5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,939 posts
  • 455 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by kklank
  • Topic is favorited by 297 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 7939 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 159.
#5551 1 year ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257. Go over and check it out. After you get done call your local distributor (or one that you like to deal with) and get all your questions answered.

Before it is asked, no i do not have an idea on when shipping will begin.

Let me know what you think of the game!

#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257. Go over and check it out. After you get done call your local distributor (or one that you like to deal with) and get all your questions answered.

Ooh, gives me an excuse to check it out this weekend!

#5553 1 year ago

Damnit! I was across the street for a work meeting earlier today. I thought about stopping in, but decided it’d be better to get home earlier.

#5554 1 year ago

Road trip!

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Still looking for a Gottlieb system 3 lock down bar....

Is there much difference in the sys 1 to the sys 3? I may have one.

#5558 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

Funhouse project
Needs flipper mech, needs a cpu and new playfield. Needs translite, Games is rough and going to need a lot of hard work. Can be brought back to life. $2500 obo

You already know the game is not working. So put your parts list together:
3 flippers kits
3 pop bumpers
Ramp
7 standup targets
Ramp diverter
hard to find talking head parts (Rudy)
2 displays
Electronic Boards
New Play Field
New plastic set
cabinet decals
rubber set
multiple switches
Lamp sockets
plastic posts
and what ever is missing.
Add it up plus tax and shipping.
Depending on your experience, any where from 45 hours to 160 hours of labor.
Better off IMO to seek out a good used game for $4500 to $5000. If you want to learn how to build a pinball machine this is for you.
Flame suit on.
I have no ill will against Mike. I just think his starting point is joke.

#5559 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Is there much difference in the sys 1 to the sys 3? I may have one.

I believe so. I have a lead on one. I will get back to you if that falls through.

#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekie:

3 flippers kits
3 pop bumpers
Ramp
7 standup targets
Ramp diverter
2 displays
Electronic Boards
New Play Field
New plastic set
cabinet decals
rubber set
multiple switches
Lamp sockets
plastic posts
Better off IMO to seek out a good used game for $4500 to $5000. If you want to learn how to build a pinball machine this is for you.
Flame suit on.

Sometimes, it's the journey that's the enjoyable part, not the destination.

I'm sure the buyer for this type of machine is out there. There are absolutely people that find the restoration of a machine the enjoyable part.

I'm not for or against this listing, but at the end of the day, it's Mike's machine and he can list it for what he wants. There's a TSPP that is being listed for 8500 that people are loving. I can't see the value in it, but I'm sure there is someone willing to pay 8500 for a fully modded TSPP.

#5561 1 year ago

It also depends on what you already have in stock - and the price of the stock. I picked up a roached Spanish Eyes that nobody else wanted because the backglass was unusable. I had a decent one from when I replaced mine with a new one. I've got a player's Spanish Eyes I will be selling soon for $350. I couldn't do that if I had $300 into a new glass.

Back on topic - If I had the parts, I wouldn't pay the asking price - and I like rebuilding basket cases.

#5562 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Flame suit on.

I think his starting point weeds out all the people that are going to ask a million questions about it thinking they are going to score an amazing deal only to realize it may be more work than they were thinking.

In the end the market will tell him if his price is correct because it will either sell or it won’t. Again, it’s obo. So feel free to offer $1200.00 if you like. If he accepts then great. If not then you know his price is higher than your threshold.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I think his starting point weeds out all the people that are going to ask a million questions about it thinking they are going to score an amazing deal only to realize it may be more work than they were thinking.
In the end the market will tell him if his price is correct because it will either sell or it won’t. Again, it’s obo. So feel free to offer $1200.00 if you like. If he accepts then great. If not then you know his price is higher than your threshold.

Such wise words of wisdom

#5564 1 year ago

I just listed my Full Throttle for trade or possibly for sale too.
Excellent condition.
PM me if you're interested!
Thanks!

#5565 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekie:

3 flippers kits
3 pop bumpers
Ramp
7 standup targets
Ramp diverter
2 displays
Electronic Boards
New Play Field
New plastic set
cabinet decals
rubber set
multiple switches
Lamp sockets
plastic posts
Flame suit on.

First we said its a project. second, we priced it as 2500 obo. Adding up the parts your talking $1750 in new parts maybe a little more maybe a little less. If you refurbished some parts your talking less. CPU, glass, legs, playfield , side rails, translite, switches, targets, plastics DMD, decals, pop bumpers. All said and done you have a refurbished game with a lot of new parts at $4250 to $5000 with your labor. If you offer me $2100 you would be in it for less. I would think you could get $5500 + down the road. If you don't want to do the work then this is not the machine for you and you can buy a used game not refurbished, or buy shopped out for $4500 to $5000 like the guy said.

Some people like to redo games and that's what this is.

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

First we said its a project. second, we priced it as 2500 obo. Adding up the parts your talking $1750 in new parts maybe a little more maybe a little less. If you refurbished some parts your talking less. CPU, glass, legs, playfield , side rails, translite, switches, targets, plastics DMD, decals, pop bumpers. All said and done you have a refurbished game with a lot of new parts at $4250 to $5000 with your labor. If you offer me $2100 you would be in it for less. I would think you could get $5500 + down the road. If you don't want to do the work then this is not the machine for you and you can buy a used game not refurbished, but shopped out for $4500 to $5000 like the guy said.

That's a very conservative $1750 amount.
It would cost $1400 just for pf, cab decals and plastic set, with tax and shipping. Oh Fun House doesn't have a DMD.

I think the day of restoring a game and losing your arse are over with. Restoring and free labor still exists.

Good luck with your sale.

#5567 1 year ago
Quoted from GAP:

First we said its a project. second, we priced it as 2500 obo. Adding up the parts your talking $1750 in new parts maybe a little more maybe a little less. If you refurbished some parts your talking less. CPU, glass, legs, playfield , side rails, translite, switches, targets, plastics DMD, decals, pop bumpers. All said and done you have a refurbished game with a lot of new parts at $4250 to $5000 with your labor. If you offer me $2100 you would be in it for less. I would think you could get $5500 + down the road. If you don't want to do the work then this is not the machine for you and you can buy a used game not refurbished, or buy shopped out for $4500 to $5000 like the guy said.

I’d offer you something, but I hate funhouse

#5568 1 year ago

Paid $7500 for my used HEP FH. I'm happy

#5569 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Paid $7500 for my used HEP FH. I'm happy

I remember maybe five years ago or so at Expo there was a gorgeous high-end restored Funhouse for sale. I think it may have been Chad Keller who was selling it. I believe he was asking $5,000 for it, and I remember thinking at the time that it was an insane amount of money for a FH. My how times have changed.

#5570 1 year ago

And tnere was one that was back in the Ramada days $7500 full restore. And it sold with in a day.

#5571 1 year ago

So I stopped in at level257 at 4:00 today.. pinball area was nearly empty for the first hour. About one game in on pirates one of the namco employees walks up to me, said everyone probably thought it was going to be busy so they stayed home. He asks how it plays and before we know it we're playing a dozen games in a row together. Other than TNA, and a little bit Dialed in I haven't felt that "one more game" feeling as much as this game (it's a shame I don't care for the theme). There are so many modes, so many hidden shots, so much practice to get up that left ramp. I asked him about the pins, and commented about how gameworks has been in decline for a long time. He said it's because they don't put in the work like they do to create relationships with the manufacturers initially. He says now they don't even ask, now games get dropped off without asking.

This prototype has at least one old ball in it. Namco guy thought maybe they didn't bring enough balls with so they had to borrow one from an oz. Perhaps they purposely put an old ball in to see how the playfield would hold up. The ramps look like they are still prototypes. Heads up, pirates is also only 50 cents per play. Found it interesting that if you win a free game, the code doesn't show the credit (but it's there).

#5572 1 year ago

Going there tomorrow for a test drive. Long wait for the release so having one local is a great way to calm urges.

#5573 1 year ago

Looking to trade a few games:

NIB AC/DC premium vault
NIB GOTG LE
LOTR LE
GOT LE
NIB SW Pro
GB LE

I am only looking for HUO or high end restored games.

Space Jam, Could use a route game as well.
Xfiles
CFTBL, could use a route game as well
IJ
FT
SC
PM
SWT
BTTF

#5574 1 year ago

I have a few of each model left on my original order if anyone is interested.
Pincades
JT

#5575 1 year ago

Still looking to buy a Gottlieb System 3 coin door if anyone has a spare.

#5576 1 year ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257.

Heading over there in a few minutes to play it.

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Heading over there in a few minutes to play it.

Looking forward to your report!

#5578 1 year ago

Man you can hear a pin drop in this thread. Nothing for sale?

#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Man you can hear a pin drop in this thread. Nothing for sale?

Full Throttle for sale or trade.
I'm going to post a DH for sale soon.

#5580 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Let me know what you are looking for on the Dirty Harry. I might have a client looking for one.

#5581 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Looking forward to your report!

Had a great time at Level 257 today. Also randomly ran into some fellow pinheads I knew, which is always a nice bonus.

This was my first time playing GoTG. It's a fun game, but it felt very similar to other Borg games. That's not a bad thing, per se, but I'd love to see him try something a little different for a change. Guardians basically feels like a cross between IM and MET. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the audio package since I couldn't hear the game because of all the ambient noise.

This was my second time playing Houdini, and I still think it's a very cool game with great rules and a nice refreshing playfield layout. The left flipper on the game was a bit weak, but you could still make all the shots. The catapult, however, missed hitting the trunk most of the time. Overall, I found the game to be a blast, and I would definitely consider buying one down the road. I love the theme, and the artwork, sounds and animations really do it justice.

Pirates is very cool. I only got to play the game once at Expo, but I put a few games on it today. Not only is it gorgeous, but it has a really unique and fun playfield layout. I didn't understand what was going on half the time, but that's not surprising given Kieth's insanely deep code. I'm not sure how I feel about the upper playfield yet. It's cool, but it might be a bit gimmicky with the constant rocking. It also blocks a good chunk of the lower playfield. Shots disappear under there, and it can make it hard to follow the ball. I'm sure this is something you would get used to once you know the game better. Other than that, the game shoots well and has some very satisfying shots. I look forward to putting more time on it. I think it's definitely JJP's best game so far, and that's quite an accomplishment for a first time designer.

#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Had a great time at Level 257 today. Also randomly ran into some fellow pinheads I knew, which is always a nice bonus.
This was my first time playing GoTG. It's a fun game, but it felt very similar to other Borg games. That's not a bad thing, per se, but I'd love to see him try something a little different for a change. Guardians basically feels like a cross between IM and MET. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the audio package since I couldn't hear the game because of all the ambient noise.
This was my second time playing Houdini, and I still think it's a very cool game with great rules and a nice refreshing playfield layout. The left flipper on the game was a bit weak, but you could still make all the shots. The catapult, however, missed hitting the trunk most of the time. Overall, I found the game to be a blast, and I would definitely consider buying one down the road. I love the theme, and the artwork, sounds and animations really do it justice.
Pirates is very cool. I only got to play the game once at Expo, but I put a few games on it today. Not only is it gorgeous, but it has a really unique and fun playfield layout. I didn't understand what was going on half the time, but that's not surprising given Kieth's insanely deep code. I'm not sure how I feel about the upper playfield yet. It's cool, but it might be a bit gimmicky with the constant rocking. It also blocks a good chunk of the lower playfield. Shots disappear under there, and it can make it hard to follow the ball. I'm sure this is something you would get used to once you know the game better. Other than that, the game shoots well and has some very satisfying shots. I look forward to putting more time on it. I think it's definitely JJP's best game so far, and that's quite an accomplishment for a first time designer.

Nice review. I'm hoping to get out there this week and play a few games.

#5583 1 year ago

Archived after 3 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Trade
As is “So you’ve probably seen my wanted ad.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-firepower-empty-cabinets I’ve been piecing this together... found the worlds nicest firep...”
2018-01-29
Hampshire, IL
Trade

#5584 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Nice review. I'm hoping to get out there this week and play a few games.

KK. Let me know when your going. I could meet up with you or pick you up. Never miss a chance to bang on some new games.

#5585 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If you guys see something wrong with Houdini, shoot the Houdini thread a message or Rosh. They will get it fixed quickly im sure.
For you south side and NW Indiana Pin Heads I have a nib Houdini, just deciding where to put it on location!!!!

#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

BTW....for those that don't know Kevin his games are ALWAYS in beautiful condition. Buy from him with confidence.

#5587 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

KK. Let me know when your going. I could meet up with you or pick you up. Never miss a chance to bang on some new games.

Ok will do.

#5588 1 year ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

BTW....for those that don't know Kevin his games are ALWAYS in beautiful condition. Buy from him with confidence.

Thanks BB. That was very nice. I appreciate the compliment.

#5589 1 year ago

TWD Pro for sale in Plymouth, WI.

Archived after 1 day
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Bought this NIB two years ago at MGC. The only minor flaw I can think of is the well walker could use a new "belt" decal as this one is peeling a little. Always meant to replace it...”
2018-01-29
Plymouth, WI

Added 22 months ago: SOLD

#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Thanks BB. That was very nice. I appreciate the compliment.

Yeah Kevin has some really nice stuff. We have done some deals and the quality of his collection is amazing.

Plus he is just a really nice guy.

#5591 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

TWD Pro for sale in Plymouth, WI.

Honest seller and easy to deal with. Wish it were a little lower, might be able to convince a friend to buy it.

#5592 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

If you guys see something wrong with Houdini, shoot the Houdini thread a message or Rosh. They will get it fixed quickly im sure.
For you south side and NW Indiana Pin Heads I have a nib Houdini, just deciding where to put it on location!!!!

Get it in at Tyler's!

#5593 1 year ago

Archived after 12 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “Wife tells me tonight she wants a Baywatch, love to sell but open to a Baywatch plus cash. Reduced price as I would really like to find this a new home due a new purchase. Sellin...”
2018-01-30
Lake Villa, IL
3,000 (OBO)

Finally listed my JP.

#5594 1 year ago

Looking to trade a Metallica Pro (LED), perfect condition. No Mods installed. ISO Walking Dead Pro or Star Trek Pro.

#5595 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah Kevin has some really nice stuff. We have done some deals and the quality of his collection is amazing.

Thanks for the compliment. I do appreciate it. It's a small community. All you guys are great too.
Nice to hear positive stuff in our hobby especially when you go to work and it's not so easy. Life is good! Pay it forward!

#5596 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Agree on all counts!

#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I dont know this Kevin. Send me his address so I can inspect his pins for clown puke.

#5598 1 year ago

Archived after 2 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
As is “For Sale is a Hobbit LE. Game is lightly routed and WELL maintained! Works 100% and just cleaned up. All the pop ups work well and have the stuck ball protectors installed. Playfie...”
2018-01-30
Madison, WI
6,250 (OBO)

#5599 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Get it in at Tyler's!

Whoo Houdini is in! Come play!

#5600 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Whoo Houdini is in! Come play!

I'm going to try to make it to league next week.

Working midnights has had its drawbacks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 199.99
$ 19.95
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 334.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Stuff
There are 7939 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 159.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside