(Topic ID: 227041)

Chicago Pinball Hall of Fame to open

By PinballCompany

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Megaforce (resized).jpg
    Chicago Pinball Hall of Fame Slides.pdf (PDF preview)
    #1 5 years ago

We have been patiently waiting to announce our intentions to open the Chicago Pinball Hall of Fame. Our formal announcement will be at Pinball Expo next Thursday at 3:00pm. We will not be giving any details before then but I thought it best to have people there that are interested in learning more. We have been researching possible locations for our privately funded project ever since our planned purchase of the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas fell through. The details we discuss next week will also be posted on our Facebook page at the end of next week's seminar titled "The Untold Story of The Pinball Company". Hope to see many of you there!

Nic & Brooke Parks

https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoPinballHallOfFame/

#3 5 years ago

thank you for the heads up. I will now be at your seminar at expo. I want to learn more

#4 5 years ago

cool.

72 Jetsons games to play

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

cool.
    72 Jetsons games to play

LOL. Probably not.

#6 5 years ago

well give us a little teaster at least...

how many pins?
    pay to enter or coin drop?
    in actual chicago? or a burb?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

well give us a little teaster at least...
    how many pins?
    pay to enter or coin drop?
    in actual chicago? or a burb?

Our plan for Las Vegas was to make it bigger and better - a real Vegas style attraction. Look at our page for Silverball in Columbia, MO to see what we did with our bar. I think you can wait one week for details.

https://www.facebook.com/SilverballBar/

Nic

#8 5 years ago

so, not really a hall of fame type place and moreso a barcade?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Who cares if it has a bar if it's bigger than the PHOF in vegas? Sheesh.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, if it has even half as many games as the PHOF in Vegas, it will be by far the largest public pinball location in the Midwest. Needless to say, I'm very excited to hear more details.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, if it has even half as many games as the PHOF in Vegas, it will be by far the largest public pinball location in the Midwest. Needless to say, I'm very excited to hear more details.

Even though you said 'public', I still feel like Clay is going to show up and saber rattle.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was referencing our bar as a hint to the quality of venue. I would not expect bare concrete floors and white walls.

Nic

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Even though you said 'public', I still feel like Clay is going to show up and saber rattle.

LOL! The funny thing is that I went back and added the word "public" specifically because of the VFW.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I think it would be awesome! beer and pinball go well together!

#15 5 years ago

We will share a full game list at Expo and on the Facebook page.

#16 5 years ago

3 More Days! Thanks for the 300+ Facebook Likes!

https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoPinballHallOfFame/

#17 5 years ago

We will cover a lot on Thursday, but if you have questions you want to shoot over go ahead an post them and we will be sure to prepare answers.

Nic

#18 5 years ago

what's the update here?

#19 5 years ago

Yeah, what the juice. The seminar was at 3pm.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, what the juice. The seminar was at 3pm.

Check pinball news

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Check pinball news

Oh that’s why nobody said anything. Underwhelming.

#22 5 years ago

“Nick concluded by detailing his plans for a Chicago Pinball Hall of Fame in Schaumberg, Illinois with 150+ modern-era pinballs, a selection of EM pinballs, new arcade games, a full bar and a corporate/party area. He said if all goes to plan the business should be open by this time next year.”

#23 5 years ago

He wants it to be similar the Tim Arnolds Pinball Hall of Fame but all for profit based. Which to me, is kind of *not* what I ever felt from Tim.

Tim's operation has been to donate to the Salvation Army, cover operating costs, and put a little away to location improvement (which he has secured).

Nick sells the idea of sharing pinball with the public and helping it grow, but also is concerned with profits and beer sales. If you see the or hear the video, listen to how many times he mentions sales of beer (Margin $$$$).

While I *LOVE* a good beer- a sometimes swill- I think the direction he wants to take the PHoF 'model' should not use the PHoF name in it's title as that's not what the original PHoF was about.

While I have no problem with Nick's idea- and I will probably patronize it, I don't think the name, nor the attempt to relate it to Tim's operation is appropriate. What Nick is proposing, from all description, is a super size barcade in a high traffic area.

It is business, it is about the bottom line, but it is about pinball and having fun. I really do hope it does well, just change the name and who and how you are trying to portray it.

(Flame retardant suit has been put on for safety)

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP: Nick sells the idea of sharing pinball with the public and helping it grow, but also is concerned with profits and beer sales. If you see the or hear the video, listen to how many times he mentions sales of beer (Margin $$$$).

Good on him. Who cares if he makes money, I hope he makes millions if he is helping pinball along.

Just remember

Beer + Pinball = $$$

#25 5 years ago

I think this is great news.

But if it’s not affiliated with Tim’s PHOF, you should grab a different name. It’s just going to add to confusion down the road.

#26 5 years ago

Pinsiders will complain about anything, imho.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Pinsiders will complain about anything, imho.

Especially other peoples’ posts.

#28 5 years ago

Sucks it will be in the burbs.. but still good to have it.

#29 5 years ago

Looks like I'll have another reason to do a road trip once this place opens up.

#30 5 years ago

The fact that people now have the potential opportunity to make a nice profit on pinball is a good thing. I support them.

#31 5 years ago

Still settling back in Missouri and getting caught up. Here are a few comments...

1) The Chicago Pinball Hall of Fame will be much more representative of the name than what is in Las Vegas
    2) This venture is about exposing people to pinball.
    3) I'd rather be a for profit company that donates profits to charity than pretend to be a nonprofit with restrictions on what you can do and say to promote pinball.

I think "Pinheads" will love our place.
    We hope non-"Pinheads" will fall in love with pinball because this place exists.

Nic

#32 5 years ago

Chicago Pinball Hall of Fame Slides.pdfChicago Pinball Hall of Fame Slides.pdf

Here are the slides

#33 5 years ago

Where is this going to be located? Woodfield Mall?

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

What's point 2?

I deleted it.

2) Chicago Pinball Museum was already taken!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCompany:

I deleted it.
    2) Chicago Pinball Museum was already taken!

Gotcha.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Where is this going to be located? Woodfield Mall?

That’s a contender.

1 week later
    #38 5 years ago

So is there a direct link to the audio and/or video of the presentation and sale pitch for the crowdfunding of this project?

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

So is there a direct link to the audio and/or video of the presentation and sale pitch for the crowdfunding of this project?

I believe video of all the seminars can be found on the Pinball News website ...

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/10/18/pinball-expo-2018/

6 months later
    #40 4 years ago

Any update on this?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from abagwell:

Any update on this?

I was wondering the same thing. Is this still happening?

5 months later
    #42 4 years ago

I was thinking about this today. Is it still a thing planned?

#43 4 years ago

I would guess not? FB page is gone.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I would guess not? FB page is gone.

It's kind of surprising they had this big secret thing to get hype and then have it quietly fade away.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from nowakster:

It's kind of surprising they had this big secret thing to get hype and then have it quietly fade away.

That's what too much hype will do.

#46 4 years ago

Darn. Would have liked to have visited it when I do my road trips to Galloping Ghost.

#47 4 years ago
    Megaforce (resized).jpgMegaforce (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-pinball-hall-of-fame-to-open?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.