Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BBC
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Axle_ad.jpg
    10666716_Pincade.pdf (PDF preview)
    token.JPG
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

I'm in North Lake County, Ingleside/Fox Lake area.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Hey go the NIU game next Wednesday!

I've lived in DeKalb all my life and I've yet to actually make it to one of the games before. I have been down on the field many times as a kid though, are you coming out to the game Wed?

#53 11 years ago

Live in Plainfield.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from examiner:

Krusty
    I'm in your area, Springcreek road. Let me know if you ever need a hand with anything.

Yes, I think you're right by my place. Also, thanks for your generous offer. Same goes here; if you ever need some assistance, simply let me know.

#55 11 years ago

I live in the corn field between Chicago and Rockford known as Genoa

#56 11 years ago

Isn't Genoa the country in the Princess Diaries or where the Xmen often visit? just teasing

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

My friends & I also used to frequent Galaxy World off of Route 64 / North Ave.

LOVED that place, went anytime I Could bum a ride off my brother or friends until I was old enough. I remember on the weekends they were real strict about enforcing curfew. Great pinball section (at one time), great games, always kept them working well.

still have a token, want to recreate a bunch someday
    token.JPGtoken.JPG

#58 11 years ago

Anyone ever used to frequent Dennis's on Lawerence and Cumberland?

#59 11 years ago

Crystal Lake here. There is a pretty surprising amount of people in the northwest suburbs here. I say we just crash Pinball Life sometime. Tons of games there and we are all probably throwing money that way anyway.

#60 11 years ago

Checking in from Huntley!
    Terry.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Doubt you remember me, but when I first started my restoration I would come in and bug the crap out of you. I don't think my pin would be up and running if not for you...

#62 11 years ago

Island Lake here.... right between Crystal Lake & Wauconda.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from NullFlavor:

Crystal Lake here. There is a pretty surprising amount of people in the northwest suburbs here. I say we just crash Pinball Life sometime. Tons of games there and we are all probably throwing money that way anyway.

Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

HaHa, funny Terry posted right after your comment. I'll probably be stopping by Pinball Life on Friday afternoon to pickup a few things as long as I get the time request granted at work to leave a few hours early.

#64 11 years ago

I live in Mundelein and work in Glenview.

Rudy

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from Doot77:

I've lived in DeKalb all my life and I've yet to actually make it to one of the games before. I have been down on the field many times as a kid though, are you coming out to the game Wed?

Been to most every home game since I started there in '91. Have had season tix since 2003. I'll be there. If NIU wins they are division champ again.

#66 11 years ago

Seems like our Chicagoland pinside population leans heavily towards the north?

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

LOVED that place, went anytime I Could bum a ride off my brother or friends until I was old enough. I remember on the weekends they were real strict about enforcing curfew. Great pinball section (at one time), great games, always kept them working well.
    still have a token, want to recreate a bunch someday

I spent a BUNCH of my middle and high school life at Galaxy World. Great picture.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Been to most every home game since I started there in '91. Have had season tix since 2003. I'll be there. If NIU wins they are division champ again.

Yeah they've had some pretty good teams in the last few years. I've had the chance to go to a few games by using my grandma's season tickets before but couldn't find anyone to go with me on short notice and didnt want to go by myself.

#69 11 years ago

Checking in from Plainfield.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I've met a few of you at Tatman's party last year and elsewhere.

#70 11 years ago

Rockford here.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Anyone ever used to frequent Dennis's on Lawerence and Cumberland?

Yes, since I live 5 minutes from there. I use to make the rounds to all the test locations back in the day. Galaxy World or Gala North, Gala West, Just for Fun, Diversions(was in their pinball league), TBI Game Factory in Rockford(played league there once), Gatsby's, River Rand Bowl, Dennis's on Clark, Dennis's on Belmont(forgot the name), Chicago Gaming Co., Funland, Time Square, and Old Town Ale House.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

I use to make the rounds to all the test locations back in the day

How far you go back? When I was really young (like 8-12) there was an arcade in elk grove called games 'r' us in a strip mall (now a bank). I remember they started out as one store front, then bought the empty location next door (knocking down the wall), then again, then again. This place was pretty big from what I remember, and it was a test bed for a few games including a very rare Stern laserdisc game (only 2 made, never went to production) starring bruce jenner:
    http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7964

#73 11 years ago

Well not in Ill but 10min from the border.
    Thinking about hosting a pinside party soon.
    Pincades
    Just depends on inventory though, MM sold yesterday, its been hard to keep pins in stock lately especially with xmas coming up. I have about 9 for sale plus a few of my personal machines there. I always have vids to play as well, and have some adult beverages and play some driving games too! LOL
    WIll post when
    Or darts
    Some of you have been here before Tatman, Bad billy, big duke.
    Happpy Holidays Fellas
    JT

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from NullFlavor:

Our doors are open during our regular business hours for people to come in and play pinball; no charge, no problem. Currently we have Transformers Combo LE, Robocop, STTNG, No Fear, Iron Man, and Sopranos.
    Terry.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jerel63:

The part of Chicago were they ran out of names and started using letters for example Avenue O, Avenue L and so on.

You must know about the Hegewisch Shish-Kabobs then. I used to live at the end of avenue M by the scrap yard.

#76 11 years ago

Located in Round Lake. Know quite of few of you.

Ken

#77 11 years ago

Near west suburb of Lagrange Park. Have a few games at Brixies in Brookfield. Will be at the Ghost on Saturday for the tourney if anyone wants to meet up there. Support your local ops that put quality games out there. I know several of you do already

Rob

#78 11 years ago

Carpentersville checking in.

#79 11 years ago

Black friday add open three days 10-8
    just the proof of the add before corrections (wizards was changed to Wizard of Oz And friday black sale was corrected)
    if your passing by for the holiday feal free to pop in. Pincades 128 N. Broad St.
    Griffith IN 46319
    SOme of you have been here before.
    Happy Holidays to all.
    Pincades
    JT

Open the flyer check it out

#80 11 years ago

You spelled feel wrong..lol

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

Diversions (was in their pinball league) ...

Was that the place in Lincoln Village? If so, I almost got my ass kicked there once. My friend and I were playing Mortal Kombat, and we got into it with some a guy. Next thing I know, five of his friends show up.

#82 11 years ago

Just North of Antioch; across the Cheddar Curtain.

But grew up in Morton Grove, playing at the MG Comm Center that had it's own gameroom filled with about 6 pins, pool, foosball and early vids.
    Also spent much of my youth at the (original) Par King mini-golf on Dempster (when the gameroom was in the safari hut).
    Then there were the gamerooms in Talsman Village on Golf in Niles (next to The Works) and the one at Milwaukee & Sanders in Northbrook.
    Later... hitting Aladdin's Castle down in HIP (usually coinciding with a trip to Rolling Stone Records).

Greg

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from temlog:

From Gurnee folks.....a couple of miles east from Six Flags.

We're practically neighbors.
    Jeff

Close to WMS headquarters and plant.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Logan Square, ya'll. Hey oh!

One neighborhood from were Bally made its' mark and the former Williams pinball plant now reborn as their technology campus. The "skyscraper" looms over the neighborhood and Chicago River. Lit up logo and everything.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Close to WMS headquarters and plant.

Actually I live within walking distance of one of the WMS manufacturing sites. Main headquarters about 3 miles away.

Funny thing, when I picked up my NGG and looked under the lockdown bar, the name on the inspection tag was that one of my good friends. He worked there in the 90's. He almost fell over when I showed it to him.

Jeff

#86 11 years ago

Mount Prospect.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

But grew up in Morton Grove, playing at the MG Comm Center that had it's own gameroom filled with about 6 pins, pool, foosball and early vids.
    Also spent much of my youth at the (original) Par King mini-golf on Dempster (when the gameroom was in the safari hut).
    Then there were the gamerooms in Talsman Village on Golf in Niles (next to The Works) and the one at Milwaukee & Sanders in Northbrook.

You just named three of the main places I frequented as a kid. I lived right across the street from Par King, so my friends and I walked over there all the time. Prairie View Community Center was just on the other side of Dempster. There was also a small game room in Classic Bowl. I had several birthday parties at "The Name is Games", which is the place that was next to The Works. I still go to The Works every now and then. Best gyros in all of Chicagoland.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Near west suburb of Lagrange Park. Have a few games at Brixies in Brookfield. Will be at the Ghost on Saturday for the tourney if anyone wants to meet up there. Support your local ops that put quality games out there. I know several of you do already
    Rob

Rob (hope this is the right one) Not sure you remember me... use to play drums in Comasoft below your apartment when you lived at the "clybourn manor" and ran into you one night at Brixies during a 3 Floyds take over...

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You just named three of the main places I frequented as a kid. I lived right across the street from Par King, so my friends and I walked over there all the time. Prairie View Community Center was just on the other side of Dempster. There was also a small game room in Classic Bowl. I had several birthday parties at "The Name is Games", which is the place that was next to The Works. I still go to The Works every now and then. Best gyros in all of Chicagoland.

"The Name is Games" ! Thank you! It was killing me that I couldn't remember the name.

Greg

#90 11 years ago

Romeoville here

#91 11 years ago

Batavia checking in.

#92 11 years ago

I live in New Lenox and work in Oak Lawn
    lots of pinheads in the Chicago area huh?

I was at expo with my 16 y/o daughter, she is also a pinhead, meet a few you guys on here but not everyone. She said I should buy a WOZ and that her Mom would like it!

9 vids and 3 pins in house

LOTR
    TZ
    Gotlieb Strikes n Spares (great drinking game)

Saving coin for my next pin.
    Tron, SM, or TSPP is high on my want list

To Bigduke the OP
    Let me know when you have a day off and I could stop on my lunch for a game or 2.

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

You must know about the Hegewisch Shish-Kabobs then. I used to live at the end of avenue M by the scrap yard.

Hell yeah "Drago bobs" they still are the greatest shishkabobs ever!! What and Ave M? Im on 117 By the strip mall

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Batavia checking in.

City of Energy.......

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jerel63:

What and Ave M? Im on 117 By the strip mall

135th and M. Haven't lived there in 20 years. Over in Crown Point now. But still go back now and then for some kick ass bobs.

#96 11 years ago

Gurnee here

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomaszb1:

Rob (hope this is the right one) Not sure you remember me... use to play drums in Comasoft below your apartment when you lived at the "clybourn manor" and ran into you one night at Brixies during a 3 Floyds take over...

Yah, hey Tomas! Between the band practices and the pins, that was a noisy building. I see you found your way to pinside and got your collection started--that's awesome! perhaps I'll see ya over there again soon.

Rob

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

How far you go back? When I was really young (like 8-12) there was an arcade in elk grove called games 'r' us in a strip mall (now a bank). I remember they started out as one store front, then bought the empty location next door (knocking down the wall), then again, then again. This place was pretty big from what I remember, and it was a test bed for a few games including a very rare Stern laserdisc game (only 2 made, never went to production) starring bruce jenner:
    http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7964

Never seen that Stern laserdisc game. Got any pics, sounds cool. I've been to an arcade in Elk Grove, can't remember the name. It was when Theatre of Magic was recently out at the time. I started playing a lot by watching a girl play High Speed at my local 7 Eleven. Her and some other guy would be battling for high scores all the time. My 7 eleven would get new pins on a regular basis along with vids. Been going to Expo since 91 or 18 years old.

Quoted from gweempose:

Was that the place in Lincoln Village? If so, I almost got my ass kicked there once. My friend and I were playing Mortal Kombat, and we got into it with some a guy. Next thing I know, five of his friends show up.

Yes. I use to play MK and SF there too. They were sore losers there and Galaxy World on the fighting games. Use to go all over playing the fighting games, and beating the "house champ" They wanted to kick our ass too, lol! Some of the more rare games I've seen on test were Data East King Kong and Robocop at Diversions. 3 different Doctor Who cabinets with back glasses at 3 different locations. Pinball Circus at Diversions, Gala, and I believe Just for Fun. Completely different narrow body versions of WWF and Maverick at Dennis's.

#99 11 years ago

Chris from Zion here.....

MB, SS, CP, RBION, SG, RFM and waiting on WOZ and Predator.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

They were sore losers there and Galaxy World on the fighting games. Use to go all over playing the fighting games, and beating the "house champ" They wanted to kick our ass too, lol!

Yup. Happened to me at Just Games (Harlem Ave and can't recall cross road) and at the Axel Roller rink in Norridge. I'd do the color of money video game set up. Walk in quiet, play a non discreet game I would suck at, then ask if I could give them a head to head play where they stacked tons of quarters if I lost I'd pay for their game. Hahahaha. Only did that if I over heard someone get really cocky on the game. A piece of humble pie is always good medicine.

Dragon's Lair at Axel Roller rink I think I personally financed their ROI. Loved that game. Denis's was still my pinball maven place.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-pinsiders/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.