(Topic ID: 166527)

Chicago Pinsiders- - Traveling here for my B Day and need Suggestions!

By Redknight87

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by aobrien5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160923_111601942 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMAG1674_(resized).jpg
    IMAG1675_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    neverputketchuponahotdog_400x400_(resized).jpg
    ChicagoNoKetchupSign_(resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

It was good just not something I was used too. I have never even heard the term Italian beef before that night. Would I order it again? Sure.
    I saw the sign said they come wet so I just went "plain". When we see the word gravy, we think of either the brown or white stuff. We would call your "gravy" au jus. If you had some of our BBQ you would say WTF. Pork in vinegar.

I love me some BBQ, and actually prefer the vinegar based sauces

#52 7 years ago

I've always wondered wtf that was all about.

#53 7 years ago

Titans of industry have also wrestled with the ketchup/catsup conundrum.

#54 7 years ago

You guy's rock with all these suggestions. I am going to be a fat blob when I head home. LOL.

1 week later
    #55 7 years ago

I just checked to see when the trip was scheduled for, and it appears that you have already come and gone. For some reason I thought it wasn't happening until later. So how was it? Did you guys have a good time? What did you do? Where did you eat?

3 weeks later
    #57 7 years ago

I am actually here now! We are at Harry Caray's on Navy Pier right now. We have been to Lou's for pizza, Millennium Park, saw the bean, and the fountains, been to the field museum, the aquarium, rode divy bikes on lake shore, been to stern factory, rode in my first Uber, had a Chicago dog, and I had an Italian beef dipped with hot peppers.

This city is badass! We are on our first full day here and there is so much more to do!

I'm thinking we will be going to Logan's Sunday after the cubs game!

I will post back soon with pictures and more descriptions of our amazing adventure!

IMG_20160923_111601942 (resized).jpgIMG_20160923_111601942 (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago

Should've said so! I work about two blocks from millennium park. I would've paid for your first ketchup laden Chicago dog.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-pinsiders-traveling-here-for-my-b-day-and-need-suggestions/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.