(Topic ID: 166527)

Chicago Pinsiders- - Traveling here for my B Day and need Suggestions!

By Redknight87

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by aobrien5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160923_111601942 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMAG1674_(resized).jpg
    IMAG1675_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    neverputketchuponahotdog_400x400_(resized).jpg
    ChicagoNoKetchupSign_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Wrigley is a must, tickets will be a bit pricey. The best way is to just go to wrigleyville and wait to buy tix 20 min or so before the game starts from one of the many tix brokers that have shops around wrigley. Logan's hardware is pretty close to wrigley and is an awesome barcade. AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT ORDER YOUR HOT DOG WITH KETCHUP!!

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Redknight87:

Do you think buying tix that late is a risk? Great suggestion though, I did not think of that.
    We will definately need to check out Logan's before or after the game.
    Hotdog's are meant to have mustard! as well as corndogs! lol I am sure I would get the stankeye if I ordered it with Ketchup. Ha ha!

The boat tour sounds cool. We also thought about a helicopter tour. What I read about the Divy bikes is that you can rent them for $7.00 for the whole day but they are meant to get from point A to point B and must be returned to a terminal every 30 minutes and you can swap out the bike. Is that correct?
    Loosing sight of a ball flying 100mph or greater definitely sounds dangerous. haha. I am thinking our budget for tickets to this game is about $60.00 - $70.00 per ticket since there are so many other things we want to do. Other than the obstructed view seats is there really a bad seat at the ballpark?
    Millennium Park is noted.
    Buckingham fountain is noted and will look more into that.
    My girlfirend does want to see "The Bean" lol.
    Galveston is not far from Houston and they have something similar to Navy pier called Pleasure Pier. It sounds like it is the same thing. Rides, carnival games, expensive over priced fried foods ect.
    We chose to use Air Bnb as opposed to a hotel. It was much cheaper. We are staying in an apartment in the heart of Downtown "Gold Coast Chicago" . Please tell me this is a good area to be in. lol
    Dinner suggestions around that area would be awesome!

Sounds like Logan's is the place to go!
    I love aquariums! great suggestion, I will look more into it!
    Thank you everyone for some great suggestions. Any more?!

It really isn't much of a risk, I've done it dozens of times, you'll either have to pay a bit more or you will have to hang out in wrigleyville where there are literally 100 bars within a 2 block radius. WIN, WIN!!

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Don't listen to the Hot Dog Nazi's. They put tomatoes on hot dogs! What's that but raw ketchup?!

Ketchup tastes nothing like a nice ripe tomato, Hoosiers

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

You're right, tomatoes are gross.

But I thought ketchup and tomatoes were the same thing?

#16 7 years ago

Another one of my favorite Vienna signs

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Sorry, had to go get lunch.

It was delicious!
    I'm a rebel. Or a child, whatever.

lol, did your mommy cut it up for you?

#24 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

True dat! Deep dish isn't my favorite, but you really can't go wrong, just don't do Giordano's. Rednight87 may come out of the Windy City 10 # heavier if he partakes in all of the food he's mentioned. I haven't had a good Italian sausage and beef combo in a while. My arteries are hardening just thinking about it!

It's funny how everyone from outside of Chicago thinks that all we eat is deep dish, in reality I rarely eat deep dish, unless I'm eating with someone from out of town

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Totally! I love a good deep dish pizza, but I eat thin crust way more often. Last night we ordered from Lou Malnati's, a place synonymous with deep dish, and we all had thin crust.

They just opened a Lous a block from our office, not sure if that's a good or bad thing

#37 7 years ago

Speaking of bad for your heart, I think I'll have a gyro for lunch. Extra tomato in honor of aobrien

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

If you can find a place that has Three Floyd's Zombie Dust, get that. If you like IPAs, you'll love that. It's from my neck of the woods, so Jaybird won't like it, but he's really missing out.

Zombie dust is good stuff, as long as you don't ruin it with ketchup, or is it catsup

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I drove and picked up a firepower a couple weekends ago in Chicago and happened upon a portillo's. I looked over the menu and thought ok I will give the Italian beef a try. Must be a Chicago thing. guess I got to many NC taste buds.

Portillos can be hit or miss, there's much better Italian beef to be had. How'd you order it, dipped, moist, dry w/ giardenera or sweet peppers?

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Dipped with sweet for me!!!

Exactly!!

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

It was good just not something I was used too. I have never even heard the term Italian beef before that night. Would I order it again? Sure.
    I saw the sign said they come wet so I just went "plain". When we see the word gravy, we think of either the brown or white stuff. We would call your "gravy" au jus. If you had some of our BBQ you would say WTF. Pork in vinegar.

I love me some BBQ, and actually prefer the vinegar based sauces

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaybird815.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-pinsiders-traveling-here-for-my-b-day-and-need-suggestions?tu=Jaybird815 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.