OMG! The niles guy finally caved $200 down after 3 years!
chicago.craigslist.org link

#578 9 years ago

No shit! the world is ending!

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That guy is a joke. Said he wouldn't consider a penny less than $3000 for his routed out T2.

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Said he wouldn't consider a penny less than $3000 for his routed out T2

he is now:

Still too much, but at least he's cracking

#581 9 years ago

I was just at Golf Mill a couple of weeks ago. It's seriously the saddest, most pathetic arcade I've ever been in. I used to play Mortal Kombat there back in the day, but now it's literally not even worth stepping in to. And don't even bother calling about the pins. They are all beat to shit. I wouldn't even buy the T2 and No Fear as a package deal for $2,800.

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was just at Golf Mill a couple of weeks ago. It's seriously the saddest, most pathetic arcade I've ever been in. I used to play Mortal Kombat there back in the day, but now it's literally not even worth stepping in to. And don't even bother calling about the pins. They are all beat to shit. I wouldn't even buy the T2 and No Fear as a package deal for $2,800.

If your buying a package deal of T2 and no fear, you shouldn't even be in the 2800 price range anyway. 2 faded heavily routed games like that. You should be offering $1700 for the pair or less. Going to take a ton of work, time and parts to get them to presentable condition. If the cabinets are beat to shit, they will take even more. 2800 would be to much for those games routed regardless.

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If your buying a package deal of T2 and No Fear, you shouldn't even be in the 2800 price range anyway. 2 faded heavily routed games like that. You should be offering $1700 for the pair or less. Going to take a ton of work, time and parts to get them to presentable condition. If the cabinets are beat to shit, they will take even more. 2800 would be to much for those games routed regardless.

That was my point. He's asking more for one than the two are worth together. He's so far off the market it's ridiculous.

#584 9 years ago

Toyota boy is wrong, it's more like 5-6 years with the Niles douche.

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

LMAO

FYI
Just picked up a nice medusa with awesome backglass . it will be @ expo
undecided on price yet.
I' ll Post what I have to bring prior to expo. lots of extra parts coils, switches, plastics etc.
im bringing the extra art work from Pincades as well.
Just figured I would throw this up for local pinsiders first.
Pincades
JT

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That guy is a joke. Said he wouldn't consider a penny less than $3000 for his routed out T2.

Lol I was gonna post this and you guys already jumped on it. Couldnt believe it either when I saw him lower the price.

Any of you guys actually talk to this guy? He's quite the character!

#587 9 years ago

stopped there a long time ago, when he had parts for sale listed. Hell he was higher than Pinball life on parts!!!
Hes a tool
Jt

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That was my point. He's asking more for one than the two are worth together. He's so far off the market it's ridiculous.

he wanted $2800 each? Someone is dipping into the crack pipe.

#589 9 years ago

Btw, Anyone have a cheap Mousin Around for sale? Need one for a birthday present for someone.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

He wanted $2800 each? Someone is dipping into the crack pipe.

Yep.

T2.PNGT2.PNG No Fear.PNGNo Fear.PNG
#591 9 years ago

Anyone looking for a fire, $1800, shopped out with LED's.

PF 001.JPGPF 001.JPG PF 002.JPGPF 002.JPG PF 003.JPGPF 003.JPG PF 004.JPGPF 004.JPG PF 005.JPGPF 005.JPG PF 006.JPGPF 006.JPG PF 007.JPGPF 007.JPG PF 008.JPGPF 008.JPG PF 009.JPGPF 009.JPG
#592 9 years ago

looks like the one the other guy has for sale for $1500. 2 fires in the same location?

#593 9 years ago

Yes they made the fire game right here in Chicago. I think the production run was larger than 2. Mine has LEDs, not sure if it came that way from the factory. could be a prototype. Mine also has broken plastic like it was in a damaged building fire. got give you some shit Neo .

#594 9 years ago

The other guy's ad is still up. Even if it were the same one, It'd probably be worth the $300 for LED, new rubber, cleaning, and making sure everything works. Funny how it was impossible to find one a year ago when I was looking, now they seem to be everywhere.

#595 9 years ago

I am the "other guy." Definitely two different machines. I do have a full set of new rubber to include with mine, though.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Mine has LEDs, not sure if it came that way from the factory.

Mike, yank those LED's out of there. It kills the effects of the "flames".

#597 9 years ago

Dewey i'll change them to yellow or orange or warm.

#598 9 years ago

So let's see..... Niles guy dropped $200 after 3 years at least. At that rate he may sell them in 18-21 years!

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

At that rate he may sell them in 18-21 years!

I think he's going to be one of these guys that holds onto them until he dies. I've never been to his place, but I would assume if the pinballs are in crappy shape, they aren't making money. So how does he pay for his space?

#600 9 years ago

Just put my FT up for sale if anyone is interested. Check cl for photos. 3100. Thanks.

There are 12,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 243.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.