6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BBC
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Axle_ad.jpg
    10666716_Pincade.pdf (PDF preview)
    token.JPG

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

It seems there's a lot of us in the ole Chicagoland area. I've had a chance to meet a couple of ya at MGC and expo. I thought I'd do an updated role call here. I'd like to put some faces to names at some point. In our weird hobby the more contacts you have, better off ya are! Anywho I'm down here in Oak Lawn. My small collection is growing slowly and so are my tech skills. Stop by some time!

#2 6 years ago

Hey bigduke. Not sure if we met in person but "Hidee Ho neighbor". Look forward to meeting up sometime. In Prospect Heights.

#3 6 years ago

Not Chicago but out west of the city, and I'm doing my best to help a bunch of us getting together more often out this way.

#4 6 years ago

Prospect Heights you should go to game works they have the new stern games.

#5 6 years ago

Hola! I'm here out west of the city on the way to Doot! Eagerly looking forward to MGC this year. Will be there the weekend with a game, and if I am invited back, to organize the afterparty too.

#6 6 years ago

Carol Stream here my fellow pinfolk

#7 6 years ago

Way north suburb here, almost Wisconsin.

#8 6 years ago

In the heart of ol' Chi-Town!

#9 6 years ago

From Gurnee folks.....a couple of miles east from Six Flags.

Quoted from fazed:

Way north suburb here, almost Wisconsin.

We're practically neighbors.

Jeff

#10 6 years ago

Logan Square, ya'll. Hey oh!

#11 6 years ago

Huntley, IL newbie checking in...

There is a decent classic games arcade in Algonquin with 6 or 8 pretty good pins.

#12 6 years ago

I'm in Montgomery (just south of Aurora). I hope to meet some of you soon!

Quoted from James391:

There is a decent classic games arcade in Algonquin with 6 or 8 pretty good pins.

Are you talking about No Limit Arcade? The last time I was there (two months or so ago?), they just had Fish Tales, and it was set to one ball/game. The owner told me he used to have 7 of his pins there.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from James391:

Hey neighbor! I'm 2 miles from huntley (pop into pinball life now n then)

Quoted from James391:

Are you referring to no limit? Last time I was in there a couple months ago, there was nothing left but a fish tales and a lowered hard body re-themed as disney cars. When I talked to the owner, he said he pulled them out because the kids were "breaking his pins". I think maybe if he gapped his EOS switches, he wouldn't have issues

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I used to live in LITH. I remember going to The Machine in Crystal Point Mall to play. Maybe that is way before your time.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from fazed:

I remember going to The Machine in Crystal Point Mall to play. Maybe that is way before your time

I hear a lot of people talk about it, but I moved out here 12 years ago, so yes I believe before my time. I'm originally from elk grove/itasca

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

but I moved out here 12 years ago,

Weird, I move out 12 years ago and you fill my spot.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm in Montgomery (just south of Aurora). I hope to meet some of you soon!

Are you talking about No Limit Arcade? The last time I was there (two months or so ago?), they just had Fish Tales, and it was set to one ball/game. The owner told me he used to have 7 of his pins there.

That's a bummer. Last I was in there, he had Johnny Mnemonic, Congo, Theatre of Magic, Fish Tales and a couple others.

#18 6 years ago

Frankfort-Not many pins on location down here though...
    AFM,MB,TZ,and TS in the house though.

#19 6 years ago

Batavia checking in here. Would love to see some of us Pinsiders get together on a regular basis.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Are you referring to no limit? Last time I was in there a couple months ago, there was nothing left but a Fish Tales and a lowered Hard Body re-themed as disney cars. When I talked to the owner, he said he pulled them out because the kids were "breaking his pins". I think maybe if he gapped his EOS switches, he wouldn't have issues

I'm sad to hear that. When I was last there he had several, but was complaining about people "wrecking his machines." To be fair, there were kids wailing on them, and I saw a couple flipper switches get broken. He has switched them from free play to tokens, so that it was still unlimited free play, but you had to go get the tokens. This seemed to keep the kids off of it, but they would still go and mash the flipper buttons a handfull of times anyways. I would think this wouldn't be that big of a deal; but I guess he got sick of it.

I had been meaning to go back, but without the pins I don't have much of an interest anymore....too bad...

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from jk2171:

Would love to see some of us Pinsiders get together on a regular basis.

I've been attempting to get an official club going in the area for over a year (have some dedicated members), but still trying to work things out:
    http://www.illinoispinballclub.com

Really just trying to push gatherings (public and private), get people to meet outside of expos

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I've been attempting to get an official club going in the area for over a year (have some dedicated members), but still trying to work things out:
    Really just trying to push gatherings (public and private), get people to meet outside of expos

I'd love to get involved with that.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd be in for that. It would be nice for the local guys.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from James391:

That's a bummer. Last I was in there, he had Johnny Mnemonic, Congo, Theatre of Magic, Fish Tales and a couple others.

Yeah, I drove over an hour each way to play some ToM, so I was disappointed! My daughter got to play some video games though. It seems like whenever I try to play somewhere that's supposed to have pins, it's a bust. Expo was cool though, and I plan on making the pilgrimage to CP Pinball someday.

#26 6 years ago

Dixon. Even further west on I-88. Typically willing to drive to pin party's

#27 6 years ago

I'm in the Northern burbs about 10 minutes from badbilly.

#28 6 years ago

South East side of Chicago. The part of Chicago were they ran out of names and started using letters for example Avenue O, Avenue L and so on. Soooooo who's selling their LOTR around here?

#29 6 years ago

Waaayyy west burbs here. Not Huntley west, but close.

#30 6 years ago

Southwest burbs - montgomery

#31 6 years ago

Well not sure how I missed this post but Crystal Lake checking in.

#32 6 years ago

I'm in Darien... new to the forum and such.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd be up for this as well, ToyotaBoy. Do we contact you through the website, or just a PM here?

#34 6 years ago

I suggest a meetup at Brixies and then the Galloping Ghost Arcade this Saturday for their pinball tournement. Both in Brookfield Il
    http://gallopingghostarcade.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/events/356164731137545/

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from jk2171:

I'd be up for this as well, ToyotaBoy. Do we contact you through the website, or just a PM here?

contact me through website, goes to my email

Quoted from MRG:

I suggest a meetup at Brixies and then the Galloping Ghost Arcade this Saturday for their pinball tournement

Can't make it this saturday

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Doot77:

Not Chicago but out west of the city, and I'm doing my best to help a bunch of us getting together more often out this way.

Hey go the NIU game next Wednesday!

#37 6 years ago

West burbs here, Bolingbrook. Will be at the Ghost for the pin tourney Saturday, unless something comes up.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from fazed:

I used to live in LITH. I remember going to The Machine in Crystal Point Mall to play. Maybe that is way before your time

Fazed - I remember 'The Machine' well! First arcade where I played EATPM's, Cyclone & MNF. As kids, we used to take the bus to go between The Machine in Crystal Lake & Aladdin's Castle in Carpentersville/Dundee. Good times!

All - I'm approx. 75 miles, due west of Chicago (not really considered the suburbs out this way though - too far technically) nearest to Belvidere. (Just north)

#39 6 years ago

West 'burbs as well.

#40 6 years ago

Elmhurst. http://www.pinballmafia.net for our league (currently at capacity with a wait list)

Brixies and Gameworks are the closest locations to play besides our collective basements.

-c

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Fazed - I remember 'The Machine' well! First arcade where I played EATPM's, Cyclone & MNF. As kids, we used to take the bus to go between The Machine in Crystal Lake & Aladdin's Castle in Carpentersville/Dundee.

Good times for sure. If I go further back into my life, I used to love going to Peacock Palace in Northbrook to play games. Now that is REALLY going back in time.

#42 6 years ago

I'm just outside the city and still take the Blue to work. Brixies is too far, I play at Cigars and Stripes on Ogden. They've got Monster Bash, Getaway, and Creech.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from fazed:

Good times for sure. If I go further back into my life, I used to love going to Peacock Palace in Northbrook to play games. Now that is REALLY going back in time.

I never heard of Peacock Palace, but I'm sure it was cool. Any idea as to when they shutdown? I'm curious to see if I had a drivers license then. My friends & I also used to frequent Galaxy World off of Route 64 / North Ave. in Carol Stream once we hit high school & could drive. I realize that home gaming systems are very advanced these days, but kids don't have it good like we used to! (IMO)

#44 6 years ago

Chicago guy here. I'm near downtown in logan square, but work in West Loop near Bottom Lounge. I have probably meet a few of you at the Gameworks tourneys and at Expo.

#45 6 years ago

Krusty
    I'm in your area, Springcreek road. Let me know if you ever need a hand with anything.

Greg.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I never heard of Peacock Palace, but I'm sure it was cool. Any idea as to when they shutdown? I'm curious to see if I had a drivers license then. My friends & I also used to frequent Galaxy World off of Route 64 / North Ave. in Carol Stream once we hit high school & could drive. I realize that home gaming systems are very advanced these days, but kids don't have it good like we used to! (IMO)

It burned to the ground in the mid/late 80s. Yeah, I'm old.

#47 6 years ago

Beach park (although soon Lindenhurst) checking in. Currently 3 pins (and eventually a WOZ) and hope to add to gameroom that is currently being remodeled. If there is a club formed, I would like offer my place on the list of places to play

#48 6 years ago

I never knew so many pin people were so nearby!

#49 6 years ago

I was expecting a few replies. We're at about 50. It sounds like this is a great way to get things rolling. I'd have no problem having a few pinsiders over but my collection is small, but I'm working on it.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

#50 6 years ago

Wheaton, West Burbs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.99
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside