New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90537)

Chicago Trader/Seller Club

By badbilly27

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,894 posts
  • 493 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 342 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 957 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5366_(resized).JPG
IMG_5359_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_9_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_8_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg
FullSizeRender_1_(resized).jpg
extra_SW_monitor_(resized).jpg
854e50dc187367d10885225a3112237209e73405.jpeg_(resized).jpg
69f58f4153fb877a9cfa5085a4ee61d5a1e2de38_(resized).jpg
1aedcb48e4c93f608a1b0506a5e978e7c6e46ff7_(resized).jpeg

There are 8894 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 178.
#5351 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Its one thing to buy a game cheap, fix it up, and play it at home for a while before selling or trading it.

Majority of what I was doing.

#5352 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I did not mean it as an attack on you personally (vdojaq), but as an overall gripe on flippers.

Trust me, I have some mighty strong feelings on the "flippers" as well. The worst one was the guy out of Valpo IN. That was a true replace a bulb, wipe the center, and replace a band pin flipper.

I once had a guy pick up a South Park from me for $1700, it was shopped and cleaned. I kid you not, 2 hours later is was on CL with MY pictures for $2250.

#5353 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Trust me, I have some mighty strong feelings on the "flippers" as well. The worst one was the guy out of Valpo IN. That was a true replace a bulb, wipe the center, and replace a band pin flipper.
I once had a guy pick up a South Park from me for $1700, it was shopped and cleaned. I kid you not, 2 hours later is was on CL with MY pictures for $2250.

Guy that bought my JP for $2200 had it on CL in a week for $2800. He didnt do anything to it because it didnt need anything. Had the balls to talk me down $100 too.

#5354 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Quoted from aobrien5:

Guy that bought my JP for $2200 had it on CL in a week for $2800. He didnt do anything to it because it didnt need anything. Had the balls to talk me down $100 too.

Was he from rock island?

#5355 2 years ago

Sold my Flip a Card at Expo for $500. Buyer immediately put a higher price tag on it. Don’t know if he got it, don’t care. If I sold it too cheap, more power to him.

#5356 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sold my Flip a Card at Expo for $500. Buyer immediately put a higher price tag on it. Don’t know if he got it, don’t care. If I sold it too cheap, more power to him.

That seems like the fair attitude to have. I have always sided with as long as at the time of sale the Buyer and Seller felt like they were happy good deal. I agree it can be frustrating but with a hobby like this where do you draw the line. Do they need to keep it a day, week, year until its safe to feel comfortable with the deal and them flipping it? I can say I have bought many a game and just didn't like it and sold it for equal or more money but in the same turn I have had to flip a game at a lose to fund a Must have and Knew with more time I could get more and thats what the buyer had the option to do. All kind of like the car or computer buying experience to me. I Know it will be cheaper in a week, month, year but as long as I was happy with my deal I can let it live. Nobody wants to feel taken but I find not making this Hobby personal helps me enjoy it more. Unless a gun is involved, no deal is done unless you agree to it at sale. And no I am not a flipper! lol

#5357 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

but in the same turn I have had to flip a game at a lose to fund a Must have and Knew with more time I could get more and thats what the buyer had the option to do.

I've had this happen to me as well. Found a game that I really wanted at a good price, so I had to move another machine to fund it. The clock was ticking, so I took less than what I was asking for so that the game I wanted didn't slip away. These games are 15, 20, even 30+ years old, so finding them isn't always as easy as driving to your local Target and buying one. If the guy who bought my game that I was in a rush to sell turned around and sold it for more $$$, I don't really care. Out of sight, out of mind.

#5358 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Was he from rock island?

Not in my case.

#5359 2 years ago

On another note, does anyone here use the "Let Go" app? I recently installed it and found a guy in Mundelein selling his Slugfest for $2k. I messaged him asking if the price was negotiable, and he said that $2k is the best he could do since the game was very clean and perfect (not by a long shot as it is missing the original topper and from the one picture he posted it looks as if the CPO is busted up). He then said this game sells for $3k in it's current condition. I told him I've owned the game before and very politely told him there is NO way he is getting $3k for it. Even if it WAS 100% complete and perfect, he would be looking at around $1500, maybe a little more to the right buyer.

Radio silence.

Don't you love it when someone pulls the "This game sells for 'X' amount of dollars, but I'm doing you a FAVOR by selling it to you for 'Y' amount!", then they find out you actually know a little something about the prices of these games so they just ignore you?

#5360 2 years ago

If you got what you asked for price wise, made room for another pinball, or simply downsized why would it be an issue? Both parties happy with the end results. Why would it matter once it is in their vehicle and cash in your hand. Just my opinion.

#5361 2 years ago

I agree. After a sale, and cash was exchanged, the item now belongs to the buyer. They can do whatever they want with it, they can burn it for all I care. Bottom line is that I no longer own it, so I have no say in what they do with it.

#5362 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I agree. After a sale, and cash was exchanged, the item now belongs to the buyer. They can do whatever they want with it, they can burn it for all I care. Bottom line is that I no longer own it, so I have no say in what they do with it.

Unless they were saying things like "oh, this is my holy grail pin, I really want this, but I can only pay X, will you take that", and then flip it. Some would argue that it is good negotiating, but pinball is a community and at some point I draw a line between, getting a good deal, and being a douche. I don't buy and sell often, but can look at every deal I've made and believe that both sides were happy and that the game spent time in their home for a good period of time before they moved it.

#5363 2 years ago

I have 2 Stern Lectronamo's for sale. I went through the boards on both and confirmed that they both have fully working board sets. Both backglasses have some degree of flaking (as they all seem to).

Lectronamo #1 has a little nicer playfield and backglass than #2. Everything works great, plug and play. $550

Lectronamo #2 is a very light project if you want to call it that. It works and plays fine, all boards are good. There are just some feature lamps out, but I know the lamp board is 100%, so that means the issue is in the lamp board connectors or bad lamp sockets. The only other issue of note is the player 4 display flickers and I don't want to spend any more time on it. $450

Or come and take them both away for 900.

#5365 2 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

I have 2 Stern Lectronamo's for sale. I went through the boards on both and confirmed that they both have fully working board sets. Both backglasses have some degree of flaking (as they all seem to).
Lectronamo #1 has a little nicer playfield and backglass than #2. Everything works great, plug and play. $550
Lectronamo #2 is a very light project if you want to call it that. It works and plays fine, all boards are good. There are just some feature lamps out, but I know the lamp board is 100%, so that means the issue is in the lamp board connectors or bad lamp sockets. The only other issue of note is the player 4 display flickers and I don't want to spend any more time on it. $450
Or come and take them both away for 900.

SOLD, thanks!

#5366 2 years ago

I have a nice South Park for sale in Peoria, IL.

Archived after 83 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
South Park Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “I have a nice example of South Park for sale. The game has been in my collection for the last 5+ years. I have added a cliffy set and LED's. I am selling this machine as I have ...”
2017-12-04
Peoria, IL
2,650 (OBO)

#5367 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I have a nice South Park for sale in Peoria, IL.

Machine - For Sale
South ParkUsed - shows wear but 100% working and clean “I have a nice example of South Park for sale. The game has been in my collection for the last 5+ years. I have added a cliffy set and LED's. I am selling this machine as I have ...”
10 days ago Peoria, IL 2,650 (OBO)
xfassa

Isn't Peoria just like South Park?

#5368 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Isn't Peoria just like South Park?

We always used to joke that Gary IN is like Illinois armpit and peoria is like the disease infested crotch

#5369 2 years ago

Any city that has Agatucci's pizza is A-OK in my book!

#5370 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We always used to joke that Gary IN is like Illinois armpit and peoria is like the disease infested crotch

I guess that makes the entire state of Wisconsin our head lice then, right?

#5371 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I guess that makes the entire state of Wisconsin our head lice then, right?

Beloit for sure...

#5372 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Beloit for sure...

No, the entire state.

#5373 2 years ago

WTB Metallica Pro LED

if anyone is thinking about selling their Metallica please let me know

#5374 2 years ago

Great Pokerino for sale. $700. 4 flippers of poker fun. Pm me if you want it. I'll be around this weekend.

#5375 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Great Pokerino for sale. $700. 4 flippers of poker fun. Pm me if you want it. I'll be around this weekend.

PM sent.

#5377 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

No, the entire state.

Bob, just curious... why all the continual hate in your life? I was making a joke, as an Illinoinian. You always seem to take things very personal and then attack. Any issues we can help you with?

#5378 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bob, just curious... why all the continual hate in your life? I was making a joke, as an Illinoinian. You always seem to take things very personal and then attack. Any issues we can help you with?

oh no, hilton trying to offer help to someone that has a polarizing "internet" personality...

how can this not go wrong?

#5379 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

John at Elkhart Pinball has one on South Bend Craigslist that looks pretty nice.

RCA1 Thanks so much for the heads up. I brought the game home today. Thanks again!

#5380 2 years ago

Pokerino spoken for. Will try to list my Avatar tomorrow. Nicest you will ever see. Have not had time to take photos. Will try tonight. TNA coming tomorrow. Can't wait.

#5381 2 years ago

Sweet, glad I’ll still get to play pokerino

#5382 2 years ago

I'm going to list my Aerosmith pro something has to go. Leaning towards adding SW.

Added over 3 years ago: Sellers remorse ad deleted.

#5383 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Go good with Disco Fever!

Already gone. One of my wife's colleague's kids fell in love with the banana flippers, oddly enough, and they wanted a cheap basement game.

#5384 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Already gone. One of my wife's colleague's kids fell in love with the banana flippers, oddly enough, and they wanted a cheap basement game.

Pokerino is an upgrade

#5385 2 years ago

#5387 2 years ago

Archived after 3 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “LEDs, NVRAM, solid game all around. Titan Silicone rubber/post sleeves throughout and flippers were rebuild a couple hundred plays ago. I gave it the full refurbish treatment where...”
2017-12-16
Madison, WI
2,300 (OBO)

#5388 2 years ago

that's a good price. Well, someone will have to go in and take all the titans off, but besides that, it's a good price.

Actually titans on as rings isnt' that bad. they do add a lot of weird spin on the ball that you normally don't get, but as flipper rubber they are terrible. Luckily the flipper rubber is the easiest one to replace.

#5389 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually titans on as rings isnt' that bad. they do add a lot of weird spin on the ball that you normally don't get, but as flipper rubber they are terrible. Luckily the flipper rubber is the easiest one to replace.

I like the Titan flipper rubbers. They obviously don't play exactly like normal rubber, but they have a nice feel to them. Super-Bands, on the other hand, completely change the way the game plays.

#5390 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I like the Titan flipper rubbers. They obviously don't play exactly like normal rubber, but they have a nice feel to them. Super-Bands, on the other hand, completely change the way the game plays.

Ya...super bands. Ive stopped a ball on the tip of the flipper before, very odd behavior. Ill have to look and see if titan makes clear flipper rubber. I really dig my chrome flippers and clear rubber on my t2.

#5392 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

they are better than shitterbands, but still not the same as regular rubber. Still a little too grabby for me and still changes ball control to much for my taste.

#5393 2 years ago

Anyone have a Stern Star Wars Premium they are considering parting with any time soon?

#5394 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

» YouTube video

Holy shit that is flippin' hilarious! This is dedicated to Aurich. Lmao.

#5395 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are better than shitterbands, but still not the same as regular rubber. Still a little too grabby for me and still changes ball control to much for my taste.

Pinball Life tha is right in between Titans and the traditional bands. Great for gameplay, not too much spin, and better looking than the traditional ones. Imo.

#5396 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Pinball Life tha is right in between Titans and the traditional bands. Great for gameplay, not too much spin, and better looking than the traditional ones. Imo.

I also like the Pinball Life PerfectPlay rubbers, but I am biased.

#5397 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I also like the Pinball Life PerfectPlay rubbers, but I am biased.

maybe i'll give them a try on a game. See if they can sway me.

#5398 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I also like the Pinball Life PerfectPlay rubbers

me too, and I'm not biased. It's the best of both worlds.

#5399 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Oh man, I knew I should have unloaded my Pirates! Always wanted this game and you’re so close! Keep me on your B list if this doesn’t sell. Not sure i’d be able to really devote some time to this before the holidays, and I think I’d like to shed Pirates before I take another one in.

#5400 2 years ago

Superbands flipper rubber are like letting the ball hit metal. No life in them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 8894 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside